Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Feature request: Drop down menu to select patterns from other scenes

DJ Dado 10:50 PM - 27 June, 2019
I cannot find a way to copy a pattern from a scene to another. While there is a drop-down menu to make patterns for different styles of music, it would be great to have another drop-down menu to copy patterns from other scenes in the same (or perhaps even different) deck.

While I am at it, another feature request would be to add line/curve automation to the existing per-step modulation. In the same vein, having "Automation/MIDI Fx" slots in the deck (in addition to Audio Fx slots) would allow the user to add Modulator (e.g., Envelope or LFO) Fx that can modulate automation params. Similarly, one could add an Arpeggiator Fx, etc...

Just my $.02
DJ Dado 3:20 AM - 28 June, 2019
Select all + copy-paste works! :/

But my suggestions about automation/midi fx rests ;)
DJ Dado 12:45 PM - 28 June, 2019
In addition, it would still be very convenient to have a drop-down menu in the deck menu bar that could be used to select any pattern that was entered in the same deck in any other scene. In a way, this would be similar to how scenes and patterns are organized in Maschine.
Bloodmoney Perez' 7:34 PM - 4 August, 2019
I think it would be incredibly awesome if we could record into Studio so that I can chop samples from that audio source. Am I missing something? I don't see this option which is available in nearly all other DAWS.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:17 AM - 9 August, 2019
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback!

You can actually hold the SHIFT key down and select multiple notes at once with your mouse, or you can just press Command + A to select them all. Once you've done this you can copy/paste to another sequence.

DJ Dado - we agree, having some nice automation curves/line presets would be great. We will be looking at something in this area in the future.

Bloodmoney Perez' - we are working on Audio Tracks right now for a future update. We also plan on providing recording in the future too, so hold tight! :)