DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

S9 Killer? Reloop Elite

Gio Alex 5:50 PM - 8 January, 2019
Chino 6:00 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
djworx.com

Reloop reminds me of Vestax at their prime!
Gio Alex 6:03 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

That's a great point. Vestax was banging out so many things the competition was ignoring in the past.
WildcardX 6:34 PM - 8 January, 2019
Apart from the disagreement with the functions in my opinion and the lack of paddles which isn't that bad really, the Elite is everything that the S9 should have been with the functions like the USB Hub and the LED display for the loop, and the switch for Stereo/Mono for the booth output (that could have been on the rear panel though; and the elephant in the room....independent buttons to switch the function of the pads separately. ...I have high hopes for this mixer and even it's great price point of $1299.99.....
Mr. Goodkat 8:15 PM - 8 January, 2019
no onboard delay or reverb, not a fan of that
Gio Alex 8:16 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:

I think they're going for all software FX via serato
Mr. Goodkat 8:24 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think they're going for all software FX via serato

seems like a basic reverb and delay are a no brainer.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:37 PM - 8 January, 2019
depends on how good the effects are on the elite, sure isnt the s9 only 1-200 more then this mixer
dj_soo 11:28 PM - 8 January, 2019
It’s going to be software effects only - like the Mixars duo or the 61.

Which isn’t great since most of the serato effects are mediocre.
dj_soo 11:31 PM - 8 January, 2019
I feel like if it comes down to around $1000, this will be a steal.

Hardware effects aside, it’s superior to the s9 Imo. Independent pad modes, USB hub, innofaders on all three faders (rather than having the premium fader only on the crossfader like the s9), more robust software effect controls (albeit for the inferior serato effects), hell even the loop knob is preferable to me than the halving and doubling buttons for loops.
Mr. Goodkat 12:22 AM - 9 January, 2019
anybody heard one of the reloops sound quality. i'm having trouble giving up my rane 62 because ive been doing a bass music nite(grime, footwork, electro(real electro) for the last year and it sounds so much better than a pioneer.
dj_soo 1:48 AM - 9 January, 2019
I’ve never heard them, but I’ve also never heard bad things about the sound quality.

Low end wise, it’s hard to beat the sound of Rane gear.

Closest is maybe Allen and heath and maybe the Roland controllers,

I hear good things about the sound quality of Mixars stuff as well.

Chances are, if you want that Rane sound with a more modern mixer, the 72 is your best bet. I did some comparisons between my 62 and 72 and while they were close, I think the 72 had the edge in overall smoothness and punch.
Mr. Goodkat 4:38 AM - 9 January, 2019
been hearing good things about the sound of a 72, but i refuse to use that touch screen
dj_soo 4:59 AM - 9 January, 2019
it's not so bad once you get used to it. It's definitely not great and feels very superfluous - like it's half-baked in implementation, but outside of the choppy waveforms, it's mainly used for reading information than being a huge part of the control scheme. It could actually do to have more functionality put in - maybe with a firmware update.
WildcardX 2:39 PM - 9 January, 2019
Yeah, I have noticed many DJs using the Seventy-Two don't have waveforms and may have some effects functions shown there but it's just there to be accessed really so you use it however you see fit so maybe the touch screen shouldn't be a concern. The Sound quality of Rane stuff is better than Pioneer in my opinion and I have an S9 and I think this is enough to go for it plus the added advantages as well.
Gio Alex 3:00 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
It’s going to be software effects only - like the Mixars duo or the 61.

Which isn’t great since most of the serato effects are mediocre.

True, however there are few to no serato dvs mixers, with 2 usb ports, and usb dock ports, full pads and parameter knobs for that price. Come to think of it zero exist for this price point.
Gio Alex 3:01 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

Hardware effects aside, it’s superior to the s9 Imo. Independent pad modes, USB hub, innofaders on all three faders (rather than having the premium fader only on the crossfader like the s9), more robust software effect controls (albeit for the inferior serato effects), hell even the loop knob is preferable to me than the halving and doubling buttons for loops.

Quote:

Good points. At 1000 though would retailers make a profit? I will admit too though, at 1K it's game over for a lot of serato DVS mixers.
05spoof 4:41 PM - 9 January, 2019
Suprised they chose the old cueing system. Is there a big cost difference between this flavor and the ones found on 62/72/900?
Gio Alex 4:43 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Suprised they chose the old cueing system. Is there a big cost difference between this flavor and the ones found on 62/72/900?

Why do people not like the old cueing system?I love the cueing on my 57SL and 909. Not really a fan of the cueing on the DJM flagship series though. Maybe that's just me.
05spoof 4:52 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Why do people not like the old cueing system?I love the cueing on my 57SL and 909. Not really a fan of the cueing on the DJM flagship series though. Maybe that's just me.

HAHA...It's not that I don't like them. It's just I've been relying on headphones more lately for monitoring instead of using them just for cueing.
Gio Alex 5:01 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HAHA...It's not that I don't like them. It's just I've been relying on headphones more lately for monitoring instead of using them just for cueing.

Ahhhh ok i see.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 6:24 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

Yes but where are they now?
The question I would ask is how does the world in general fell about ReLoop products and company?
I just don't see people using or owning them so it makes me wonder if people like what they see but still shy away from them?
dj_soo 6:40 AM - 10 January, 2019
I hear they are a bit more popular in EU since they are a german company.

Much like Numark though, they have the rep of being beginner to mid-level gear with a handful of higher end offerings.

A lot of their gear review pretty well tho - especially their turntables even if they are just another Hanpin deck.

This new mixer is pretty badass tho and if it had been available when I got the 72, I might have seriously considered it.
Gio Alex 4:41 PM - 10 January, 2019
if you want a fully featured serato mixer for a fair price this is where it's at. The usb hub part is great too, along with the two soundcards. props to them for adding that. If it made sense for me to buy a mixer I'd consider it. This would also be a nice club/bar serato mixer alternative.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:10 PM - 11 January, 2019
This mixer is definitely on my radar for a next purchase.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 11:01 PM - 11 January, 2019
Ever since they showed us the Reloop Touch I have been thinking that Reloop is very hungry right now and trying to go after any and all available dollars.

Te question is will it work or be their undoin?
dj_soo 7:27 PM - 28 February, 2019
DJ Irv 7:36 PM - 28 February, 2019
In my opinion any mixer with FX has to have toggle switches.
dj_soo 9:08 PM - 28 February, 2019
Does it? I played fine on the 62 for years and there wasn’t anything the S9 could do with the toggles that the 62 couldn’t effect wise. It’s just a different workflow.

The reloop has temp buttons where the effect only triggers when the button is depressed so functionality is the same although the placement isn’t as convenient as the triggers on the s9 or 72
djvtyme85 8:40 PM - 1 March, 2019
As a S9 owner the thing that it lacks is independent pad mode and more importantly a usb hub. I often take my cdjs out and i use them in HID not with time code so a hub would make this a great alternative mixer. But I already brought a Mixars Duo to serve that purpose. So in my case this would be cool to have but there is no real reason for me to buy it.
Gio Alex 8:44 PM - 1 March, 2019
It does have a usb hub. Did you look at the back of it?
dj_soo 11:20 PM - 1 March, 2019
think he's talking about the S9.

Every single time I play on the S9, the lack of independent pad modes just pisses me off. Don't understand how people can put up with that.
Gio Alex 2:25 AM - 2 March, 2019
Ahhhhhh ok gotcha
Gio Alex 2:26 AM - 2 March, 2019
The funny thing is every mixer since the Z2 should’ve had a usb hub. Pioneer loves to exclude features. Never understood that.
dj_soo 2:36 AM - 2 March, 2019
Coming soon - pioneer branded USB hub with exclusive “make rekordbox better” technology.

$350z
Gio Alex 3:00 AM - 2 March, 2019
Oooof they would too
WildcardX 1:02 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Coming soon - pioneer branded USB hub with exclusive “make rekordbox better” technology.

$350z

Following that Apple model right here.
djvtyme85 5:44 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
think he's talking about the S9.

Every single time I play on the S9, the lack of independent pad modes just pisses me off. Don't understand how people can put up with that.

yep i was talking about the s9. which is why when i working solo i use the mixars and cdjs bc it makes using HID easier not having to use an external hub.
Gio Alex 1:29 PM - 5 March, 2019
Never understood why they didn’t match the FX parameters like the layout on the controllers or the SP1 I love the layering of FX, 3 knobs- 3 buttons. I could never wrap head around that on the S9, the serato Fx section.
GusGomez 4:13 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Never understood why they didn’t match the FX parameters like the layout on the controllers or the SP1 I love the layering of FX, 3 knobs- 3 buttons. I could never wrap head around that on the S9, the serato Fx section.

I hate how they have the effects on the SZ because when cuing you could here the music even when Echo out or Brake is on and I've had a couple times where i thought i was mixing in the next song only to find out the effects (echo out or Brake) are on and i have no sound very very annoying....one of the reasons i hate the SZ is because of that...the non independent Pad mode is what makes the S9 annoying to use.
DJ JulioYEG 10:02 PM - 14 March, 2019
still no reviews for the elite on yt...
dj_soo 10:28 PM - 14 March, 2019
is it even out yet? Even if it just got made available, most reviewers want at least a week on the unit if not more to get a detailed review.
DJ JulioYEG 10:32 PM - 14 March, 2019
Quote:
is it even out yet? Even if it just got made available, most reviewers want at least a week on the unit if not more to get a detailed review.

been out here in can for a min out of stock everywhere