Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

QZ Files on Mojave?

djcyph1 8:33 PM - 7 February, 2019
Do they work on mojvae? I know they are broke on High Sierra and it's recommend to downgrade OSX, but I don't want to/can't.

Hoping it works on Mojave or anyone know a work around?

I'm able to get Quartz Composer working (old version) and the QZ files load in Quartz but not Serato Video.

Thanks!
popnwave 10:39 PM - 7 February, 2019
Do not think so since Apple has kicked QTZ to the curb :(
djcyph1 5:09 PM - 8 February, 2019
So Serato Support got back to me and said they don't work in Mojave and they updated the support article.

Upon further research, the QTZ files do work in MixEmergency on High Sierra so it has to be something in Serato DJ/Video.

Any techy guys out that have a work around!

Thanks!
popnwave 3:29 AM - 9 February, 2019
Damn as much as SV hasn't changed in the past 2-3 years, I am surprised you can't get them to work with it.
DJ Tecniq 7:56 PM - 9 February, 2019
Big reason why I never upgraded to Mojave. I like using qtz files so I’m on Sierra.
djcyph1 8:42 PM - 10 February, 2019
Quote:
Big reason why I never upgraded to Mojave. I like using qtz files so I’m on Sierra.

on regular sierra they work? you don't mean high sierra right?
DJ Tecniq 1:02 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

on regular sierra they work? you don't mean high sierra right?
No I originally updated to High Sierra but have video issues and i didn’t like apples new file format so i stuck with Sierra. I believe it’s high Sierra the qrtz files don’t work.
Culprit 5:02 PM - 23 February, 2019
I'd say if you guys want the best of both worlds just partition 40gbs for Yosemite and work in Yosemite for djing.