Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

SDJ PRO + SERATO STUDIO LINK?

ReactNYC 1:45 PM - 10 August, 2019
Using link with SDJ PRO & Serato Studio would be amazing. Not too sure if it's possible considering both software's use your serato library . But i'm Just saying. =)
Amir Ayyar 3:39 PM - 7 September, 2019
That'd be sick man! just like the integration between Traktor and Maschine but better! on the same controller! It'll be also cool if both softwares be combined together.
ReactNYC 3:49 PM - 7 September, 2019
Quote:
That'd be sick man! just like the integration between Traktor and Maschine but better! on the same controller! It'll be also cool if both softwares be combined together.

Facts! O.P., put that in the suggestion box!
Amir Ayyar 7:21 PM - 8 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Facts! O.P., put that in the suggestion box!

Will do ma man! Thanks.
Dj Mr Wonderful 11:34 PM - 15 September, 2019
Quote:
Using link with SDJ PRO & Serato Studio would be amazing. Not too sure if it's possible considering both software's use your serato library . But i'm Just saying. =)

Awesome suggestion to combine both software's. The thought of that never crossed my mind but would be an added bonus for a DJ/Producer. Maybe Serato could make it an upgrade option to the SDJ Pro software.
Dj Pepe 11:32 AM - 26 September, 2019
Using link with Serato DJ Pro & Serato Studio would be amazing on live performance!!!! Please consider it!!!!
DRDG 12:14 PM - 1 October, 2019
OH YES please !!!!!!…….SYNC between Serato DJ Pro & Serato Studio would be awesome in many ways. Right now I have an issue on Mac with using ableton link (SRDJ <> Link <> Ableton Live) resulting in audio artifacts when SYNC (and obviously Link) is on.

Maybe some kind of Sync/Link between SERATO's own products could lead to better results.
For me it would be reason enough to switch from Ableton tot Serato Studio for my hybrid DJ setup.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 1:47 AM - 2 October, 2019
We've been talking quite a bit about this internally and theres some cool stuff we could do.
A question for you all - what kind of exact stuff would you actually like to do?
E.g. Add beats to your set while DJing
Record Scratching
etc etc
DRDG 9:41 PM - 2 October, 2019
Main purpose would be extending the live experience with live looping, live jamming. My setup would be:
SRDJ >> Dj controller (numark NVii)
SR studio >> midi controller (Akai APC Key) >> mostly drum/beat grooves, bust also musical input (melodies, pads etc.) from the piano keys. BPM has to be in SYNC (using Link ?)
Routing audio from SR studio to one of the (in my case four) decks, so I could control EQ, Filter & FXs and audio level from on of the channels on my DJ controller. If not, audio level of SR studio must be controlled by external/other midi controller.
I don't use the SRDJ GUI because I have the two screens on my DJ controller so my focus on the computer would only be SR studio. But I guess you could switch between SRDJ and SR studio or even better, somehow integrate the SR studio GUI in SRDJ (only when you use this function / extension).
Also very important, the possibility to record audio from both applications in a total mix.

I could imagine a plus for Serato, offering some additional midi controller hardware especially for Serato Studio.
Anonimus 12:15 AM - 7 October, 2019
Quote:
We've been talking quite a bit about this internally and theres some cool stuff we could do.
A question for you all - what kind of exact stuff would you actually like to do?
Record Scratching
etc etc

definitely, recording scratching would be awesome!!! maybe even a way to record and edit automation of the crossfader would be great, and possibly the same for automation of the dvs (or jog Wheel) movement.

but also a way to record incoming audio and instantly turn it into a sample loop in a project would be sweet. that would open the door to a lot of live performers, like beat boxers, guitarists.

Serato would take over the live performance market... just saying.😅
DjTripKIXE 8:09 PM - 16 October, 2019
Yes being able to add scratches and acapellas using sdj would be great!
Dj Pepe 10:08 AM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Record Scratching
etc etc

I currently use Serato Dj Pro with Ableton using links, to add live loops, samples and play live with a midi keyboard. Live I use the Arturia minilab mkII with 8 pads mapped on the sample samples, 8 knobs that adjust the volume of the samplers, while the keyboard is mapped on a midi channel to play live with Ableton and with the other 8 knobs I adjust the audio levels of the ableton channels. I love Serato Studio and I think there would be lots of things to do together ... Linking the two software with a "sync" would be the least, plus recording the Serato Dj Pro midi events, recording audio from Serato Pro on Serato Studio ... we can make an interesting list of possibilities, thanks!
DJStylistik 3:22 AM - 24 December, 2019
This just popped in my mind and here you are discussing it. This would be soo dope! We need to make this happen!!
kleerkoat 4:06 PM - 29 December, 2019
so as it is now we can’t record scratches from serato into studio?
Herzl 2:01 PM - 7 January, 2020
The possibility to create and to edit a Mixtape combinates SDJ and studio would be so dope. Like the Bridge.