Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

What speakers and subs do I need

hhill19 6:32 AM - 1 October, 2019
I'm new to DJing and got my first gig, it's a Halloween dance. So far I've got 2 Yamaha DBR 10 inch speakers. I was wondering what subwoofer I should be looking at? Size brand model? The dance will have a maximum of 200 people. Do i also need more speakers or will the 2 be enough for this size? TIA
DJ Tecniq 3:23 PM - 1 October, 2019
QSC KW181 it’s a beast or they just released the KS118 which is an upgraded model of the 18” KW181 except w/3600 watts of power.
hhill19 5:23 AM - 2 October, 2019
Thank you! Do you think my 2 speakers will be enough with a subwoofer for a maximum of 200 people?
DJ Tecniq 2:36 PM - 2 October, 2019
Quote:
Thank you! Do you think my 2 speakers will be enough with a subwoofer for a maximum of 200 people?
Yes definitely you can put the sub underneath the table and your tops you can put on speaker stands. An 18” sub and two speakers are more than enough for 200 ppl.
DJ Tecniq 2:38 PM - 2 October, 2019
Word of advice def price around with online retailers a lot of them will hook you up with a great deal on a sub. I got my QSC KW181 for only $1287 new and its a $1500 sub.
DJ Tecniq 2:52 PM - 2 October, 2019
You’ll def want a sub w/casters (wheels) so it’s easy to transport. Which is why i went with the KW181 for easy transport.
DJ Tecniq 1:29 AM - 3 October, 2019
What is your budget for a sub? That’s the main question.
hhill19 7:56 AM - 3 October, 2019
For this event I will probably rent one till I have more money to spend on my own. Willing to spend $1500or more to get a good sub.
DJ Tecniq 4:54 AM - 4 October, 2019
Quote:
For this event I will probably rent one till I have more money to spend on my own. Willing to spend $1500or more to get a good sub.
Good idea check your local music stores you can prob get one for rent for really cheap.
hhill19 4:15 PM - 5 October, 2019
Do you think I'd be able to use just one Yorkville 15 inch subwoofer or would I need 2?
DJ Tecniq 12:42 AM - 6 October, 2019
Quote:
Do you think I'd be able to use just one Yorkville 15 inch subwoofer or would I need 2?
Na a 15” Yorkville will slam should be plenty.
DJ Tecniq 12:47 AM - 6 October, 2019
See if you can rent this one. This thing has serious bass! 2x15”s! And it’s very portable i have personally used it. Shit cranks

www.amazon.com
hhill19 4:20 AM - 6 October, 2019
Ya they have it available for rent. I can get 1 15" for $30 or 2 15" for $60. I'm not sure how to hook up more than one subwoofer to my speakers though. I use an RCA from my dj controller to the speaker. Then a XLR cord to connect the speakers.
hhill19 4:21 AM - 6 October, 2019
Also do you know how much they weigh? I'm a little worried I won't be able to lift it. I'm a girl lol
DJ Tecniq 11:17 PM - 6 October, 2019
Quote:
Ya they have it available for rent. I can get 1 15" for $30 or 2 15" for $60. I'm not sure how to hook up more than one subwoofer to my speakers though. I use an RCA from my dj controller to the speaker. Then a XLR cord to connect the speakers.
It’s pretty straight forward I run my controller XLR output to the sub then run the speakers to the sub. I don’t personally use RCA. XLR is better sound quality. Your controller should be powered to the sub then your tops also get connected to the sub.
DJ Tecniq 11:20 PM - 6 October, 2019
If you wanted to run two separate subs then you would run 1 one of them to left XLR output then the other sub it’s the same thing except for the right xlr output.
DJ Tecniq 11:26 PM - 6 October, 2019
Quote:
Also do you know how much they weigh? I'm a little worried I won't be able to lift it. I'm a girl lol
The 2x15 is quite heavy so I suggest getting someone to help you cause it was difficult for me. The good thing it has wheels so you can roll it anywhere however they also have a smaller version which is 2x12’s which is still a very powerful sub and it’s more portable. Check it out
www.amazon.com
hhill19 12:05 AM - 7 October, 2019
My controller only has an RCA output. I usually connect my controller to the speaker so instead of the speaker you connect it to the sub. They unfortunately don't have any dual subs available for rent. Just the 15inch and I think I saw a 12. How many people do you think the 15 inch would be good for with 10" tops ?
DJ Tecniq 1:26 PM - 7 October, 2019
Quote:
My controller only has an RCA output. I usually connect my controller to the speaker so instead of the speaker you connect it to the sub. They unfortunately don't have any dual subs available for rent. Just the 15inch and I think I saw a 12. How many people do you think the 15 inch would be good for with 10" tops ?
So do you use an extra mixer for the other outputs. You can run your right RCA master to the sub with a rca to XLR or 1/4 cable and then run your left master RCA to the speaker then daisy chain/link from your main speaker to the right one. The 15” is plenty trust me. You may clip a bit but it should hold up fine.
hhill19 5:14 AM - 8 October, 2019
Okay so just rent the one 15" Yorkville sub for my Halloween dance gig? No I don't have a mixer I just use the RCA from my controller to go to the RCA input in the speaker and then use an XLR cord from that speaker to my other speaker. Also what do you mean by clip? Also I just want to say thanks for answering all my questions. It's very helpful :)
DJ Tecniq 7:11 AM - 8 October, 2019
On second thought you can buy this dual rca to 1/4 cable you’d run the master rca output from the controller to your speakers then you could daisy chain/link from the speakers to the sub. You can just run left/right speaker to the inputs on the sub. Most speakers allow you to have another input to connect to your sub anyway. By clipping I mean once the sub/speakers reach their limit you will lose a bit of sound normally the sound level will decrease a bit so that the amp doesn’t blow. If the party is bumping and you master volume is cranked all the way up you’ll def notice where your max vol is. Pay attention to the levels on the controller but even sometimes the equipment may peak and your controller LED volume indicator will be nowhere near red/clipping yet. Once you hear the sound level get lower that’s what you want to avoid. Pay full attention to the sound coming out the speakers. Your 10’s are a lil under powered for that sub but just don’t crank the sub above 12 o clock and you should be ok...but def push and test the limits. If you feel you can add more bass then crank it. If the speakers start clipping easily then come down a bit on the volume.
DJ Tecniq 7:11 AM - 8 October, 2019
DJ Tecniq 7:22 AM - 8 October, 2019
For example what I normally do for small gigs is run my SR2 master XLR output to my QSC KW181 sub then run my K10 tops down to the Sub. You can even do the same thing with your RCA master as long as the sub has connections to link to your tops you’re fine easy peasy.
hhill19 6:22 AM - 9 October, 2019
Okay sounds good, thanks!
Afam 6:13 AM - 4 December, 2019
For instrumentals and music download I recommend www.eastnaija.com for fast and clean tunes
DJ Tecniq 8:58 AM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Late follow up...but how did the gig go?
Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali 1:33 AM - 13 October, 2021
Welcome to DesiSerials. We exhibit desi serial channels broadcast online.
Desi TV Serial that are loved by Hindi people around the world.

<a href="desiserial-tv.su Hai Rachne Wali</a>
Quote:
Quote:
Late follow up...but how did the gig go?
hasi khan 12:52 PM - 9 November, 2021
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Gopi finds her younger self in Gehna while visiting the selfish and greedy Desais.
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Watch Online But when their youngest son returns home, things take an unexpected turn..

saathnibhanasathiya2.com