Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

DDJ 1000SRT Beat FX sync to BPM from Serato

PFFABG 10:08 PM - 22 August, 2019
I would like the DDJ 1000SRT to be able to read the bpm from within Serato. Currently it uses an independent BPM counter. It would be great if this was changed so it works like the original DDJ 1000 does with rekordbox

Serato have previously had this work with the DJM 900SRT.

youtu.be

Check about a minute into the video for an explanation of what I mean

Thanks
dj Krazey leo 1:37 AM - 23 August, 2019
+1
funkyfresh2012 2:07 AM - 23 August, 2019
+1
kvnkrz 2:32 AM - 23 August, 2019
+1
DJ Dynamight 3:13 AM - 23 August, 2019
+1

I'm really surprised this was overlooked!
DJ Unique 5:25 AM - 23 August, 2019
Yes please
PFFABG 8:19 AM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
+1

I'm really surprised this was overlooked!

100%. I just assumed it would do this out of the box.

youtu.be

I’ll add another +1 from Jamie Hartley from Crossfader 😆.

A follow up email from Serato Support:

“Just as a followup, I had a chat to our Products team about this - seems like they're investigating whether this can be fixed with a software and/or firmware update.

Slightly better news than I gave before, I hope!

I'l close the ticket now - if you want to open a followup ticket you can create one by replying to this email chain.“

Let’s keep this on their agenda 😄
DJ Eric Harding 1:47 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
Chino 2:09 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
kvnkrz 3:39 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
LoLyfe 4:09 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
casious 6:54 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
Yona 8:37 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
DJ L.A. Stylez 9:53 PM - 23 August, 2019
+1
PFFABG 3:19 AM - 25 August, 2019
So just a quick update on this. Serato had already told me that they were investigating the possibility of a firmware and/or software update to fix this issue.

Now Pulse over on the Pioneer forums has “asked the product team to look into this”.

Still no guarantees anything will happen, but at least both parties are aware of the issue and that people are unhappy about it.

forums.pioneerdj.com
funkyfresh2012 4:28 AM - 25 August, 2019
after more hours of using the 1000srt..... its tough to trust the auto BPM. It would change BPM on you if you dont pay attention to it before you trigger it. It would jump BPMs throughout the same song.

I hope Serato can step in to make the change on this controller to use Serato's BPM.

+1
kvnkrz 5:59 AM - 25 August, 2019
Full gig report with the DDJ-1000srt.

I've had the s9-1000-72. They all have tempo coming from the software and not onboard trying to guess...

First of all the range it recognizes tracks in UNUSABLE.

I don't get it. The 900srt has that feature as well as the s9. Why didn't the 1ksrt make the cut?

Is this going to be fixed or will we ever need to spread shift and tap?
PFFABG 7:53 PM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Full gig report with the DDJ-1000srt.

I've had the s9-1000-72. They all have tempo coming from the software and not onboard trying to guess...

First of all the range it recognizes tracks in UNUSABLE.

I don't get it. The 900srt has that feature as well as the s9. Why didn't the 1ksrt make the cut?

Is this going to be fixed or will we ever need to spread shift and tap?

All we can do is hope they fix it. I’ll keep asking Pioneer and Serato for updates.

Official word from Pioneer:
“This has been passed to the engineers to review. Thank you for your feedback.”
PFFABG 7:28 PM - 28 August, 2019
youtu.be

Great review of the SRT by DJ Mista P. Also brings up the beat FX issues
serkan 9:15 AM - 1 September, 2019
+1
Dj MoSama 12:34 AM - 13 September, 2019
I wish I would’ve read this thread before I purchased this controller. Wouldn’t have got it. This is major. This shouldn’t even be an issue.
PFFABG 2:19 AM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:
I wish I would’ve read this thread before I purchased this controller. Wouldn’t have got it. This is major. This shouldn’t even be an issue.

+1

Completely baffling that during the SRT’s development, nobody at Pioneer saw an issue with this... “Why not just mirror the BPM from Serato so they have to tap in the BPM all the time?”

“Why are we trying to interpret the BPM from the audio signal? Is it still 2010?”

Anyway, Pioneer and Serato are apparently working to improve this function so hopefully as more people become aware of this issue, they’ll sort it out via a firmware and/or software update
kvnkrz 2:21 AM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Completely baffling that during the SRT’s development, nobody at Pioneer saw an issue with this... “Why not just mirror the BPM from Serato so they have to tap in the BPM all the time?”

“Why are we trying to interpret the BPM from the audio signal? Is it still 2010?”

Anyway, Pioneer and Serato are apparently working to improve this function so hopefully as more people become aware of this issue, they’ll sort it out via a firmware and/or software update

Really hope so
LoLyfe 2:24 AM - 13 September, 2019
yeah this is my weekly peeve.
LoLyfe 2:25 AM - 13 September, 2019
but like everything else im hoping their next iteration covers some of the good things from the S9 also...would love to get that mixer as the centerpiece.
PFFABG 2:13 PM - 13 September, 2019
I asked Pioneer again about this earlier. Their latest statement regarding this:

“Just to confirm that we don't have any information or an E.T.A. on when an update will be released at present but that our engineers are aware of the situation and have it listed for investigation.

Pioneer DJ Support.”

Not the most promising news, but I thought I’d update everyone
Chino 4:50 PM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:
I asked Pioneer again about this earlier. Their latest statement regarding this:

“Just to confirm that we don't have any information or an E.T.A. on when an update will be released at present but that our engineers are aware of the situation and have it listed for investigation.

LMAO!! That's about as promising as you can get from Pioneer DJ!!! I LOVE my Pioneer DDJ -1000SRT & DJS-1000 sampler BUT PioneerDJ as a company is STRAIGHT BUSINESS!!!

Pioneer DJ is NOT a company run by DJs for the betterment of DJs. That is painfully obvious!!!!
PFFABG 11:02 PM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO!! That's about as promising as you can get from Pioneer DJ!!! I LOVE my Pioneer DDJ -1000SRT & DJS-1000 sampler BUT PioneerDJ as a company is STRAIGHT BUSINESS!!!

Pioneer DJ is NOT a company run by DJs for the betterment of DJs. That is painfully obvious!!!!

Kind of my fear with this actually... I mean if the thing is selling like hot cakes (which I suspect it probably is), then why bother?

If that turns out the be the case, then I’ll just stick with my SX2. Really they’re trying to save me money 😉 #GoodGuyPioneer 😂
Dj NiteCrawler 12:33 PM - 19 September, 2019
+1
D4GGR 7:32 PM - 27 September, 2019
+1

How has this not been fixed yet??
PFFABG 6:47 PM - 30 September, 2019
*UPDATE*

Directly from Pioneer DJ's very own...

Pulse
"It's something that both sides had to work on, but good news - it will be added in a future update! I can't provide the date, but it will be coming this year."
Dj NiteCrawler 11:42 PM - 30 September, 2019
This legit just made my day! If they make Serato FX post-fader, the 1000 could be a game changer the same way the S9 was when it first came out.
kvnkrz 11:55 PM - 30 September, 2019
Amazing. It'll also know every decks BPM !
PFFABG 11:34 AM - 1 October, 2019
+1

I asked Pulse if it was going to read the BPM directly from Serato and his response was:

“That's correct - the BPM will be passed from the deck of the channel selected on the FX source dial.”

It’s a good day to be a Serato user 🍻
Chino 4:04 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:

It’s a good day to be a Serato user 🍻

+1!!
Despo 9:23 PM - 5 October, 2019
Should've been like this since release. It also should be like that on any djm nxs mixer since they can communicate bpm with rekordbox. Can we moan about that one too while we're at it
PFFABG 12:12 PM - 6 October, 2019
Quote:
Should've been like this since release.

Agreed but I give them credit for actually listening to their user base and fixing this
Chino 2:05 PM - 7 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Should've been like this since release.

Agreed but I give them credit for actually listening to their user base and fixing this

+1!
Dj NiteCrawler 3:27 PM - 29 October, 2019
The day has come.

DDJ-1000SRT Firmware Update ver. 1.02
FIXED
The BPM values that are shown on the DDJ-1000SRT Beat FX display and in Serato DJ Pro virtual deck, did not sync.
Sampler sound did not come out from the headphone output when the Sampler Cue button was pressed while the Sampler volume level was at its lowest.
The MIDI message for the Sampler VOL knob has been changed in line with this fix.
PFFABG 12:52 AM - 30 October, 2019
Thank you Pioneer and Serato. Did a quick test of the new update this afternoon and it seems to fix all the issues I had with the hardware effects. Will test it out more thoroughly tomorrow.
kvnkrz 11:05 PM - 7 November, 2019
Anyone else noticed after the update that the level master meters don't light up anymore?
PFFABG 11:45 PM - 7 November, 2019
Quote:
Anyone else noticed after the update that the level master meters don't light up anymore?

Are you talking about the master VU meters on the SRT itself? Like they don’t light up at all?

All seems fine on my unit so that is strange 🤔
djcoma1200 4:12 AM - 5 June, 2020
Quote:
The day has come.

DDJ-1000SRT Firmware Update ver. 1.02
FIXED
The BPM values that are shown on the DDJ-1000SRT Beat FX display and in Serato DJ Pro virtual deck, did not sync.
Sampler sound did not come out from the headphone output when the Sampler Cue button was pressed while the Sampler volume level was at its lowest.
The MIDI message for the Sampler VOL knob has been changed in line with this fix.

Do the Beat FX also quantize to the grid If quantize is turned or do they only sync to BPM?
LoLyfe 3:55 PM - 5 June, 2020
I know the last firmware fixed some on board effects issues (bpm related) but has anyone noticed that when apply an effect to SP its not post-volume? Like when I turn down the volume for the sampler the effect also turns down with it.

my output in Serato DJ is set to "A". I guess the only way to fix would be to assign the sampler to one of the unused outer channels (3 or 4).
kvnkrz 11:52 PM - 10 August, 2021
Double click on A for the sampler and it works with the latest srt firmware.

Sometimes if another controller was used serato gets lost. It happens from my 72 and then srt
DJ Discovery 4:41 PM - 3 September, 2021
So can the rest of us who haven't bought this controller yet assume that now the controller does read the bpm from Serato?
vboyd666 4:25 PM - 15 September, 2021
Quote:
So can the rest of us who haven't bought this controller yet assume that now the controller does read the bpm from Serato?

Yes it does with a firmware updated to v.1.5
DJ Discovery 4:26 PM - 15 September, 2021
perfect, thank you!