Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Using Pro then bought DDJ-SB3 then bought Pro but still in trial mode?

nollidge01 10:32 AM - 14 January, 2019
Hi all,

I was using Pro with my DS1 and Rane 62. I purchased a Pioneer DDJ-SB3 and it came with Serato DJ Lite. I paid for the upgrade to Pro and the SB3 now works with Pro and it shows as being activated. The issue is that it's still showing in trial mode with only 5 days remaining. Why would Pro stay in trial mode when I have paid for the upgrade? I am running Mac OS Yosemite and Serato 2.1. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance!
DJ Tecniq 3:13 PM - 14 January, 2019
Don’t worry the trial will expire and Pro will still be active it’s normal.
The Dance DR. 10:09 PM - 7 January, 2021
I use PRO with my DDJ-SX3, but bought a DDJ-SB3-N as a back up and to do smaller gigs can I alternate the different controllers with the PRO software I already have?
DJ Tecniq 9:18 AM - 8 January, 2021
Quote:
I use PRO with my DDJ-SX3, but bought a DDJ-SB3-N as a back up and to do smaller gigs can I alternate the different controllers with the PRO software I already have?
No. if you do not have a SDJ license then you just have hardware (SX3) that is supported freely with SDJ as a plug & play device. The SB3 is a SDJ lite device which requires a license upgrade for use w/SDJ Pro.
DESMO 6:30 PM - 14 July, 2021
I have a similar issue.. I have Pro Hardware unlocked with an SX2, just picked up a Numark DJ2Go2 Touch to use for basic set set up. The GO2 is set up for Lite and I have to pay if I want it to work with Pro. My question is can I just use Lite to set my basic cue points and assemble basic crates, then open everything in Pro when I'm on my SX2? Don't really want to pay $10 a month just for my practice/set up controller. Thanks
DJ Tecniq 12:49 AM - 15 July, 2021
Quote:
I have a similar issue.. I have Pro Hardware unlocked with an SX2, just picked up a Numark DJ2Go2 Touch to use for basic set set up. The GO2 is set up for Lite and I have to pay if I want it to work with Pro. My question is can I just use Lite to set my basic cue points and assemble basic crates, then open everything in Pro when I'm on my SX2? Don't really want to pay $10 a month just for my practice/set up controller. Thanks
have you already used the 14 day free trial with the Numark device?
István Siroki 8:53 AM - 15 July, 2021
Quote:

I have both Pro and Lite installed on my laptop and both uses the same _Serato_ folder. What I do in one carries over to the other, so it's fine. Bear in mind that Lite can handle only 4 cue points. And I analyse my songs strictly in Pro - I'm not sure if Lite would detect unsupported info like key. (Funny thing, but actually my smart crates are working too, they just don't update automatically as far as I can tell).
metroplex2005 10:30 AM - 28 July, 2021
Quote:
My question is can I just use Lite to set my basic cue points and assemble basic crates, then open everything in Pro when I'm on my SX2? Don't really want to pay $10 a month just for my practice/set up controller. Thanks

Yes.
You can install both, lite and pro.
Both share the same database.
So you can use lite with your GO2 to set and use up to 4 cuepoints, assemble crates, ect.
Or you can use pro in offline mode to set up 8 cuepoints, assemble crates, save more loops, ect.
Its all written in the same database.

Also ScratchLive is using the same Database.
Since i am still on Mojave i strictly use SSL for importing and analyze new tracks and library management.
Jedidiah 7:07 AM - 18 August, 2021
The DDJ-SB3 unlocks Serato DJ Lite out of the box and can be upgraded to be used with Serato DJ Pro with the purchase of a license or subscription. The DDJ-SB3 improves on the wildly popular DDJ-SB2 with requested hardware upgrades and also the introduction of completely new, unique features.

www.myloweslife.run