Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

How do I get ozone 9 if I'm already subscribed?

Score Shakur 3:45 AM - 21 October, 2019
Give me information on how I get ozone 9 I have been a subscriber since August this seems like it's a new deal for someone who is about to subscribe I am completely lost the video that you guys released on YouTube gave us zero information on how to get it if you are already subscribed we are supposed to be top priority being that we paid for the subscription.
Please help thank you
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 10:08 PM - 21 October, 2019
Hey Score Shakur,

All subscribers should have received an email with the license last week - maybe check your spam folder and if it's not there, drop a line to support@serato.com and they will sort you out.

Score Shakur 12:28 AM - 22 October, 2019
Got it
DANGERUST 6:58 AM - 24 October, 2019
Ok I have done the license but can't work out how to active it!!! Can someone please help me
Score Shakur 5:16 PM - 24 October, 2019
After you authorize it and it relocates in your program files VST Steinberg go in Serato Studio to all plug-ins and it should be on the list at the very bottom or you can put it in the search bar ozone elements 9 if that's what you mean
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:19 PM - 30 October, 2019
DANGERDUST, just checking - did you get it working?
DANGERUST 6:40 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
DANGERDUST, just checking - did you get it working?

Na Not at all! lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 12:50 AM - 4 November, 2019
Hmmm, sounds like something might not be working as it should. The best way to get this sorted is to contact the support team direct through this link: support.serato.com they'll get back to you quickly and help you get Ozone.
Chiefrockaz DJz 9:40 AM - 14 January, 2020
Hello, I have the same issue or Problem. Sorry.

I see iZotope in my library, but how can I open or started Ozone. I dont find any Icon at my macbook pro, only in the library, but I dont know how can I use. No separatly Windows are open...Can anyone help me please?!?! Thanks....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:34 PM - 14 January, 2020
Hey Chiefrockaz DJz,

If you can see Ozone in your library inside Studio (in the plugins tab) then try dragging it onto an FX slot straight from the library. To do that, just make sure the FX panel is open (by clicking on the FX button in the application header near the tempo), make sure a cue is selected, and then drag the plugin from the library onto the FX knob (if you put it on the left side it will apply to just the pad, and if you put it on the right it will apply to all pads).

You can now show and hide the plugin window by clicking on the eye in the FX slot.

Does that work for you?
Chiefrockaz DJz 5:49 AM - 15 January, 2020
Oh yes. Thanks for your help again. Now it’s working. Thanks for the info to the workflow. πŸ‘πŸ» Oh yeeeehhhh...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:03 PM - 15 January, 2020
Great news. Let us know if you have any other questions man.
DANGERUST 6:48 AM - 16 January, 2020
Finally someone has answered my question how to activate it! Thanks
Kiwi00 5:55 PM - 17 January, 2020
Great, that worked. thanks Phill C!

Then why none of this is mentioned in the official Help article on the subject??
support.serato.com

It does not mention FX Panel at all!? Actually it outlines a completely different workflow, which does NOT work.

Serato's help articles are horrendously non-informative, scarce on details, and misleading almost.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:58 PM - 17 January, 2020
Hey Kiwi00,

Are you having a specific issue with using Plugins in Studio? The manual entry you have linked to is just the basics on loading an opening a plugin.

We have a number of great video tutorials that you might find useful here -> serato.com

Any issues you have I'll be happy to help :)

Logan.
Kiwi00 1:18 AM - 24 January, 2020
Hi Logan,

Thanks for jumping in.

Yes, that's all I needed to know. The basics of loading and opening a plugin. The video proposes a workflow which does NOT work.

Video "Instruments and plugins basics" from serato.com ? Again, the workflow proposed does NOT work.

Again, none of them mention FX panel, which needs to be used to open a plugin. Videos suggest that one only needs to drag a plugin from Plugin Library onto Scene Deck and that's it. Not the case. When I do that nothing happens. Only when the FX panel is activated and one drags a plugin onto one of the FX pads it gest activated.

This is not mentioned anywhere.

That is what I meant by "misleading".

It is very frustrating if I have to roam through a forum for something basic like that.

I understand that Studio is a new software that gets updated frequently, but you must agree that if help documentation does not follow along it is useless.

Cheers,
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:24 AM - 24 January, 2020
Hey Kiwi00,

I understand the frustration it doesn't look like anything is specifically informing you to open the FX panel which looks like an oversight on our behalf.

You can load Instrument plugins by dragging and dropping them onto a Scene Deck, but not the FX plugins, as you have found.

We have some optimisations in this area coming up that will make it easier - for example letting you drag and drop an FX plugin anywhere on the deck and having it load into the next available FX slot.

Cheers,
Logan.