Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Make the Xone 96 a SDJ Pro certified mixer!

Bornd Fono 3:25 PM - 5 November, 2018
Since first units are shipping and there is an enormous demand for this mixer, this needs to happen as soon as possible as this mixer is gonna play an important role in the years to come!

Thank you.
Caley Martin 6:29 PM - 5 November, 2018
+3189481948139487139487139847134 to this.
4tea 7:17 AM - 12 January, 2019
Totally on board with this!
djgoldberg 9:58 AM - 4 March, 2019
Yes, i would also support that!! Serato Team please makt this dream come true!
Caley Martin 5:52 PM - 31 March, 2019
Bump!
Bornd Fono 4:44 PM - 1 April, 2019
I must admit... I have given up on this.
KC1 10:09 PM - 26 June, 2019
Bump / C'mon Serato!
Caley Martin 10:15 PM - 26 June, 2019
Keep the hope alive! ;)
blackavenger 7:19 AM - 28 June, 2019
I'll add my endorsement.

I have since given up on Serato (14 year vet) because of the lack of X96 support, but if throwing my support behind this request can make "Club Kit" support the X96 a reality, then here it is.

We're not all Scratch DJs.

Be adults. Work your 'ish out w' Allen & Heath for the fans of both of Y'all.
djgoldberg 7:30 AM - 28 June, 2019
Yes, Serato come on!!
See how many A&H-Fans are here in this forum. They all want so get the support of the Xone96 in Serato DJ Pro. Please hear us from all over the world...
Chris Topher the Dronte 4:56 AM - 3 July, 2019
I definitely support this subject.
Bornd Fono 3:33 PM - 6 July, 2019
Good to see so many ppl here still supporting this... even if I gave up already and moved on to Traktor for most gigs because of this.
Caley Martin 12:48 AM - 30 August, 2019
One day... (wishful thinking).
KC1 11:16 AM - 30 August, 2019
Tired of waiting ... I'll be making the move to the Xone 96 / Traktor next month.
blackavenger 12:32 PM - 30 August, 2019
It really is worth ditching Serato for. The X96 is my favorite mixer ever! It just sounds sooooo 'effin good! I mean, it's a shame we have to ditch Serato if we want to use it with DVS, but they made their decision, now they'll have to watch all 30 of us (LOL) leave them. Something tells me they're not losing any sleep over it.

I was ready to move on anyway, so it was no biggie for me. I had moved onto Rekordbox (USB) when they refused to support the PX5.
KC1 3:52 PM - 30 August, 2019
Xone 96 also works with rekordbox which was the decider for me as it will be my first time using Traktor and if I don't like it I'll just switch to rekordbox which I don't mind ..
Bornd Fono 3:36 PM - 14 September, 2019
Quote:
now they'll have to watch all 30 of us (LOL) leave them

30 of us leave cause of the 96... but I talked to a lot of colleagues lately who considered leaving Serato or already did it cause of the limitations with the hardware they can use (they wanted to use other stuff than the 96, but basically came the same way I did) and this will multiply every year with new hardware coming out and serato only supports a fraction of it... so IT IS a general problem and not only related to the Xone 96 fanbase.
blackavenger 9:24 AM - 16 September, 2019
Yeah, but there are so many newbs that see Serato as 'the' choice when first getting into DJing. That's where Serato make the majority of their money. The shift away from professionals was made many years back. I place it to when Sam Gribben left. That might just be a coincidence, but regardless, it's when I noticed the change.

It's whatever at this point. Traktor 3 is pretty 'effin amazing! Sure, it still needs some refinement, but it's great! Then we have PioneerDJ which is basically a Serato clone. Give them a few more years and they will be exactly like Serato, but with the advantage of not being locked into a hardware eco-system (ie; you're able to use whatever soundcard you want, just like Traktor). I was REALLY hoping that Serato would figure out that the perspective of their business model (the closed eco-system) has run it's course and is no longer favored in a positive way. But, what are you gonna' do? They're dinosaurs in that regard and once that catches up to them, they will either adapt or die.

Maybe then I will return to the fold. Though, I doubt I'll even want to be then.
Bornd Fono 1:14 PM - 16 September, 2019
Quote:
Yeah, but there are so many newbs that see Serato as 'the' choice when first getting into DJing. That's where Serato make the majority of their money. The shift away from professionals was made many years back. I place it to when Sam Gribben left. That might just be a coincidence, but regardless, it's when I noticed the change.

It's whatever at this point. Traktor 3 is pretty 'effin amazing! Sure, it still needs some refinement, but it's great! Then we have PioneerDJ which is basically a Serato clone. Give them a few more years and they will be exactly like Serato, but with the advantage of not being locked into a hardware eco-system (ie; you're able to use whatever soundcard you want, just like Traktor). I was REALLY hoping that Serato would figure out that the perspective of their business model (the closed eco-system) has run it's course and is no longer favored in a positive way. But, what are you gonna' do? They're dinosaurs in that regard and once that catches up to them, they will either adapt or die.

Maybe then I will return to the fold. Though, I doubt I'll even want to be then.

True
djnickname 4:02 PM - 23 December, 2019
Being an avid Serato user for many years owning an SL1/SL2/SL4, over the last year since the announcement from A&H that the Xone96 is Traktor certified with no scope for making it an OSA, looking at my studio equipment and software being pretty much all NI, I have been scratching my head wonder why I don't use Traktor for my choice of DVS? Oh yeh because Serato is the one!

I'd happily pay for another full Serato DJ license to work with the Xone96 so I don't have to carry my SL4 around anymore with all the cable clutter that goes with it. I guess bring OSA to the 96 won't stop me from buying one as I will continue to use my SL4 but bringing integration directly to the mixer like with the DB4 and other Xone series mixers would make a lot of users happy!!

Please work with A&H on this one as my Xone92 needs retiring and really dislike using anything but so want to replace it with a 96!!!
Caley Martin 11:16 PM - 7 January, 2020
:: bump ::

Keepin' hope alive.
blackavenger 6:55 AM - 10 January, 2020
Bornd Fono 6:46 PM - 12 January, 2020
I hope Serato has a big update coming next days for NAMM to show the people that laptop-based djing still has a future. Standalone more and more becomes attractive and one would think that laptop based offers a whole different level of features... but nah, actually Serato is behind in so many ways when they really should be ahead to secure their market now that competition is way more heavy than 10 or 5 years ago...
blackavenger 5:58 AM - 14 January, 2020
I'm going to see what Engine Prime looks like in a few months and if it's up to snuff, I may be selling my NXS2s for a pair of those SC6000s. That 'ish right there is the future. You can do so much of the library management from the unit itself. I hate using Rekordbox (USB management). I would LOVE to abandon the laptop in it's entirely.
n4Sphere 1:04 PM - 24 January, 2020
i lost hope on xone 96 support for serato. it is a waste of time to wait any longer. now that denon dj are stepping up and pioneer will follow with new players makes no sense to wait any longer for a dvs software wich i will not use. just spin vinyl and media with something else. celebrating 20 years of serato but not supporting one fine dj mixer everybody loves. such a shame serato!
djgoldberg 1:22 PM - 24 January, 2020
Yes, you are absolutely right, n4Sphere. I lost hope also in the end of 2019. Seeing the new Denon Prime Gear, i think Serato DJ should not be killed by standalone gear! The DJ-Software is the main thing of so many DJs out there. The Software has to be developed and the hardware should follow. But now i see, the hardware is in front, many want to use it, but the popular serato dj software does not follow (or one or two years later)! This is a big challenge in the market, i think.
n4Sphere 3:37 PM - 24 January, 2020
djgoldberg. yes you are right a big challenge ahead of dj-software. traktor faces the same struggles. as soon as pioneer comes out with some new media player, all the dvs and laptop djs will think twice and might change. honestly i don't know why i should use dvs from serato anymore if i can buy a standalone player from denon dj with vinyl platter. No laptop, no update issues from a new osx.

no matter what happens the xone 96 is the best mixer i have ever used. if there would be some build in effects i would call it a 10 out of 10 :)
djgoldberg 3:51 PM - 24 January, 2020
I think it was, is and will be the easiest way to organice music and playlists on a laptop. At a live gig you have only to connect a Mixer / Controller with your laptop. For me, it is more complex to export music out of my laptop (itunes) and import it into a standalone system. We will see...
KC1 9:05 PM - 24 January, 2020
The new Pioneer DJM V10 Mixer just might be the Xone 96 style setup serato users are craving ..

As it doesn't look like Serato are going to certify the Xone 96 anytime soon ..
n4Sphere 9:13 PM - 24 January, 2020
the v10 supports all major dj software from release on. that’s just brilliant.
Bornd Fono 9:31 AM - 26 January, 2020
It just shows that A&H has been ahead the last 15years and that Pioneer still tries to catch up.
Based on this, the fact that Serato refuses to support the 96 is even more a big fail... no wonder so many DJs are switching to Traktor and Recordbox DJ.
I think Serato will have to learn this lesson the hard way.
n4Sphere 9:45 AM - 26 January, 2020
I don't know if there is anything analog on the v10, but i doubt that the v10 will be a xone killer nor a model 1. if you are in the pioneer ecosystem great choice. if you are somewhere else hmmmm i doubt.

I prefer the serato effects over the traktor anytime. they just sound excellent. the only downside I love the gate effect from traktor. was not able to find a similar effect in any other software or as a hardware unit itself. i only found a plug in from vengeance.

so my heart is bleeding to move on to denon dj and keep serato behind me :(
blackavenger 10:06 PM - 26 January, 2020
Quote:
It just shows that A&H has been ahead the last 15years and that Pioneer still tries to catch up.
Based on this, the fact that Serato refuses to support the 96 is even more a big fail... no wonder so many DJs are switching to Traktor and Recordbox DJ.
I think Serato will have to learn this lesson the hard way.

ALL OF THIS!!!
vaskular 1:31 PM - 28 January, 2020
Why doing this on the 43C but not on the top of the line mixer?
You should match best with best!

c'mon serato!
Caley Martin 5:45 PM - 28 January, 2020
I don't think this will ever happen until they open up the software to support third party audio cards, akin to how Traktor did... but, my bet is that they won't even do that.

Such a shame such a wonderful mixer is sidelined like this but every single Fischer-Price 2 channel Numark controller is supported the second it's released.... boggles the mind.
n4Sphere 6:46 PM - 28 January, 2020
i know serato does not charge for updates, but if you use a mixer you need to buy the software nevertheless. so what is the big deal not supporting the top mixer from a&h 🤔 maybe the xone 96 is not so popular and less units sold.
Bornd Fono 8:09 AM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
so what is the big deal not supporting the top mixer from a&h

There would be no hassle drag SL soundcards around? Improved sound quality? Quicker & easier setup times?

Chose one.

Quote:
maybe the xone 96 is not so popular and less units sold.

I don't know where you are spinning, but I see this mixer a lot.
Bornd Fono 8:11 AM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
but if you use a mixer you need to buy the software nevertheless.

And? A lot of people stated that they would like to pay any price to have the freedom of open soundcard use and a lot have wandered of due to the fact that Serato refuses to bring it to the table.
n4Sphere 8:46 AM - 29 January, 2020
i only see pioneer mixer in my area. and for me it is a big problem to use the sl3, because i use also real vinyl and the sound volume over the sl3 is more quite and i have to boost it a lot to get to the same level.
Bornd Fono 9:23 AM - 29 January, 2020
Then you should be even more a fan of the thought of Serato supporting the 96. The phono preamps in this mixer are really loud & sound amazing!
n4Sphere 10:29 AM - 29 January, 2020
i would be super happy if the xone 96 supports serato, but it won‘t happen :(
blackavenger 8:24 PM - 31 January, 2020
Quote:
Then you should be even more a fan of the thought of Serato supporting the 96. The phono preamps in this mixer are really loud & sound amazing!

Yup, the best I've heard in a long, long while!

You know, it's an 'effing shame that after 16 years of being an active Serato user I can no longer use it. I kinda' miss it. What gets me even more angry is knowing that A&H reached out to Serato to work together on the X96, but Serato were too greedy to secure a deal. I mean, no one knows the finer details of that negotiation, but from the way A&H made it seem, they were actually disappointed that Serato didn't want to work with them on it. There are no hardware limitations that would inhibit the X96 from working with Serato. It's all just a matter of money!!

Yeah, until' the X96 is supported, I will NEVER use (or purchase) another Serato product.....and again, that's sad. If Y'all only knew how much money I spent on CV, Mixers, Controllers, Accessories throughout the years. Oh well, it's Serato's loss. But they don't care. Soooooo many newbs lining up to buy the latest and greatest controller. Our grievances are irrelevant to them!!
blackavenger 8:29 PM - 31 January, 2020
At this point I wish someone with skills greater than me would just hack ScratchLIVE to work on any soundcard. I'd prefer using that over Serato DJ anyway. It would serve them right.
n4Sphere 8:49 PM - 31 January, 2020
Quote:
At this point I wish someone with skills greater than me would just hack ScratchLIVE to work on any soundcard. I'd prefer using that over Serato DJ anyway. It would serve them right.

yeah a software hack would be great. love your idea. i had tje feeling serato is more grounded but they are like everyone else. all about the money :(
Bornd Fono 7:53 PM - 2 February, 2020
Quote:
But they don't care.

That is the main thing I realized over the last few years. They just don't care about their long-time users (unless you are one of the few big names in the turntablism scene).

There are two groups of interest for Serato:
1) Beginners who are buying 200€ controllers to test djing as a new hobby - it's fast and easy money and even if they ditch it after a few months and lose interest... Serato already has their money - so who cares?
2) Turntablists who showcase short routines with a lot of technical stuff going on in there and speed mixing the shit out of everything - whose videos on social media provide an endless stream of people for the 1st usergroup

People Serato do not seem to care about:

Professional DJs who manage to do this as a main job, mobile DJs, the average club DJ, audiophiles, people with a high motivation to get deep into their software and create a custom workflow which fits their needs 100% & long time users who have been loyal to them for the last decade.
KC1 9:49 PM - 2 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
But they don't care.

Professional DJs who manage to do this as a main job, mobile DJs, the average club DJ, audiophiles, people with a high motivation to get deep into their software and create a custom workflow which fits their needs 100% & long time users who have been loyal to them for the last decade.

Quoted for truth.
Dj John Bekk 10:12 PM - 7 February, 2020
Yeah, will be moving to Denon DJ SC6000m’s with my xone96 for digital and keeping my technics for vinyl only. As soon as Engine Prime catches up I’ll be ditching Serato, I’ve been using Serato since the SL1. If Serato had supported the 96 I might not have even considered the Denons but I’ve tried the SC5000m’s and love DJing without my laptop, I’m keeping Serato just now for track management.
n4Sphere 7:28 AM - 8 February, 2020
Quote:
Yeah, will be moving to Denon DJ SC6000m’s with my xone96 for digital and keeping my technics for vinyl only. As soon as Engine Prime catches up I’ll be ditching Serato, I’ve been using Serato since the SL1. If Serato had supported the 96 I might not have even considered the Denons but I’ve tried the SC5000m’s and love DJing without my laptop, I’m keeping Serato just now for track management.

i have the same idea. i have enough vinyl to play records only and don‘t need serato. but it is really hard to ditch something you used for years.
KC1 2:30 PM - 8 February, 2020
.. wonders why Serato staff never get involved or have anything to say on the Xone 96 threads ..

Surely they have an opinion or at least an official response but no it is as if the threads don't exist.

Working for Serato must be like working for Kim Jong-un Supreme Leader of North Korea and C.E.O of Serato.
Dj John Bekk 3:01 PM - 8 February, 2020
Quote:
.. wonders why Serato staff never get involved or have anything to say on the Xone 96 threads ..

Surely they have an opinion or at least an official response but no it is as if the threads don't exist.

Working for Serato must be like working for Kim Jong-un Supreme Leader of North Korea and C.E.O of Serato.

^^hahaha
Bornd Fono 4:46 PM - 9 February, 2020
KC1 7:50 PM - 10 February, 2020
[url=ibb.co][img]i.ibb.co[/img][/url]
Bornd Fono 1:01 AM - 11 February, 2020
blackavenger 8:57 AM - 11 February, 2020
Ha! It's hilarious (and also sad) witnessing the progression from hopefulness to bitterness within this thread!
KC1 5:15 PM - 11 February, 2020
Quote:
progression from hopefulness to bitterness

Sums up serato through the decade that was the onesies 2010-19.
Caley Martin 7:35 PM - 14 February, 2020
Don't worry guys! The Pioneer V10 is already supported with Club Kit and it's not even shipping yet! ;)
blackavenger 3:11 PM - 15 February, 2020
Ha!
djnickname 2:47 PM - 17 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
But they don't care.

PREACH!!!

After being laughed at by Aphrodite and my friends for the length of time it took me to setup and breakdown my Serato DJ equipment on a radio show last week, looks like I am moving to Traktor Pro now with the purchase of a Xone 96, as that gives me the ability to work with software that enables me to plug directly into a variety of todays standard mixers without having to setup and connect a load of cables with an SL4 box to continue using Serato DJ.

A really shame as I still think Serato is the biz when it comes to DJ Software over the rest but no longer fits in with my working requirements.

@Serato - Pro Djs need agility, accessibility and interoperability for the ease and speed of setting up to get working and doing their job in a multitude of different environments. Don't pigeonhole your market base to individuals who want to start to learn this trade based on a commercial decision, but listen to your Pro users and advocates who are out there using and pushing the Serato brand.
Bornd Fono 7:50 PM - 17 February, 2020
Quote:
After being laughed at by Aphrodite and my friends for the length of time it took me to setup and breakdown my Serato DJ equipment on a radio show last week, looks like I am moving to Traktor Pro now with the purchase of a Xone 96, as that gives me the ability to work with software that enables me to plug directly into a variety of todays standard mixers without having to setup and connect a load of cables with an SL4 box to continue using Serato DJ.

A really shame as I still think Serato is the biz when it comes to DJ Software over the rest but no longer fits in with my working requirements.

@Serato - Pro Djs need agility, accessibility and interoperability for the ease and speed of setting up to get working and doing their job in a multitude of different environments. Don't pigeonhole your market base to individuals who want to start to learn this trade based on a commercial decision, but listen to your Pro users and advocates who are out there using and pushing the Serato brand.

I could not agree more.
KC1 11:48 PM - 17 February, 2020
Soon as I have found a buyer for my Rane 72/12s I will be leaving serato behind.

I was considering the DJM-V10 but really don't fancy selling my soul again for the Pioneer eco-system.

I'm sticking with the Xone ..
Bornd Fono 7:19 AM - 21 February, 2020
Quote:
I was considering the DJM-V10 but really don't fancy selling my soul again for the Pioneer eco-system.

I'm sticking with the Xone ..

Yeah, I feel that. In my opinion the V10 is more of a tolerable copy of the 96 for the Pioneer eco-system. But as soon as you need a HPF on one track and a LPF on another track you are already fucked.

I will stick with the original too. Nothing like the Xone layout, the vc filters and everything else from the series that held up vs. any Pioneer mixer for over 15 years now.
But I still am curious for comparisons in sound quality. The 900 NX2 mixer finally sounded "good" after 15 years of aweful sound quality in the DJM line. Pioneer really catched up to where A&H started when they put out the Xone 92 in 2003. If the V10 brought the game up even a little more (to reach the 96, not the 92)... then soon it could be just a matter of taste in how the mixer sounds and not in quality.
KC1 11:02 AM - 21 February, 2020
I would advise anyone thinking of going for the 6 channel DJM-V10 to spend the few hundred extra and buy a Mobil 1 or half the price Xone 96
KC1 2:05 PM - 21 February, 2020
Damn serato and its no edit post options - no idea what a fucking "Mobil 1" but obiously I meant the "MODEL 1" – PLAYdifferently
KC1 2:09 PM - 21 February, 2020
Built in the UK by Allen & Heath
ninjagaijin 6:02 PM - 23 February, 2020
I have no issues plugging cables from my SL3 to my Xone 92. It's not super quick but it does the job. Xone 96 looks nice but it is so big, and it heats up around the power supply a lot. Something that caused me headaches on my Xone 92, forcing me to 1) replace PSU 2) mod PSU with heatsink and recap 3) install fan on the side. Now the thermals are nice and I am happy.

I went in to the DJ store a few months back to look at the Xone 96, the size would mean it would barely fit on my booth with all the cables sticking out the back, would need a new case for it, and it is still able to cook eggs over the master LED just like the Xone 92 (if you leave it running on hot days for 6-10 hours pumping). At least sitting in the DJ store running all day sitting near other running mixers.

I just wish they either include a fan in the case, use a better/sturdier/less cheap power supply or externalised it, it would make a lot of difference.

I know for most people (and those in cold environments) this won't be an issue at all but living in Australia, these things really matter when it is 40-45c and I need to spend 6-10 hours using my mixer.

I did spend a bunch of money on a DI box and Reamper in order to get proper gain structure in and out of the Xone 92 for send and return through hi-z/guitar level effects, which is solved with the Xone 96 output options, but I think I probably have better quality with my dedicated (Radial, Jenson transformers) units.

Another feature I love is that they got rid of the effects pop sound when you turn it on and off with the LPF setting, but they got rid of the LFO and put crunch instead. I actually like the LFO.

The cueing seems a lot better too, also with pushing the bands for the effects, doing the double or triple finger push was always a bit dodgy.

The Xone 96 is definitely a nice mixer but personally if money wasn't the limit I'd get the 2 or 4 channel Formula Sound mixer (FF4.2L). It has no sound card etc but I prefer an analog mixer to be just an analog mixer, I use a proper interface for recording at home and can use my Serato SL3 for recording out. I do realise it's bloody awesome they put it in there though, but not super useful for personal purposes.

At first I was drooling and thought I would sell my Xone 92 to get a 96, but after modding and putting in an Innofader Pro 2 I am quite happy with the Xone 92 and SL3 combo.

For best vinyl thru mode quality I also invested in a couple of 'Esoteric Rek-o-kut Low Noise Phono Switches' - makes cabling and ground cabling a mini nightmare (and way too many links in the chain to take out to the club) but provides a passive switching option to choose between DVS and phono outputs of the switch, to either run through Serato or the mixer for real vinyl. This avoids the additional AD/DA stage in the SL3 that seems to muck the quality of real records up when converting from phono to line level in the SL3.

It's been a journey but sticking to what works for me.

It is friggin sad though that Serato don't seem to give a shit about Xone 96 users.
Bornd Fono 12:33 AM - 24 February, 2020
I am thinking to install a fan in my 96 too. Where did you attach the power cable of the fan?
KC1 7:32 AM - 24 February, 2020
Overheating has never been an issue for me but I'm not in a hot Southern Hemisphere climate.

If you don't want to open it up to do a DIY fan thus voiding warranty then just buy one of those laptop fan bases to sit it on.

Like these - www.google.com

The 96 is vented on the bottom and side so the above should push air through the bottom and out the sides.
Bornd Fono 3:15 AM - 26 February, 2020
Quote:
If you don't want to open it up to do a DIY fan thus voiding warranty

But that's what I plan to do. How did you hook up your fan to the internal power structure?
KC1 12:40 PM - 26 February, 2020
I never - that was the other dude, I suggested you use a fan underneath the mixer not inside so not to void warranty.
blackavenger 5:46 PM - 26 February, 2020
I don't think it's necessary. This past Summer, I ran my X96 all day and night (12 hours...2pm til' 2am) in 100+ degree, HUMID (South Carolina) heat, and though the mixer was indeed hot, it did not fail. I think it was designed to handle the heat that it generates.
KC1 12:42 AM - 4 March, 2020
Not heard no stories of them failing over heat either.
Dj Ven Meister 6:58 PM - 6 March, 2020
Serato is missing out on such opportunities to actually still be around for a bit more longer in the market or preparing for a fade out by not supporting a high end quality product from Allen & Heath.
Its really disappointing that they do not even respond to this thread.
kbscholar 3:50 PM - 12 March, 2020
Hey all, just chiming in on this topic. I just received my Xone 96 yesterday, and immediately got to hooking it up and testing things out. I have read here that nobody could get Serato working with the Xone 96's built in sound card. I have the SL4 box, but I haven't used it quite some time, because in recent years, I moved to Rekordbox DJ. I believe that Rekordbox DJ is not certified by Xone (only Traktor is), but after installing the Xone's AISO drivers, I got Rekordbox DJ / DVS working.

Here is my current configuration:
Deck 1 - CDJ 2000 Nexus in HID mode
Deck 2 - Technic 1200 MKII in DVS mode
Deck 3 - Technic 1200 MKII in DVS mode
Deck 4 - CDJ 2000 Nexus in HID mode
RTN A - Ableton Live 10 Suite
RTN B - additional signal from 2nd computer

Has anyone tried hooking up Serato? Unless proven otherwise, I would believe that it should work using the Xone AISO drivers and not the standard Serato drivers. I am willing to do some testing this weeked with my SL4 box.
KC1 4:47 PM - 12 March, 2020
Been known for ages Xone 96 works with Rekordbox :)- its another reason.
kbscholar 4:55 PM - 12 March, 2020
Quote:
Been known for ages Xone 96 works with Rekordbox :)- its another reason.

Well, it's obvious then that I am just catching up. It seems that all of the remaining folks should just use their Serato boxes and run Rekordbox DVS. It's my view that Serato has been garbage since SDJ existed.
metroplex2005 4:56 PM - 12 March, 2020
Quote:
Hey all, just chiming in on this topic. I just received my Xone 96 yesterday, and immediately got to hooking it up and testing things out. I have read here that nobody could get Serato working with the Xone 96's built in sound card. I have the SL4 box, but I haven't used it quite some time, because in recent years, I moved to Rekordbox DJ. I believe that Rekordbox DJ is not certified by Xone (only Traktor is), but after installing the Xone's AISO drivers, I got Rekordbox DJ / DVS working.

Of course, because Rekordbox is "open" for every asio soundcard, so far. It's "not officialy supported", but will work as long as Pioneer allows audio routing with asio drivers.

Has anyone tried hooking up Serato? Unless proven otherwise, I would believe that it should work using the Xone AISO drivers and not the standard Serato drivers. I am willing to do some testing this weeked with my SL4 box.
You can belive what you want. But i knowit will not work. You can try, but it will not work. Serato DJ allows no audio routing, there are no preference panels to select inputs/outputs for each chanel.
It will not work, thats part of their licensing system.
metroplex2005 4:59 PM - 12 March, 2020
Quote:

Of course, because Rekordbox is "open" for every asio soundcard, so far. It's "not officialy supported", but will work as long as Pioneer allows audio routing with asio drivers.

Quote:

You can belive what you want. But i knowit will not work. You can try, but it will not work. Serato DJ allows no audio routing, there are no preference panels to select inputs/outputs for each chanel.
It will not work, thats part of their licensing system.
KC1 5:08 PM - 12 March, 2020
It's Traktor or Rekordbox if you wanna use a Xone 96 with DJ software.
Bornd Fono 2:46 AM - 19 March, 2020
Has anyone heared about sound quality comparisons between the Xone 96 and the Pioneer V-10?
KC1 6:14 AM - 19 March, 2020
Both 32bit so would like to see a compression myself as well.
Bornd Fono 6:45 AM - 19 March, 2020
The Xone 96 signal path is purely analog... the interface included delivers 32bit/96khz, but since there is no digital element in the signal path this should be completely irrelevant for the soundquality.

So in the end it is: analog mixer vs. 32bit digital mixer
KC1 1:51 AM - 20 March, 2020
32bit analogue vs 32bit digital is what I was getting at and would like to see comparisons.

Seen as both will still output through XLR to most likely a digital amp.
Bornd Fono 11:16 PM - 21 March, 2020
Quote:
32bit analogue

?
KC1 2:22 AM - 22 March, 2020
Quote:
32bit analogue

Analogue noun: analogue; plural noun: analogues; noun: analog; plural noun: analogs

www.allen-heath.com
Bornd Fono 5:43 AM - 22 March, 2020
Either you didn't understand my previous post about the signal path being purely analog... or you haven't got enough knowledge about analog/digital systems.
KC1 5:55 AM - 22 March, 2020
Is English not your first language? I'm not sure what you think is wrong?

Xone 96 is Analogue and the Pioneer is digital. Both have 32 Bit / 96khz soundcard.

I would like to hear them together to compare.

Really don't get what is misunderstood there.
Bornd Fono 11:24 AM - 22 March, 2020
Quote:
Has anyone heared about sound quality comparisons between the Xone 96 and the Pioneer V-10?

When I wrote this post I was refering to the sound of the mixer itself.
So if you would compare them you would compare an analog mixer to a digital mixer. You saying "32bit analoge" made no sense to me, cause there is no bit number in analoge processing... and it made me doubt you know what you are talking about.
But I think I know where we divided here... while I was talking about the sound of the mixer itself, you meant a comparison between the integrated INTERFACES (and ofc there you are right, they both deliver 32bit). THAT, I would be interested in too... but it should be separated from the sound comparison of the MIXERS.
KC1 9:35 PM - 22 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

When I wrote this post I was refering to the sound of the mixer itself.
So if you would compare them you would compare an analog mixer to a digital mixer. You saying "32bit analoge" made no sense to me, cause there is no bit number in analoge processing... and it made me doubt you know what you are talking about.
But I think I know where we divided here... while I was talking about the sound of the mixer itself, you meant a comparison between the integrated INTERFACES (and ofc there you are right, they both deliver 32bit). THAT, I would be interested in too... but it should be separated from the sound comparison of the MIXERS.

Yes no problem dude, easy mistake and my sloppy reply and wording was probably at fault.

What hardware are you using for your Xone 96 setup with Ableton ? are you using the K2? or a Push.
Bornd Fono 4:27 AM - 24 March, 2020
I have 2x K2s which I use to control volume of the tracks (with the faders of the K2s), effects and other functions in Ableton Live. In addition I have an iPad connected which runs the touchAble app (superb!) which I use to activate and deactivate clips of the tracks in Live.

First I thought of using something like a push to trigger the clips... but since I have a lot of them in my Live set I prefer to use the iPad since I can see the name of the clips on the screen and with a pad controller I would have to know by hard which clip is on which Pad (I have my DJ software on the screen all the time when playing, Ableton Live is just running in the background).
KC1 5:53 AM - 24 March, 2020
I thought about the Push and or a Xone K2 for use with Ableton effects.

I was even looking at a Xone 1D and the Xone 2D but after some research it seems both have been made obsolete by Windows 10 USB driver and no updates released by A&H since pre 2012 Win 7.

So to be honest I am now trying to look at a move away from software and the need for a laptop all together. But I would still like to use some effects not offered by the Xone 96.

So I guess my options now are effects pedals - I've looked at the Eventide H9 but I don't like being limited to that one dial/knob of one effect at a time setup.

More interesting options look like the MOD DUO X - shop.moddevices.com
or
The Mooer Ocean Machine - www.mooeraudio.co.uk
Bornd Fono 1:17 PM - 26 March, 2020
Thanks to bringing the MOD DUO X on my radar! Didn't know about this piece of gear until now and it definitely looks interesting. Will check it out in detail as soon as I can
n4Sphere 1:22 PM - 26 March, 2020
@ bornd fono you can also check kickstarter mod dwarf a smaller version of the mod x .
KC1 1:25 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:
Thanks to bringing the MOD DUO X on my radar! Didn't know about this piece of gear until now and it definitely looks interesting. Will check it out in detail as soon as I can

I'm thinking of ordering one but stock was supposed to ship this month but the current pandemic has halted that unfortunately ..

Looks to be similar to the Eventide H9 but with the added benefit of more dials and knobs so you can scope the sound better (which is what I was looking for) ..
blackavenger 11:20 PM - 28 March, 2020
Quote:

Oooh, I've never seen this before.

I have 2 pedals w' my X96.
The Strymon "Bluesky" (Reverb) & Teile Electronik "TEIL1 (Delay)

I've never really looked into Multi-EFX boxes. Apparently I've been missing out.
Between those two pedals I have roughly $800 invested.
I could have gotten A LOT MORE bang for my buck.
Bornd Fono 5:06 PM - 5 April, 2020
I really hope that a sucessor to the Eventide H9 is on the horizont...

That would be really dope!
4tea 6:44 PM - 26 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Oooh, I've never seen this before.

I have 2 pedals w' my X96.
The Strymon "Bluesky" (Reverb) & Teile Electronik "TEIL1 (Delay)

I've never really looked into Multi-EFX boxes. Apparently I've been missing out.
Between those two pedals I have roughly $800 invested.
I could have gotten A LOT MORE bang for my buck.

You can do fun stuff with the TEIL1 like looping part of a track.

Does the DUO X loop?

Is SDJ support for the 96 a thing to forget?
blackavenger 2:33 AM - 11 June, 2020
Quote:
Is SDJ support for the 96 a thing to forget?

Personally, I've given up any hope.
Bornd Fono 3:39 AM - 18 June, 2020
Quote:
Personally, I've given up any hope.

Yeah, me too. Serato slept on this and do not seem to wake up.
KC1 4:54 PM - 19 June, 2020
Quote:

Does the DUO X loop?

Yes - here are all the plugins that can be added in addition to those built in.

pedalboards.moddevices.com
cotdagoo 2:23 PM - 20 June, 2020
It's kind of funny, since it seems all they are good at lately is adding controller support to SeratoDJ, not real features..

You'd think they would have been all over this. Sleepy devs..
Phoenixbt 11:57 AM - 22 June, 2020
Adding another vote...recently got a Xone 96 and am trying to track down a SL-4 so I can use it with Serato.

Guessing this might be a lost cause since it’s been 2 years at this point? Seems like a real miss to not have it
n4Sphere 12:05 PM - 22 June, 2020
i think they just focus on the studio music production. serato dj is running well with almost every budget to high end controller. they don't need one fine sounding techno mixer :)
KC1 6:02 PM - 22 June, 2020
It's all about serving their corporate overlords Pioneer and keeping them happy. The Xone 96 was ignored whilst Pioneer worked on releasing their alternative to the 96 - the V10.
blackavenger 3:00 AM - 23 July, 2020
Quote:
It's all about serving their corporate overlords Pioneer and keeping them happy. The Xone 96 was ignored whilst Pioneer worked on releasing their alternative to the 96 - the V10.

Yeah, that is a real slap in the face.
KC1 2:46 PM - 24 July, 2020
The possible next Pioneer CDJ hardware leak anyone? - www.reddit.com

Pioneer deleted the thread from their forums after replying they won't respond to rumours -_- lol - Seems they didn't want anyone discussing it ..
Bionicx 7:55 PM - 18 February, 2021
Plus one to this request to have Serato support for the Xone 96. This will be my next mixer. I don't want to switch to Traktor, but I'll do it if I have to. This mixer will be popular for a long time Serato, please support it.
djnickname 9:02 PM - 18 February, 2021
So I took the plunge and bought a 96 last month to replace my well served 14 year old 92, which only arrived this week due to brexshite.

As I have been using SL4 for about 7 years after upgrading from older gen Rane interfaces, I’m coming to terms to finally leave Serato for good. The final nail in the coffin for me has been that Rane and Serato still do not support SL4 with macOS 10.15 Catalina after nearly a year and a half of official release from Apple, and with the release of macOS 11 Big Sur last year, I see little hope for any future development for this platform as all SL interfaces are now listed as legacy devices with Rane.

It’s seems that all they care about is pushing the next DJ controller for the worlds next biggest bedroom DJs, and let’s face it, how many clubs have a DJ controller? They all have pioneer CDJs.

So as the 96 interfaces with Rekordbox, and everywhere has CDJs, I think that is where I am moving to since it more or less does exactly what Serato does, just in a less colourful way. This also eases the adaptability of interfacing with Pioneer installs in clubs with either direct laptop connection or exporting playlists to USBs, and being that guy who is unplugging and plugging things in the back of the mixer whilst you’re performing has definitely run its course.

Since I have a license for Rekordbox which came with the DDJ-XP2 as well as a Traktor 3 license with NI Komplete, I’m going to trial out both and make a final decision, as either way it’s going to be a pain in the arse as reanalysing and creating ques and loops all over again is going to take an age, so measure twice cut once definitely applies here.

I also trialled DJ Pro AI that turned into an accidental year subscription which does some very cool things and interfaces with anything, including SL4, so there’s defo a new route to take from here.

In regard to the 96, it definitely has its own character and sound, and adapting muscle memory of all those sweet spots you become so accustom to after years of working on a 92 is taking a bit of getting used to. That said, the clarity, dynamics and summing of the main mix of the overall sound quality is amazing. So far I’ve found that it requires a more delicate touch else you loose frequency very quickly that gets buried under the mix, so can be pretty noticeable when you suddenly loose one of the tracks in your mix if you leave the filter in the wrong place. Crunch is pretty cool and does help bring out volume and substance with the harmonic nodes of the distortion when using the BPF, but beware of where it’s set as it really crunch things up if left to high.

So there’s one thing to do. Practice.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:11 AM - 24 February, 2021
Quote:
I’m going to trial out both and make a final decision, as either way it’s going to be a pain in the arse as reanalysing and creating ques and loops all over again is going to take an age, so measure twice cut once definitely applies here.

Use a conversion app -

Rekordcloud
Rekordbuddy
DJCU
Mixo

There are a bunch of them
djnickname 2:30 PM - 24 February, 2021
Quote:
Quote:
I’m going to trial out both and make a final decision, as either way it’s going to be a pain in the arse as reanalysing and creating ques and loops all over again is going to take an age, so measure twice cut once definitely applies here.

Use a conversion app -

Rekordcloud
Rekordbuddy
DJCU
Mixo

There are a bunch of them

That’s great! Thank you for this.
nilre 3:00 PM - 24 February, 2021
How well do beatgrids convert from Serato to other DJ programs?

Serato supports variable beat grids, can Rekordbox do that yet? Any other DJ programs?

I've spent quite some time fixing up beatgrids on tracks with real musicians, sections with differing tempos, and "weird" sections with bars that are not 4/4.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:21 AM - 25 February, 2021
Quote:
How well do beatgrids convert from Serato to other DJ programs?

Serato supports variable beat grids, can Rekordbox do that yet? Any other DJ programs?

I've spent quite some time fixing up beatgrids on tracks with real musicians, sections with differing tempos, and "weird" sections with bars that are not 4/4.

Not sure 🤔

Rekordbuddy is open source and free. You can test with a crate of few tracks

Rekordcloud- not sure but you mail the developer

DJCU - not sure again, the developer is quite responsive as well

Mixo - I haven’t tested this one much
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:22 AM - 25 February, 2021
One thing I’m certain off is that they all convert hotcues, saved loops.
nilre 3:50 PM - 25 February, 2021
Thanks for the info Marv! I willl check them out.
Caley Martin 7:45 PM - 16 July, 2021
+100000000000000
KC1 10:32 PM - 16 July, 2021
Only the plastic Fisher-Price controllers get SDJ/Pro these days.
djmistajoolz77 5:44 PM - 6 November, 2021
Sad to read this in 2021, this X96 mixer is stunning & to use with Serato I had to hunt down and pay a ton for a SL4 interface as a workaround…..come on Serato/ A&H……sort it out 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
metroplex2005 3:42 AM - 11 November, 2021
i'm too old for this shit
metroplex2005 3:42 AM - 11 November, 2021
metroplex2005 3:44 AM - 11 November, 2021
Caley Martin 4:05 AM - 11 November, 2021
Quote:

I say that every time a new SDJ version comes out without Club Kit support for the 96. 😂
metroplex2005 4:06 AM - 11 November, 2021
4tea 1:44 PM - 11 November, 2021
Quote:
Sad to read this in 2021, this X96 mixer is stunning & to use with Serato I had to hunt down and pay a ton for a SL4 interface as a workaround…..come on Serato/ A&H……sort it out 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

serato.com

Unfortunately I don’t think this workaround will last. So we’re stuck on hoping that Serato and A&H come to an agreement.
Credit should be given where it’s due though:
A German company made the xdj players from the P brand work in HID after more than a year of forum requests.
KC1 10:38 AM - 2 December, 2021
Just sold my Xone 96. Had it for near on 3 years, so time to let someone else enjoy it. Give it another 3 years, and serato will probably give it a paid club kit upgrade.
djnickname 2:18 PM - 5 December, 2021
New M1Pro MacBook on its way with official statement from Rane stating that they will not continue supporting any of there OSA audio interfaces, along with Serato not working with A&H to bring support, to lets face it, core audio support... means I have no choice but to move to Rekordbox. May not be such a bad thing though as then at least I can just export onto USB for simple integration when playing out on what seems the be the industry standard of only Pioneer tripe in all clubs now days.

Anyone want to buy a mint SL4 fully boxed with unopened time codes???
4tea 2:25 PM - 5 December, 2021
Quote:
New M1Pro MacBook on its way with official statement from Rane stating that they will not continue supporting any of there OSA audio interfaces, along with Serato not working with A&H to bring support, to lets face it, core audio support... means I have no choice but to move to Rekordbox. May not be such a bad thing though as then at least I can just export onto USB for simple integration when playing out on what seems the be the industry standard of only Pioneer tripe in all clubs now days.

If you have enough cash flow from dj’ing, I humbly think it’s a good idea to have multiple softwares.

As my DJ mentor and good friend was using traktor, I know how to play a decent set with it.
I’m faithful to serato.
The lack of 4 track interfaces and support for the 96 and the 750mk2 are however putting dents in my attachment to what was and still is my favourite Dj software.
djnickname 2:49 PM - 5 December, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

If you have enough cash flow from dj’ing, I humbly think it’s a good idea to have multiple softwares.

As my DJ mentor and good friend was using traktor, I know how to play a decent set with it.
I’m faithful to serato.
The lack of 4 track interfaces and support for the 96 and the 750mk2 are however putting dents in my attachment to what was and still is my favourite Dj software.

Totally agree Serato is and always will be my favourite and is superior imo, but lack of support and care to bring compatibility to users such as us means we got to move with the times, even if they don’t.

Denon has an audio interface but only 2 channel :(
Caley Martin 10:35 PM - 6 December, 2021
The just released 2.5.8 update is the final nail in the coffin. What an absolute shit thing to do blocking the soundcards from functioning in the software when there is no upgrade path for a newer DVS soundcard.

Boggles my mind.
metroplex2005 2:24 AM - 7 December, 2021
Quote:
The just released 2.5.8 update is the final nail in the coffin. What an absolute shit thing to do blocking the soundcards from functioning in the software when there is no upgrade path for a newer DVS soundcard.

Boggles my mind.

+!
KC1 5:31 PM - 7 December, 2021
Serato only seems set on being the fisher-price controller boy's choice of software these days. All other, DJ's can either like it or lump it ..
Bornd Fono 7:59 PM - 7 December, 2021
Quote:

Boggles my mind.

+1
Back-E-man 10:48 PM - 11 December, 2021
+1. Especially now as the support of my beloved SL3 has ended. Please Serato, need Support for the 96er mixer!
blackavenger 11:50 PM - 11 December, 2021
Quote:
I’m faithful to serato.

I was too...for 14 years! That is, until' they stopped being faithful to me!
Thousands of dollars worth of hardware and CV over the years. All I begged for was the opportunity to throw even more money at them in the form of Club Kit to use my mixer of choice. At this point I am looking forward to their walled garden crumbling down around them!! Yes, I'm bitter about it.
Bornd Fono 2:40 AM - 12 December, 2021
Quote:
I was too...for 14 years! That is, until' they stopped being faithful to me!
Thousands of dollars worth of hardware and CV over the years. All I begged for was the opportunity to throw even more money at them in the form of Club Kit to use my mixer of choice. At this point I am looking forward to their walled garden crumbling down around them!! Yes, I'm bitter about it.

Word!
KC1 2:39 PM - 12 December, 2021
Haha yeah I do agree ... though gone are the days I was bitter about it all.

I've happily moved on - I'm happy using RB6 to prep and USB and or HID on CDJ's these days.

I see serato as more of a nostalgia product these days., something from the past that was once enjoyed but is now out-dated and surpassed.
djnickname 10:00 PM - 12 December, 2021
Quote:
Haha yeah I do agree ... though gone are the days I was bitter about it all.

I've happily moved on - I'm happy using RB6 to prep and USB and or HID on CDJ's these days.

I see serato as more of a nostalgia product these days., something from the past that was once enjoyed but is now out-dated and surpassed.

Thank you for this enlightenment!
Caley Martin 8:02 PM - 20 December, 2021
So, over the weekend I downloaded Rekordbox 5.8.6 to give it a second chance, plugged in my xone:96, routed turntables back into the mixer, enabled DVS in the software... and used Serato timecode to control it.

Worked flawlessly. The irony here is staggering.
KC1 8:43 PM - 20 December, 2021
Quote:
So, over the weekend I downloaded Rekordbox 5.8.6 to give it a second chance, plugged in my xone:96, routed turntables back into the mixer, enabled DVS in the software... and used Serato timecode to control it.

Worked flawlessly. The irony here is staggering.

Will be even tighter with RB Control Vinyl. ;)
Caley Martin 11:01 PM - 20 December, 2021
Yep, have a test pair of white control vinyl on order to arrive this week! In the process of exporting my crates to prep in advance, then migrating all my data over to a M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro that’s been idle and waiting.

Short of a magical SL5 interface being released by Rane, this feels like an end of an era for DVS users and Serato.

Too bad!
4tea 11:11 PM - 20 December, 2021
Quote:
Yep, have a test pair of white control vinyl on order to arrive this week! In the process of exporting my crates to prep in advance, then migrating all my data over to a M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro that’s been idle and waiting.

Short of a magical SL5 interface being released by Rane, this feels like an end of an era for DVS users and Serato.

Too bad!

I might be wrong but they’re not gonna release it.
These interfaces could work for 10 years. Battle Mixers last less (due to new features like pitch play…), and controllers even less.
blackavenger 7:02 AM - 3 January, 2022
Quote:

Oh, snap!! I didn't know you could use Serato CV w' Rekordbox DJ!!
Oh, I'm definitely trying that out. Thanks!!
Caley Martin 10:28 PM - 12 January, 2022
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, snap!! I didn't know you could use Serato CV w' Rekordbox DJ!!
Oh, I'm definitely trying that out. Thanks!!

The only caveat is that needle jumping doesn’t function in relative mode (which is super annoying).
David James 2:49 AM - 18 January, 2022
Feeling the same as many in here.

Have had Serato since SL1, and bought an SL4 a few years ago, but the retirement of these devices with no replacement has got me seriously looking at alternatives.

I've downloaded Rekordbox this afternoon and am already seeing some really nice features over and above Serato, such as being able to use multiple streaming services at once, add streamed tracks to playlists, and tag streaming tracks to make note of tracks with vocals etc.

Could be the beginning of the end for Serato and I?
Rem 9:57 PM - 5 March, 2022
Sl4 Not longier supported realy? Now realy its time for 96 Serato or i Switch After 15 years to crappy Traktor 😡
KC1 3:32 PM - 12 June, 2022
Now that the Xone 96 is officially 4 years old, we now only have 1 to 2 years to go till this maybe finally happens.
DJ Angst 2:31 PM - 5 October, 2022
with STEMS support, wouldn't these 4 channel mixers be a perfect fit for Serato 3.x?
4tea 2:32 PM - 5 October, 2022
Quote:
with STEMS support, wouldn't these 4 channel mixers be a perfect fit for Serato 3.x?

That’s a very good point
DJ Angst 2:42 PM - 5 October, 2022
I have just recently switched from Serato to Rekordbox (_this week_, exactly as described above, with the Serato control vinyl!), because Serato wouldn't support the XONE:96 and didn't seem likely to ever do so.

Truth be told, RB isn't bad, but I prefer Serato. In the case of the XONE:96, I think they could add the option to have the 4 band EQ work in STEM mode in DVS, no?
blackavenger 2:13 AM - 11 October, 2022
Quote:
I think they could add the option to have the 4 band EQ work in STEM mode in DVS, no?

No, because the EQ pots aren't MIDI mapable. However, if they simply added "Club Kit" support, we could use the Xone:K2 to map whatever the hell we wanted to within SeratoDJ.

They never bothered to add "Club Kit" support for the Xone:PX5, nor Xone:96, and they took away support for SL soundcards. It's pretty obvious what their roadmap is. I only pray it blows up in their f#ckin' faces one day! Walled gardens eventually crumble!

And to think, for a decade and a half I drained my pocketbook, and sung their praises.
What a fool I was!!
DJ Angst 3:22 AM - 11 October, 2022
Thanks @blackavenger. You're right, if the EQ pots aren't MIDI capable, it won't work.

Completely agree that Serato's lack of support for these top notch mixers is galling. It is difficult to understand if you look at the additional hardware that they do seem to go out of their way to support with every new version. Luckily my vinyl records don't require any Serato support or weird "club kit" subscription. :-)
Bornd Fono 3:36 PM - 21 December, 2022
Quote:
However, if they simply added "Club Kit" support, we could use the Xone:K2 to map whatever the hell we wanted to within SeratoDJ.

That would be fucking sick! I also have the K2 and to connect it via the A&H XLink (Ethernet) to the 96 Mixer is super easy and conveniant <3
Caley Martin 1:29 AM - 28 March, 2023
Bump to keep pipe dreams alive. 😂
Bornd Fono 10:25 AM - 4 April, 2023
I admire your positive thinking... but I kinda have given up on this.

Serato should have offerered an expansion pack to open the software to all interfaces long time ago and they keep on losing users since this is not the case. Big time missed opportunity here... cause a lot of people would be able to pay good money to have that kind of freedom when it comes to soundcards. Why not get the money from their user base if some manufacturers are not willing to pay the fee to include their mixer in the club kit universe, but their user base is?!
KC1 1:19 PM - 6 July, 2023
Quote:

Serato should have offerered an expansion pack to open the software to all interfaces long time ago

Serato's loss is RekordBoxes' gain.
Bornd Fono 1:37 PM - 11 July, 2023
Quote:
Serato's loss is RekordBoxes' gain.

I was about to say you are right... but the comment didn't age very well. :D
Caley Martin 2:01 AM - 18 October, 2023
Well, if the Pioneer sale goes through, maybe THEN they'll reconsider how to approach third party mixers with soundcards built in. Until then, I have my Flux to keep me busy.