Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rackmount Controller for Serato Pro

DMDS 2:33 PM - 18 August, 2019
Recently upgraded to Serato Pro. At my last event, my table got knocked over and damaged my controller (Mixtrack 2). Im looking to replace the controller with something smaller and rack mountable. I typically only use the cross fader/pitch faders/jog wheels and preview with my cue's so I'm looking for something dependable that is Serato pro compatible. Looking for something rack mountable for quicker set/up and much more compact... Any suggestions? I seen a Denon unit compatible with Serato ITCH but I don't want my very recent investment for pro to be a waste... What should I do?
deejdave 4:25 PM - 18 August, 2019
I don't know of any Itch hardware that ISN'T supported by Serato DJ Pro. Which Denon unit were you inquiring about?
musiclee 10:05 PM - 21 August, 2019
I’ve been using Rane MP25 as my mixer with Rane SL3
Reloop Neon for cues play etc.
used to use Denon HC4500 to control serato scratch live

I’m thinking of getting the new Roland 707m and selling all my current gear.
DJ Tecniq 1:13 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
At my last event, my table got knocked over and damaged my controller (Mixtrack 2).
How did the gig go after? How did your table even get knocked over? Give us the details
dj_soo 4:51 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
I don't know of any Itch hardware that ISN'T supported by Serato DJ Pro. Which Denon unit were you inquiring about?

Allen and Heath Xone:DX was the only itch controller that didnt go for sdj support. Considering the old denon rackmount also doesn’t appear in the list of sdj compatible controllers, I’m thinking that was never posted over either
deejdave 5:55 PM - 22 August, 2019
Wasn’t the old denon rack mount for ssl? Maybe there were two of them? Can’t remember off hand.
DJMIYAGI 6:35 PM - 22 August, 2019
The Denon MC6000MK2 has a rack mount kit

www.idjnow.com
DJMIYAGI 6:41 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Wasn’t the old denon rack mount for ssl? Maybe there were two of them? Can’t remember off hand.

DN-HC4500 for SSL and DN-HC5000 for Itch
deejdave 6:55 PM - 22 August, 2019
That’s right!!! Wow it’s like nostalgia at this point. Lol sorry I’m at work otherwise I would have looked up myself :)
DJMIYAGI 7:06 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
I’m at work otherwise I would have looked up myself :)

Me too but I work in radio lol. Lotta downtime in between breaks
musiclee 7:34 PM - 22 August, 2019
ye HC4500 was SSL, nice and compact :-)
i'd still be using it today if SDJ supported it

I actually own 2 of the 4500's, i should sell both to raise $$ for 707m :-)