DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SSL 2.5 - lose cue points and loop markers

Crackpipe 6:22 PM - 15 March, 2019
This has constantly been an issue with my SSL 2.5 install.

I'll set cue points and make loops in a track. The cue points and loops will be accessible when I load up the track for months and then one day I'll open up Serato and random tracks lose all there cue points and loops.

Any of you have this problem? This is extremely annoying as you can imagine.

Does SDJ have this same problem? If not, I'm considering jumping ship to SDJ.
17tr2 8:28 PM - 15 March, 2019
You may want to try locking your beat grids and enabling the protect library option. I've had that problem in the past, and that seemed to fix it.
Crackpipe 5:01 PM - 16 March, 2019
Don't know what a beatgrid is lol but I will see if protecting my library works since I always have it unprotected.

Thanks bruh
DJ Reflex 2:28 AM - 17 March, 2019
I've never seen this in SSL 2.5 - been using it since day one. Are you sure you don't have any corrupt files? You might want to try re-scanning a few of those "problem tracks".
DJ Reflex 2:32 AM - 17 March, 2019
serato.com

Read this...
DJ Reflex 2:35 AM - 17 March, 2019
And this...
serato.com
Crackpipe 4:21 PM - 17 March, 2019
Thanks Reflex and 17tr2

I have no idea why this is happening on my Macbook SSL.

I never had this problem on my old Dell Laptop from 2005 running Windows XP lol.

My library got hosed one day when I accidentally turned on have iTunes read library and then it dumped in all these songs into my library that I did not want to import. It's a complete mess with duplicate and sometimes even triplicate versions of the same song in the database.

I might just have to bite the bullet and rebuild the library from scratch. Which will be no fun since I have around 750 GB of music.
DJ Reflex 8:08 PM - 17 March, 2019
iTunes might have used "iTunes Match" to redownload some of your songs from the cloud. If that's the case, it would make sense that your cue points would be gone. Those would be new versions of the songs and not the originals (that you saved cue points). I don't think it's a Mac thing - I think it's an iTunes issue.

Good luck!