Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato won't recognize ddj sb3

jeezyweezy 5:55 PM - 7 February, 2019
When I plug in my ddj sb3, serato says it is connecting and this can take up to a minute, but then my controller doesn't work. I don't think it is an issue with the controller though and rather an issue with serato because when i play music through itunes, the music plays through the speakers connected to the controller. I've tried deleting serato and re-downloading it and deleting the controller in the midi settings but nothings worked.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 AM - 13 February, 2019
You failed to mention if you’re on Mac or Pc. If you’re on pc you need the driver.
DJ Tecniq 7:31 AM - 13 February, 2019
Correction. You mentioned iTunes so guessing you’re on Mac. Make sure the version of Serato supports you’re sb3.
Joe Matador 7:08 AM - 15 February, 2019
Can I plug in my SB3 to my SL3 and use DJ Pro or do I need another license?
DJ Tecniq 12:57 AM - 17 February, 2019
Do you have a license for the sb3? The sb3 is an entry level controller for SDJ Lite. In order to use it with SDJ Pro you need to purchase a license for it. As for your SL3 no you can’t plug your SB3 into it. They are devices independent of each other. The SL3 is plug and play hardware which works freely with SDJ. The SB3 works with lite software but is upgradable for use with DJ Pro if you purchase or have a license already.
mixsinghmusic 9:33 PM - 17 February, 2019
Quote:
When I plug in my ddj sb3, serato says it is connecting and this can take up to a minute, but then my controller doesn't work. I don't think it is an issue with the controller though and rather an issue with serato because when i play music through itunes, the music plays through the speakers connected to the controller. I've tried deleting serato and re-downloading it and deleting the controller in the midi settings but nothings worked.

Hi guys, same issue for me on DDJ-SB. It looks like the troubleshooter suggests 3 things: 1 is set the internal soundcard to the default as your own pc rather than the controller. (already tried). Then when I went to open a support ticket, it looks like the there is a known issue with windows update 1809 (see forum help here support.serato.com) - guess what - on 24th Jan my pc updated windows 10 to 1809.

So I ran the installer again, used the repair option, restarted, but still no joy. Any ideas if serato are working on a new fix because 1.1 doesnt have it!
DJ-PD 7:46 PM - 4 March, 2019
Hi all, I use a DDJ-SB3 and had the same issue as you describe. Windows 10 v1803 works as a charm but in v1809 I receive "no audio connection" no matter what I do. Using Serato DJ Pro last build 210798 which contain a bug fix for windows 10 v1809 but still no audio connection. Spent around 20h fault finding, trust me done everything. Rolled back to v1803 and all is OK again. Made a new windows installation v1809 but still same issue, tried with new audio drivers, older drivers, drivers from v1803 without any success. Late Friday (1 of March 2019) evening Swedish time when I was on my way to start downgrade to v1803 I received two new updates from Microsoft KB4482887 and KB4486553. Installed and restarted my HP Pavilion 15 (which have a internal usb webcam) and magic happend. Serato DJ Pro have a connection with SB3 hardware! I am pretty sure KB4482887 which contain some usb issue fixes solved the case. Serato support team are well informed via mail including documents, pictures and videos but I received information that this issue was probably just on my computer which I doubt. A last note, even before Microsofts KB updates DDJ-SB3 worked as a charm with another very well known dj software so I recommend Serato sw team to take a extra look as well. However hope this will help someone. Over and out /DJ-PD
DJ JulioYEG 5:19 PM - 3 April, 2019
buy a mac
DJ Tecniq 6:09 PM - 3 April, 2019
Windows = Driver issues.
Mac = All 1 party so there’s never driver problems.

On a positive note glad you’re up & running.
EULBJD 1:14 PM - 22 May, 2019
i have a DDJ-SX2 and I use Serato Pro. I recently purchased a DDJ-SB3 to travel with but the SB3 won't run on Serato Pro.
DJ Tecniq 3:12 PM - 22 May, 2019
Quote:
i have a DDJ-SX2 and I use Serato Pro. I recently purchased a DDJ-SB3 to travel with but the SB3 won't run on Serato Pro.
You need a license for the sb3 as it is a separate product other than your SX2. The sb3 is compatible with SDJ Pro but you need to purchase the license to unlock it for pro use.
EULBJD 4:48 PM - 28 May, 2019
Thanks
Dank01 1:07 PM - 19 August, 2019
I subscribed tp the sdj pro for 14.99 it still won't let me use my ddj-sb3 Did I waste money?
DJ Tecniq 3:34 PM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
I subscribed tp the sdj pro for 14.99 it still won't let me use my ddj-sb3 Did I waste money?
which version of Serato are you using? Make sure SDJ is activated in your products tab while Serato is offline.
ROYAL V 9:14 PM - 19 November, 2019
i have a serato dj licence and my sb3 will not connect
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 4:26 AM - 2 December, 2019
Quote:
bscribed tp the sdj pro for 14.99 it still won't let me use my ddj-sb3 Did I waste mone

Hey there, if you're still running into issues here I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team at support@serato.com
KaTech 12:32 PM - 13 December, 2019
I had the same issue with the ddj-sb3. I bought it 2nd hand tried to plug into lite. It said 'connecting and this can take up to a minute' then nothing happen.

The way I fixed this was I did a firmware update for the pioneer ssb3 (go to pioneer website). Even though it already had the current version, re-doing it seemed to fix the issue. Also for Pro don't forget to have valid license (or trial license) otherwise it won't work.
Dj. Rambo 6:31 PM - 28 December, 2019
Hi everyone... please i have ddj-sb3 but can't connect to my serato dj 1.9.0.23.53 of which I have licence...

Please any guidelines?

Hoping to hear from you all
Thanks
Dj. Rambo 6:34 PM - 28 December, 2019
...I uses windows....
DJ Tecniq 7:20 PM - 28 December, 2019
Quote:
Hi everyone... please i have ddj-sb3 but can't connect to my serato dj 1.9.0.23.53 of which I have licence...

Please any guidelines?

Hoping to hear from you all
Thanks
The SB3 was not supported to SDJ Pro 2.0.1 so you need this version or above -> serato.com
DJ Tecniq 7:20 PM - 28 December, 2019
Supported Till*
Nour Sayed 8:29 AM - 24 January, 2020
I have ddj SB3 yesterday and connected without sound from headphones and today can't connect the sb3 with serato and serato wouldn't cloth normal and not respond when I close it
AlexAG1 8:42 PM - 23 February, 2020
всем привет ..скажите пожалуйста .в serato dj lite есть опция по смене цвета проигранного трека ?
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 2:31 AM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
всем привет ..скажите пожалуйста .в serato dj lite есть опция по смене цвета проигранного трека ?

The color changing of played tracks is a feature that is currently only available in Serato DJ Pro.
Leónnn 1:25 PM - 10 March, 2020
I've a pioneer ddj sb 3 comptroller, and I use it on other softwares but any time I connect it with serato lite it doesn't work. How can I solve this issue.
DJ JulioYEG 8:08 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
I've a pioneer ddj sb 3 comptroller, and I use it on other softwares but any time I connect it with serato lite it doesn't work. How can I solve this issue.

why would u want to use a verison of serato with less features im at a loss for words
DJ Tecniq 9:10 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

why would u want to use a verison of serato with less features im at a loss for words
cause he prob doesn’t have a SDJ license
Leónnn 9:56 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Cos I don't have a license yet
Leónnn 9:58 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cause he prob doesn’t have a SDJ license

It's not about how to get a license but at least I need the software to work before purchasing the license
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 4:49 AM - 19 March, 2020
Quote:

You are most likely running into some connection issues here. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team at Support@Serato.com
djwaterboy 5:15 AM - 10 September, 2021
I have a DDJ SB2 and I am running into the same connection issues. I believe this is a driver issue but I can't seem to get a resolve from anyone. I have updated all the drivers several times and still nothing!