Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark Scratch mixer not working

djarun 8:24 PM - 12 August, 2019
Just purchased a brand new Numark Scratch. Before purchasing I did my research to make sure my laptop was compatible & met the minimum system requirements. I have a 2012 MBP running 10.12.6 Sierra OS, 2.66ghz processor & 16gb of ram. I’m currently using the newest version of DJ Pro 2.2.1 & my laptop does not read the mixer whatsoever. I’ve even swapped out usb cables & tried a 2nd mixer in the store out of the box with no luck. Numark’s technical support is a joke, you call a number that asks you to leave a message for a call back but the mail box is full??? On paper the mixer is great for $499 but I’m starting to remember why Numark is not Pioneer or Rane.
Chino 9:02 PM - 12 August, 2019
Try deleting all MIDI info on your MBP under UTILITIES > AUDIO MIDI SETUP.
popnwave 9:31 PM - 12 August, 2019
Does ANY controller/mixer work when plugged into the laptop?
Serato, Support
Luke B 9:50 PM - 12 August, 2019
Hi djarun,

Can you please try uninstalling your current installation of Serato DJ Pro 2.2.1, then re-download it from here serato.com, then reinstall it?

The first build of Serato DJ Pro 2.2.1 that was released, contained a bug that prevented the Numark Scratch from connecting. We released a hotfix of Serato DJ Pro 2.2.1 shortly after that build, which resolves this issue.

Once you've reinstalled it, confirm you have the correct build, by clicking on the Setup cog in the top right-hand corner of Serato DJ Pro, then look in the bottom left-hand corner and check you have version 2.2.1 (22144).

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers