Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Still possible to buy a SERATO DJ license?

DonRick 2:58 PM - 5 September, 2019
Hi, since i'm still using SERATO DJ and INTRO on two different controllers, a Pioneer SR and a SB2, I'm wondering if i can buy someway a license to use SERATO DJ even with my SB2.
If i buy SERATO DJ PRO license will it work sameway? I would prefer to not upgrade to PRO yet, and going on with SERATO DJ.
Serato
John Lockhart 12:22 AM - 9 September, 2019
Hi DonRick, You'd do better asking this in a Serato DJ forum rather than the Serato Studio one, and I'm a little confused by your question, but if you buy a DJ Pro licence you can use it on both controllers. But I don't understand why you say after asking this, that you don't want to upgrade to PRO? Do you mean you want to keep using Intro (or is it Lite?) on your SB2 while using Pro on your SR? That should be fine as well, though I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the consistent experience of PRO on both...
OTOH maybe you're just asking whether, if you want to use PRO on both, you'll have to buy a PRO licence? If so then the answer is yes. cheers, John
DonRick 9:18 AM - 10 September, 2019
John I wanna use Serato DJ with my SB2 too, I know SERATO DJ PRO is the new software, but I never got problems with DJ, and before to update to PRO I would like to wait and see...
Before the release of PRO it was possible to buy a license for DJ, and use it on INTRO native machines... can i still do it? it seems like u can buy only PRO license now... hope you got my point
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 2:20 AM - 12 September, 2019
Hi DonRick,

I think this piece of information will help you: The Serato DJ license is the same as a Serato DJ Pro license - we just renamed the product but the license is the same. So if you have a License, then you can use it with both Serato DJ and Serato DJ Pro without any issues.

Does that help?
Phil