Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

No sound when Numark Party Mix controller is plugged in

Rasmus Juel 3:03 PM - 12 May, 2019
I am running Serato DJ Lite from a Windows10 PC with a Numark Party Mix controller plugged in - both devices are brand new. I get sound from my PC speakers when I run DJ Lite without the controller plugged in - but whenever the controller is plugged in, there is no sound from music played in DJ Lite - not through PC speakers nor through the controller. The controller interacts with DJ lite so I can start/stop/cue music using the controller, so the controller IS connected.

Sound from other PC apps works fine when the controller is plugged in, so the problem seems to be that the software - DJ Lite - stops directing sound to the PC speakers when the USB from the controller is plugged in for some strange reason.

I have spent the better part of a day troubleshooting and gone through all the standard motions:
- I made sure the PC speakers, not controller, are the default sound device in Windows and that PC speakers are not muted
- I deleted and re-installed my audio devices and updated the drivers
- I tried flowing sound from the controller back into the laptop through the mic mini-jack
- I made sure the app settings in Windows for DJ Lite was for DJ Lite to use PC speakers
- I always made sure to plug in the controller first, and then opened the software

..and still, I have zero sound i PC speakers only when the controller is plugged in, yet I cannot get any sound from the controller (through the controller headphone jack)

Does anyone have any ideas to what I might try to get sound from the PC speakers?

Thanks
TGB1 4:24 PM - 4 August, 2019
I need to know also
DJ Tecniq 6:23 AM - 5 August, 2019
This may sound like a dumb question but are you connected to the master rca output on the controller? Make sure partymix is in “INT” mode for the Serato decks aka “Internal”
DJ Tecniq 6:30 AM - 5 August, 2019
Here’s a tutorial for setting up. He’s using VDJ but it’s the same process.
youtu.be