Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Offline mode for TIdal

RiskingSilence 8:59 AM - 4 May, 2019
Hey Serato

Absolutely great that you included the ability for us to use our Tidal subscription in the Software. Now I have all my tracks available in lossless quality which is super.
Unfortunately I can not this feature when performing as there is no option to cache or download my playlist, and wifi / mobile signal at venue's are usually very very poor and can't be relied on. So this feature can only be used when I am at home :-(

Please add the option to download or use Tidal Playlists offline.

Thanks
dj cason 2:54 AM - 26 May, 2019
This is a must for shore. curious as to coming updates to tidal. I use use it and it’s awesome but if there could be a function to let me play my tidal downloads from my phone as apposed to having to stream ass some gigs don’t have WiFi or are bad connection from a phone not to mention the data burn on a 5hr set?
Almazov 6:08 AM - 13 June, 2019
The most important function we are all waiting for
Chris81 1:24 AM - 18 June, 2019
Agreed. Tidal in offline mode would be awesome. Not all mobile networks are created equal, and not all mobile phone plans are overflowing with data. Also trying to get a mobile signal in certain venues could prove damn near impossible.
Almazov 1:43 AM - 18 June, 2019
Spotify and Tidal have playlist loading features . The idea is not difficult to implement. Since the meaning is the same.
D Red 4:02 PM - 28 June, 2019
I'd love to have this feature! Please add
Dj KoolBreeze 10:48 PM - 28 June, 2019
+10000
djmobula 11:21 AM - 30 June, 2019
Including streaming functionlaty into Serato DJ pro are big news for me.
But as mentioned by the others we need the offline mode to use it on our jobs.

Please Please Serato Team implement that as soon as possible.
Almazov 12:15 PM - 30 June, 2019
Quote:
Including streaming functionlaty into Serato DJ pro are big news for me.
But as mentioned by the others we need the offline mode to use it on our jobs.

Please Please Serato Team implement that as soon as possible.

Ye, we all wait it.
Miss World 3:18 PM - 2 July, 2019
+1
GUITTON 8:33 AM - 7 August, 2019
je valide cette proposition
The Time Thief 11:15 PM - 12 August, 2019
This is such an important feature, I've spent hours finding music I want to play and analysing it. Now I see that I can't use any of it when I am not at home or somewhere with reliable wifi. this needs to be implemented as soon as possible.
Bartv2000 8:53 AM - 13 August, 2019
I have used Tidal in Serato now for several times and have always be using my mobile phone for internet connectivity because wifi is not always available or is overloaded by guests that are also using it. A drawback is that the computer thinks it is connected to a WiFi connection and applications start dowloading updates in the background which is using a lot of bandwith on my phone's connection. Thus I have to shut down all those possible applicatons that regular connect to the internet for download or sync, for example anti virus, google drive, backup software, ... Please Serato, we need this!
good.to.go 11:57 PM - 21 August, 2019
PLEASE!
Andromeda 12:22 PM - 28 August, 2019
Please add OFFLINE mode for TIDAL. Thanks
aktronic 10:00 PM - 30 August, 2019
+1
datti naiz 11:12 PM - 5 September, 2019
tidal remains useless. We could at least have an answer if something is in prospect.
Hello...is there anybody listening?
Dj KoolBreeze 8:52 PM - 8 September, 2019
+1000
Jellybean 7:08 AM - 11 September, 2019
Please add the offline storage mode feature suggestion (+1000000!!!), but make it better than Beatport Link Pro+ and make it UNLIMITED.
DJ Knutz 4:56 AM - 26 September, 2019
Yes, this is crucial. Please work on and add asap!!!
dj silent assassin 7:25 PM - 29 September, 2019
This is a really good and useful piece of tool for dj's, both club, mobile, or traveling dj's. We need to stick together as a group, and voice this tread if we're going to get any answer. Send this link to our dj's forum and community and have them chime in on this tread.
Serato you'll definitely need to step your game up on this topic or at least let the community know if you'll making any progress on this topic. Serato you've never let us down, you're been looking out for our community for many years and counting. We believe in you and your products that's why we keep on supporting the serato world. So i said all that to say this, lets get access to the offline playing for tidal in serato.
DJ Weldon 2:37 PM - 30 September, 2019
Has anyone seen ANY response from Serato on this? Is it something they're working on? Is it something that TIDAL are unwilling to implement?...

We need a response because until an offline mode is implemented the Tidal feature is no good for reliable playing out live.

IS ANYBODY LISTENING?!
Bartv2000 6:54 AM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
Has anyone seen ANY response from Serato on this? Is it something they're working on? Is it something that TIDAL are unwilling to implement?...

We need a response because until an offline mode is implemented the Tidal feature is no good for reliable playing out live.

IS ANYBODY LISTENING?!

I got somewhat an answer:

My question to support:

Hello, the community wants to know if Tidal Offline mode wil be available in the future or not at al. Thread: serato.com

The answer:

Hi,

thanks for getting in touch!

This feature is not available at this point, but that does sound like a cool idea!

Please feel free to make any suggestions for future features in the Feature Suggestions area on Serato.com:
- serato.com

This is where our products team hangs out, and view these requests. They use this to help decide what to put into future releases, so your feedback is always welcomed!!

Make sure you +1 the thread as the more traction and engagement from our users helps our team decisions on things.

So let's +1 together :-)
mc_luxeflex 7:58 AM - 1 October, 2019
+1
dj silent assassin 10:06 PM - 1 October, 2019
+1
Fett 9:30 PM - 4 October, 2019
+1 from me
djzwingelberg 12:03 PM - 5 October, 2019
+1
Hobbie1988 6:53 AM - 22 October, 2019
+1
HollaLouYuh 11:46 PM - 22 October, 2019
+1 Please!!!! Thanks!
DJ Sir 4:17 PM - 25 October, 2019
+1
charlee1985 1:14 PM - 26 October, 2019
+1
fridmanator 10:06 PM - 31 October, 2019
Super excited to have most of the music in the world on my search bar
but without offline mode, I can't count on it.

Stability is what gave Serato the great reputation it got, so please let us have that.

Thanks
and Cheers
Flow-T 12:25 PM - 2 November, 2019
+1
Dj. StatixXx 1:56 PM - 6 November, 2019
+ Infinity

Let’s make this happen... I’m sure the boost in subscription revenue could help put this at the top of the list no ?

squeaky2222 4:43 PM - 7 November, 2019
+1 This would be a WONDERFUL feature. :)
djsimonse 1:05 AM - 14 November, 2019
+1 I really want this!

I think Denon Prime 4 stores all Tidal files on the internal hard drive, but you still need a Internet connection to be able to load the track. Serato needs to be better than DP4.
jayfenn 1:57 AM - 20 November, 2019
+1
cortes con serato scrath live 10:03 AM - 3 December, 2019
+1
dj silent assassin 11:58 PM - 4 December, 2019
This is unacceptable that up to now serato dj, or Tidal hasn't make any comment on this tread ...... Come on dudes lets go, remember we're paying customers.......
Dj KoolBreeze 6:50 AM - 5 December, 2019
Quote:
This is unacceptable that up to now serato dj, or Tidal hasn't make any comment on this tread ...... Come on dudes lets go, remember we're paying customers.......

interestedly if you look at tidal FAQ page here tidal.com its say you should request from Serato if we need the feature to play offline.

so tidal has spoken. what is your response Serato
Dj KoolBreeze 6:58 AM - 5 December, 2019
I am aware that pulse locker held a patent for the tech that allows offline access to files, which they sold to beat port...

so in essence it is a rights issues to really do this. Then the rights from the music owners should be tidal taking care of that portion.

we need this feature badly!!
svnsun 6:33 PM - 5 December, 2019
+1 This is a critical feature for live performance
dj silent assassin 11:20 PM - 5 December, 2019
Ok thanks Ja dj koolbreeze....... So Serato what’s up? Tidal just out you’ll on blast!!! I remember when there was a scratch live, there was a thing call “The Bridge” through Ableton live. Anybody remember this ? Now scratch live did a full 360 and came up with Serato Dj..... No the bridge ceases to exist!!! 🤔 Now let’s skip a few year ahead here comes tidal which is the best idea I’ve seen in years with this New innovation to not only help Dj’s but also make this job that we have more convenient and what does Serato do? “Stone Wall Us” ...... this is unacceptable and we demand action from you Serato ........ Serato am telling you we as a community is not a happy camper right now ....... if something doesn’t happens soon am just going to cancelled my subscription with tidal because I can’t keep taken risk with my music everytime I play out because of lack of offline Playing.....
djjosh 9:25 AM - 11 December, 2019
+1
sticmatic 2:59 PM - 11 December, 2019
What? This isn't implemented? wtf, serato - even fkin pulselocker had this.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Dklinckwort 1:24 AM - 1 January, 2020
Yes please!!! When I first heard about the Tidal and Serato integration I thought this was an obvious feature.
Serato, step it up!
ramba 1:45 AM - 2 January, 2020
+1
dj silent assassin 2:08 AM - 2 January, 2020
If Serato doesn’t do something about this before the month ends am cancelling my subscription.
prochno 6:34 PM - 4 January, 2020
Serato, this is an important and relevant feature for DJs around the globe. You should please consider this feature for all of us
dj silent assassin 11:46 PM - 4 January, 2020
27 days to go ...... my subscription will be cancelled until this problem is fix
popnwave 4:05 PM - 5 January, 2020
Tidal doesn't allow it yet. Bother the source.
dj silent assassin 5:29 AM - 6 January, 2020
Tidal already responded in this tread and said it wasn’t on there end to allow this, it was Serato and we still didn’t get as much as a word from Serato in this conversation
popnwave 4:14 PM - 6 January, 2020
Quote:
Tidal already responded in this tread and said it wasn’t on there end to allow this, it was Serato and we still didn’t get as much as a word from Serato in this conversation

No they didn't, that was Serato support.
dj silent assassin 5:58 PM - 6 January, 2020
Ok...... thanks for the correction.... fact still remained we need this feature ......
popnwave 6:01 PM - 6 January, 2020
Quote:
Ok...... thanks for the correction.... fact still remained we need this feature ......

Yep, that was what made Pulselocker special. If Soundcloud/Beatport/Tidal can get the clout to have labels allow that it would be great. But it's very complicated.
Oselox 8:15 PM - 7 January, 2020
+1 Serado, please add unlimited offline function for Tidal
VLADIMIR ABDALA 1:41 PM - 8 January, 2020
+1 Serato we all waiting for a answer, please!
Add unlimited offline function for Tidal.
dj silent assassin 2:26 PM - 8 January, 2020
23 days to go before my cancellation
Notausstieg 8:21 PM - 16 January, 2020
+1
BassHeadEd 7:34 PM - 21 January, 2020
Yes please add this feature, it is absolutely necessary for playing streamed songs anywhere there isn't an internet connection...which is almost everywhere that I DJ!!! (Clubs, festivals, the woods, mates garages etc etc).

I would be willing to pay a little more for it as an add on.

+10000000000000
Nore Quest 10:49 PM - 26 January, 2020
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Nore Quest 10:51 PM - 26 January, 2020
Demon DJ Prime series can play Tidal offline so give us a reason to stay loyal.
bettyridge 6:09 PM - 31 January, 2020
+1
popnwave 5:28 PM - 1 February, 2020
Quote:
Demon DJ Prime series can play Tidal offline so give us a reason to stay loyal.

Since when? The Tidal integration doesn't work offline in my setup.
Jakub Jankowski 5:19 PM - 2 February, 2020
+1 please add this feature to serato dj
Jakub Jankowski 8:51 PM - 2 February, 2020
On official tidal website is writen than if we need tidal offline we need to ask for that serato, so tidal doesn't block offline capabilities only serato doesn't want to add this function. So we have to press serato to add this function. Everybody must send an help request with this and then maybe we can make serato to ad this function.
MooseJaw 3:12 AM - 3 February, 2020
+1
dj silent assassin 7:09 PM - 3 February, 2020
As I said before I’ll be canceling my tidal account come February if this offline doesn’t get fix. Peace!!!

Tidal Support (TIDAL)
Feb 3, 11:50 AM EST

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back out to me.

I have gone ahead and cancelled your ********30a@yahoo.com account per your request. You will still have access to TIDAL until the end of your current subscription.

The collected subscription fees to-date are non-refundable. You can review our Refund Policy here:
Davster 12:39 PM - 10 February, 2020
Now just to get Spotify integration... 😑
nunationdjs 5:03 PM - 15 February, 2020
+1
Real DJ Wess 5:18 PM - 15 February, 2020
Please let us be great and unlock offline abilities.
dj silent assassin 12:31 AM - 16 February, 2020
Well seems like they don’t care about the customers......
when ever the offline player is fix I’ll sign up again .....
I’m making My stands.
DJ STRETCH - NYC 1:32 AM - 16 February, 2020
+99999999999999
masterdeeno 4:01 AM - 18 February, 2020
how many more requests? please make offline feature available.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:28 AM - 9 March, 2020
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you all. I've been in discussions with TIDAL to get a statement on this, which is: Offline Mode is currently unavailable given copyright considerations. We'd like to add this feature in the future and are working on ways to achieve this.

We would like this feature as much as you all would, but I'm afraid it's not possible currently.

Also I just wanted to clear up on a comment made earlier about other DJ software and TIDAL offline mode - no DJ software has the ability to provide TIDAL content offline (TIDAL themselves have confirmed this with me).

I know this isn't the outcome you wanted, but I wanted to make sure you were given an answer as to why. If you have any questions, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Michael.
AKIEM 9:42 PM - 9 March, 2020
Thanks Michael.
on a side note: any prospects for spodify?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:28 PM - 9 March, 2020
No worries AKIEM.

Quote:
on a side note: any prospects for spodify?

Not at the moment, but we'd love to be able to offer Spotify support!
Dj KoolBreeze 5:55 PM - 15 March, 2020
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you all. I've been in discussions with TIDAL to get a statement on this, which is: Offline Mode is currently unavailable given copyright considerations. We'd like to add this feature in the future and are working on ways to achieve this.

We would like this feature as much as you all would, but I'm afraid it's not possible currently.

Also I just wanted to clear up on a comment made earlier about other DJ software and TIDAL offline mode - no DJ software has the ability to provide TIDAL content offline (TIDAL themselves have confirmed this with me).

I know this isn't the outcome you wanted, but I wanted to make sure you were given an answer as to why. If you have any questions, please let me know :)

Cheers,
Michael.

How about tidal for pyro. I used to like pyro but its pretty much useless since i now use tidal instead of spotify and nobody really stores music on their mobile device anymore.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:58 AM - 17 March, 2020
Hi Dj KoolBreeze,
Quote:
How about tidal for pyro. I used to like pyro but its pretty much useless since i now use tidal instead of spotify and nobody really stores music on their mobile device anymore.

I'm afraid we currently have no plans to offer TIDAL support in Pyro.
squeaky2222 11:24 PM - 28 April, 2020
Thanks for the update Michael. I currently love DJing using Tidal. An offline mode would be great. Keep up the good work Serato and Tidal teams! For me DJing with Tidal brings an extra element of fun and I'll continue to use it regardless if an offline feature comes or not.
All your work is greatly appreciated! Thank you! <3
Davster 3:19 PM - 29 April, 2020
I wonder whether Serato will look at updating Pyro to use Tidal now that Spotify has announced they're killing all third party support...?

www.theverge.com
MisteuRing 3:51 PM - 5 May, 2020
ok so now RecordBox has the ability to link a stream service with offline option.

Serato, What are you gonna do ?
DAVIES 2:31 AM - 13 December, 2020
I support the above - offline mode and better usability of Tidal with Serato is really important.
+1
dj silent assassin 12:37 AM - 12 February, 2021
I cancelled my account because tidal didn't offer offline playing. Until this service is available i'll continue my cancellation.
Kike Caballer 11:37 AM - 1 September, 2021
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Michael.

Hi Michael,

It's supposed that Tidal doen't supports offline mode due to copyright considerations, but it seems not to apply this for mobile devices at the moment:

support.tidal.com
support.tidal.com

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:48 PM - 15 September, 2021
Hi Kike Caballer,

The TIDAL mobile app has been able to offline files for some time, but the desktop application and 3rd party integrations are still restricted sorry.

Cheers,
Michael.