Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Play 40 Bucks is a ripp-off

Bornd Fono 5:41 AM - 1 November, 2018
I will explay why:

The features Serato Play delivers are standard in other DJ software (and really should be: I mean this is really basic stuff we are talking about). Serato is years behind with it and still think we should pay 40 bucks for it? Thanks, but no thanks.

I am a heavy user of their software since I make a living out of djing and I own ever single other expansion pack (bought them directly when they came out - so I payed every one single and not via the suite option which is cheaper), spend nearly 950€ for the SL4 soundcard (when playing with decks) and 1000€ for a DDJ-SX2 (for smaller gigs) to use their software and now they want 40€ from me for 3band eq and a virtual crossfader? No way.

If they opened up Serato to be used with any soundcard or things like that (like traktor just did with Traktor 3 and Traktor DVS): I would pay (even a higher price) IMMEDIATELY and very much willing to do this. But like it is now I really think it's impertinent of them to charge an extra 40€ for the VERY LITTLE things they bring to the table with Serato Play.
popnwave 4:41 PM - 1 November, 2018
So.. don't buy it.

I think folks who already have the Suite will certainly enjoy the added value.

I don't get it, if you want Traktor or VDJ type software just use it? No one cares how much you've spent on soundcards or controllers, because a lot of us have spent a lot more over the years DJing in various forms. Stop acting like you're entitled.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:55 PM - 1 November, 2018
Support Serato and hand them the cash, quit being so cheap. They don't make hardware, this is their life blood. I am purchasing ASAP.
DJ JulioYEG 5:34 PM - 1 November, 2018
I think its usless how ever not a rip off, its targeting a specific market part of business your talking about money but dont know what demographics are and targeting them specifically
DJ Unique 4:08 AM - 2 November, 2018
$40 bucks?
In a Wedding, I will make this back in less than a half hour.
Despo 4:44 AM - 2 November, 2018
This should be free end of story. 40 bucks for a 3 band eq seriously, EVERY other dj software had this since Final Scratch was a thing
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:46 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
$40 bucks?

you one cheap ass wedding DJ then!
popnwave 4:20 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
This should be free end of story. 40 bucks for a 3 band eq seriously, EVERY other dj software had this since Final Scratch was a thing

If you have the SUITE it is free.
HighTopFade 5:58 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

If you have the SUITE it is free.

I bought the suite but don't see it in My Serato.
DJ Unique 6:02 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
I only charge about $100 to $200 per hour depending on setup.
Very reasonable prices.
HighTopFade 6:07 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

Not bad pricing at all. The less formal weddings that don't require all the bells and whistles are more fun.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 6:09 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

I wouldn't even get out of bed for $100-200 per hour let alone have my minions haul gear to an event.
DJ JulioYEG 8:09 PM - 3 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

the good old case of the under cutting dj...
deejdave 1:30 AM - 5 November, 2018
You never know the region/market he may be in. While this would be undercutting to some it may be right in line for other areas/markets. You never know the demographic he may be catering to either. perhaps he is not looking for the high end customers. TBH they are usually the ones that are the hassle anyways LOL. Have two guys charge 1500 for gig have four guys charge 3000............ whats the difference?

You also never know what each individual may do for their daytime job. I charge a decent amount for DJing but if I am being honest this is a fart in the wind compared to my actual career. This affords me to be VERY picky in what jobs I do and I ALWAYS have fun doing them. Quite the change from ten (or so) years ago.

Point is there is no reason to judge when you have zero idea what is/isn't going on. FWIW I am only speaking to a select few as I fully understand some here are far beyond reasoning. Take it or leave it.
DJ Unique 4:24 AM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

I wouldn't even get out of bed for $100-200 per hour let alone have my minions haul gear to an event.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

I am sure you guys are not reading correctly.
On weddings I make anywhere between $600 for 2 speaker "sound only" up to $1,200 per 5-6 hour gig. Simple setups. If there are up-sells, this will increase.
To complain about a $40 Serato item is silly to me.
al83 7:52 AM - 5 November, 2018
I see his point, you can’t even MIDI map the new controls to a controller! I’d still pay the 40$ though as it is handy, just disappointed at how rudimentary it is..
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 12:15 AM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

On weddings I make anywhere between $600 for 2 speaker "sound only" up to $1,200 per 5-6 hour gig. Simple setups. If there are up-sells, this will increase.

I am sure I am reading correctly. $600-$1200 for a sound only gig is like a volunteer job for charity.

I wouldn't even put shoe on single foot and tie shoe string for $1200.
DJ Unique 12:17 AM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$40 bucks?

LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.

I am sure I am reading correctly. $600-$1200 for a sound only gig is like a volunteer job for charity.

I wouldn't even put shoe on single foot and tie shoe string for $1200.

HaHaHa...
OK
deejdave 12:25 AM - 6 November, 2018
Like I said

Quote:
FWIW I am only speaking to a select few as I fully understand some here are far beyond reasoning.
skinnyguy 2:41 AM - 6 November, 2018
really? i havenʻt tried it....but is serato play just adding use of a 3-band eq?

could they at least add crossfade for autoplay at that price? or are we going to have to shell out another 40 for that?
deejdave 2:49 AM - 6 November, 2018
Should probably try it before making comments like that. Serato DJ Pro itself has crossfader and autoplay nevermid this expansion LOL. Unless you are talking about automix (as in auto-DJ) in which I don't think you will have to worry about spending another $40 for as it will never happen.

FWIW Serato play adds more than just a 3-band eq btw.............

I get this is not going to be everybody's everything BUT this DOES address some of the largest requests people have been asking for while keeping things realistic. Again nobody is forced to use it or purchase it.
deejdave 2:51 AM - 6 November, 2018
Maybe I am not understanding what you are looking for though? Like auto bpm detection auto mix etc. or just a simple crossfade as in Serato Pyro?
DJ WUMI 9:44 PM - 12 December, 2018
So what if its only 40 bucks? Its the damn Principle. Free software like virtual dj has had this since the beginning of time. As a person who bought the software fully for 200 during its release your now gonna charge me an extra 40 bucks? When will it end? Whats next. Now they're gonna charge for extra cue points? extra slots for samplers? This is sad.
Comrade Tulayev 10:00 PM - 12 December, 2018
So much moaning and whining on here
popnwave 10:08 PM - 12 December, 2018
Quote:
So what if its only 40 bucks? Its the damn Principle. Free software like virtual dj has had this since the beginning of time. As a person who bought the software fully for 200 during its release your now gonna charge me an extra 40 bucks? When will it end? Whats next. Now they're gonna charge for extra cue points? extra slots for samplers? This is sad.

So don't buy it or switch to VDJ since you seem to have that in your mouth so much.
DJ Intrigue 12:10 AM - 13 December, 2018
It was free for me in todays update...
DJ JulioYEG 12:13 AM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:
It was free for me in todays update...

not gonna update yet tbh ill wait till the new year
DJ WUMI 2:05 AM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

So don't buy it or switch to VDJ since you seem to have that in your mouth so much.

Trust me I would but we all know that serato is the industry standard. 99% of club setups only work with Serato. IF I Go to a club with with a ddjsx in the booth that doesnt work with vdj. Plus people look down on other people using VDJ
Akswun 2:57 AM - 13 December, 2018
I have the suite that I had won off of their FB live announcements last year. They gave some free suites today when announcing play and the integration with soundcloud and tidal. I could have easily have won another suite but I had no use for it. 5 other viewers got em.

Play seems cool but not something I would use to gig with. I don’t know about paying for it. There is SSL if you want to be budget djing. SL1s are cheap. I’m seeing them for $50. Don’t even need a new laptop to handle the software.

There is VDJ. But I don’t really care about vdj.
DJ Tecniq 3:41 AM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:
LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.
Damn bro you should be charging 1000+ for your services. A wedding for me is like a 10 hr gig pretty much a full day since i arrive to set up 2 hrs early then you add the contracts, itinerary paperwork etc. Get paid for your time not just your DJ services.
DJ JulioYEG 4:37 AM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:

I agree you are undercutting big time 800 minimum for a wedding g that's just for sound no reception lighting or nimbus etc
DANGERUST 6:24 AM - 13 December, 2018
To me this add on is pointless but thats my opinion
Thyroxine 8:10 AM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:
I will explay why:

The features Serato Play delivers are standard in other DJ software (and really should be: I mean this is really basic stuff we are talking about). Serato is years behind with it and still think we should pay 40 bucks for it? Thanks, but no thanks.

I am a heavy user of their software since I make a living out of djing and I own ever single other expansion pack (bought them directly when they came out - so I payed every one single and not via the suite option which is cheaper), spend nearly 950€ for the SL4 soundcard (when playing with decks) and 1000€ for a DDJ-SX2 (for smaller gigs) to use their software and now they want 40€ from me for 3band eq and a virtual crossfader? No way.

If they opened up Serato to be used with any soundcard or things like that (like traktor just did with Traktor 3 and Traktor DVS): I would pay (even a higher price) IMMEDIATELY and very much willing to do this. But like it is now I really think it's impertinent of them to charge an extra 40€ for the VERY LITTLE things they bring to the table with Serato Play.

They have promised to do a special offer for users who, like you and me, purchased all of the expansion packs separately.

serato.com

However, I still can't find it. There is no such an option in Blog Posts, Serato Play description, Store and even in the Tech Support.

My Serato offers me to buy this pack in full price.
dj_soo 9:31 AM - 13 December, 2018
yea I start at $900 these days and go up if I need to bring more gear or play for longer.

I'd love to start at higher, but undercutters are fucking up my city something fierce.
gav Clifton 2:42 PM - 13 December, 2018
It seems expensive to me purely because you can get a Numark Dj2go for like £25 more, which seems to offer a much better work flow than a keyboard if your into the minimal setup or need something for on the train or plane 🤷‍♂️
Frozone 4:35 PM - 13 December, 2018
Quote:
I will explay why:

LOL - Don't buy it then, or buy it because you want to support serato ( and you will get use from the expansion pack ). Stop with the competition cheaper talk or comparing products etc. buy what you like or are comfortable with. JS IMO
Despo 11:19 PM - 13 December, 2018
all of you people saying don't buy it - we won't. Make it atleast midi mappable ffs, so frustrating
DJ JulioYEG 12:51 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
all of you people saying don't buy it - we won't. Make it atleast midi mappable ffs, so frustrating

the whole point of it is to have no device connected. serato will never please you guys lol stop complaining
deejdave 1:54 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

the whole point of it is to have no device connected. serato will never please you guys lol stop complaining

This is pure gold. Don't forget soundcard support!!! LOL
DJ Unique 3:16 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
LOL...
Yep
Very reasonable prices.
Damn bro you should be charging 1000+ for your services. A wedding for me is like a 10 hr gig pretty much a full day since i arrive to set up 2 hrs early then you add the contracts, itinerary paperwork etc. Get paid for your time not just your DJ services.

True.
Most basic "sound only" weddings end up at about $800.
Once the upsells kick in then it might climb up to $1,700 for the whole event.
DJ JulioYEG 3:50 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ughhh serato is so bad i cant use my 100 dollar vdj controller on serato they need to unlock all soundcards !!
Thyroxine 2:58 PM - 14 December, 2018
Serato employees confirmed free licenses of Play for customers who bought ALL the packs from the Suite except Play one-by-one (Serato DJ Pro, Serato Video, Serato DVS, Serato FX, Serato Flip and Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ) before December, 13 but not the Suite bundle itself.

serato.com

serato.com

You need to contact support by e-mail to sales@serato.com.
Dj Nyce 10:29 AM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
Serato employees confirmed free licenses of Play for customers who bought ALL the packs from the Suite except Play one-by-one (Serato DJ Pro, Serato Video, Serato DVS, Serato FX, Serato Flip and Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ) before December, 13 but not the Suite bundle itself.

serato.com

serato.com

You need to contact support by e-mail to sales@serato.com.

thanks. i came to this thread looking for this answer, not how much someone is getting paid to dj.
Despo 3:54 AM - 16 December, 2018
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="8.5">

<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="10">

<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="9">

ughhh serato is so bad i cant use my 100 dollar vdj controller on serato they need to unlock all soundcards !!

Dude with serato you need to connect a soundcard just to map a controller. I have an sl4, a 62 and an s9 so dont give me that shit with that 100 dollar vdj controller when ive spent several thousand bucks on hardware. I dont want to connect my sl box just to quickly map my maschine controller. I don't get why you people have such a hard-on for unconvenient software design.
Chill 1 3:53 PM - 16 December, 2018
Sorry if I’ve missed anything, no time to read through all comments.
I agree. Regardless of how much money you make, from a wedding or a funeral :D
It is over priced for that feature, I also think sample is over priced for a plug in with functions that are already in most DAW’s. Different strokes for different folks, if you can justify buying it, buy it, if you’ve got better things to spend your money on, don’t buy it.
Not much different to 2 deck mode without hardware that came out when pro launched in my opinion.
I’ve seen people djing with iTunes with their build in crossfade songs feature, funny! Serato don’t start to be funny. Have more pride in added pro at the end of serato and lay off the gimmicks I say
Gio Alex 4:52 PM - 17 December, 2018
So basically Serato figured out a way to give you offline SP-6 by making you pay for it. lol

That's the only feature I ever wanted that required me to plug in the tons of serato hardware I own.
Gio Alex 4:56 PM - 17 December, 2018
I own a SL3, Rane 61, SR2, DVS License, PNT, FX pack, FLIP, REMOTE... only thing I don't own is video. So i would still need to pay for this feature?
Logisticalstyles 2:24 PM - 18 December, 2018
I'm in a similar situation. I already have a full Serato DJ Pro license, Flip, Pitch N Time, Serato Video, Wolfpack, and BackPack, DVS license, and Serato Remote. I just sent Support a message to see if I can get Play added to my account.
Chill 1 2:50 PM - 18 December, 2018
I think we should get it free if you have already paid for most of the other add ons . I have the rest apart from flip
popnwave 3:32 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
I think we should get it free if you have already paid for most of the other add ons . I have the rest apart from flip

Lol now we are getting into choosing beggars territory. "most" is not all, like the other users.
Gio Alex 3:40 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Lol now we are getting into choosing beggars territory. "most" is not all, like the other users.

How is that beggars? New users get to pay pennies for a simple feature, compared to us that literally had to buy $1500-1800+ mixers just to use serato.
Chill 1 3:47 PM - 18 December, 2018
Thank you! I couldn’t have said it any better
Gio Alex 3:47 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
I'm in a similar situation. I already have a full Serato DJ Pro license, Flip, Pitch N Time, Serato Video, Wolfpack, and BackPack, DVS license, and Serato Remote. I just sent Support a message to see if I can get Play added to my account.

Maybe I should do the same, lemme know how that goes.
Chill 1 3:56 PM - 18 December, 2018
I think we all should, they should listen to the hardcore hardware users, a lot of us have been here from the start when the sl1 was first launched.
A lot of people on here miss the point which is more about principle.
Rebelguy 4:02 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How is that beggars? New users get to pay pennies for a simple feature, compared to us that literally had to buy $1500-1800+ mixers just to use serato.

Dude give me a break. New users have to pay $40. While this isn’t a huge amount it’s definitely not pennies. You purchased your mixer knowing exactly what features and software it came with. Now you are expecting future releases to be included. That’s like buying an Xbox or PS4 and expecting all the future games to be free.

We can debate the validity of Serato charging for this feature at all but everyone whining because they aren’t getting something for free that wasn’t ever advertised or promised to be included need to get out of this entitlement mentality. Serato is a business that is in place to make money. We are consumers that have the option of buying into their ecosystem or not. If you don’t like something then quit making idle threats and move on. What’s really going to make Serato take notice of their userbase not liking their sales tactics? A drop in numbers would definitely do it. There are quite a few options to Serato now.
deejdave 4:06 PM - 18 December, 2018
I heard that they will be granting play licenses to users who have previously purchased all (not some or most) expansions and if we are being honest that is the only logical way to do it. If we go with some or most who decides where the cutoff is and which ones are required? This is also about principle. Who is us all now? Are you suggesting every user who thinks they are a core user should just be granted all licenses for free from this day forward? Not being a prick I am genuinely curious where this is going? Keep in mind some of us have more Serato hardware than others (trust me lol) does this make me more worthy than others? I’d like to think we are all on the same level and should all get what we deserve not just what we want.
DJ Intrigue 5:06 PM - 18 December, 2018
Yep, I got it for free. DIPPED IN SAUCE!
DJ Tecniq 6:07 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Yep, I got it for free. DIPPED IN SAUCE!
Says Aptiditta/YZ/DJ Intrigue lol
popnwave 6:09 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:

Seriously, look up the term or better yet /r/choosingbeggers on reddit. You offer some great input on this forum but you are dangerously close to acting like an entitled bozo with this stance. No one is forcing you or anyone else to use Play, nor should you get it for free because you own a certain mixer or controller setup. It's tied to software purchases made and the ONLY people deserving are the ones who picked up the SUITE piece by piece over time vs outright.

And yeah why isn't Intrigue gone already? Moderation on here is the pits.
DJ Tecniq 6:15 PM - 18 December, 2018
My thoughts on this if you were a user of Scratchlive it should be free for users that have stuck with the company for so long since the beginning. Regarding Serato Play...did they fix the echo out at least🤔
DJ Tecniq 6:27 PM - 18 December, 2018
Nevermind can’t use fx in Serato play. Not paying $40 for that crap.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:32 PM - 18 December, 2018
If you’ve bought every Expansion pack they offer you will get it for free....

Just shoot an email to sales and they add it to your account.

It took me less then 10 minutes from sending the email to having the license.....
DJ Tecniq 6:38 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:

It took me less then 10 minutes from sending the email to having the license.....
I have all but Serato remote does that count. I don’t have a tablet nor use one anyway🤷🏼‍♂️
Gio Alex 6:42 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude give me a break. New users have to pay $40. While this isn’t a huge amount it’s definitely not pennies. You purchased your mixer knowing exactly what features and software it came with. Now you are expecting future releases to be included. That’s like buying an Xbox or PS4 and expecting all the future games to be free.

We can debate the validity of Serato charging for this feature at all but everyone whining because they aren’t getting something for free that wasn’t ever advertised or promised to be included need to get out of this entitlement mentality. Serato is a business that is in place to make money. We are consumers that have the option of buying into their ecosystem or not. If you don’t like something then quit making idle threats and move on. What’s really going to make Serato take notice of their userbase not liking their sales tactics? A drop in numbers would definitely do it. There are quite a few options to Serato now.

This guy... It's not just mixers. I'm still continuously paying for features every single time. features that should already be on there. For instance, how they release a offline mode, but couldn't offer SP-6 offline. We're talking samples and one shots. I have to stand up and connect my mixer, box, or controller to just add a damn sample?

Also, don't get me confused with someone who bought a 57 and bitching about features years later. I own all kinds of serato ADD ONS and mixers. It's not about the money per se, it's about features we've been asking for YEARS now.... simple ones that are included in competitor software. I pay for all my software, i'm not broke or cheap, but this is getting out of hand now.
Gio Alex 6:43 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously, look up the term or better yet /r/choosingbeggers on reddit. You offer some great input on this forum but you are dangerously close to acting like an entitled bozo with this stance. No one is forcing you or anyone else to use Play, nor should you get it for free because you own a certain mixer or controller setup. It's tied to software purchases made and the ONLY people deserving are the ones who picked up the SUITE piece by piece over time vs outright.

I'm a bozo now?
Gio Alex 6:49 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Read my above comment about all the shit i pay for. I didn't just buy one mixer over the course of 12 years and decide okay i should not be paying more from there on. I still pay for all sorts of shit and i have ZERO problems pay for things.

My issues is, slicing the software into pieces and making you pay for every little bit. AND i've DONE that. It is what it is.... Now i've gotten all the add-ons I need, I wouldn't mind using play, for one simple feature- SP-6, which a ton of us having been asking for years before serato decided to chop up all the features. How is that feeling entitled when I already own the pro license, gear??? Hell, i even own a DVS kit for my controller. I don't mind paying for add-ons. This tho, is something i feel should be given to pro license owners. Now someone who hasn't spent jack squat and just roll up and spend 40 bucks and be a dj.
DJ Intrigue 6:51 PM - 18 December, 2018
Serato should definitely move to a monthly subscription model. Then all of you wouldn't whine and bitch about them implementing incredible ground breaking new features and actually charging for them. They are a business you know?
Gio Alex 6:52 PM - 18 December, 2018
They already have a monthly subscription. it's 9.99 for everything. The prob is I already bought most of those things. So paying a monthly subscription would make no sense. It would only benefit new users. Which is obviously their focus.
DJ Intrigue 6:54 PM - 18 December, 2018
well there is the solution to your problem, go ahead and move over to the subscription Gio! Enjoy bud!
Gio Alex 7:01 PM - 18 December, 2018
But I already own 205 bucks in add ons or expansions. Why would i pay 10 bucks a month? Woulda been cool if it was offered when these things were purchased.

I don't need video. I stopped the whole serato video thing years ago, doesn't apply to what I do or even would work in some of the venues I play.
popnwave 7:36 PM - 18 December, 2018
en·ti·tled
/inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/Submit
adjective
believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

www.urbandictionary.com

Everyone is wrong sometimes, bozo was the wrong word.. ^^^
Gio Alex 7:48 PM - 18 December, 2018
You do realize I understand what entitled means right. I'm not a child. But sure, carry on. You clearly didn't read my arguments.
popnwave 7:51 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
You do realize I understand what entitled means right. I'm not a child. But sure, carry on. You clearly didn't read my arguments.

I did, and clearly you don't. You were not promised Play when you bought all of the hardware and now you are harping that because you spent $$$ in the past you are... wait for it.. entitled to the plug in/features for free.

So complain all you like, it just makes you look bad. I own 90% of the plug ins stand alone as well, hell I own VIDEO and I never use it and I paid $150+ for it when it first came out. Does it mean I should get Play? Nope.
Gio Alex 8:04 PM - 18 December, 2018
You didn't read. That makes YOU look bad in fact. Name calling because you don't agree. My whole point is they're splicing bits and pieces of features that could've/should've already been included in the offline mode. e.g., SP-6.

Other competitors had all of these eons ago. It's not a huge deal. I'm not broke, or cheap. IF the feature is something major or makes sense I'll pay for it, I have in the past and didn't care. Doesn't bother me one bit. I've blown the same amount on the shit you blew too for things I don't use. I don't nor am I complaining about that.

The funny thing is I don't even want or need play. I just want to not connect any of the hardware I own in order to move around some samples in SP-6 lol. Which is a feature a ton of us have asked for way before they started charging for licenses and such. That's literally all it is.

I would've much rather not getting the offline mode at all and just being asked to pay 40 for that and all the new included features. But to give us some of and then ask more for the rest when we already own the pro version is a bit off. If you own a traktor pro license it's a pro license. They don't go hey there's a sorta pro offline version of that pro pay up for that part.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:46 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have all but Serato remote does that count. I don’t have a tablet nor use one anyway🤷🏼‍♂️

The remote app isn’t necessary Lol!
Logisticalstyles 8:48 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

They added it for me free of charge.
Gio Alex 9:03 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And there ya go!

where's popnwave. Why would they honor this unless they thought it was a fair argument/case?
popnwave 10:25 PM - 18 December, 2018
Right here and that was NOT the argument you were making so don't even try to switch it up. I even SAID in my post that folks who had bought most of the features are the ones who should get PLAY.

Just not your:

Quote:

So stay in your lane and think about what you've said before coming back at me. If you own a stand alone license of SDJ and 90% of the plugins, fine, tons of us do. But that is not what you posted about. Go read your own comments ffs.
popnwave 10:27 PM - 18 December, 2018
And look at the beta forum where the scenario first came up, I was there giving Serato props before this silliness too off in general discussion.
Gio Alex 10:40 PM - 18 December, 2018
Stay in my lane? First off you chose a portion of my argument/point and conveniently chose to omit the other part where countless times I made it VERY clear what I was explaining. I love when people do this, leave shit out to look like they’re right.

Since you’re so good at reading comments, what about the 4 paragraphs where in detail I explain my gripe.

No one was coming at you? You’re the one calling me names from the jump cuz you somehow got triggered by people complaining in a forum. My response purely has to do with features and not calling anybody names. Everybody’s a smart ass and tough guy on the internet. This is why I didn’t resort to your bs ways of handling things. It’s pointless. Not tryna measure dicks, or who says what tougher on a keyboard. Come on man.
Gio Alex 10:42 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We even said we had a similar situation lol
So Fresh 10:54 PM - 18 December, 2018
I did that and they added it not questions
Mr. Goodkat 11:14 PM - 18 December, 2018
if any 40$ feature causes this much trouble they should give it away from xmas to new years as a present. then 40$ after that. they could have done it at launch.

its essentially a plugin and plugin developers to this all the time. then again serato sample is 99$ and i think the cheapest they got was 49$. maybe at least half priced if you have a registered serato product.
Gio Alex 11:38 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
if any 40$ feature causes this much trouble they should give it away from xmas to new years as a present. then 40$ after that. they could have done it at launch.

its essentially a plugin and plugin developers to this all the time. then again serato sample is 99$ and i think the cheapest they got was 49$. maybe at least half priced if you have a registered serato product.

Lmao... I’m not even the one tripping, but just tryna flex and being disrespectful. If Is what it is. The whole thing is funny.
Gio Alex 11:39 PM - 18 December, 2018
I meant to say people are tryna flex and being disrespectful. Still no edit button on this forum. Another complaint. 🤫😝
popnwave 11:55 PM - 18 December, 2018
No flexing, you're just trippin on about $40. I'm moving on.
Gio Alex 12:05 AM - 19 December, 2018
Lol the root of it wasn’t about $40 though. I’m glad you’re moving on and your temper tantrum is over though.
DJ Intrigue 12:11 AM - 19 December, 2018
must be that time of the month for ole popnwave ey?
Chill 1 12:27 AM - 19 December, 2018
Haha!!
Dj Nyce 10:35 PM - 19 December, 2018
lets be clear...
SL2
SL3
DDJ-SX2
Sample
Every *insert brown clap emoji*
Single *insert brown clap emoji*
Expansion *insert brown clap emoji*
Pack *insert brown clap emoji*
DJ JulioYEG 11:03 PM - 23 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Dude with serato you need to connect a soundcard just to map a controller. I have an sl4, a 62 and an s9 so dont give me that shit with that 100 dollar vdj controller when ive spent several thousand bucks on hardware. I dont want to connect my sl box just to quickly map my maschine controller. I don't get why you people have such a hard-on for unconvenient software design.

I dont see ur problem sir if u wanna have to midi map its gonna be plugged in anyways so just use the full version of the software u imbecile and stop ur crying or santa is gonna give you coal for being an annoying little bitch and not your $100 sdj lite controller
DJ Intrigue 4:30 PM - 24 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont see ur problem sir if u wanna have to midi map its gonna be plugged in anyways so just use the full version of the software u imbecile and stop ur crying or santa is gonna give you coal for being an annoying little bitch and not your $100 sdj lite controller

My guy!!!!
DJ JulioYEG 6:38 AM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My guy!!!!

my guyyyyy <3 merry christmas
popnwave 4:27 PM - 26 December, 2018
50% off right now.
Chill 1 12:10 AM - 27 December, 2018
Quote:
50% off right now.

Dj pro is, not play what this discussion is on
popnwave 1:54 AM - 27 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
50% off right now.

Dj pro is, not play what this discussion is on

Nah the plugin was posted as a direct offer - I see it's not posted on the main site though. Watch Serato's ads on social media and your email.
popnwave 1:57 AM - 27 December, 2018
And FYI:

imgur.com
Chill 1 8:17 AM - 27 December, 2018
Play is not half price anywhere on the web right now, if so, feel free to sent me a link that would work
popnwave 1:49 PM - 27 December, 2018
Quote:
Play is not half price anywhere on the web right now, if so, feel free to sent me a link that would work

Do you always get people to help you after trying to correct them and then not apologizing?
popnwave 1:57 PM - 27 December, 2018
But maybe you'll learn moving forward, so here ya go:

serato.com
Chill 1 8:03 PM - 27 December, 2018
What you going on about? Enlighten me why I would apologise to you?
I’ve seen you on here a few times picking arguments with people, don’t try with me son! Shove your play all the way!
popnwave 8:24 PM - 27 December, 2018
Quote:
What you going on about? Enlighten me why I would apologise to you?
I’ve seen you on here a few times picking arguments with people, don’t try with me son! Shove your play all the way!

Because you incorrectly tried to say Play wasn't on sale, ya chav.

gph.is
Mr. Goodkat 8:28 PM - 27 December, 2018
chill1 is not very chill
Chill 1 8:51 PM - 27 December, 2018
Chav? No idea where you got that idea from? Again, why would I apologise to you? It was no where in the web when I checked, you said yourself...
“Nah the plugin was posted as a direct offer - I see it's not posted on the main site though. Watch Serato's ads on social media and your email”
Then you sent me a link that proved nothing, so I said send me a link that would work?
So again what have I got to apologise to you for?
In you first post on this discussion, picking hairs, you finish by saying, “Stop acting like you're entitled.” Yet you are acting like you are entitled to an apology, we’ll your not, you are are also coming across like you are doing me some massive favor while still picking hairs. I despise people like you, i’m far from a chav yet you’re showing your true colours on here, well done keep it up, will only show what a mug you are
Quote:
chill1 is not very chill

I’m human, Sometimes chilled sometimes , I shoot from the Hip aren’t we all? I say it how it is, doesn’t mean I’m not sipping on a iced drink with my legs up right now 🧘‍♀️
popnwave 9:35 PM - 27 December, 2018
The link I posted

serato.com

Quote:

serato.com

Works just fine, I checked it again and it lands on a page that says:

50% off Serato Play
Now USD 19.50 - For a limited time only

With a BUY NOW button that loads this link:

serato.com

You said there was no sale, I've now posted examples. So yeah you should apologize for 1: bring wrong 2: not being able to read a thread and/or follow links posted 3: being an ungrateful dick when someone is trying to post something helpful. Sorry I made you work with a few clicks of your damn trackpad/mouse for a discount.
popnwave 9:36 PM - 27 December, 2018
And damn this forum for no edit button, it's like twitter but you can't even delete your shit after the fact.
popnwave 9:37 PM - 27 December, 2018
And if still is hard to figure out - 50OFFPLAY is the stupid coupon code, that should work with it in your cart no matter how you get to the checkout screen.
Chill 1 12:17 AM - 28 December, 2018
Are you for real? You even said yourself it’s not on the main serato site, then you sent me this...

“Do you always get people to help you after trying to correct them and then not apologizing?”

This was before you sent me the link Serato.com, so you were taking about apologising before you even sent me the link to play! And as for “Do you always get people to help you“ I didn’t ask for you help with anything! I didn’t even say I wanted play, so why you’re mentioning cart and check out screen and all the rest of your madness haha!!! Are you nuts? You are certainly coming across like you are.
novakone 1:00 AM - 28 December, 2018
Yall r fuckin embarrassment to tha community
Chill 1 2:48 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Yall r fuckin embarrassment to tha community

couldn't agree more
popnwave 5:35 AM - 28 December, 2018
FFS you guys prove to me every day that many DJs are either, cheap, stupid or a combo of both.
Chill 1 5:45 AM - 28 December, 2018
So true! Was reading some more of your other rubbish on here!! Haha what a joker! Stupid is an understatement! Don’t give yourself too much credit! 🤯
popnwave 5:46 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
So true! Was reading some more of your other rubbish on here!! Haha what a joker! Stupid is an understatement! Don’t give yourself too much credit! 🤯

Says the guy who's only posted showing himself being a lazy cheap ass. Good job.
Chill 1 6:07 AM - 28 December, 2018
I still have no idea what you are going on about? And I don’t think you do? Please elaborate? You know f all about me? You are full of assumptions and it’s obvious that’s not all you’re full of. I have better things to do than read your rubbish, so I’m leaving this discussion, look for someone else to start your quibbles with... fool!
Chill 1 11:51 AM - 28 December, 2018
I thought it was only fair I read this whole discussion before signing off from it. Someone mentioned above “I love when people do this, leave shit out to look like they’re right”, he was referring to you, you’ve done exactly the same with me, if anyone should apologise it should be you. Rather than agreeing with me (the one who was right) the discount wasnt out for everyone to see, you had to post the link you had just to prove a point you could get it half price, not to help anyone. It is clear above you sent the link after you were telling me to apologise, again I had nothing to apologise for. You would obviously need to read all the above carefully and slowly to understand. Again as the person mentioned above, “you are leaving shit out to look like you’re right.” Instead of excepting you are wrong you are constantly making unnecessary agruments on here, you are talking nonsense right through the forum and you should be blocked on here, people like you causing unnecessary arguments should be blocked from the forum. It is obvious you are far from intellectual, I’m sure your absence would be a blessing. I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time writing this, maybe I just feel it’s necessary to expose the person you are.
I have no interest in any other rubbish you may think of next, I’m sure others on here you tried to rattle have had enough on this discussion also, try to search for peace in life instead of being a nob to everyone, I’ve been on this forum since it was launched over a decade ago and been spinning for over 3! this is the first argument I’ve ever had with a fellow Dj, where I felt I need to talk out when someone is clearly here to cause agruments. I wonder how many agruments you’ve had on here, I wonder if you are also the same to people’s faces, probably not. Signing off...
popnwave 1:34 PM - 28 December, 2018
LOL
DJ JulioYEG 10:57 PM - 29 December, 2018
Quote:
LOL

LOL
2cre8iv 5:36 AM - 30 December, 2018
I just paid the full price for serato (around black friday, expecting a sale.) there was no sale so I got it anyway. again, FULL PRICE! ...a week later visiting the site, its $64 USD.. 50% off!! -- Not everybody is a working DJ who can roll the software into their clients fee, I am trying to learn, and I am willing to pay for the software, a heads up that there is going to be a sale would have been nice..
Long waits for meaningful updates (not just "..now works with THIS hardware") and being less than genuine with your long time members sort of makes Rekordbox more attractive every day. (I mean, I'm using pioneer hardware anyway) and feature-for-feature, they (pioneer) seem to be catching up to serato's offerings very quickly.

Honestly, I LOVE the software.. I just hate being robbed.
Am I bitter? ..YES!
popnwave 3:31 AM - 31 December, 2018
You weren't robbed, you bought a tool and hopefully, it has provided itself to be useful. A month of use should have already paid you $65, or you are not valuing your time enough.
Gio Alex 6:52 PM - 2 January, 2019
Sup guys! ;)
2cre8iv 7:37 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
You weren't robbed, you bought a tool and hopefully, it has provided itself to be useful. A month of use should have already paid you $65, or you are not valuing your time enough.

I don't know where you were going with the $55 thing, as I stated that I am NOT making money from djing yet. Further, I am just pissed because it was discounted heavily almost immediately after I purchased it at full price. I was mearly stating a point of fact. Thanks for the lecture tho.
Gio Alex 7:44 PM - 2 January, 2019
That's a fair point.

I think by now though it's a pattern that serato does these 50% discounts quit often. Especially during major holidays.
Dj Shamann 9:33 AM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:
But maybe you'll learn moving forward, so here ya go:

serato.com

I don't really visit anymore, but at least one thing I got out of having to read through an argument was a coupon code, thanks popnwave.
05spoof 11:21 PM - 22 January, 2019
so PLAY is free if you own all the other Serato stuff?.. Even if I got Video because of the SP1?
Clubber1970 2:48 AM - 24 January, 2019
I got it for free because I have all Serato modules bought seperatly. Just wrote a mail to sales@serato.com
Diiijay 10:46 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
I will explay why:

I agree with you! (The fanboys are mad at me). Even more that this software is full of bugs and has no quality control. They release heavy final versions and as if they were BETA versions. They are delayed in time (see how long to release the 64-bit version). They only live by partnering with hardware manufacturers and disclosure. Fanboys ripping feathers in 3, 2, 1...
djcoma1200 9:25 PM - 27 January, 2019
Does anybody know if there's a way to change the crossfader curve for Serato Play? If not, it seems rather useless to me to have only a scratch curve (or the scratch curve as an option at all) if we're supposed to use this tool for dj'ing with only a laptop.
dj_soo 2:25 AM - 28 January, 2019
In the settings there’s a crossfader adjustment
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 11:40 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:

If they opened up Serato to be used with any soundcard or things like that (like traktor just did with Traktor 3 and Traktor DVS): I would pay (even a higher price)

Native Instruments had no other choice since there is a real lack of Traktor certified hardware and the list keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Currently making Traktor compatible hardware is something of little interest to most vendors.
dj_soo 2:15 AM - 29 January, 2019
It's NI's own fault.

They were really taking over a big chunk the DJ world with the S4 and S2 - offering a fully featured, affordable controller with a relatively proven software behind it. The Z2 was hugely attractive as a fully integrated scratch mixer with built in controls for about half the price of the competition, and the X1 was a great add-on controller that even Serato DJs were picking up. The Remix decks were offering near Ableton levels of control over launching clips and layers, and their effects were far superior to anyone else out there in terms of customization and quality.

Then, instead of fulfilling long-standing feature requests like more refined library, dynamic beatgrids, or stuff like smart playlists, they made this decision to ditch the platters entirely, and go all-in for developing hardware for the failed STEMS format that almost no high profile or well known producers wanted to use, which consequently, no djs really wanted to buy the tracks in that format. Then after the S5 or S8 failed to really capture much of the market, they basically abandoned the software for about 3 years with only a single update during that period where the only thing they added was a step sequencer no one asked for and some color coding.
novakone 7:14 PM - 29 January, 2019
Quote:
It's NI's own fault.

They were really taking over a big chunk the DJ world with the S4 and S2 - offering a fully featured, affordable controller with a relatively proven software behind it. The Z2 was hugely attractive as a fully integrated scratch mixer with built in controls for about half the price of the competition, and the X1 was a great add-on controller that even Serato DJs were picking up. The Remix decks were offering near Ableton levels of control over launching clips and layers, and their effects were far superior to anyone else out there in terms of customization and quality.

Then, instead of fulfilling long-standing feature requests like more refined library, dynamic beatgrids, or stuff like smart playlists, they made this decision to ditch the platters entirely, and go all-in for developing hardware for the failed STEMS format that almost no high profile or well known producers wanted to use, which consequently, no djs really wanted to buy the tracks in that format. Then after the S5 or S8 failed to really capture much of the market, they basically abandoned the software for about 3 years with only a single update during that period where the only thing they added was a step sequencer no one asked for and some color coding.

The Z2 was dope for the price. Lovely little mixer, plus those rotary dials for loops
djcoma1200 7:40 PM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
In the settings there’s a crossfader adjustment

Thanks! I didn't notice the MIXER tab that is normally gone when you are "offline" gets activated when Serato Play is enabled. I was only looking in that little settings panel for Serato Play where you can assign the channels to crossfader. Not sure why they would spread the settings for Play to two different areas.