Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

New update?

Klaus von Spessart 4:44 PM - 26 September, 2018
Atleast it feels like almost a year when a new update came. Is/will there be a schedule when new updates come out? Or did u stop working on it?

Greetings!
JC Biffro 1:24 PM - 28 September, 2018
Agreed.

Most than 16 pads, pleeeeeease. 😍
Rage313 4:15 PM - 17 October, 2018
I wonder that too. This company has been very quiet and haven't said a thing for a year. At least keep us informed that something is being worked on.
Seige Monstracity 7:50 PM - 26 October, 2018
Yeah their update game is super slow.. and its very buggy with Macs Mojave update.. They need a new version immediately!!
Vanhaze2000 11:40 AM - 27 October, 2018
Total agreement, real bummer it's so quiet at Serato Front regarding Sample.
johnfehringer 7:06 AM - 1 November, 2018
Is Serato still working on any update or did they abandoned this project? Sample is a promising tool that desperately needs updating with additions such as export and more cue points. Where are you on development here Serato??
monkiusz 3:32 PM - 1 November, 2018
Yes, that silence from devs is strange.
fa 10:07 PM - 8 November, 2018
Do you still work on the software ?
(need to know before buying the software)
ceelo 3:52 PM - 16 November, 2018
This software is dead in the water
monkiusz 6:43 PM - 16 November, 2018
It is but it's still fantastic piece of software. Hope they will finally update it someday.
electromagnetic 2:18 PM - 21 November, 2018
i like this software.. very great tool to make good samples.

hope you will update it with good features
NewYorkChris 2:51 PM - 21 November, 2018
Yeah hopefully we hear/see something soon from Serato in terms of updates for Sample. It's a great tool with room to grow.
ceelo 3:08 PM - 2 December, 2018
companies like this, start off being very supportive and then once sales stop,so does the support. fuck u serato
DJ Agent M 2:44 AM - 8 December, 2018
Add midi mapping and this is a great alternative sampler. Maschine has caught up.
Mike Diesel 10:14 PM - 28 December, 2018
All I need is the correct tempo to be analyzed, or be able to manually change. Simple fix yet crickets.
jtk 12:35 AM - 30 December, 2018
What is the alternative? I was looking at the Push 2 before I came across Sample. I love the Find Samples feature. Didn't realize it does not read the correct tempo from imported music.
rocksolidarity 11:36 PM - 31 December, 2018
I came up on the sp1200 among others.... they can leave it like this and I'll use it forever but yeah.... wouldn't mind velocity sensitivity. Lol
Ubab 1:40 PM - 6 January, 2019
I started using Serato Sample during the beta phase and to this day this piece of software is one of my go to tools when working with audio samples. Big up Serato for creating this great tool!

But, like most of you here in the forum, I'm desperately waiting for an update to the software because some really essential things are missing.

For me the two most important things are:

* Save/load project with associated sample(s)
* Velocity sensitivity control

Besides the following features/improvements would make Serato Sample the perfect tool for working with audio samples:

* 4 Pad banks A B C D > 64 pads/cue-points
* Key detection for individual cue-points/slices
* Ability to edit the original/detected BPM
* Standalone mode for preparing cue-points > save/load project with sample(s)
* Larger waveform / scalable GUI
* Finer knob control sensitivity
* Ability to replace the sample source while keeping cue-points (stereo > mono replace)

I think we all would really appreciate some feedback from the Serato staff!
Please tell us what and when to expect an update for Serato Sample.
krank 7:28 PM - 30 January, 2019
Come on serato, throw us a fricking bone here... I haven't seen a single positive comment from a staffer for ages... Serato sample is starting to feel like abandonware...
Rumo76 10:41 PM - 7 February, 2019
Quote:
Come on serato, throw us a fricking bone here... I haven't seen a single positive comment from a staffer for ages... Serato sample is starting to feel like abandonware...

100%. They hyped this up, charge $100 for it and left it half-baked.... I bought in at least thinking it would be updated to match the kind of hype behind it... at this point I'd be happy if we could just get some updates to make the basic existing features up to par with a normal sampler...

-Velocity sensitivity
-Allow manual fixing of incorrectly detected tempo (simple tempo/key chagne is probably the biggest selling point, and lack of this makes it almost pointless without bringing another tool into the mix)
-Mappable midi notes (since the standard mapping doesn't map well to MPD pads- and no i'm not going to re-map my hardware controller and make it out of sync with all the other software which cleanly maps to the default)
-More than 16 chops...

And this is just the basics...if I want to take advantage of the benefits of Serato, I usually have to have another sampler in play to get around these issues...
PB3 1:38 PM - 9 February, 2019
The only time I've seen them really be active is on instagram where they're hyping up these Serato Sample competitions BUT......I have made statements regarding an update in the comments and they've responded with "what would you like to see in a future update." So it seems like they're still listening but I just don't know when they're going to drop something.
rocksolidarity 2:21 AM - 24 February, 2019
If they never update it, I can still do what I need it to do. Just wish I didn't have to take the extra steps to facilitate my final direction.
AKIEM 3:28 AM - 25 February, 2019
Quote:
If they never update it, I can still do what I need it to do. Just wish I didn't have to take the extra steps to facilitate my final direction.

eventually you have to consider are the extra steps worth it, instead of use something else without the extra steps
MusicCardsTees 3:33 PM - 19 April, 2019
I'm REALLY hoping they fix the mapping issues. I have an MPD218, and the mapping on it sucks for Sample. It makes it nearly useless.
scare 7:35 AM - 8 May, 2019
from all the "nice to have" features there are two core feature still missing. manual bpm edit and moving all markers at once. on any non transient material the bpm is always way off and every few samples the "split" function is before or after the transient and you need to move every single marker.
eighty8t 3:22 PM - 8 May, 2019
Serato Studio seems to have a updated version of Serato Sample inside of it..
When should we expect for those features to appear in the standalone version?
ADAM.X 4:21 PM - 14 May, 2019
I hope the new update features 80% of what we're asking for.

would really like to see midi mapping so I can use my mpd 232 knobs to scroll through the sample chops.
Dj Destiny(Greece) 11:50 AM - 26 May, 2019
New version please with new features!! 64 pads, maximize size, better views with alternative modes. New design for supporting better microchopping and new options for pitch shift, timestretch fx filters and pads sensitivity of course!
krank 5:51 PM - 1 June, 2019
It's not coming, I'll bet all my internals organs on there never being another update to sample..
AKIEM 6:47 PM - 3 June, 2019
its possible.... feels like a big middle finger to the face if so
GoodVibeMusic 8:25 AM - 7 June, 2019
One small update that would really makes this wonderful instrument so much better is just a simple key press to lock/unlock the cue pads. I really can't see why this wouldn't be a easy task to implement.
GoodVibeMusic 8:31 AM - 7 June, 2019
Quote:
One small update that would really makes this wonderful instrument so much better is just a simple key press to lock/unlock the cue pads. I really can't see why this wouldn't be a easy task to implement.

WOW, I have missed the favorite button ☺️
PB3 10:23 PM - 7 June, 2019
I think this is the successor to Serato Sample: serato.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 12:17 AM - 8 June, 2019
Quote:
I think this is the successor to Serato Sample: serato.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

theyve made some comments that sound like its not, and it shluld not be. if so, thats some bs
NewYorkChris 12:25 PM - 11 June, 2019
They did us Serato Sample owners dirty.
Rage313 6:27 PM - 11 June, 2019
Quote:
They did us Serato Sample owners dirty.

They sure did!!!
ravasb 9:58 PM - 19 June, 2019
We essentially paid $100 for the privilege of beta and bug testing their software. It would be hard for me to imagine that I would ever buy another Serato project unless they made a genuine gesture toward the purchasers of Sample.
J..B.. 6:26 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
We essentially paid $100 for the privilege of beta and bug testing their software. It would be hard for me to imagine that I would ever buy another Serato project unless they made a genuine gesture toward the purchasers of Sample.

I just read your comment and a light bulb went on. YES, it looks like they may have just used Serato Sample buyers/owners to bug test a smaller part of the program that would eventually become Studio.

If that's the case, and I really hope it isn't, then it's actually really devious. I really thought Serato was a good company when I first saw and bought 'Sample'.

I hope we're proved wrong on this.

Take it easy everyone.
NewYorkChris 7:26 PM - 20 June, 2019
On the Serato Youtube page I left a comment on the Serato Studio video. My comment was basically like I stated here that I felt that the Serato Sample owners got cheated out of new features because they decided to abandon "Sample" and focus on "Studio".

Well they responded to my comment saying that they hope to develop some features from studio into sample in the future.

However I don't get the feeling that will be the case for us. I have no interest in STUDIO as it's more of a DJ tool to be more creative with building their own tracks with a "Paint by numbers" approach. I already have a DAW and SAMPLE was an amazing addition to my workflow it just needs some more tweaking feature wise.

I bought SAMPLE during the Beta because I believed in it. I would like to believe Serato will do the right thing here.
cathpeti49 3:10 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
We essentially paid $100 for the privilege of beta and bug testing their software [url=www.comparateur-dependance-senior.com]assurances seniors[/url]. It would be hard for me to imagine that I would ever buy another Serato project unless they made a genuine gesture toward the purchasers of Sample.

But why pay such a sum for a test when you can ask for example from the forum or at not instead of paying.
ravasb 5:09 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
We essentially paid $100 for the privilege of beta and bug testing their software [url=www.comparateur-dependance-senior.com]assurances seniors[/url]. It would be hard for me to imagine that I would ever buy another Serato project unless they made a genuine gesture toward the purchasers of Sample.

But why pay such a sum for a test when you can ask for example from the forum or at not instead of paying.

The mistake I made, which I will not repeat, was believing them to be truthful. I had assumed Serato was a better company than it is.
AKIEM 11:30 PM - 28 August, 2019
serato.com

so now its not "discontinued"

ravasb 11:47 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
serato.com

This is for Studio, not Sample.
J..B.. 11:48 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
serato.com

Was it listed as "discontinued"? I didn't know that.

I really hope that Serato sort something with regard to "Sample" updates and the whole "Studio" subscription thing.
AKIEM 3:24 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

I
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

please read it again
AKIEM 3:35 AM - 29 August, 2019
serato.com

they said 'no current plans to update'

who knows?
DJ DeeJay 12:38 PM - 29 August, 2019
Everyone seems to be missing whats driving this. It's about converting as many people as possible to subscription. You will get your features only if you switch to studio.

They're not going to update non-subscription products. That would lower the pain level of not being on the "eternal payment plan". Think about it.
J..B.. 12:53 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Everyone seems to be missing whats driving this. It's about converting as many people as possible to subscription. You will get your features only if you switch to studio.

They're not going to update non-subscription products. That would lower the pain level of not being on the "eternal payment plan". Think about it.

Absolutely correct.

It's such a shame as "Studio", at least for me, proves to be a really nice and quick sketch pad for new ideas/tunes. I love the simplicity of it.

But, I will not move past demoing it as I will not pay for it via subscription.
ravasb 2:37 PM - 29 August, 2019
It is clear that the Serato people have lost interest in the forum. A lot of threads have bot messages that have been sitting there for a while. They got our money, and have no incentive to even look like they care,
AKIEM 10:05 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:

This is the conclusion and complaint from a good number of users in other threads.
functionform 6:27 PM - 26 September, 2019
It's hard to explain how disappointed I am by this. They could have beefed up Sample and gotten more money from me, but instead they went the route of giving us the finger. I'm glad I started with Sample from Serato. I was thinking of switching from Virtual DJ but now I know I made the right call long ago.

People don't forget Serato. Would it have been so hard to put in more time for more of our money? Much easier to burn your clientele I guess.
Rumo76 12:16 AM - 19 October, 2019
Quote:
...They could have beefed up Sample and gotten more money from me, but instead they went the route of giving us the finger....

This part. I could have easily become interested in their other products, but I will never trust their product support after this. There's no excuse for just completely abandoning both the product and your customers when the paint is barely dry after launch.
fab15 10:51 AM - 15 November, 2019
no more serato for me.
i want a refund for my licence
J..B.. 11:05 AM - 15 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
...They could have beefed up Sample and gotten more money from me, but instead they went the route of giving us the finger....

This part. I could have easily become interested in their other products, but I will never trust their product support after this. There's no excuse for just completely abandoning both the product and your customers when the paint is barely dry after launch.

My feelings precisely. Such a bad way to conduct 'business'.

GREAT products delivered in such a poor manner, what a shame. I won't buy another Serato product because of this, just like I haven't purchased 'Studio' due to the subscription.