Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Feature Request: Switching Drums Kit / Instrument Patches using DJ Controller

fingas 3:55 PM - 15 November, 2019
Currently when you use the DJ controller navigation knob to select a Drum Kit or Instrument, Serato Studio adds an additional instrument to the session.

If I have programmed drums, and like the pattern, but not the sounds, I have to continually drag a new Drum Kit patch from the “Song List”.

After selecting the DrumKit with my sequence/program, I would prefer to be able to navigate to with the knob through the Kit List and press LOAD to REPLACE the current Kit with the new one I have selected.

Alternatively, if the “AUTO-PREVIEW” knob is already activated, Serato Studio could audition my drums sequence / program with the sounds from the currently selected Kit in the song window,
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:31 AM - 17 November, 2019
Hey fingas,

You have the option of loading a new drum kit/Instrument or replacing an existing drum kit/instrument. To left to an existing deck (and keep your pattern etc), just use the left 'load' button on your DJ controller, and to load a new one use the right 'load' button.

Make sure you're on the latest version of Serato Studio, as this was an improvement that was added not too long ago.

Cheers,
Logan.
fingas 7:39 PM - 17 November, 2019
THANKS!!!