DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

S9 Killer? Reloop Elite

Gio Alex 5:50 PM - 8 January, 2019
Chino 6:00 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
djworx.com

Reloop reminds me of Vestax at their prime!
Gio Alex 6:03 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

That's a great point. Vestax was banging out so many things the competition was ignoring in the past.
WildcardX 6:34 PM - 8 January, 2019
Apart from the disagreement with the functions in my opinion and the lack of paddles which isn't that bad really, the Elite is everything that the S9 should have been with the functions like the USB Hub and the LED display for the loop, and the switch for Stereo/Mono for the booth output (that could have been on the rear panel though; and the elephant in the room....independent buttons to switch the function of the pads separately. ...I have high hopes for this mixer and even it's great price point of $1299.99.....
Mr. Goodkat 8:15 PM - 8 January, 2019
no onboard delay or reverb, not a fan of that
Gio Alex 8:16 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:

I think they're going for all software FX via serato
Mr. Goodkat 8:24 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think they're going for all software FX via serato

seems like a basic reverb and delay are a no brainer.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:37 PM - 8 January, 2019
depends on how good the effects are on the elite, sure isnt the s9 only 1-200 more then this mixer
dj_soo 11:28 PM - 8 January, 2019
It’s going to be software effects only - like the Mixars duo or the 61.

Which isn’t great since most of the serato effects are mediocre.
dj_soo 11:31 PM - 8 January, 2019
I feel like if it comes down to around $1000, this will be a steal.

Hardware effects aside, it’s superior to the s9 Imo. Independent pad modes, USB hub, innofaders on all three faders (rather than having the premium fader only on the crossfader like the s9), more robust software effect controls (albeit for the inferior serato effects), hell even the loop knob is preferable to me than the halving and doubling buttons for loops.
Mr. Goodkat 12:22 AM - 9 January, 2019
anybody heard one of the reloops sound quality. i'm having trouble giving up my rane 62 because ive been doing a bass music nite(grime, footwork, electro(real electro) for the last year and it sounds so much better than a pioneer.
dj_soo 1:48 AM - 9 January, 2019
I’ve never heard them, but I’ve also never heard bad things about the sound quality.

Low end wise, it’s hard to beat the sound of Rane gear.

Closest is maybe Allen and heath and maybe the Roland controllers,

I hear good things about the sound quality of Mixars stuff as well.

Chances are, if you want that Rane sound with a more modern mixer, the 72 is your best bet. I did some comparisons between my 62 and 72 and while they were close, I think the 72 had the edge in overall smoothness and punch.
Mr. Goodkat 4:38 AM - 9 January, 2019
been hearing good things about the sound of a 72, but i refuse to use that touch screen
dj_soo 4:59 AM - 9 January, 2019
it's not so bad once you get used to it. It's definitely not great and feels very superfluous - like it's half-baked in implementation, but outside of the choppy waveforms, it's mainly used for reading information than being a huge part of the control scheme. It could actually do to have more functionality put in - maybe with a firmware update.
WildcardX 2:39 PM - 9 January, 2019
Yeah, I have noticed many DJs using the Seventy-Two don't have waveforms and may have some effects functions shown there but it's just there to be accessed really so you use it however you see fit so maybe the touch screen shouldn't be a concern. The Sound quality of Rane stuff is better than Pioneer in my opinion and I have an S9 and I think this is enough to go for it plus the added advantages as well.
Gio Alex 3:00 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
It’s going to be software effects only - like the Mixars duo or the 61.

Which isn’t great since most of the serato effects are mediocre.

True, however there are few to no serato dvs mixers, with 2 usb ports, and usb dock ports, full pads and parameter knobs for that price. Come to think of it zero exist for this price point.
Gio Alex 3:01 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

Hardware effects aside, it’s superior to the s9 Imo. Independent pad modes, USB hub, innofaders on all three faders (rather than having the premium fader only on the crossfader like the s9), more robust software effect controls (albeit for the inferior serato effects), hell even the loop knob is preferable to me than the halving and doubling buttons for loops.

Quote:

Good points. At 1000 though would retailers make a profit? I will admit too though, at 1K it's game over for a lot of serato DVS mixers.
05spoof 4:41 PM - 9 January, 2019
Suprised they chose the old cueing system. Is there a big cost difference between this flavor and the ones found on 62/72/900?
Gio Alex 4:43 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Suprised they chose the old cueing system. Is there a big cost difference between this flavor and the ones found on 62/72/900?

Why do people not like the old cueing system?I love the cueing on my 57SL and 909. Not really a fan of the cueing on the DJM flagship series though. Maybe that's just me.
05spoof 4:52 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Why do people not like the old cueing system?I love the cueing on my 57SL and 909. Not really a fan of the cueing on the DJM flagship series though. Maybe that's just me.

HAHA...It's not that I don't like them. It's just I've been relying on headphones more lately for monitoring instead of using them just for cueing.
Gio Alex 5:01 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HAHA...It's not that I don't like them. It's just I've been relying on headphones more lately for monitoring instead of using them just for cueing.

Ahhhh ok i see.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 6:24 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

Yes but where are they now?
The question I would ask is how does the world in general fell about ReLoop products and company?
I just don't see people using or owning them so it makes me wonder if people like what they see but still shy away from them?
dj_soo 6:40 AM - 10 January, 2019
I hear they are a bit more popular in EU since they are a german company.

Much like Numark though, they have the rep of being beginner to mid-level gear with a handful of higher end offerings.

A lot of their gear review pretty well tho - especially their turntables even if they are just another Hanpin deck.

This new mixer is pretty badass tho and if it had been available when I got the 72, I might have seriously considered it.
Gio Alex 4:41 PM - 10 January, 2019
if you want a fully featured serato mixer for a fair price this is where it's at. The usb hub part is great too, along with the two soundcards. props to them for adding that. If it made sense for me to buy a mixer I'd consider it. This would also be a nice club/bar serato mixer alternative.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:10 PM - 11 January, 2019
This mixer is definitely on my radar for a next purchase.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 11:01 PM - 11 January, 2019
Ever since they showed us the Reloop Touch I have been thinking that Reloop is very hungry right now and trying to go after any and all available dollars.

Te question is will it work or be their undoin?
dj_soo 7:27 PM - 28 February, 2019
DJ Irv 7:36 PM - 28 February, 2019
In my opinion any mixer with FX has to have toggle switches.
dj_soo 9:08 PM - 28 February, 2019
Does it? I played fine on the 62 for years and there wasn’t anything the S9 could do with the toggles that the 62 couldn’t effect wise. It’s just a different workflow.

The reloop has temp buttons where the effect only triggers when the button is depressed so functionality is the same although the placement isn’t as convenient as the triggers on the s9 or 72
djvtyme85 8:40 PM - 1 March, 2019
As a S9 owner the thing that it lacks is independent pad mode and more importantly a usb hub. I often take my cdjs out and i use them in HID not with time code so a hub would make this a great alternative mixer. But I already brought a Mixars Duo to serve that purpose. So in my case this would be cool to have but there is no real reason for me to buy it.
Gio Alex 8:44 PM - 1 March, 2019
It does have a usb hub. Did you look at the back of it?
dj_soo 11:20 PM - 1 March, 2019
think he's talking about the S9.

Every single time I play on the S9, the lack of independent pad modes just pisses me off. Don't understand how people can put up with that.
Gio Alex 2:25 AM - 2 March, 2019
Ahhhhhh ok gotcha
Gio Alex 2:26 AM - 2 March, 2019
The funny thing is every mixer since the Z2 should’ve had a usb hub. Pioneer loves to exclude features. Never understood that.
dj_soo 2:36 AM - 2 March, 2019
Coming soon - pioneer branded USB hub with exclusive “make rekordbox better” technology.

$350z
Gio Alex 3:00 AM - 2 March, 2019
Oooof they would too
WildcardX 1:02 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Coming soon - pioneer branded USB hub with exclusive “make rekordbox better” technology.

$350z

Following that Apple model right here.
djvtyme85 5:44 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
think he's talking about the S9.

Every single time I play on the S9, the lack of independent pad modes just pisses me off. Don't understand how people can put up with that.

yep i was talking about the s9. which is why when i working solo i use the mixars and cdjs bc it makes using HID easier not having to use an external hub.
Gio Alex 1:29 PM - 5 March, 2019
Never understood why they didn’t match the FX parameters like the layout on the controllers or the SP1 I love the layering of FX, 3 knobs- 3 buttons. I could never wrap head around that on the S9, the serato Fx section.
GusGomez 4:13 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Never understood why they didn’t match the FX parameters like the layout on the controllers or the SP1 I love the layering of FX, 3 knobs- 3 buttons. I could never wrap head around that on the S9, the serato Fx section.

I hate how they have the effects on the SZ because when cuing you could here the music even when Echo out or Brake is on and I've had a couple times where i thought i was mixing in the next song only to find out the effects (echo out or Brake) are on and i have no sound very very annoying....one of the reasons i hate the SZ is because of that...the non independent Pad mode is what makes the S9 annoying to use.
DJ JulioYEG 10:02 PM - 14 March, 2019
still no reviews for the elite on yt...
dj_soo 10:28 PM - 14 March, 2019
is it even out yet? Even if it just got made available, most reviewers want at least a week on the unit if not more to get a detailed review.
DJ JulioYEG 10:32 PM - 14 March, 2019
Quote:
is it even out yet? Even if it just got made available, most reviewers want at least a week on the unit if not more to get a detailed review.

been out here in can for a min out of stock everywhere
DJCarlitosWave 4:28 PM - 13 May, 2019
Do you guys think it's possible to play the Rane Twelves on the Reloop Elite Mixer? Not a fan of the 72 and looking for an alternative that does not require using USB hubs.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:58 PM - 13 May, 2019
If the elite has USB like the 72 it will work the same there is nothing special about the 72 it just has a hub built it
Gio Alex 7:55 PM - 13 May, 2019
Yeah i believe it's just a USB hub.. lot of mixes should just include that more these days.
Raffa333 12:11 AM - 31 May, 2019
Guys, a little help here. So i bought the reloop elite... Came home with much excitement only to realise that serato dj does not support elite and we have to wait until the next version is realised. Serato advised they dont know when this is. Geez so im starting at this beatiful mixer and i cant do didily squat with it. I think i already know the answer but is there anything i can do to get me playing.
Laz219 12:58 AM - 31 May, 2019
That's a bit weird really, considering this the elite was built as a Serato mixer from the start and meant to release basically 3 months ago... For the software to not be finalized.
I hadn't even noticed that the Elite doesn't show on SDJs hardware page.
Kinda seems like something has gone wrong there.

If there is no official support, you'd need an SL/DS interface to at least get SDJ open and then map what you can manually.
Laz219 1:12 AM - 31 May, 2019
Where did you actually buy from?
I just had a look through a heap of websites and all are showing either "preorder" or out of stock.

I can't find anything official that says so but that makes me think the mixer is delayed at the moment and maybe the store you bought from was meant to be holding their stock?
dj scottie b 1:45 AM - 31 May, 2019
i asked sales about a month ago.
they said July.
reason?
serato integration was where they wanted it yet and since
that was basically THE selling point, it had to get pushed back.
Raffa333 2:47 AM - 31 May, 2019
I bought it from DJ City in Dandenong.. They still have a few left.
Thanks Laz219. I thought as much it would be the case.

Scottie - That really sucks and now we have to wait..
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:47 AM - 31 May, 2019
Hi Raffa333,

Sorry to hear about your predicament! Some stores have received the Reloop ELITE, but it was embargoed and not supposed to be released for sale until the software was ready. From what I understand, a store in Australia sold 3 units ahead of this and unfortunately you're one of those. I can't give you a date sorry, but the good news is that the release is not far away!

Cheers,
Michael.
Raffa333 4:23 AM - 31 May, 2019
Lol really... I feel privilaged then in a way.. Guess i will just have to wait.

Thanks Michael.
DJ Jonasty 5:33 AM - 31 May, 2019
Good to see Melbourne is on the cutting edge of DJ releases!
Laz219 9:52 AM - 31 May, 2019
DJcity was actually one of the shops I noticed showing no stock (I'm in Melbourne as well so it usually shows up first in my searches)

Didn't realise there were so many Melbourne people on here.
Ollie 6:48 PM - 31 May, 2019
Quote:
That's a bit weird really, considering this the elite was built as a Serato mixer from the start and meant to release basically 3 months ago... For the software to not be finalized.
I hadn't even noticed that the Elite doesn't show on SDJs hardware page.
Kinda seems like something has gone wrong there.

If there is no official support, you'd need an SL/DS interface to at least get SDJ open and then map what you can manually.

Have you tried downloading and using it anyway? It might still work cause they were using with Serato during the NAMM convention. Might be missing some functions but you can stil get on with it. Let us know if you try it.
Raffa333 4:56 AM - 2 June, 2019
Quote:
Hi Raffa333,

Sorry to hear about your predicament! Some stores have received the Reloop ELITE, but it was embargoed and not supposed to be released for sale until the software was ready. From what I understand, a store in Australia sold 3 units ahead of this and unfortunately you're one of those. I can't give you a date sorry, but the good news is that the release is not far away!

Cheers,
Michael.
Thanks Michael
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:25 AM - 4 June, 2019
No worries! I hope you enjoy it once it's up and running :)

Quote:
Have you tried downloading and using it anyway? It might still work cause they were using with Serato during the NAMM convention. Might be missing some functions but you can stil get on with it. Let us know if you try it.

This won't work sorry, you'll need to wait for the new release. The builds used at NAMM were prototype builds for Reloop only.
djlupu 3:19 PM - 4 June, 2019
Any reviews/pros and cons for Reloop Elite?

Thanks
slimmjimm 6:22 PM - 4 June, 2019
Well, what’s the build quality like? Care to maybe post a vid review of what is available?
Raffa333 12:58 AM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:

Thanks

Hey, I dont have much to report. I have the reloop. It does not connect with Dj Pro so cant get any functionality.
I can tell you that the look, feel and building quality is right up with the S9 and Rane 72. The buttons, pads and knobs are all of the same quality of what you would expect in a strong robust mixer. The overall weight is decent too.
Hmm only gripe so far is that RCA inputs were tight as hell to plug in. Had to use some force in a couple of the inputs.
This is really hard for me... I am staring at a mixer which i cant use and it kills me that i cant connect it up. Hanging for that next serato release.
Raffa333 1:02 AM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Well, what’s the build quality like? Care to maybe post a vid review of what is available?

I went to look at the s9 and Rane 72. Played with both of them from a build quality perspective and the Reloop is of a same nature. I dont think Reloop took any short cuts on the build quality from what i can see. Its strong and sturdy. Everything from a hardware point stacks up to me. I tried to connect but no support yet. So i tried to connect my SL3 and use the Reloop like a normal mixer just to get going but im running into OS issues with my current version of MAC so need to investigate that further with Serato support.
All i can comment on is the hardware so far and its a YES from me.
YZ 7:03 PM - 6 June, 2019
Well there's your end game. I can plug an S9 or 72 into and SL3 and it works fine, how is the Elite killing anything when it don't even work?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:56 PM - 6 June, 2019
hating on anything that isn't rane again, when 2.2 drops as just teased by serato the elite will be supported and reloop said main release is end of month of the Elite,

and if you read his post he is having issues with the sl3 not the mixer, but that rane cock is so far up your ass that its coming out of your mouth
Raffa333 4:12 AM - 7 June, 2019
Quote:
Well there's your end game. I can plug an S9 or 72 into and SL3 and it works fine, how is the Elite killing anything when it don't even work?

Dude, Im pretty sure all is going to be rockin when the update comes out.. I was told at the place i bought it from they were not suppose to sell the mixer to me as they needed to wait for the relesae. I messaged Serato and they told me i slipped through the cracks and should not have been allowed to buy it. So just a waiting game now dude... The only thing that is an issue is looking at this awesome mixer and not being able to use it. :(
dj_soo 5:33 AM - 7 June, 2019
how's the sound quality on it?
deci.pher 5:32 PM - 14 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Hey, I dont have much to report. I have the reloop. It does not connect with Dj Pro so cant get any functionality.
I can tell you that the look, feel and building quality is right up with the S9 and Rane 72. The buttons, pads and knobs are all of the same quality of what you would expect in a strong robust mixer. The overall weight is decent too.
Hmm only gripe so far is that RCA inputs were tight as hell to plug in. Had to use some force in a couple of the inputs.
This is really hard for me... I am staring at a mixer which i cant use and it kills me that i cant connect it up. Hanging for that next serato release.

question: can the mixer be used as a standard NON DVS mixer? with just 2 turntables and normal vinyl or not? does it only work if it is connected to a PC or what...
Gio Alex 6:51 PM - 14 June, 2019
Quote:
question: can the mixer be used as a standard NON DVS mixer? with just 2 turntables and normal vinyl or not? does it only work if it is connected to a PC or what...

Of course it can. It’s still a mixer at the end of the day. A dvs ready or enable mixer is still a mixer.
Daniel_F 12:18 PM - 17 June, 2019
It's happening serato.com :)
Gio Alex 12:37 PM - 17 June, 2019
Quote:
It's happening serato.com :)

Nice!!!
Laz219 12:42 PM - 17 June, 2019
I was really tempted by the Elite....
Now I'm kinda wondering about the scratch.

I never play out anymore, so it's more just about what I can justify the price of to play with.
lyricalb26 12:51 AM - 19 June, 2019
I've seen insides of s9 cheap components understatement your buying faders and midi controller apart from that 88p board inside
DJ JulioYEG 10:16 PM - 19 June, 2019
no hardware fx or paddles on the elite is a no from me
dj_soo 5:02 AM - 20 June, 2019
It does have both a latch button and a temp button for effects so functionally behaves the same as the paddles. No hardware effects is a bit of a bummer, but it’s also like $300 cheaper than the s9 and offers better functionality in other respects.
DJ JulioYEG 8:57 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
It does have both a latch button

wheres the latch switch? like a s9 or a 72? i dont see it
RonDu 9:14 PM - 20 June, 2019
That Numark is very tempting. I love the S9 so I am pretty sure I will like the Scratch. Especially at that price range
dj_soo 9:21 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
It does have both a latch button

wheres the latch switch? like a s9 or a 72? i dont see it

It's not a latch like a paddle - there's two buttons for the effects:

One that's an on/off switch which essentially "latches" the effect on and off, and next to it is the Hold button which only engages the effect if the button is held down. Functionality wise, it's the same as a paddle where pushing up keeps it on, and pulling down only engages the effect temporarily.
DJ Alibi 2:35 AM - 22 June, 2019
i was wondering about the "onboard" fx, or "tweak fx" can it be used in non-serato or just vinyl record mode... wish there was a manual somewhere..
dj_soo 2:53 AM - 22 June, 2019
all the literature says the effects are all just the serato internal effects which can't be used on external sources
monchi 9:17 AM - 22 June, 2019
dj_soo 8:02 PM - 22 June, 2019

Guess I was wrong - that’s good to know - too bad you’ll still need a laptop hooked up tho
monchi 1:10 AM - 25 June, 2019
Using the Serato effects with vinyl is pretty sweet. So if this Elite had onboard effects would it give the 72 a run for it money at 1100.00?
dj_soo 2:14 AM - 25 June, 2019
price would likely go up for some hardware effects.

Looks like a sweet mixer. Between the 72 and this, I'm not sure which I'd choose, but I got the 72 at a discount.

Between this and the S9, I'd choose the Elite all day if only for the independent pad functions.
WildcardX 1:41 PM - 25 June, 2019
Quote:
price would likely go up for some hardware effects.

Looks like a sweet mixer. Between the 72 and this, I'm not sure which I'd choose, but I got the 72 at a discount.

Between this and the S9, I'd choose the Elite all day if only for the independent pad functions.

Really wished Pioneer DJ had given us some solution via firmware for independent pad mode. I was living with it for a while since I got the S9 like 2 years ago till recently smack in the middle of a mix I had the Roll on and needed to jump pack to a cue point on the other deck and I was like "UGH!".
Djkom 10:47 AM - 26 June, 2019
Serato made a smart quick move by launching Numark Scratch and Reloop.
With the Rane 72, Serato isnow offering from low end to high end scratch mixers.
There's less room for Pioneer to launch a S9 mk2 or more like a a R9 or even a R3/R7 (low/mid end), really wondering how Pioneer will answer.
Gio Alex 1:38 PM - 26 June, 2019
That's a good point, however to be fair they did release the S3. Which at the time, I believe was the least expensive Serato mixer with XLRs and so on. I don't really count the Akai as a mixer mixer, if that makes sense.
YZ 9:41 PM - 26 June, 2019
Quote:
hating on anything that isn't rane again, when 2.2 drops as just teased by serato the elite will be supported and reloop said main release is end of month of the Elite,

and if you read his post he is having issues with the sl3 not the mixer, but that rane cock is so far up your ass that its coming out of your mouth

But I just bought a used S9, why you so mean? With your lies and all?
Matt Sherman 2:08 AM - 27 June, 2019
What do y'all mean by independent pad mode?
Matt Sherman 2:15 AM - 27 June, 2019
I just got what y'all mean by independent pad modes. One thing i'll say though is that the mixer looks too busy!
dj_soo 4:40 AM - 27 June, 2019
Quote:
I had the Roll on and needed to jump pack to a cue point on the other deck and I was like "UGH!".

At least you didn't have cue on and were trying to roll.
WildcardX 2:10 PM - 27 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I had the Roll on and needed to jump pack to a cue point on the other deck and I was like "UGH!".

At least you didn't have cue on and were trying to roll.

Yeah that happened as well when I was learning to live with it.
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 4:53 PM - 27 June, 2019
Has anybody seen an S9 with rotary pots?
monchi 4:19 PM - 2 July, 2019
When is the Elite going on sale?
dj_soo 8:29 AM - 6 July, 2019
so now that the software is out, how's the mixer?
monchi 5:47 AM - 9 July, 2019
Why die Reloop have any videos up on their Instagram?
Way to promote.
Laz219 7:16 AM - 9 July, 2019
Yeah... Everything I can see is with a Rane on their page.
Logisticalstyles 12:34 PM - 9 July, 2019
They have videos on their Youtube page.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
monchi 1:53 AM - 11 July, 2019
Logisticalstyles thanks I’ve seen those. I was asking about recent ones. Thanks
DJ Ritchie Rick's 2:47 PM - 15 July, 2019
I have Rane sixty one in my house someone want to sell for me reloop rmp1 can it work best for my digital connection? Please help know before I bought it .
DJ Ritchie Rick's 2:49 PM - 15 July, 2019
How can I use effects using my Rane sixty one?
dj_soo 3:13 AM - 24 July, 2019
new DJ angelo vid: Watchwww.youtube.com
Matt Sherman 10:46 PM - 26 July, 2019
Quote:
new DJ angelo vid: Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice!
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:36 AM - 30 July, 2019
FYI, Independent pad modes are available for ALL hardware devices as of SDJ 2.1.1, it's not limited to use with the Elite.
dj_soo 2:17 AM - 30 July, 2019
that's just for use in conjunction with a separate controller tho right? Like using an Elite with an SP1.

The discussion here is more being able to have each side be different pad modes - which isn't available for the S9? Or has that been added?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:34 AM - 30 July, 2019
Quote:
that's just for use in conjunction with a separate controller tho right? Like using an Elite with an SP1.

The discussion here is more being able to have each side be different pad modes - which isn't available for the S9? Or has that been added?

Yeah, you're right, that's just a limitation of the way the S9 works unfortunately. I forgot it only has one pad mode button.

Any primary device or accessory can now have a pad mode independent of the other devices connected (and independent of the other decks), provided the device has a pad mode control for each deck.

Again, you're right that you could use the DDJ-SP1 (or another accessory) with the S9 and have different pad modes on each device but the S9 will only ever display a single pad mode for both decks (unless Pioneer is able to update the firmware to have deck independent pad controls).
J Moak 12:20 AM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
Do you guys think it's possible to play the Rane Twelves on the Reloop Elite Mixer? Not a fan of the 72 and looking for an alternative that does not require using USB hubs.

Yes. I have Mixars Duo mkII and I use the 12’s with them.
djlupu 6:35 PM - 3 December, 2019
Anyone got the reloop elite? any thoughts,reviews, issues? I'm interested in comparison to rane 72
Gio Alex 6:43 PM - 3 December, 2019
Quote:
Anyone got the reloop elite? any thoughts,reviews, issues? I'm interested in comparison to rane 72

I dunno ‘bout that comparison. I’d prolly jump straight to Rane. I doubt anyone copped the reloop though.
J Moak 6:51 PM - 3 December, 2019
Quote:

This isn’t a comparison but I have the Elite and am happy with it. I admit I haven’t used the 72 but the Elite works plug and play with my Rane 12’s. For me the only thing I wish the Elite had was the dual microphones Like the 72 because I’ve been using this set up for weddings too. I’m sure it’s one of the reasons it was much cheaper than the 72. I couldn’t justify the extra $600 based on MY needs which I understand differ from dj to dj.
Gio Alex 6:53 PM - 3 December, 2019
Imagine it’s a better deal price wise than the S9 though at least.
J Moak 7:29 PM - 3 December, 2019
I liked idea of the built in hub over the s9 and I liked the price over the 72. My first controller was a Reloop so it was somewhat of a nostalgic purchase as well lol. I liked the idea of having something different than most people.
Gio Alex 7:31 PM - 3 December, 2019
Yeah the built in hub was smart. In all honestly they should all have it. The NI Z2 had that years ago!
DJ JulioYEG 7:37 PM - 3 December, 2019
i would never get a 72 that screen is too fucky and in the moment changing fx is too quirky. The elite is okay no paddle to engage fx and also only serato fx no hardware.
DJ JulioYEG 7:38 PM - 3 December, 2019
if your interested in the hub the duo n quattro by mixars has it. how ever id pick a 62 over anything other then a s9
J Moak 7:43 PM - 3 December, 2019
I had the duo mkII great mixer for price!
Gio Alex 7:47 PM - 3 December, 2019
USB hubs should just be standard now on mixers. Especially flagship ones
J Moak 7:52 PM - 3 December, 2019
Agreed!
dj_soo 10:45 PM - 3 December, 2019
I'm happy with my 72, but I really want to give a go at trying the Reloop.

Just from looking at it, I'd already prefer it over the S9.
slimmjimm 1:58 AM - 4 December, 2019
I have it, I like but don’t love it. I really wanted the 72, but I didn’t trust the screen. The hub is clutch though for sure, and I use it for my Twelves.

I don’t think you could really go wrong if you picked it, but it doesn’t seem so widely adopted, so that makes me question improvements and future support.

It’s a different workflow than my 62. As dumb as it sounds, my major gripe is the filter doesn’t fully kill, just like Pioneer.

I had to return my first after I got it out of the box because one side of pads didn’t work. Overall it’s solid, and the price feature wise is nice.
Gio Alex 2:01 AM - 4 December, 2019
I think reloop is just more known in uk as opposed to us.
slimmjimm 2:05 AM - 4 December, 2019
Quote:
I think reloop is just more known in uk as opposed to us.

True, I felt “safe” with the company overall, but it still looks like there is only a few answers when it comes up if people have it.

Maybe it’s mixer envy. IDK.
J Moak 2:14 AM - 4 December, 2019
I actually really wanted the 72 but the price difference was almost one months mortgage payment lol. My gripe with the Elite initially was the look. I feel it looks “busy” but now I quite like the look. I also agree with slimmjimm that the filter setting is weak! Reloop support says its fully customizable I’m just lazy and haven’t done it yet. The “white noise” Tweak fx is pretty dope and I use that more now.
djlupu 6:40 PM - 20 February, 2020
Thanks guys for the info

I'm more into scratching and turntablism, for me crossfaders and the sound quality are the 2 big reasons in buying a mixer.

I've heard a lot of (scratching) dj's complaining about the heavy faders in 72 - mag3.

Rellop uses inno's, but i'm not that sure about the sound quality.
Also already saw some minor issues with the rellop crossfaders - not being able to adjust the cut lower then 2 - 3 millimeters - but i think it's just a small amount of mixers on the market with this issue.

Thinking about to get the reloop next month, but also considering the new rane seventy as they came out with mag4 crossfaders 60% lighter then the mag3 in seventy two.

Once i decide and purchase one or the other i will get back with a review.

Thanks
J Moak 9:36 PM - 20 February, 2020
The Rane 70 has 2 mics that might have been a game changer for me. The sound quality with the Elite is great I wouldn’t let that fear stop you.
dj_soo 11:51 PM - 20 February, 2020
Mag4 on the 70 is supposed to be much improved and feels a lot closer to the old 62 fader.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:15 AM - 21 February, 2020
you must all have arthritis because i've used the 72 many times and i don;'t think the faders are too heavy