Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Where are cue points saved?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
fknchino 9:47 PM - 2 December, 2013
Where are cue points saved? are they embedded in the media file or do they get stored elsewhere such as the serato folder?
I'd also like to know how colour tags get saved aswel..

Also, how would I transfer the cue / waveform analysis information to another computer such as the Macbook Pro?
Everytime I transfer the files to my mac, I'd always have to analyze all the files again.

Thanks for your help
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:52 PM - 2 December, 2013
The cue points and the overview info (analysis info) are stored in the audio files themselves. Wherever those files go that info will go with them.
The color coding is stored within the databaseV2 file located within the _Serato_ folder either on your internal drive (if you've imported music from the internal) or external drive (if you've imported music from the external.)

Quote:
Everytime I transfer the files to my mac, I'd always have to analyze all the files again.

Try rescanning the id3 tags before clicking the analyze files tab next time. This should remind SSL of what files have been analyzed already and which ones haven't been.
fknchino 10:57 PM - 2 December, 2013
So if I were to copy the database V2 folder to the macbook pro, that would copy all the color codes even if they have slightly different songs/crates?
Thanks for the reply Zach! - always on your game
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:22 PM - 3 December, 2013
You can only read one database.
Currently you have a database that is reading what you're seeing in your MBP.
If you were to put the old database in it would read all the music that had been added to it using your other computer plus any new music you had added into crates after moving to the MBP.

So... At that point, if you had made any color codings for your files on your MBP they wouldn't show up but all the older color codings would.
8:05 AM, 18 Dec 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.