Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-1000SRT , Serato DJ Pro Suite and the old DDJ-1000

TTormo 10:01 PM - 21 July, 2019
So, on August 11, with the release of the DDJ-1000SRT that comes bundled with a Serato Suite license, will that mean that owners of the old DDJ-1000 will be able to use it with Serato if they buy or own a Serato license? I’m very interested.
DJ Tecniq 10:23 PM - 21 July, 2019
Where are you getting this information from?
TTormo 10:26 PM - 21 July, 2019
A good journalist never reveals his sources.
Magixkutz DJ 10:36 PM - 21 July, 2019
makes sense, Dj Expo 2019 is upcomig 12-16 August this year. I bet they increase the price for include serato license likes an offer.
Djkom 10:57 PM - 21 July, 2019
Quote:

As the liars do also, don't they 😉
TTormo 11:00 PM - 21 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Liars are their own source. Anyway time will tell who is who.
Djkom 11:41 PM - 21 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See u here on August 11th tho'

Even if a DDJ1000SRT is highly desired here (including me), Pioneer couldn't open their new exclusif Rekordbox controllers, this doesn't make sense in a business point of view !
deejdave 12:14 AM - 22 July, 2019
The original DDJ-1000 will never be able to be used with Serato. The suite promotion bundled with the DDJ-1000SRT just means they are gifting the additional expansions along with the usual built in Serato DJ ready license.
Rebelguy 3:02 AM - 22 July, 2019
Magixkutz DJ 3:13 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
serato.com

It's nor possible open the link.
DJ Tecniq 4:33 AM - 22 July, 2019
I can’t confirm if this is real or not. Not my photos
imgur.com
Magixkutz DJ 5:05 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Even if a DDJ1000SRT is highly desired here (including me), Pioneer couldn't open their new exclusif Rekordbox controllers, this doesn't make sense in a business point of view !

Pioneer's business point of view don't like ur comment hahahhahahah
Djkom 5:15 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer's business point of view don't like ur comment hahahhahahah

😅

Ok...let's see the price now...
That's also means Pioneer don't believe anymore in Rekordbox...very strange 🤔
Rebelguy 5:24 AM - 22 July, 2019
The DDJ-1000 has been out for about 18 months. I think that is a long enough exclusive. They made their money and now they are going to make more.
DJ Tecniq 6:07 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
The DDJ-1000 has been out for about 18 months. I think that is a long enough exclusive. They made their money and now they are going to make more.
Good point. Pioneer knows Serato is the leading software so it wouldn’t surprise me i believe that partnership has never broken and I do believe we’ll see a DDJ1000 that supports Serato...come August I guess we’ll find out. This must mean the DDJ800 will also have future support of Serato. The leaked photos are skeptical but why are they calling it an “SRT” model?
Dj Youkai 6:07 AM - 22 July, 2019
Man It Looks Photoshopped.. But I Hope This is Real.
Magixkutz DJ 6:41 AM - 22 July, 2019
imgur.com

It looks like a chinese store from facebook leaked info too, I wish DDJ-1000SRT it means that pioneer's dictatorship with rekordbox it's impossible at least in short time.
DJ Tecniq 6:41 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Man It Looks Photoshopped.. But I Hope This is Real.
Same I’d sell both my SR2 & Mixars Primo however I’m not crazy about 4 ch units I’d rather like the 800 for Serato. Not sure I want something as bulky as the 1000...decisions😕
DJ Tecniq 7:24 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
My source says bullshit
Magixkutz DJ 8:24 AM - 22 July, 2019
I have no sources, but I was looking the picture and I don't find any sign about a fake. In other hand I saw many details, judge by yourself:
1.Serato logo right upper
2.Faders, crossfader and pitch are silver
3.Load bottom up at each deck looks silver too
4.The screens looks perfectly like a Serato software
5.The bag behind the bag is from Lab Pharmacy, a famous stores specifically in Thailand, manufacturing country of Pioneer and where it's easiest leak something like this.

imgur.com
Dj Youkai 11:54 AM - 22 July, 2019
More pics
m.imgur.com
Djkom 12:15 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
I have no sources, but I was looking the picture and I don't find any sign about a fake. In other hand I saw many details, judge by yourself:
1.Serato logo right upper
2.Faders, crossfader and pitch are silver
3.Load bottom up at each deck looks silver too
4.The screens looks perfectly like a Serato software
5.The bag behind the bag is from Lab Pharmacy, a famous stores specifically in Thailand, manufacturing country of Pioneer and where it's easiest leak something like this.

imgur.com

What a deep investigation !! 😅

Beside that, there are 3 strange things:
- The logo in the front left side (below the left pads section) looks erased.
- The only Serato logo is on the "Serato DJ suite" section...
- The jogwheel screens look photoshopped and so basic that they seem useless.

Everything else looks credible.
Clubber1970 1:34 PM - 22 July, 2019
For me it looks real.
popnwave 3:00 PM - 22 July, 2019
Guys this is no different than consoles that have exclusives, eventually stuff opens up because of $$$$$$.

I, for one, look forward to seeing this hit the street. I need a new controller.
Djkom 9:25 PM - 22 July, 2019
If only the padFX/releaseFX could also be implemented in SDJ...
It's the only feature I will miss in the DDJ 1000SRT compared to the original DDJ 1000
deejdave 10:02 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Pioneer couldn't open their new exclusif Rekordbox controllers, this doesn't make sense in a business point of view !

Quote:
That's also means Pioneer don't believe anymore in Rekordbox...very strange

We do all know that Pioneer never stopped developing controllers for Serato correct? SX3, SZ2, SB3.............. yeah.........
nevins303 3:35 PM - 23 July, 2019
Serato user thru & thru Djm S9 an Rane set up but recently picked up a nearly new good value ddj 1000 for smaller gigs and compared to the ddj sx2 blows it out the water,

still not sure on rekordbox but like the usb cdj compatibility, if this is true will be selling up my original ddj 1000 , DDJ SP1 and DDJ SX2

kinda hoping its a fake but would secretly love one
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:51 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
still not sure on rekordbox but like the usb cdj compatibility, if this is true will be selling up my original ddj 1000

This is why I think it makes no sense to release an SRT instead of just enabling the current model.

Just sell a Serato Plug in separately and be done with it.

I have a friend trying to shift the RZX and no luck whatsoever.
DJ Tecniq 4:05 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
recently picked up a nearly new good value ddj 1000 for smaller gigs and compared to the ddj sx2 blows it out the water
Can you confirm if the sound quality is better on the ddj 1000 than your SX2? My friend sold his SX2 for the Denon MCX8000 he was mind blown by the sound quality difference. I told him when you compare other brand name controllers with Pioneer decks there is a noticeable difference.
Whozya 6:25 PM - 23 July, 2019
The sound on the DDJ-1000 is as good as the S9. We did a comparison of the systems and it was on par with the S9. It blew the SX2 out of the water on sound quality.
DJ Tecniq 6:30 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
The sound on the DDJ-1000 is as good as the S9. We did a comparison of the systems and it was on par with the S9. It blew the SX2 out of the water on sound quality.
That’s what I like to hear👌🏼 Good enough for me!
Rebelguy 6:35 PM - 23 July, 2019
Everyone I’ve talked to with the DDJ-1000 said it sounds WAY better than any of their previous controllers. That includes the SZ and SZ2. I guess the question now is whether they will use the same parts in this new model.
nevins303 6:58 PM - 23 July, 2019
It’s great with the Serato suite bundle but I have all the plugins and standalone Serato already got a feeling it’s gonna be pricey in that case
dj Krazey leo 7:17 PM - 23 July, 2019
let me add my two cents hope it helps I was lucky to have the opportunity to own the sr2, sz2 the djm s9 and now a Rane 72 and the ddi 1000 and I can say this the ddi 1000 is a great sounding controller it sounds as good as the s9 and is not too far off from my 72 it has a very warm crisp punchy sound and the microphone inputs sounds great as well. In my opinion the sx2 sx3 or sr2 or great controllers but they're just not on par with the 1000 it feels look and sound very pro and even though I have fun playing gigs with it I,d rather use it with Serato so I,m hoping the original 1000 will have access the Sdj Pro by some form of upgrade I don't want to loose any cash by having to re sell and purchase again.
DJMIYAGI 8:11 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
It’s great with the Serato suite bundle but I have all the plugins and standalone Serato already got a feeling it’s gonna be pricey in that case

Yeah probably around $1,300 - $1,500 if I had to guess.
deejdave 10:18 PM - 23 July, 2019
Let us NOT forget just about ALL the pro Serato/Pioneer DJ controllers initially came with additional free license vouchers (Video/DVS/plugins etc.) and this did NOT increase the price of the controller............... why would this be any different?

Short term memory huh guys?
Djkom 10:42 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
Let us NOT forget just about ALL the pro Serato/Pioneer DJ controllers initially came with additional free license vouchers (Video/DVS/plugins etc.) and this did NOT increase the price of the controller............... why would this be any different?

Hummm...can you remind me the price of these controllers ??
The DDJ SZ was initially around 2000$ with the dvs pack only !!! Is it not overpriced for you for a simple serato controller ??? The RZ was around the same price just because Rekordbox needed sime direct revenues.
Now the context is completely different, there is the prime 4 for 1600€ and the initial DDJ 1000 for 1200$..if Pioneer still wants to push Rekordbox, they have to be competitive in the pricing so the 1000SRT has the be more expensive.
They did the same with the DJM S3 and the SX3.
This can also explain why the full SDJ packs are included with the 1000SRT because Serato cannot just offer the same controller with less features for a higher price.
Djkom 10:46 PM - 23 July, 2019
In fact, the DDJ 1000SRT will probably be less powerful than the original DDJ 1000.
The 1000SRT will lost some screen info (waveforms, cue points positions, beats...) and some FX features (padFX, releaseFX...)
DJ Tecniq 12:08 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
In fact, the DDJ 1000SRT will probably be less powerful than the original DDJ 1000.
The 1000SRT will lost some screen info (waveforms, cue points positions, beats...) and some FX features (padFX, releaseFX...)
I doubt it it will prob be the same just Serato integration. Like the SR2 & RR are basically the same.
deejdave 12:27 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Hummm...can you remind me the price of these controllers ??
The DDJ SZ was initially around 2000$ with the dvs pack only !!! Is it not overpriced for you for a simple serato controller ??? The RZ was around the same price just because Rekordbox needed sime direct revenues.
Now the context is completely different, there is the prime 4 for 1600€ and the initial DDJ 1000 for 1200$..if Pioneer still wants to push Rekordbox, they have to be competitive in the pricing so the 1000SRT has the be more expensive.
They did the same with the DJM S3 and the SX3.
This can also explain why the full SDJ packs are included with the 1000SRT because Serato cannot just offer the same controller with less features for a higher price.

If you one of the first to purchase the DDJ-SX, DJM-900SRT, DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SP1 (list goes on) as I was you got literally vouchers for various expansions. I ended up with three licenses for Serato video!!!
deejdave 12:30 AM - 24 July, 2019
I would not be surprised if that "Serato Video Suite" thing was a sticker.............. just as it was with the SX etc. That way after the first 10,000 units (if I remember correctly) they could stop giving them out.
DJ Tecniq 12:53 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
I would not be surprised if that "Serato Video Suite" thing was a sticker.............. just as it was with the SX etc. That way after the first 10,000 units (if I remember correctly) they could stop giving them out.
Great point cause it does look like a sticker is slapped on it.
deejdave 12:57 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:

??????? LOL. This makes absolutely no sense btw. Serato had all these things (before Rekordbox was even a whisper or a thought btw) so WHY would this even remotely cross your mind? BTW you are aware it is actually the computer and software doing all the work not the controller correct so how would one be more powerful than the other? Unless you are implying the original DDJ-1000 uses more volts or amps? lol

Quote:
if Pioneer still wants to push Rekordbox, they have to be competitive in the pricing so the 1000SRT has the be more expensive.
They did the same with the DJM S3 and the SX3

The DDJ-SX3 was originally the same price as the DDJ-RX LMAO. The DDJ-SX went up but It was the tariffs that did it djtechtools.com the DDJ-RX has since been discontinued being the ddj-1000 and its price point mad the RX an impossible sell.
Quote:

I'll just let you read this one again as I am sure that is all that will be needed to see its fault/s.

Plainly put I am willing to bet the DDJ-1000SRT (assuming it is real) will outsell the original DDJ-1000 within its first month or two assuming the stores can keep them in stock. This was long overdue and as someone mentioned I am sure there was a period of exclusivity that has apparently ended. I see no other reason Serato has not cashed in on this obvious gem.
Djkom 6:37 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I doubt it it will prob be the same just Serato integration. Like the SR2 & RR are basically the same.

In terms of hardware, there are the same but combined with the software the 1000SRT and 1000 cannot be the same.
SDJ cannot display the same info in the jogwheels screen as RKDJ. Basically SDJ will just show the bpm, time and the position while RKDJ displays the waveforms, hot cues positions...etc
Same things with the FX, RKDJ has powerful internal FX and features like padFX and releaseFX that SDJ doesn't have (wondering if the modius FX will be on the 1000SRT).
Moreover The 1000SRT doesn't have the SDJ 3 FX bank...
The 1000SRT is not as well designed for SDJ than the 1000 is for RKDJ.
Djkom 7:11 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

??????? LOL. This makes absolutely no sense btw. Serato had all these things (before Rekordbox was even a whisper or a thought btw) so WHY would this even remotely cross your mind? BTW you are aware it is actually the computer and software doing all the work not the controller correct so how would one be more powerful than the other? Unless you are implying the original DDJ-1000 uses more volts or amps? lol

Quote:
if Pioneer still wants to push Rekordbox, they have to be competitive in the pricing so the 1000SRT has the be more expensive.
They did the same with the DJM S3 and the SX3

The DDJ-SX3 was originally the same price as the DDJ-RX LMAO. The DDJ-SX went up but It was the tariffs that did it djtechtools.com the DDJ-RX has since been discontinued being the ddj-1000 and its price point mad the RX an impossible sell.
Quote:

I'll just let you read this one again as I am sure that is all that will be needed to see its fault/s.

Plainly put I am willing to bet the DDJ-1000SRT (assuming it is real) will outsell the original DDJ-1000 within its first month or two assuming the stores can keep them in stock. This was long overdue and as someone mentioned I am sure there was a period of exclusivity that has apparently ended. I see no other reason Serato has not cashed in on this obvious gem.

Here in France, the djm 250mk2 was 349€ and the djm S3 was 549€.
The DDJ SX3 is 1099€ and the RX 999€...

I'm quite sure the 1000SRT would be more expensive than the 1000.
DJ Tecniq 7:11 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In terms of hardware, there are the same but combined with the software the 1000SRT and 1000 cannot be the same.
SDJ cannot display the same info in the jogwheels screen as RKDJ. Basically SDJ will just show the bpm, time and the position while RKDJ displays the waveforms, hot cues positions...etc
Same things with the FX, RKDJ has powerful internal FX and features like padFX and releaseFX that SDJ doesn't have (wondering if the modius FX will be on the 1000SRT).
You must be forgetting about the SRT Pioneer 4 ch mixers. The 1000srt will be the same thing except as a controller instead of mixer/cdjs. If that is the case I don’t see users buying a 1000srt with no waveform view it is not an SX/SZ model it’s completely in its own class.
Djkom 7:17 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You must be forgetting about the SRT Pioneer 4 ch mixers. The 1000srt will be the same thing except as a controller instead of mixer/cdjs. If that is the case I don’t see users buying a 1000srt with no waveform view it is not an SX/SZ model it’s completely in its own class.

Have you seen waveforms on the box ??
DJ Tecniq 7:28 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Have you seen waveforms on the box ??
Well it’s not exactly a clear picture but to be fair Pioneer has never put out a Serato controller that hasn’t been similar to their Rekordbox edition. They are both DVS software so I don’t see the SRT version being any different than the original ddj1000 for Rekordbox. So I guess we are assuming the Rekordbox edition has more features then the SRT replica? I highly doubt that. Why would someone want to buy it if it didn’t have the same features as the Rekordbox controller? That just makes no sense. So if it doesn’t have a waveform view it shouldn’t be called a ddj1000srt lol
Djkom 8:17 AM - 24 July, 2019
I repeat the hardware will be same, but the power of a controller comes from its integration with the software.
DDJ1000 is clearly designed for RKDJ.

Unless Serato provides a brand new version 2.3 with new features, SDJ can't offer the same integration because ther are some technical (external display) and functional limitations (FX management).

For example, how can you trigger multiple FX at a time with the 1000SRT ???
DJ Tecniq 8:41 AM - 24 July, 2019
I looked more closely at the photo and to me it looks like virtual deck view on the screen and waveform view on the outer ring circular. I could be wrong but you are correct it prob won’t have the exact LED/GUI pattern as Rekordbox but similar to Serato’s display.
DJ Tecniq 8:43 AM - 24 July, 2019
Regardless I’m excited and still want one. Hopefully before August we’ll see more details I’m sure Pioneer will even have the introduction video around August when this will be featured at DJ Expo.
DJ Tecniq 8:56 AM - 24 July, 2019
Here’s a great video explaining the 1000 screen in Rekordbox. To be honest you can’t really see the full waveform it’s just bunched up so no biggie if this is not on the 1000srt. Will prob just be the virtual decks on the display screens and you cannot zoom in on the waveform either.
youtu.be
Clubber1970 9:15 AM - 24 July, 2019
On the original 1000 Jogs there are the normal preview waveforms of Rekordboxs library view. They are quite good to see where are the intros, outros, breaks and cue points are located in the songs. I like that and use that very much in Rekordbox.
djstefy74 10:39 AM - 24 July, 2019
I've been with the DDJ1000 for an year and then in april 2019 i've change it foa a Primo(strange me??)..DDJ1000 it's a great machine and RB works very well(i'm with Serato from Itch) my decision is because...not for the software,i read lot s of bad comments about RB but for me it work well on the same macbook where is SDJ,no hiccup on a 6hours party so if you want to change don't be so scared!I love the Primo because..it's smaller,the DDJ1000 into a Magma flightcase it's(for me)the limit in weight and dimensions to be comfortable to carry around..Sound:yes the DDJ1000 sounds very good,but the Primo also sound good,in my case with not big stages\Pa systems,i usually go with a pair of Proel active speakers and a 8" DBTechnologies monitor,the 2 controllers sound similar(very similar)..Pio's integrated fx sound little bit "smoother" and well balanced in comparison with SDJ fx..DVS:tested the RB dvs and in this case for me Serato experience count,better to use with SDJ than RB..DVS\WIFE\HOUSE..yes you (or ME)must think about these,the Primo is smaller and more comfortable to use with the 1210s so less space needed in music\video room=wife happier!
djstefy74 10:44 AM - 24 July, 2019
@DjTecniq..yes the waveforms on the jogs display are "crushed",in the Pio's forum there are requests to have the chance to display the cover art like in the DDJ800..
Djkom 10:48 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Regardless I’m excited and still want one. Hopefully before August we’ll see more details I’m sure Pioneer will even have the introduction video around August when this will be featured at DJ Expo.

Me too, i had the DDJ1000, and it's a beast ! But RKDJ is not on point for my usage...I've always wanted to have a Serato version until I realize I will miss some key features...it's not a big deal and maybe SDJ will add those missing features.

Quote:
Here’s a great video explaining the 1000 screen in Rekordbox. To be honest you can’t really see the full waveform it’s just bunched up so no biggie if this is not on the 1000srt. Will prob just be the virtual decks on the display screens and you cannot zoom in on the waveform either.
youtu.be

I can tell you those screens are very helpful when focusing on performing on the hardware itself (not looking at the laptop). They provide all needed information when quickly navigate through the track, beatjuggling/scratching, identifying intros/outros/chrorus...etc
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:10 PM - 24 July, 2019
It will be nice to have PAD FX in Serato
deejdave 1:53 AM - 25 July, 2019
Quote:
For example, how can you trigger multiple FX at a time with the 1000SRT ???

I could do this with a toaster if it had a USB port, three buttons and supported MIDI..........
deejdave 1:59 AM - 25 July, 2019
Just do us all a favor and bring it down a notch with the "will" and "won't". This is all speculation and you are attempting to pass it off as fact. The real facts are this is NOT the first time a device was made for one SW and a identical/similar device was brought up for another. In all cases there ARE some things different but where one falters the other picks up and this has NOTHING to do with the controller (or its "power" lol btw) but that of it's respective software.
DJ Tecniq 4:55 AM - 31 July, 2019
This is the reply when i asked my retailer if they would have it in stock soon...time to sell some shit lol.

“Steven,

Great to here from you!
I believe Pioneer will announce it within next 2 weeks.
Until then we cannot release any additional information.

Kindest Regards,”
Dj Youkai 7:05 AM - 31 July, 2019
Quote:
This is the reply when i asked my retailer if they would have it in stock soon...time to sell some shit lol.

“Steven,

Great to here from you!
I believe Pioneer will announce it within next 2 weeks.
Until then we cannot release any additional information.

Kindest Regards,”

Nice!!! Thanks For The Info!!! :)
deejdave 11:29 PM - 31 July, 2019
No need to sell anything. There is zero chance this will be over $1500 and will most likely be less so we should all be safe.
Raef 4:56 AM - 1 August, 2019
Hey guys,

I've done a full decipher of the leaked images here: serato.com

Please head over to that discussion and let me know there if you know what that unknown button is above the "Shift" button.

Thanks
SG SOUNDS 10:16 AM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
No need to sell anything. There is zero chance this will be over $1500 and will most likely be less so we should all be safe.

I was seeing around $1200 on the net, but who knows? I will get excited IF THEY BEEF UP THE SOUNDCARD...Is that asking too much Pioneer???
DJ Wreck 2:01 PM - 1 August, 2019
From B&H Photo...

www.bhphotovideo.com
popnwave 2:28 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
From B&H Photo...

www.bhphotovideo.com

"You were redirected to the category page, because original content is temporarily unavailable."

Looks like it got yanked.
Djkom 2:50 PM - 1 August, 2019
Djkom 3:04 PM - 1 August, 2019
My intu
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry you were right...
nevins303 3:05 PM - 1 August, 2019
Yep seeen photos and looking legit now , doesn’t look like they’ve sneaked in any cheeky extras for Serato users :( I just hope it’s the same form factor so don’t have to buy new decksaver case ect
Djkom 3:07 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:

I was right on that one...so the 1000SRT is less featured than the original one...😒
Raef 3:27 PM - 1 August, 2019
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:37 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I was right on that one...so the 1000SRT is less featured than the original one...😒

Think its due to Serato DJ Pro's limitation (Can't believe i just wrote that)

I wan't PAD FX badly.

Does the design mean folks will not have the ability to stack Serato internal FX?
Djkom 3:57 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wan't PAD FX badly.

Does the design mean folks will not have the ability to stack Serato internal FX?

THIS !!!
Without a customized midi mapping, it will not be possible to use Serato internal FX....weird thing since this 1000SRT is supposed to be bundled with the whole Serato DJ licenses...

I hope Serato users will realize SDJ needs some serious offering...how can they release the same controller with such inconsistancies 😳

Let's see if Serato hasn't been lazy on this 1000SRT integration...maybe there is a new secondary pad mode 🤔
Clubber1970 4:11 PM - 1 August, 2019
Hmm, no Serato FX? Very strange 🥴

Well, maybe the prize of the original RB DDJ1000 will drop now, when everyone switch to the SRT version?

Than it‘s time to get the RB version for a good prize.
I can absolutly live with Rekordbox!
popnwave 4:13 PM - 1 August, 2019
We know it's coming.. and in the next day or so the REAL details will come out, might as well save all the complaining until the actual press release.
DJ Tecniq 6:19 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
We know it's coming.. and in the next day or so the REAL details will come out, might as well save all the complaining until the actual press release.
Well said. And I’m sure some features will be added/fixed w/firmware that seems to be the thing nowdays.
Djkom 8:31 PM - 1 August, 2019
If you look carefully at my new pictures, the secondary pad modes are cue loop, saved loop, slicer loop and pitch play ... nothing new ... same boring thing

Now I'm serious wondering how Serato will advertise Serato FX pack included with this 1000SRT
Ragman 10:34 PM - 1 August, 2019
I can't see it coming out costing less than the SZ retails.
deejdave 10:37 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wan't PAD FX badly.

CORRECT it has nothing to do with the controller. In other words DJkom was wrong on every account ................ but we already knew this ;)
Ragman 10:39 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:

Sorry I meant the SX.
deejdave 10:41 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry I meant the SX.

LOL I knew what you meant but this is very obvious as the original DDJ-1000 itself costs more.
DYNASTY_1112 10:58 PM - 1 August, 2019
The DDJ1000SRT is set to release around August 11th-16th. Give or take a few days Im sure we will have full details around the same time of the DJ Expo. I'm thinking the cost of the controller will be around $1,299 to $1,499.
Djkom 6:42 AM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wan't PAD FX badly.

CORRECT it has nothing to do with the controller. In other words DJkom was wrong on every account ................ but we already knew this ;)

Are you serious ???
I'm french but I think my words were clear enough:
I said the hardware will be the same, but the whole value of a controller is based on the hardware AND the software !!! For sure the limitations come from SDJ but SDJ could have been updated to fit what the DDJ1000 can do.
It's not the case so I repeat the DDJ1000SRT offers less features than the DDDJ1000 !!! Not different features, but really less features !
What points are not clear for you ?
Telony Ex 12:45 PM - 2 August, 2019
No hardware crassfader adjust. Interedting how its gonna operate as stanalone mixer. Especially since there are built in onboard fx.
Also to controll serato fx might be s secondary pad mode as it is on the reloop neon. The pressure on pads 1-3 adjust the fx. On deck 1. Pad 4&8 adjust the beat. 5-7 adjust deck 2 fx. Nice controller. Cant wait for more details
Djkom 2:42 PM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
No hardware crassfader adjust. Interedting how its gonna operate as stanalone mixer. Especially since there are built in onboard fx.
Also to controll serato fx might be s secondary pad mode as it is on the reloop neon. The pressure on pads 1-3 adjust the fx. On deck 1. Pad 4&8 adjust the beat. 5-7 adjust deck 2 fx. Nice controller. Cant wait for more details

Crossfader adjustement is made by software.
The original DDJ 1000 doesn't have velocity pads so I guess the 1000SRT won't also...
Without any further (good suprise?) specifications there will be only hardware FX (which are very valuable because there are way better than the internal SDJ FX) so only one FX at a time...

And the screens ....😒....not even covert art display...

Anyway, I stop bashing now !
I'm waiting the official announcement....before bashing again 😅
DJ Tecniq 3:24 PM - 2 August, 2019
So will it work stand-alone w/o software or no?
Djkom 3:40 PM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
So will it work stand-alone w/o software or no?

Standalone without the Software !
RPDuck21 4:50 PM - 2 August, 2019
Not to squash anyone’s hopes but unless they changed the sound card to 8 in/out like the 900, I don’t think you can run external fx per channel with Serato connected.

I had a DDJ 1000 with RB and returned it once I found out it mixed internally and the only time the hardware fx could be used was when external sources were attached. The sound card in the original is stereo in/out, so it has to mix internally and use internal fx.

If they upgraded the sound card, that would make it work but it will be a lot more expensive. If not, the traditional Pioneer FX toggle could use Serato internal fx when using Serato and hardware fx when using an external source.

This would be a huge bummer, but something I think is most likely to be the case.
RPDuck21 4:55 PM - 2 August, 2019
My mistake; Pulse from Pioneer says it’s 12/6 but for master, headphone, and booth out. The same issue applies though.
gothrobot 10:50 AM - 3 August, 2019
A number of supposedly "leaked" photos have made it to the internet. Most of them look dodgy. But there was also a mention to a retailer's webpage on Reddit I thought was interesting because it was taken down shortly after it was published...

The Google cached version of that page is still up and available here:

webcache.googleusercontent.com

So it sounds like this baby is about to be born...
playerz 3:33 PM - 3 August, 2019
How big it is?
DJ Tecniq 4:40 PM - 3 August, 2019
AUS website link but still working.
www.google.com.au
deejdave 2:54 PM - 4 August, 2019
Quote:
How big it is?

Safe to assume same size as original???
playerz 3:03 PM - 4 August, 2019
Not big like d sz
deejdave 3:20 PM - 4 August, 2019
Quote:
Not big like d sz

I am beyond curious what would make you think that?
DJ Tecniq 4:28 PM - 4 August, 2019
Quote:
Not big like d sz
I for one am glad it’s not as big as the SZ that thing is huge and not very mobile friendly.
playerz 4:47 PM - 4 August, 2019
Lol
playerz 4:50 PM - 4 August, 2019
USB stick would of been nice will make it d bomb just saying👌
deejdave 5:11 PM - 4 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Not big like d sz
I for one am glad it’s not as big as the SZ that thing is huge and not very mobile friendly.

THIS is literally the reason it is the size it is. SZ, NS7III (if this is even a thing anymore) sized controllers are just too big for mobile and if going that size a proper CDJ setup would be the obvious route.
Quote:
USB stick would of been nice will make it d bomb just saying👌

Again DDJ-1000.............. SRT as in DDJ-1000 just for Serato instead. Expect what the 1000 had with a +/- here and there that is all. Besides they are looking to sell these units so adding a USB stick (or standalone function which is what I am assuming you are implying?) would not be the way to go when considering the big picture and the masses.
D. J. Shawn Quick 10:45 AM - 5 August, 2019
I’m still waiting for a 2 channel version for Serato like the Pioneer ddj800 but with buttons & knobs to activate Serato Effects but with same platter sensitivity as the 1000. I’ve been waiting for this 2 channel controller ever since the Vestax vci380!
DJ Tecniq 3:04 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:
I’m still waiting for a 2 channel version for Serato like the Pioneer ddj800 but with buttons & knobs to activate Serato Effects but with same platter sensitivity as the 1000. I’ve been waiting for this 2 channel controller ever since the Vestax vci380!
Same. I couldn’t imagine Pioneer not having a Serato version of the DDJ800 I’m sure we’ll prob see one soon. There is very little options for 2 ch Serato controllers. And you’d have so much free space to work with for DVS users. I’ve seen djs with the SX/SZ paired with their t-tables and think how the hell can they mix with the decks so far apart esp the SZ model it’s not convenient imo.
Djkom 9:06 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:

When you realize a 7 years old controller is still better than most of SDJ controllers...😒
The VCI 380 was and is still my favourite compact controller !!
- Best size for travelling
- Pressure sensitive jogwheels
- Needle/song position led
- Needle search
- Line/Phono and Mics input
- RGB pads
- Velocity pads
- Pad FX
- Sound quality

....RIP Vestax
Mr. Goodkat 9:38 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

When you realize a 7 years old controller is still better than most of SDJ controllers...😒
- Needle search
- RGB pads
- Velocity pads
- Pad FX
- Sound quality

....RIP Vestax

the GOAT
nevins303 6:31 AM - 8 August, 2019
Ok looks like more official selling news and the first 5000 units will be bundled with a Serato suite licence (limited offer)
However there doesn’t appear to be any way to trigger Serato DJ Fx from what I can see

www.thediscdjstore.com
DJSCIASCIA 7:06 AM - 8 August, 2019
youtu.be

It’s official
bumbo08 7:10 AM - 8 August, 2019
Damn it's official. Any word on price?
Djkom 7:44 AM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wan't PAD FX badly.

Are you serious ???
I'm french but I think my words were clear enough:
I said the hardware will be the same, but the whole value of a controller is based on the hardware AND the software !!! For sure the limitations come from SDJ but SDJ could have been updated to fit what the DDJ1000 can do.
It's not the case so I repeat the DDJ1000SRT offers less features than the DDDJ1000 !!! Not different features, but really less features !
What points are not clear for you ?

So deejdave where u at ???
-> No internal FX
-> Basic screen info
-> More pricy !!!
JDforKing 1:40 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

- Needle search
- RGB pads
- Velocity pads
- Pad FX
- Sound quality

....RIP Vestax

I still use mine for all of my mobile gigs. I also have the original pioneer DDJ SX and the SX3.
nevins303 1:53 PM - 8 August, 2019
Already have all the plugins in Serato suite , think I’m gonna holdout for the b stock , 2nd Hand market ect
Not enough extra to warrant pulling the trigger yet after all, use turntables and Serato mixer as my go to
The controller would only be a backup setup for smaller gig
Djkom 2:47 PM - 8 August, 2019
The 1000SRT is 1500€ in France 😱😱😱

Moreover there are other downsides.
-> No fast forward like in RKDJ
-> Weak gray paint on fader caps like in the DJM S9 (mines went off in less than 3 months!)

Serato integration is so poor on this one, people who still want this, will pay just for Pioneer Brand, pressure sensitive jogwheels, hardware FX and Serato tax 😒
popnwave 2:52 PM - 8 August, 2019
Disagree, most of the differences are due to the software they are controlling. It's just how the world is, no point in complaining about that.

As for the S9 faults, mine are still going with OG caps years later. Sounds like you got a bad batch and other anecdotal issues.

Now if this thing hits the market and has problems like the SX3 did, I'll be hesitant to buy one.
DJ Tecniq 3:17 PM - 8 August, 2019
I’m tired of ppl bitching about it not having software fx...the software fx blow compared to Pioneer’s industry standard hardware fx that shit on anything izoptope has ever done. ✋🏼
DJ Tecniq 3:19 PM - 8 August, 2019
We’re on SDJ Pro 2.2 and the echo out fx still sound like trash...I’m glad we don’t have to rely on software fx🙏🏼
Robbie O 3:28 PM - 8 August, 2019
lol I honestly can remember when I last used serato fx. Maybe there are not bad after tweaking them, but pioneer effect work awesome out the gate (DJM S9). Only downside I see from serato stand point is no waveform on the controller, which is a nice to have IMO.

Bottom line: if you haven't bought the original DDJ 1000 then this is a good buy. If you have the original, I personally dont see enough to switch back unless you get a good price to sell it for. No need to nitpick just cause you bought the original
SG SOUNDS 3:37 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
I’m tired of ppl bitching about it not having software fx...the software fx blow compared to Pioneer’s industry standard hardware fx that shit on anything izoptope has ever done. ✋🏼

I would agree that pioneer fx's blows serato's fx by far, but why half step? that's my biggest problem with pioneer with thier controllers from since the original sx. why not have the serato fx on the srt??? Its a searto dj controller right?

Every time they make a new controller its either watered down or 1 to 2 features added from the last model.. I dont understand the half stepping, the new SRT controller should have all the features of the SZ2 and the original dj1000 with a bumped up sound card, only then they would be able to get my money

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I am not hating, but Pioneer is ridiculous, but I guess to them it's all about money
Djkom 3:40 PM - 8 August, 2019
It is completely legit to complain here!

The value of something is always made by comparison.
The ddj1000srt costs way more in France and offers less than ddj1000.

I don't care about Software FX, but the 1000SRT cannot directly use them so WHY the price includes the Serato Suite especially Serato FX ???

The paint issues are not bad batch related. It's a common Pioneer issue which appeats more with heavy scratchers.

Like said Serato could have made improvements on SDJ to offer at least the same user experience as for the ddj1000 but They didn't and they charge you more !

Can't see any breakthru controllers now on SDJ...same boring stuff...

Reminder: when the Prime4 will get SDJ support it will be a better value ...
Sony311 3:48 PM - 8 August, 2019
$1299 USD (may vary depending on vendor)

Quote:
Damn it's official. Any word on price?
Robbie O 3:59 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
It is completely legit to complain here!

Like said Serato could have made improvements on SDJ to offer at least the same user experience as for the ddj1000 but They didn't and they charge you more !

Can't see any breakthru controllers now on SDJ...same boring stuff...

Reminder: when the Prime4 will get SDJ support it will be a better value ...

Couple things. prior to RB, pioneer was known for the "pioneer tax" on there controllers. They are clearly either just removing the "tax" (which is probably serato's cut) or selling the RB controllers at a discount to boost their RB software.

If you dig RB, then just switch over completely...

Pioneer's business model seems to be prioritize RB with controllers first and put a time delay and tax on Serato branded controllers. No breaking or new features will probably be on Serato/Pioneer controller. And to be honest.... most DJs are fine with that. Serato is popular not because of breaking feature or new controllers. The Core of its fan base love the stability of the SW (compared to others) or are so used it they don't wanna reinvest the time on the another SW.

The DDJ-1000SRT wasn't made to make DDJ-1000 switch over, it was made for those who waited and don't mess w RB...

Outta curiosity, how are the RB only controllers selling? this is the bottom line if pioneer continues this
DJ Tecniq 4:00 PM - 8 August, 2019
It’s $100 more than the original ddj1000 lol I’m not complaining but i do agree it should have software fx included when you compare the two...but I’ve never been happy with Serato fx. Rekordbox all the way cause it’s Pioneer.
popnwave 4:05 PM - 8 August, 2019
First 5000 have the full suite included, so consider that as a bonus to early adopters.
Nathan Looney 5:12 PM - 8 August, 2019
The Pioneer SZ is still better in my opinion. Plus can the new one play Rekord Box as well or is it just Serato?
Djkom 5:55 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
First 5000 have the full suite included, so consider that as a bonus to early adopters.

I'm not working on a dj shop but 5000 units is quite a huge amount of sales IMO... so we can consider that all units will have this suite.
The marketing thing of limited units only is not overkilled here
popnwave 6:07 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
The Pioneer SZ is still better in my opinion. Plus can the new one play Rekord Box as well or is it just Serato?

From the Pioneer forums (via Pulse):

Quote:

These are anticipated questions, so hopefully these will answer you, even if they aren't the answers you wanted to hear:

The DDJ-1000 will not work with Serato DJ, the DDJ-1000SRT will not work with rekordbox.

We do not have a buy-back or upgrade program for owners of the DDJ-1000 (or any other hardware for that matter).

If you recently purchased hardware and are within the return policy of your retailer, you may be able to do that and pre-order a DDJ-1000SRT.
DJ Tecniq 6:20 PM - 8 August, 2019
Wow preorder pricing is $1,143.12 @agiprodj w/promo code. What a fucking steal!
SSL Experimentalist 6:42 PM - 8 August, 2019
People asking "why don't they just make a license to work with the DDJ-1000"? First off, there has never been a controller in the history of controllers where they made it work with Serato AFTER the controller was release. This leads me to believe that the proprietary nature of Serato devices requires they build the unit to be Serato compatible from the beginning. I don't work for Serato and I am not a coder or engineer, but my guess is, this is to help protect potential pirating or hacking of Serato software to work with any device. Maybe it's something as simple as requiring a "Serato chip". But whatever the case is, a 1000 is more than a sound interface and mixer section. It's also jog wheels AND displays. Not to mention Rekordbox exclusive functions. It's a little more complicated than simply translating one to the other.

With that said, some folks may bring up, "well they made it work with the DJM-900NXS". Yes, they did. But two likely theories on that. Either they intended to do that from the beginning, and waited on it so they can market the 900SRT, OR, they did decide to do it later; but it's only a mixer. No jog wheels, display, or any deck related functions to worry about. Just MIDI and audio.

Take this with a grain of salt but that's my educated guess as to why they don't simply create a license for the DDJ-1000.
Johnnynights 8:16 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:

I preordered from them lol..

That's a deal they got.
DJ Eazy B 8:20 PM - 8 August, 2019
Pick up on in store today in the UK, didn't even think they were on sale yet!

...But for some reason the pads for my cue points are not lighting up or working on the right-hand deck.

Anyone else having teething problems?
popnwave 8:25 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Pick up on in store today in the UK, didn't even think they were on sale yet!

...But for some reason the pads for my cue points are not lighting up or working on the right-hand deck.

Anyone else having teething problems?

It works with the current version of SDJ? Usually they have to release a build with its official support.
DJ Eazy B 8:36 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
works with the current version of SDJ

I'm running 2.2.1. which is the latest version.

My only work around at the moment is connecting my SP1 as they show up on there like normal
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:36 PM - 8 August, 2019
Im gonna wait till Xmas. I’m fully covered between the DJ808 and SR2 for now.

It’s €1499 for the SRT in Europe, I don’t need Serato Suite bundled with it.

Will be interesting to see what deals will be available for the SRT if/when the Prime 4 gets Seratoed

Europe dealers are almost always firm on pricing, the best they can offer most times is a price match from an official retailer.

Nice unit though...I’m happy with Pioneers hardware FX.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:37 PM - 8 August, 2019
Just map one unused button to Echo Out...that’s my most used Serato FX anyways.
DJMIYAGI 11:03 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Just map one unused button to Echo Out...that’s my most used Serato FX anyways.

There's always the widely unused SYNC button lol
deejdave 1:08 AM - 9 August, 2019
I'm not working on a dj shop but 5000 units is quite a huge amount of sales IMO... so we can consider that all units will have this suite.
The marketing thing of limited units only is not overkilled here
YEAH so uhhh 5000
Quote:

AGAIN if we just remember not that long ago the first 10,000 units of DDJ-SX and the likes included Serato expansion vouchers and they 100% ran out in time.......... so no we can't consider all units will have it.
deejdave 1:19 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
First off, there has never been a controller in the history of controllers where they made it work with Serato AFTER the controller was release.

Article on Mixtrack Edge PRE serato support. djworx.com

Just one but if you need more let me know :)
djrz 6:27 AM - 9 August, 2019
Well I was getting excited but Pioneer Australia today have told me that the DDJ-1000SRT will NOT be available in Australia.
They have said they are focusing on Rekordbox... so time to reconsider hardware...
DJ Tecniq 7:59 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
Well I was getting excited but Pioneer Australia today have told me that the DDJ-1000SRT will NOT be available in Australia.
They have said they are focusing on Rekordbox... so time to reconsider hardware...
You sure about that. This is an aus link and has the 1000srt as their homepage.
www.pioneerdj.com
djrz 11:29 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
You sure about that. This is an aus link and has the 1000srt as their homepage.
www.pioneerdj.com

Yep. That's the frustrating part. Pioneer DJ (Global) says yes it will be available in Australia.
Pioneer DJ host that page you have linked - even with the Australian flag in the top right.

Pioneer Australia however are telling me directly they will not ship it in to Australia as it is not suitable for our market!? It sounds crazy right!? They also told me they are focusing on Rekordbox.

I go back to Pioneer DJ and say "Hey Pioneer AU told me this..."
Pioneer DJ say "Nah that's wrong.."
I go back to Pioneer AU and say "But global says we will get it here..."
Pioneer AU say "Nah that's wrong.. we won't"

Crazy right !!

I ask a local dealer and they say Pioneer have told them we won't be getting it.
I ask Serato and they say it sounds weird but it's up to Pioneer.

BTW - Pioneer Australia's actual site - www.pioneer.com.au does not show the DDJ-1000SRT or the DDJ-SZ2 for that matter (which I was also trying to get a hold of in AU only to be told by Pioneer AU it was discontinued - which was then denied by Pioneer DJ...)
DJ Tecniq 11:35 AM - 9 August, 2019
Wow that’s crazy have you tried other retailers in AUS? Sounds like they think Rekordbox in AUS is the creme of the crop and ditching Serato all together.
DJ Tecniq 11:38 AM - 9 August, 2019
I would hit up these AUS retailers and check all of them sounds like a conspiracy🤣
www.pioneerdj.com
Rebelguy 2:36 PM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
People asking "why don't they just make a license to work with the DDJ-1000"? First off, there has never been a controller in the history of controllers where they made it work with Serato AFTER the controller was release. This leads me to believe that the proprietary nature of Serato devices requires they build the unit to be Serato compatible from the beginning. I don't work for Serato and I am not a coder or engineer, but my guess is, this is to help protect potential pirating or hacking of Serato software to work with any device. Maybe it's something as simple as requiring a "Serato chip". But whatever the case is, a 1000 is more than a sound interface and mixer section. It's also jog wheels AND displays. Not to mention Rekordbox exclusive functions. It's a little more complicated than simply translating one to the other.

With that said, some folks may bring up, "well they made it work with the DJM-900NXS". Yes, they did. But two likely theories on that. Either they intended to do that from the beginning, and waited on it so they can market the 900SRT, OR, they did decide to do it later; but it's only a mixer. No jog wheels, display, or any deck related functions to worry about. Just MIDI and audio.

Take this with a grain of salt but that's my educated guess as to why they don't simply create a license for the DDJ-1000.

Why would Pioneer want there to be a license on a previously released product. They of course would want people to buy new units to make more money.
Qbaas 4:26 PM - 9 August, 2019
In the Netherlands the DDJ1000SRT is retailing at €1499,- which is €400 more then the DDJ1000 that sells for €1099,- (which used to be €999).

That price difference is ridiculous imo.
popnwave 4:39 PM - 9 August, 2019
Gotta love politics.. US trade wars with China and Brexit oh my.
DJ Tecniq 4:41 PM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
In the Netherlands the DDJ1000SRT is retailing at €1499,- which is €400 more then the DDJ1000 that sells for €1099,- (which used to be €999).

Might wanna try preordering i got quoted $200 off U.S. retailer though. Isn’t everything more expensive in other countries anyways.
Qbaas 4:51 PM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:

Quote:

Isn’t everything more expensive in other countries anyways.

No
Dj Youkai 6:11 PM - 9 August, 2019
I'm Gonna Be Sooo Broke This Year 🤪🤪🤪
DJ Unique 5:22 AM - 10 August, 2019
Quote:

Yep... I just emailed Agiprodj and ordered one.
Mr. Goodkat 9:07 AM - 10 August, 2019
ever think a pioneer serato controller would come out with usb rekord box capabilities?

:thinkingemoji:
MIXXXXXX 11:41 AM - 10 August, 2019
I Think the best way to make your DDJ-1000 to work with Serato is if you can get the Firmware of the DDJ-1000SRT and Flash it to you DDJ-1000 and same goes to your DJM S3 and DJM 250mk2. i think all of their components are the same specially to the djm 250mk2 to DJM S3. the only difference to DDJ-1000 to the SRT is the mechanical jog wheel. pls correct me if im wrong in my observations.
WildcardX 1:56 PM - 10 August, 2019
Quote:
I the only difference to DDJ-1000 to the SRT is the mechanical jog wheel. pls correct me if im wrong in my observations.

The DDJ-1000 and 1000SRT have the same Mechanical Jog Wheel. It's basically the 1000 with new labeling to facilitate Serato.
Despo 3:51 PM - 10 August, 2019
Quote:
I Think the best way to make your DDJ-1000 to work with Serato is if you can get the Firmware of the DDJ-1000SRT and Flash it to you DDJ-1000 and same goes to your DJM S3 and DJM 250mk2. i think all of their components are the same specially to the djm 250mk2 to DJM S3. the only difference to DDJ-1000 to the SRT is the mechanical jog wheel. pls correct me if im wrong in my observations.

If someone finds a way to do this do tell
Ragman 6:56 PM - 10 August, 2019
PioneerDJ is brilliant. Rebrand shit to work with different software and sell it like hotcakes. Genius!

And this is their M.O.
deejdave 7:24 PM - 10 August, 2019
Quote:

The SRT includes DVS expansion, FX expansion AND video Expansion while the original DDJ-1000 does NOT. This alone is worth the $100 price difference it is here in the states.............. BUT truth be told I got my SRT for $1150 and will sell the SDJ suite as I already have the full suite which will fetch around $200 so this controller's actual cost will be under $1000. The DDJ-1000 (OG) retails for $1200 here so this is actually costing less. Now obviously the DDJ-1000 CAN be had for less (especially now that not one more single unit will ever be sold again LOL) but I don't know how much wiggle room there is as $1200 is pretty cheap to begin with.
Quote:
Quote:

If someone finds a way to do this do tell

Corrected!! That is the best way theoretically BUT the reality is it will never happen. I think everyone here is forgetting this is nothing new. The DDJ-SX, RX, SB & SZ all got the RB treatment and this is not possible with those units either. By all means does not mean it should not be explored but trust the chances are a few steps past unlikely and this is by design.................. because
Quote:
PioneerDJ is brilliant. Rebrand shit to work with different software and sell it like hotcakes. Genius!

And this is their M.O.
MIXXXXXX 2:23 AM - 11 August, 2019
Quote:

And this is their M.O.

Quote:

And this is their M.O.

Your Right About That.
LoLyfe 12:04 AM - 20 August, 2019
I got to use mine twice this weekend. Love the platters but not a fan of the mixer's onboard effects section. You can only assign to one channel at a time (or master) and the effects are based on the mixers bpm reading technology and not the bpm in serato. Hoping a future firmware will make this doable because it's much faster than waiting for the mixer to figure out...I wish we had something offered like the S9 (which is what Im used to) but for something more mobile the platters are worth the investment. Perhaps it's something I can midi map? Dunno...never had to.

The only other thing I noticed is the volume on the SP-6 banks being very low. I had to over gain all the samples to get them loud enough.
PFFABG 1:26 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
I got to use mine twice this weekend. Love the platters but not a fan of the mixer's onboard effects section. You can only assign to one channel at a time (or master) and the effects are based on the mixers bpm reading technology and not the bpm in serato. Hoping a future firmware will make this doable because it's much faster than waiting for the mixer to figure out...I wish we had something offered like the S9 (which is what Im used to) but for something more mobile the platters are worth the investment. Perhaps it's something I can midi map? Dunno...never had to.

The only other thing I noticed is the volume on the SP-6 banks being very low. I had to over gain all the samples to get them loud enough.

How long does it generally take the mixer the figure out the BPM? I have a DJM 400 at home and it can be very hit and miss. I would assume it’s somewhat better than that, with the SRT being brand new and technology moving forwards?
LoLyfe 7:29 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

How long does it generally take the mixer the figure out the BPM? I have a DJM 400 at home and it can be very hit and miss. I would assume it’s somewhat better than that, with the SRT being brand new and technology moving forwards?

Never used the 400 but the timing varies I guess based on the complexities of the song at the moment it is playing. I saw a 90+ bpm register at 130+ and never resolve properly .. I've also seen 90+ register right away. It's pretty sporadic.
DJ Nin 8:58 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I had a DJM 400 too and I was just thinking the same thing.

I'll take CDJ platters over touch capacitive ones no doubt. Magvel Fader = Thumbs up.

But the looping looks annoying. Much better implemented on SX/SZ series.

There's no touch strip.

And personally, I don't want to have to turn an effects knob to the proper channel all night either.

I feel like I would need to use the DDJ SP1 with the SRT to achieve the functionality I want. Will that work?
PFFABG 9:59 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:

I'll take CDJ platters over touch capacitive ones no doubt. Magvel Fader = Thumbs up.

There's no touch strip.

And personally, I don't want to have to turn an effects knob to the proper channel all night either.

I feel like I would need to use the DDJ SP1 with the SRT to achieve the functionality I want. Will that work?

From the Crossfader video it seems a little better at detecting the BPM. I’ll try to ask Mike.C if the beat FX could be updated to be synced to Serato’s BPM like with the rekordbox version.

As for the looping it’s been confirmed that you can remap the in/out buttons to make this a lot easier.

I can’t recall ever using the touch strip on my SX2, but I can understand that some people will miss that feature.

Having to assign effects to a channel all night is good practice for using club gear and building muscle memory IMO. Going to take a bit of getting used to coming from Serato effects though 😆.

Unfortunately DJ Nin, even if you used an SP1 with the SRT, the Serato effects are apparently not post-fader ☹️. Hopefully that’s something that can be fixed with a firmware update also.
Dj Stylz-1 12:44 AM - 21 August, 2019
Hey guys,

Any idea why my srt isn't recognized when I load sdj pro? I ended up installing the audio drivers from the pioneer website but that still didn't do the trick.

I typically use an S9, and thought I would just be able to plug and play but that wasn't the case.

I haven't upgraded to the latest version of sdj pro because the previous version is working fine at the moment.

Thoughts ?
deejdave 12:57 AM - 21 August, 2019
Before we go any further is this Mac or PC?
Dj Stylz-1 1:03 AM - 21 August, 2019
Mac Sierra 10.12.6
LoLyfe 1:42 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Hey guys,

Any idea why my srt isn't recognized when I load sdj pro? I ended up installing the audio drivers from the pioneer website but that still didn't do the trick.

I typically use an S9, and thought I would just be able to plug and play but that wasn't the case.

I haven't upgraded to the latest version of sdj pro because the previous version is working fine at the moment.

Thoughts ?

I had the same problem when I installed mine as well. There are clear instructions in the manual that I did not read. my way of doing it originally when it failed was to upgrade serato newest version installed the driver but my controller was plugged in. The instructions say not to have the controller plugged in. I had to remove my version of serato DJ pro and the drivers then install serato DJ pro and the drivers again And if I'm not mistaken resort a few times then load up the controller while all that stuff is ready installed. Let me know if that works. I have the same exact problem and that was my way fixing it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:50 AM - 21 August, 2019
Hi Dj Stylz-1,

Quote:

You will need to run Serato DJ 2.2.1 or higher to use the Pioneer DJ DDJ-1000SRT. Please check which version you are running and upgrade if necessary.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Nin 2:14 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

There's no touch strip.

From the Crossfader video it seems a little better at detecting the BPM. I’ll try to ask Mike.C if the beat FX could be updated to be synced to Serato’s BPM like with the rekordbox version.

As for the looping it’s been confirmed that you can remap the in/out buttons to make this a lot easier.

I can’t recall ever using the touch strip on my SX2, but I can understand that some people will miss that feature.

Having to assign effects to a channel all night is good practice for using club gear and building muscle memory IMO. Going to take a bit of getting used to coming from Serato effects though 😆.

Unfortunately DJ Nin, even if you used an SP1 with the SRT, the Serato effects are apparently not post-fader ☹️. Hopefully that’s something that can be fixed with a firmware update also.

Word.

I’m interested in the SRT1000, but not 1000% percent sold on it yet. I feel like with a few tweaks it could be the perfect Serato controller, but just wish a few things were different.
LoLyfe 2:23 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:

- this would be fantastic if this can happen

- yeah i read this somewhere. i've never in all my years evey had to midi map but this may have to be the solution.

- same here. i actually disabled that function in SDJ a while back

- for me i like have the switches from the S9 but like I mentioned . there is more good than bad on the SRT and I will just have to conform to this approach...again only issue for me is the BPM detection for the effects to work properly.

- never used an SP-1 but maybe you can assign it to channel 1 / 4 and keep those volumes up? dunno.
deejdave 2:56 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Mac Sierra 10.12.6

As Michael R said first and foremost make sure you are on SDJ Pro 2.2.1 or higher. Also dumb question but did you reset your laptop AFTER installing the driver? My SRT 100% worked (in terms of buttons, knobs, etc. but neither the screens nor the sound worked on the SRT until I reset my laptop. Lemme know how you get on with these.
deejdave 2:57 AM - 21 August, 2019
Also the software (Serato) should have prompted you to DL the proper driver is this correct?
Dj Stylz-1 3:06 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Also the software (Serato) should have prompted you to DL the proper driver is this correct?

This is what I thought would happen considering other controllers behave the same way. But I never got the prompt.
Dj Stylz-1 3:06 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Mac Sierra 10.12.6

As Michael R said first and foremost make sure you are on SDJ Pro 2.2.1 or higher. Also dumb question but did you reset your laptop AFTER installing the driver? My SRT 100% worked (in terms of buttons, knobs, etc. but neither the screens nor the sound worked on the SRT until I reset my laptop. Lemme know how you get on with these.

I'm going to give it a go and let you know how it turns out
funkyfresh2012 3:40 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Never used the 400 but the timing varies I guess based on the complexities of the song at the moment it is playing. I saw a 90+ bpm register at 130+ and never resolve properly .. I've also seen 90+ register right away. It's pretty sporadic.

Completely agree. Why is the auto BPM detection range 70-180??? i would think 160 is the top range?

The auto BPM detection is a hit or miss for me as well. I spend half the time tapping it in manually.... I'm assuming this is a Pioneer design where they could potentially update via an update to the controller?
DJ Tecniq 3:45 AM - 21 August, 2019
Why not just keep it on auto bpm? Isn’t it similar to the S9?
Dj Stylz-1 4:08 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mac Sierra 10.12.6

I'm going to give it a go and let you know how it turns out

That's what it was, I just upgraded to 2.2.2 and worked like a charm. In just a few moments of playing around with it I'm already impressed. Thanks everyone for your input.
funkyfresh2012 4:21 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:

because it struggles to get the BPM correctly in a quick manner. there are more times than not, it doesn't even read the BPM correctly so i would have to tap the bpm in.

the range set is annoying because my 80-90BPM hop hop tracks sometime reads as 170-180bpm.
DJ Tecniq 5:55 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

because it struggles to get the BPM correctly in a quick manner. there are more times than not, it doesn't even read the BPM correctly so i would have to tap the bpm in.

the range set is annoying because my 80-90BPM hop hop tracks sometime reads as 170-180bpm.
Ahh i see. I’m sure a firmware update will correct that or check the full manual online about the mixers auto bpm maybe you can change it somehow.
PFFABG 8:46 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

That’s really disappointing honestly ☹️. It should just read the BPM from Serato, like the original DDJ 1000 does with rekordbox. Honestly the only thing stopping the SRT from being my perfect controller now.

Serato if you’re reading this... Fix this issue and you’ll have my money tomorrow 😂
funkyfresh2012 4:37 AM - 22 August, 2019
I love how quick the Rane 62 reads the BPM for effects. Wish it was that quick.

After more play time with the 1000srt, you gotta play a full track or two upon initial power up for it to work well.
kvnkrz 5:04 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:

Exactly my thoughts.. the original 1000 does in real time keep the bpm if the Deck playing. They should really fix this.
kvnkrz 5:05 AM - 22 August, 2019
I've started a thread not knowing this turned into what my issue was. Maybe we can populate it and get serato to fix this
LoLyfe 5:36 AM - 22 August, 2019
This can easily be a firmware fix but my fear is maybe the mixer board being used isn't capable. Fingers crossed.
kvnkrz 5:39 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
This can easily be a firmware fix but my fear is maybe the mixer board being used isn't capable. Fingers crossed.

Pretty sure it can.
Dj Markus 8:09 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:

+1

Have exact same issues. SP-6 volume is super low. Have to max gains on each sample every session.

Beat FX BPM detection is super glitchy. Find myself tapping all the BPM's, slows down my transitions big time! It either doubles the BPM or doesn't detect it at all.

Beat effects don't work when I assign to SP. Not sure if it's something I'm doing (or not) but it only seems to work when I assign to master.

Aside from those issues, it's a beast! Sound quality is better than any other Pioneer controller I've used. I have the S9 and I have to turn it up louder than this controller. I had it pounding at work and was only hitting 1/3 on the master meter.

Firmware updates:

01. Beat FX BPM detection taken straight from SDJ
02. SP-6 gains are improved
03. Add the KEY to jog wheel display
dj Krazey leo 8:52 AM - 22 August, 2019
Hey guys another thing I noticed the platters on the original 1000 was way more tighter and more responsive when coupled with Rekordbox the Srt1000 have some latency issues as well can someone else who had or still have both units chime in wish I had kept my original 1000 to do a side by side .
LoLyfe 12:01 PM - 22 August, 2019
Yes, I noticed the same. Effects assigned to SP-6 don't seems to work and a few times I get latency when releasing the platter.
PFFABG 12:19 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty sure it can.

+1

If the original 1000 can do it with rekordbox, and it’s essentially the same unit/internals, then I can’t think of any logical reason for the SRT not being able to as well.
dj Krazey leo 1:26 PM - 22 August, 2019
^^ agreed.
LoLyfe 2:56 PM - 22 August, 2019
true, never used the original 1000 so i wasn't aware that it was pulling BPM data from RekordBox. Well that would be a nice start if they would push it on the next firmware.
Despo 3:27 PM - 22 August, 2019
wow they release the 1000 srt and it doesnt even pull bpm from serato what the hell. Did pioneer just do this on purpose again
Gio Alex 7:01 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Did pioneer just do this on purpose again

Lol it's starting to look like it. "let's give you guys the busted version"
DJ Tecniq 7:08 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Lol it's starting to look like it. "let's give you guys the busted version"
It’s starting to look like Pioneer busted up them SX3’s on purpose. It was a huge number of them that were all defective. And yet they still claim they don’t have a quality control issue...bullshit! If you peep the reviews on Amazon there’s a bunch of users that had the recalled units, got them repaired and still had problems with the controller after the fix. Product got like 3 stars on Amazon. DJ Products these days are not made with the proper care that they should be. Pioneer DJ used to have a great reputation and quality control wasn’t much of an issue but now it’s widespread everywhere.
PFFABG 8:13 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
wow they release the 1000 srt and it doesnt even pull bpm from serato what the hell. Did pioneer just do this on purpose again

It’s almost like they want you to switch to rekordbox 👀😂.

Seriously though, I really hope this can be sorted with a firmware update. I’ve asked Mike.C on here and Pulse on the Pioneer forums but no response from either yet (which is a little concerning). Fingers crossed we don’t have an SZ/post fader effects situation.

They’ve already got this feature on the DJM 900SRT that came out over 5 years ago, but somehow we don’t have it on the 1000SRT

youtu.be

Come on Pioneer and Serato!
Gio Alex 8:34 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:

It's like a bad breakup but they still live in the same house/apartment, in denial.
kvnkrz 8:41 PM - 22 August, 2019
Maybe if we get on pioneers forums?
Gio Alex 8:43 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Maybe if we get on pioneers forums?

The thing about that is, I don't think that's their main concern. I think they're focused on their baby, rekordbox.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:50 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously though, I really hope this can be sorted with a firmware update. I’ve asked Mike.C on here and Pulse on the Pioneer forums but no response from either yet (which is a little concerning). Fingers crossed we don’t have an SZ/post fader effects situation.

They’ve already got this feature on the DJM 900SRT that came out over 5 years ago, but somehow we don’t have it on the 1000SRT

youtu.be

I couldn't say to be sure but it's possible this could be a limitation of the hardware architecture. Having post fader FX requires USB return channels that aren't already being utilised by a deck, i.e. they are dedicated to FX return. So if there is only enough USB channels free to return the audio from the software to the device for each of the decks then even a firmware update can't change that.

In terms of the FX BPM, it's possible for the device to be sent the BPM value for the playing deck, but it would require a firmware and software update for that to happen. Unfortunately I can't reveal whether or not this will happen (particularly as I'm not even working on this project).
PFFABG 9:53 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

I couldn't say to be sure but it's possible this could be a limitation of the hardware architecture. Having post fader FX requires USB return channels that aren't already being utilised by a deck, i.e. they are dedicated to FX return. So if there is only enough USB channels free to return the audio from the software to the device for each of the decks then even a firmware update can't change that.

In terms of the FX BPM, it's possible for the device to be sent the BPM value for the playing deck, but it would require a firmware and software update for that to happen. Unfortunately I can't reveal whether or not this will happen (particularly as I'm not even working on this project).

Thank you for your response Mike.C

At least we know that Serato are aware that people want this feature to be implemented. It’s the only thing stopping me from buying the thing 😆. Hopefully Mike.C or somebody else from Serato can forward this on to the team working on the 1000SRT.

I did also ask Serato support about this though, and they told me it was “unlikely that they will he changed to sync with Serato’s BPM information.” 😟.

I’ll try to follow up with them also
funkyfresh2012 9:55 PM - 22 August, 2019
+1 to add Keys to the center display of the jogwheel.
dj Krazey leo 10:13 PM - 22 August, 2019
I love this unit but I for one will return it and either purchase back the original 1000 or just stick with my 72 and cdj,s smh .
Telony Ex 10:57 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Have exact same issues. SP-6 volume is super low. Have to max gains on each sample every session.

Set the out put of the sampler to aux. that shold help with the volume.
DJ Unique 11:56 PM - 22 August, 2019
Received my SRT yesterday and noticed I was unable to access / select split cue.
Shoot!!!
PFFABG 1:26 AM - 23 August, 2019
Serato support recommended I open a feature request regarding the beat FX of the DDJ 1000SRT syncing to Serato’s BPM.

If anyone else would like to see this changed please comment or +1 in there so Serato can see it 😊

serato.com
LoLyfe 4:07 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

is there a separate volume knob for AUX on the SRT?
LoLyfe 4:07 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Received my SRT yesterday and noticed I was unable to access / select split cue.
Shoot!!!

yeah this was driving me crazy also. You have to turn on the CUE for the master for split cue to work.
LoLyfe 4:08 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Serato support recommended I open a feature request regarding the beat FX of the DDJ 1000SRT syncing to Serato’s BPM.

If anyone else would like to see this changed please comment or +1 in there so Serato can see it 😊

serato.com

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Djkom 5:35 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:

serato.com

😳😳😳

This controller has only one way to make FX and it's not even synced to Serato's bpm ???? SERIOUSLY !!!

I'm done 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Gio Alex 5:55 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

😳😳😳

This controller has only one way to make FX and it's not even synced to Serato's bpm ???? SERIOUSLY !!!

I'm done 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

LMAO yeah, i don't get how ppl can still stand behind it and hope. It's clear Pioneer was like "you want the 1000 for serato, well here it is, but that's all you get, no bells and whistles. We got our own ish to worry about."
Telony Ex 6:11 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Negative. Or i still dont find it yet. But that should make the sampler louder. Notice there is no sending the sampler to master anymore.
LoLyfe 6:36 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Negative. Or i still dont find it yet. But that should make the sampler louder. Notice there is no sending the sampler to master anymore.

so would I still use the sampler knob on the controller? and im guessing sending to AUX bypasses the master...dunno
DJ Tecniq 6:46 PM - 23 August, 2019
They rushed this entire product so glad I didn’t purchase this thing although it’s attractive looking i just don’t care for anything 4 channel. Having more space for my t-tables and work flow is so important. Looking forward to see any updates they’ll offer if they even do so.
PFFABG 8:14 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

😳😳😳

I'm done 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Yeah, I’ve spoken to Serato support and they say they’re “investigating whether this can be fixed with a software and/or firmware update.”

Nothing concrete, but if enough people request it, hopefully Serato will find a way to make this work
Gio Alex 8:18 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Nothing concrete, but if enough people request it, hopefully Serato will find a way to make this work

Gone be a lengthy list of things.

🌝🌝🌝

By the time all the happens pioneer will make another one or there will be something else on the market.
PFFABG 9:05 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Gone be a lengthy list of things.

🌝🌝🌝

By the time all the happens pioneer will make another one or there will be something else on the market.

You might be right, but let’s hope not 😂. I believe the SRT is 100% capable reading Serato’s BPM, the original 1000 pulls that data from rekordbox no problem.

All the other issues I had with the SRT have been fixed with MIDI mapping (looping controls etc).
djccccc 7:31 AM - 24 August, 2019
Firmware needs updating with the FX issue too - with the Midi Problems
LoLyfe 7:18 PM - 24 August, 2019
FYI I can confirm that changing the SP-6 output to "AUX" if definitely louder and the normal sample knob still works..
Ragman 7:40 PM - 24 August, 2019
Quote:
They rushed this entire product so glad I didn’t purchase this thing although it’s attractive looking i just don’t care for anything 4 channel. Having more space for my t-tables and work flow is so important. Looking forward to see any updates they’ll offer if they even do so.

I think I'll keep rockin' my SZ thank you. I'm not falling for the okie doke.
Gio Alex 9:19 PM - 24 August, 2019
Quote:

LMAO

This might be the biggest okie doke they’ve ever pulled so far though. I would’ve love to catch then convos behind this whole thing.
Mr. Goodkat 10:27 PM - 24 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO

This might be the biggest okie doke they’ve ever pulled so far though. I would’ve love to catch then convos behind this whole thing.

crazy how hyped ppl got over a 1000$ controller.
deejdave 2:26 AM - 25 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO

crazy how hyped ppl got over a 1000$ controller.

It is not all hype. I got rid of my SZ a month ago and I'd be lying if I said I missed it. Truth be told it is literally the first DJ hardware I ever sold in my life and did it because I literally never used it. If I want portable................ the SZ was NOT it and if I wanted the full experience............ still not it as I have the NXS2 setup as well as TT's. NOW I am by no means dissing the SZ as it was/is amazing and if you already have the SZ would I ever suggest to swap it for the SRT .............. NO! But let's put it into perspective.

I got the SRT for $1050 and minus the $200 for the Suite voucher I paid $850 said and done. The SZ I got for $1800 said and done............. if you think for ONE second the SZ is worth TWICE as much you are lying to yourself...............

ANYWAYS what I really want to say is NOT that the SZ is not worth it as it truly is BUT so is the SRT. There IS room for improvement (as with the SZ............... AHEM I HAD TO SEND MINE BACK TO PIO AS IT WAS ONE OF THE AFFECTED UNITS LMAO) and trust there WILL be some but lets try to keep it fair and open............... or not as I know the in thing is to hate on this controller that was pretty much the most anticipated piece of DJ hardware this year.

Lastly FWIW regarding
Quote:
I would’ve love to catch then convos behind this whole thing.

ZZsounds
Guitar Center
AGIProdj
Sweetwater
Musiciansfriend
DJtechtools

ALL SOLD OUT of the SRT................ when's the last time we saw a controller do this????? What do YOU think the convos surrounding this are? LOL

TLDR this was NOT a total fail. The SRT IS a great controller in its own rights. Is it the SZ but is it the same price as the SZ? NO its about half.................. need we say more?
DJ ManTron 7:36 AM - 25 August, 2019
Yeah this controller hit all the points for me. I dont use serato fx. The CDJ platters with tension control are perfect, hated trying to scratch on baby platters on the other controllers. It just wasn't fun. Mixer has plenty of Fx that sound great. Srt gives me 2 cdjs and a 800 mixer for 1200, Im good , will rock plenty of partys with this. Could use a better tap tempo button situation.
LoLyfe 7:56 AM - 25 August, 2019
So for me these are my setups in the order that I acquired:

TTs w/S9 (since the days of vinyl)
DDJ-SX (7 years ago when I started doing video)
Nexus 2 CD-Js w/S9 (2 years ago, needed better platters)
DDJ-SR2 (7 months ago, needed something more portable)

Out of all of these the SR-2 came out the most. Easy to carry and manage for the bar/club gigs but nothing beats the feeling of the CD-J platters. I did jump all over the SRT because I wanted the platters. TBH if they had an S9 in the middle these conversations don't really exist for me...game over. The fact that many are saying most of it's short comings may be fixed over firmware is slight relief for me.

And yeah I get it. It's easy to be on the side dropping "L's" to people who have expectations and made early investments but I've been doing this for 28 years and I still get very much excited for new gear. I've contemplated so many times to switch to RBox for the 1000 just to get those platters...just couldn't see myself managing 2 libraries plus Serato is muscle memory for me.
LoLyfe 7:59 AM - 25 August, 2019
Damn I wish there was an edit button...lol
By "bringing out the most" I meant recently with the SR2. I didn't love the feel of it the most .. I loved the convenience the most. My favorite rigs are the TTs and CD-J but it just became too much to bring for the gigs I'm doing.
Telony Ex 8:22 PM - 25 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

so would I still use the sampler knob on the controller? and im guessing sending to AUX bypasses the master...dunno

Yes. You will still use the sampler nob to control the global volume of the sampler
Telony Ex 8:25 PM - 25 August, 2019
Quote:
FYI I can confirm that changing the SP-6 output to "AUX" if definitely louder and the normal sample knob still works..

Cheers. I never saw the srt in real life. But had this issue when i upgraded from sx2 to sx3. Pioneer changed the way it assigned the sampler so i assumed the srt had the same issue. Seem i was right.
Mr. Goodkat 4:24 AM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Damn I wish there was an edit button...lol
By "bringing out the most" I meant recently with the SR2. I didn't love the feel of it the most .. I loved the convenience the most. My favorite rigs are the TTs and CD-J but it just became too much to bring for the gigs I'm doing.

i see what you are saying, i just bring the cdjs and rane mixer, to me its just worth it even if im at a small bar for 200$. I hate getting into a pattern of precticing or gigging with units i would never play with at a bigger more important event because a portion of my practice is at these off nite, low paying gigs. At some level, IMO, you cant get the same practice at home as you can out, and also its nice to get paid to practice for 3-4 hours, because at home there are so many distractions
kvnkrz 10:22 PM - 13 September, 2019
Also if your tracks are different BPM. When switching decks the BPM should instantly reflect the deck selected
Millz 2:11 PM - 11 October, 2019
Hello,

Long time no chat.

Im searching for a list or discussion about any current bugs with the Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT and Serato DJ Pro....

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
DJMIYAGI 7:27 PM - 29 October, 2019
Anyone with the original 1000 try using the 1000 SRT firmware to get Serato working? Just curious...
popnwave 7:57 PM - 29 October, 2019
That would be some balls to brick your controller trying that :D
DJMIYAGI 8:03 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
That would be some balls to brick your controller trying that :D

You think it would be irreversible if it doesn't work?
popnwave 9:55 PM - 29 October, 2019
What devices do you use that you can easily roll back firmware updates? Unless Pioneer provides a tool to do so, you are playing with fire!
popnwave 9:58 PM - 29 October, 2019
Def go read the PIO forums and see some of the poor bastards that had LEGIT firmware updates brick their controllers before you try this.
Gio Alex 10:16 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
What devices do you use that you can easily roll back firmware updates?

Lol this
DJMIYAGI 10:39 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
What devices do you use that you can easily roll back firmware updates? Unless Pioneer provides a tool to do so, you are playing with fire!

Rane has released a couple beta firmware updates for the 72 and if you didn't like the beta you could install the previous firmware to revert back.
deejdave 10:45 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Rane has released a couple beta firmware updates for the 72 and if you didn't like the beta you could install the previous firmware to revert back.

This sounds like a legit fallback for a legit beta. Hacking a controller is by no means "legit" as far as Pioneer is concerned so I have my doubts they will assist you in any way regarding this manner........
Gio Alex 10:56 PM - 29 October, 2019
Also isn’t pio customer support not that great to begin with?
deejdave 11:13 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
Also isn’t pio customer support not that great to begin with?

Nothing but GREAT service on my end with Pioneer. Had issue with SX (after a year and a half and they fixed at no charge paying shipping BOTH ways) as well as the original SZ issue which they again paid shipping BOTH ways and fixed at no cost while providing real time up to date status reports on said repairs.......... if I am being honest I don't know of any other manufacturer that trumps this.
Dj Markus 8:57 PM - 5 November, 2019
Update has been released and fixes some of the issues brought up on this forum, Just downloaded it and I see the BPM on the Beat FX is now reading the BPM straight from the software. Fingers crossed!

www.pioneerdj.com
dj_estrela 1:30 PM - 7 November, 2019
Sadly the SRT jog Screens are not midi mappable to other softwares. This is not the case of the regular DDJ-1000.
IMO the SRT is superior than the regular 1000 as it runs in external mode so it has all the Pioneer FX for USB sources.

If you support my request please vote in
serato.com
kvnkrz 11:04 PM - 7 November, 2019
Anyone else noticed after the update that the master levels don't light up anymore?
DJ Unique 3:21 AM - 8 November, 2019
Quote:
Anyone else noticed after the update that the master levels don't light up anymore?

Mine are fine
Rashod Ali 7:50 AM - 19 November, 2019
Yo! I just purchased the 1000SRT, updated the firmware and midi mapped the loop functions. Super grateful for that loop fix!

Is anyone else having trouble with the sampler volume or the cue/master function with the headphones mix knob?

I can’t get any samples to play. I see the triggers are working in Serato DJ but I no gain in the speakers or headphones.

Separate issue. I can’t get the master to play in my headphones on the cue. Any ideas?
dj-freestyle 3:30 AM - 20 November, 2019
Go into software and turn the volume on the sampler player directly up . Then you can use the volume knob like normal . The firmware update for the bpm issue make the sampler volume that way
dj-freestyle 3:31 AM - 20 November, 2019
They explain it in the firmware update notes on pioneer website
Rashod Ali 5:06 AM - 20 November, 2019
Quote:
Go into software and turn the volume on the sampler player directly up . Then you can use the volume knob like normal . The firmware update for the bpm issue make the sampler volume that way

Super helpful! Thanks DJ-Freestyle!
revatron 10:12 PM - 14 December, 2019
I'm going to be selling my SRT along with the expansion pack.
Do I just sell it and it's good to go?
Or are there some official steps to take?

Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 11:55 PM - 14 December, 2019
Quote:
I'm going to be selling my SRT along with the expansion pack.
Do I just sell it and it's good to go?
Or are there some official steps to take?

Thanks!
why the sell?
revatron 12:20 AM - 15 December, 2019
Long boring answer made short, I should have never bought it.
It's fun, no complaints. Really impressed with the Tidal feature, which I realize isn't exclusive to this, but my first time messing with it.
Just want some of my money back
DJ Tecniq 9:54 AM - 15 December, 2019
Quote:
Long boring answer made short, I should have never bought it.
It's fun, no complaints. Really impressed with the Tidal feature, which I realize isn't exclusive to this, but my first time messing with it.
Just want some of my money back
Sounds like you bought gear that you weren’t ready for yet. How much you want to sell it?
HellNegative1 6:27 PM - 21 February, 2020
Does the SRT work with Rekordbox natively (I have a paid Rekordbox License)?
popnwave 7:33 PM - 21 February, 2020
Quote:

Sorta.. it's not officially supported even with a license and I watched a guy using an SL3 get blasted by Pioneer support for even suggesting he was using that. The reviews I've read of people saying they have tried mention the button layout and jog displays are biggest complaint.
HellNegative1 7:51 PM - 21 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Sorta.. it's not officially supported even with a license and I watched a guy using an SL3 get blasted by Pioneer support for even suggesting he was using that. The reviews I've read of people saying they have tried mention the button layout and jog displays are biggest complaint.

During the DVS beta, Pioneer had not yet released their interface. I was testing the DVS using a Rane SL4 and NI Audio 10.

With the DDJ1000 SRT, I am more interested if the Jog Wheels and Jog Wheel displays work in use with Rekordbox DJ. If not, is the difference firmware? If the difference is firmware, can the DDJ1000 (Rekordbox) be flashed onto the SRT, or are the DAC's actually different between the units?
popnwave 11:23 PM - 21 February, 2020
You'd need someone deep into flash dumps and firmware modification to pull that off. I know you can't just flash the 1000 onto the 1000 SRT using an update tool from Pioneer.

My friend tried on a PC and Mac with no luck, didn't brick it either, just wouldn't recognize it as legit firmware for it.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:33 PM - 21 February, 2020
firstly you'd need to open both and have a look and see if they are the exact same components, if they were you could de solder the nand firmware chip ( and swap them, and see if it worked)

if you buy me a ddj 1000 and a 1000 srt I'll give it a go
popnwave 11:36 PM - 21 February, 2020
Reminds me of my old Dish Network/DirecTV pirating days.
HellNegative1 7:03 PM - 24 February, 2020
Quote:
Reminds me of my old Dish Network/DirecTV pirating days.

Before, during or after the cards? :-p
Manuc@s 10:37 PM - 7 March, 2020
O display dos Jogs são muito simples no DDJ1000SRT. Pelo que eu vi no DDJ1000 recordbox tem bem mais funções no display. Está prevista alguma atualização para o display do DDJ1000SRT? Tá muito feio...
Tazino 6:45 PM - 27 September, 2022
[Spam removed]
Tazino 6:46 PM - 27 September, 2022
[Spam removed]