Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Future features

ravasb 11:24 PM - 12 July, 2017
There is a lot I like about this already, especially the sound. I would love to see more per slice fx, especially delays and reverbs. Multiple outs would be great, too. I am having fun with this, and am enjoying the sound quality, but the feature set is really limited.
AKIEM 5:24 PM - 13 July, 2017
+1
donhogo 1:21 PM - 14 July, 2017
As mentioned in another thread:

- fade in/fade out for slices
- it should be able to adjust the sensitivity which is used to "recognize" the slices/cuepoints
AKIEM 2:01 AM - 15 July, 2017
Pitch Control
Meaning turn of the time stretch. For example drum loops might not need it.
J..B.. 10:23 AM - 16 July, 2017
Agreed, this is a great plugin and I'm a massive fan already but it definitely needs certain tweaks and features adding in future updates.

- Velocity sensitivity for volume when triggering cues from midi controller.

- Multi outs

- Cue flags should have a key command that allows them to move independently of each other instead of the second flag moving whenever you move the first one ( I keep losing the end of my sample/slice whenever I readjust the first cue flag).

- The ability to drag a mix down of the chopped/affected audio file straight from the pads to the DAW. (See Xfer Nerve for example).

That's a couple of things and I think we should all definitely come back and add constructive ideas for future updates.

Take it easy everyone.
ravasb 9:28 PM - 17 July, 2017
Before I put more thought into features, is Serato a company that is likely to consider feature requests or do they leave the product alone after releasing it, aside from possible bug fixes?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:48 AM - 18 July, 2017
Thanks for the feature suggestions guys! We're listening :)
ravasb 2:49 AM - 18 July, 2017
Thank you,Scott!
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:16 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
is Serato a company that is likely to consider feature requests or do they leave the product alone after releasing it, aside from possible bug fixes?

100% the former. There was a lot of features that were put into Serato Sample during the beta due to user feedback (Keyboard Mode, Mono/Poly, Reverse, Move/Duplicate pads etc), although we had limited time and resource for the 1.0 release we wanted to include the features people had been asking for.

We always read feature requests and think about what can be applied to resolve common problems - we are listening! Please don't be offended if your feature request doesn't' make it through, we plan on doing many more updates after the initial release of 1.0 so hopefully we can include new, exciting, requested features in upcoming updates :)

Kind regards
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:25 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
I would love to see more per slice fx, especially delays and reverbs. Multiple outs would be great, too.

Essentially, what we're thinking is that if you have multiple outs then you can assign different pads to different channels, and apply FX (delays/reverbs etc) on them as you please regularly in the DAW. Do you think this would suffice for your workflow? This way, we won't have to pick and choose over what FX we include in Serato Sample, and the user can apply as many effects units as they desire.
cehashi 7:57 AM - 18 July, 2017
I'm on Maschine and I have finally the time stretch feature I was looking for and with this great quality, so thank you very much but I would love to have more than 16 slices, it would be perfect!
ravasb 11:06 AM - 18 July, 2017
Multiple outs would be great. State/preset saving would also be helpful so I could use the same setting in different projects.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:22 PM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
State/preset saving would also be helpful so I could use the same setting in different projects.

Great idea! We're looking into a solution for this too.

Thanks for the feedback.
Nathan Looney 11:13 PM - 18 July, 2017
Some of these features can be done if you put the plugin on multiple channels within your DAW. Ableton can do almost all the things people are asking.
Jiglo 4:35 PM - 19 July, 2017
I'd like to be able to save the samples i've found by happy accident. If anyone knows how to do this already then please let me know how, or direct me to a how to video/post.

I'm still trying to work out how to use Ableton and can just about construct simple sample based tracks by triggering sequences.
AKIEM 5:42 PM - 19 July, 2017
I haven't done this with ableton yet. But the way to do it would be route output from the Sample track to abother track. Record then chop samples there.

Maybe takes them a while to do this feature but an export sample function would be very useful.

Maybe export Favorite samples
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:14 PM - 19 July, 2017
Hi Jiglo,

In Ableton you can Save a Serato Sample instance as an instrument rack. To do this, click on the Serato Sample instance in the Device View and press Command/Ctrl+G. This will group the devices (if multiple) into an Instrument Rack. Click the Save Preset icon on the Instrument Rack to save this to your Ableton User Folder to use at a later date.

Regards
AKIEM 4:22 AM - 21 July, 2017
I would like a knob, move to adjust the sample cue location.
AKIEM 4:26 AM - 21 July, 2017
This might be a hard one, but being able to set mono/poly and play type per sample. For example you could have one sample (horn riff) that plays over the others.
defjamblaster 4:51 PM - 21 July, 2017
if it's not already possible, i'd like to be able to have samples from different parts of a song all on one instrument, instead of having to create multiple instruments in the daw to use different parts of the same song. if it IS already possible, i didn't see how to do that.

also, is there a written manual? the videos are great but i feel like i'm missing things, like how to move pads? i don't remember seeing that in one of them right off...
AKIEM 4:54 PM - 21 July, 2017
...and I just caught how to place an end point.

manual would be good.
defjamblaster 6:28 PM - 21 July, 2017
J..B.. 2:25 PM - 23 July, 2017
I would love there to be a way of putting Sample into some kind of "lock mode" so that no other cues can be assigned/triggered by accident when playing my midi controller.

For instance, sometimes I may only have 8 cues assigned to my piece of audio and I don't want to assign any more but then when I'm triggering the cues with my midi controller I press a key that doesn't have a cue assigned to it, then a random cue gets assigned to that key by mistake. Then I get confused as to which cues I've purposely assigned or which ones are there because I've hit a wrong key on my controller, if that makes sense?

So, just a simple key press to lock/unlock the cues pads would be very handy.

Also, some way of labelling the "pads" i.e. C1, F#1 or 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever would be really handy as I lose track of which cue is assigned to which key on my controller.

Thanks again for the great plugin and I look forward to see what's coming for Sample in future updates.

Take it easy everyone,

Jason.
AKIEM 6:07 PM - 23 July, 2017
Cosign both.
AKIEM 6:09 PM - 23 July, 2017
I would like to see a 'keyboard' layout. If I'm using a midi keyboard it's difficult to match key to pad.
J..B.. 8:22 PM - 23 July, 2017
Yes,

That's the problem I'm having.

I use a keyboard as my master controller and I constantly have to randomly press a load of different keys on the keyboard to try to find my cues as there's no way to label them.

Take it easy,

Jason.
DJ Madie 11:49 AM - 25 July, 2017
I would love it if you could enable the functionality so that in ableton live when i use the option "Collect All and Save" that it would also save the source files used in serato sample.

Currently the sources for serato sample are not collected and moved in the project folder.
J..B.. 12:37 PM - 25 July, 2017
Hi all,

On a Mac and whatever the PC equivalent is, to be able to hold "command" key then click with the mouse on any knob/parameter for an immediate reset to 0, like in Logic or any other DAW.

Still digging' this great plugin.

Cheers,

Jason.
AKIEM 5:16 PM - 25 July, 2017
stereo flip per channel.

mono summing cancellation.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 12:27 AM - 27 July, 2017
Hey all, some more great suggestions here, keep them coming!

Our products team do pay attention to your requests and some of these features are being looked at already. We want this to be a product 'by the people, for the people' so any and all feedback is helpful.

As Scott mentioned we can't do everything and some features take time to build so please don't be offended if you don't see your feature suggestion added in the short term. There are many plans in the works.
ravasb 6:39 PM - 27 July, 2017
Mike and Scott, I am glad to see how active you are on this forum and am happy to hear how seriously you are taking the feature requests. Are you putting together any kind of timeline so we can see what features will be added?

I will probably buy this once I get a sense of what is going on, and after the demo expires. TBH, the lack of an intro price takes away some of the urgency to buy right now.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 10:33 PM - 27 July, 2017
Hi ravasb.

Thanks for the kind words, yes, we're really keen to make this product a success!

I would love to be able to share a timeline with you but given the nature of software development, often this timeline shifts and changes due to issues that may arise when building new features as well as extra features being added along the way and fixing software bugs that appear etc. It's just not possible to give any specific information about when features will be added or release dates.

I wouldn't want to make any promises that you will see feature X appear at this specific date to then disappoint everyone so thanks for your understanding.

All I can say at this stage is that there is lots more in the works for Serato Sample, it's best to keep an eye on our social media channels for updated info about forthcoming releases.
ravasb 10:36 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
Hi ravasb.

Thanks for the kind words, yes, we're really keen to make this product a success!

I would love to be able to share a timeline with you but given the nature of software development, often this timeline shifts and changes due to issues that may arise when building new features as well as extra features being added along the way and fixing software bugs that appear etc. It's just not possible to give any specific information about when features will be added or release dates.

I wouldn't want to make any promises that you will see feature X appear at this specific date to then disappoint everyone so thanks for your understanding.

All I can say at this stage is that there is lots more in the works for Serato Sample, it's best to keep an eye on our social media channels for updated info about forthcoming releases.

Thank you for the quick reply!
J..B.. 11:25 AM - 28 July, 2017
Ravasb,

I agree with you that an intro price would make myself and probably a lot of others jump into buying the full version of Sample sooner than later.

I've been using and loving the demo for around 3 weeks but probably won't go for the full version for a little while.

An intro discount whilst there are still features/problems being ironed out of the program would definitely sway me to buy now.

Cheers everyone,

Jason.
AKIEM 2:28 PM - 28 July, 2017
I went ahead aND purchased just to show support for it. However, I willl agree the price might be high for most. But for what I personally get out of work flow it's not and as is.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:20 AM - 31 July, 2017
Quote:
On a Mac and whatever the PC equivalent is, to be able to hold "command" key then click with the mouse on any knob/parameter for an immediate reset to 0, like in Logic or any other DAW.

Hold SHIFT + Click :)
NewYorkChris 7:07 PM - 4 August, 2017
Lot of great ideas/feature request here. For me Multi-out is the first new feature added. Sure there is workarounds to get the end result I need but multi-outs would cut all those extra steps out of the way.

I already purchased sample and looking forward to all the future updates.
J..B.. 12:47 PM - 5 August, 2017
Quote:

Quote:
Hold SHIFT + Click :)

Scott,

Thanks for that info much appreciated.

Jason.
J..B.. 1:03 PM - 5 August, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Another rudimentary feature I feel this great plugin should have is for the waveform to automatically scroll left or right if you drag one of your cues to the far left or right of the waveform.

For example, if I want to have a cue that covers lets say 4 bars of the sample that I'm using, then I have to place my first cue flag and then drag my end cue flag to the far right of the waveform then scroll the screen/waveform manually with my mouse and then re-grab the end cue flag and continue to drag it to where I want it to be.

( I know that I can see more of the wave form if I'm zoomed out and then I can see where I want to drop the flag but I'm usually working quite zoomed in on the waveform when chopping samples so the auto scroll feature would help immensely).

If the waveform automatically scrolled then I could just keep hold of my cue flag and then drag it to the far right or left of the waveform, let it scroll and then let go of the flag.

Cheers everyone and I hope you're all still diggin' this great plugging as much as I am.

Take it easy,

Jason
J..B.. 1:21 PM - 5 August, 2017
Also,

It would be great if there was mouse click + key command, for instance CTRL + CLICK, so that I could click on a cue flag using this command and it would light up or somehow indicate which one of the 16 GUI pads the flag was connected to. I find that one of the most unclear things with the plugin is the labelling and I'm often lost as to which pad triggers which cue as the colours are too indistinguishable from each other.

As a few of us have stated elsewhere in this thread we definitely need the ability to label the pads and/or cues, or the GUI needs to be labelled/set out better so that it is clear which is which as we end up pressing a load of random keys on our midi keyboards to find the cue that we want.

Cheers,

Jason.
ravasb 7:39 PM - 10 August, 2017
My demo expires today. I have enjoyed trying out Sample and look forward to seeing how it develops. If new features are added, will there be a way to try them out, even though the current demo expired? I am really on the fence about buying, and want to make sure that Sample is right for me.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:53 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
If new features are added, will there be a way to try them out, even though the current demo expired?

Hi ravasb, currently no. Although we do have the ability to 'reset trials' at our discression, this won't happen with all updates. We'll keep you in the loop closer to the next release to let you know if you're able to use another trial :)
ravasb 10:05 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
If new features are added, will there be a way to try them out, even though the current demo expired?

Hi ravasb, currently no. Although we do have the ability to 'reset trials' at our discression, this won't happen with all updates. We'll keep you in the loop closer to the next release to let you know if you're able to use another trial :)

Thank you for the quick reply. Your involvement in this forum and responding in such a helpful way is one of the biggest reasons I am considering buying this. I do not come from a DJ background at all, but I did have fun with Sample, and will buy once it becomes a bit more producer friendly.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:43 PM - 10 August, 2017
Thanks, we're still working hard on some new features for the next release. Stay tuned for updates!
Klaus von Spessart 3:05 PM - 19 August, 2017
Don't know if this has already been requested but an instant bounce function would be really neat. Meaning u set ur sample and have an option to bounce it to a wav file
J..B.. 3:38 PM - 19 August, 2017
Quote:
Don't know if this has already been requested but an instant bounce function would be really neat. Meaning u set ur sample and have an option to bounce it to a wav file

Hi Klaus,

Yes I agree some kind of audio bounce would definitely be a huge help on this great plugin.

In case you're interested some of us have discussed this on another thread, here's the link:
serato.com

Take it easy,

Jason
Trinibad1 3:46 PM - 19 August, 2017
Would it be possible to implement a scratch mode? Rane just came out with a turntable controller called 12 and it would be cool to use it in production. To be able to record the automation and play back of Sample.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:51 PM - 20 August, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions guys! These features have already been mentioned before and we think they're really good!

Although we'd love to add everything, we can realistically only do so much at a time and we've had a tonne of feedback. We've already started on some features for the next update of Serato Sample so hopefully there's in there something you can find useful! We'll keep you posted :)

Quote:
Meaning u set ur sample and have an option to bounce it to a wav file

Hey Klaus, i'm curious - what would be the main benefit for you being able to bounce it as a WAV file? I'm interested in the process you'd want to achieve. Are you wanting to put it into another software application, or hardware? Why not just put the audio file in your DAW and cut it that way? Keen to hear your thinking :)

Thanks!
AxPro 5:23 PM - 21 August, 2017
Hey so I was wondering if there were any plans for a daw specific update? So in Maschine standalone you control the setting of the slices with the knobs. It would be great if you could set the cue points and slices in general using the hardware knobs themself. That way you take full advantage of your NI hardware inside the plug in. Also I noticed that to use serato in maschine you need to be in pad mode. Which is alright except would there be a way to use serato and have only the pads that have something loaded on them light up as opposed to every pad being lit even if you don’t have anything on them?

Thanks
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:42 PM - 21 August, 2017
Good idea AxPro, adding more hardware support is something we've definitly thought about but no current plans at this stage! We'd love to have a more integrated hardware workflow.

Quote:
Also I noticed that to use serato in maschine you need to be in pad mode. Which is alright except would there be a way to use serato and have only the pads that have something loaded on them light up as opposed to every pad being lit even if you don’t have anything on them?

Good idea, currently there's no way to tell which pads have slices already set as every pad is illuminated. This functionality would be something we'd want to include for hardware support, but no news on when that would be sorry! Thanks for the feedback!
freddykr 12:19 PM - 25 August, 2017
Would love the see export to .rex file
Loopman 2:34 PM - 29 August, 2017
I would like to see a file explorer that can be hidden - so that we can browse even faster for samples then hide the explorer once you are happy with the samples you found.

that way I could hopefully stop having to switch back and forth between my browser and serato sample
jsblack 2:12 PM - 13 September, 2017
Hi,

I'm actually enjoying a lot demoing SERATO SAMPLE, it's a great/neat Tool that i will buy for sure. I am missing some feature tough..

- Being able to eject a track while keeping some cells to load another track and set some new cells And being able to Save all slices in a SERATO/SAMPLE folder in Logic/DAW folder project.
Like that if you loose the track where your samples are from , you still have the slices to work with..

- What would be really neat too: being able to reorganize the cells once editing is done.
To play samples on piano keyboard, sometimes it's easier to play them in a different order .. didn't found the way to exchange cells position..
A control clic on each cell with a menu like - copy paste - exchange two cells.. etc would be neat..

- Resizable GUI

(More optional):

- Undo Redo arrows

- ADSR per cells to shape the samples like we’ve been doing with hardware sampler (ASR-10 for me)

- Some looping mode per slice ( forward and backward looping is useful..)

David Reckham 8:04 PM - 13 September, 2017
To add to a previous Maschine suggestion, it would be cool if the pads lit up to the correct color of the slice to indicate which slice is which. Just a QoL feature but it would be pretty cool
OskarTracklib 6:17 AM - 27 September, 2017
To be able to drag the stretched/shifted audio in one slice to Maschine would make my current workflow magical. Then I can do my base slicing in Serato and switch to Maschine for fine chopping.
Steb Sly 6:39 PM - 29 September, 2017
I just finished my 30 day trial and had a lot of fun with it!

I used in with Logic Pro X. I could not figure out how to drag audio from within a Logic session onto a Sample instrument. I could only drag samples in from a folder on my computer, or using the load button on Sample when I launch an instance of the AU.

I was hoping to use it to spice up old sessions. Load up an old song with vocals, drag audio from the song timeline onto Sample and start chopping. Instead, I had to go to the songs folder, load up the audio from there.

Did I miss something?

-Steve.
4T 1:57 AM - 1 October, 2017
Great plug-in concept but needs to be fleshed out more.

My particular features I'd like added are;
>> Drag/Drop support for Cubase
>> Remove 16 slice limit [far too limited for advanced sample based production]
>> Ability to turn off time stretch [per slice] if not needed [old school sample pitching]
>> Multi Outs
>> Find a way to use Keyboard Mode without it disrupting playback of other pad slices
>> Export slices
>> Save presets with samples

Keep up the good work. Great to see feedback being taken seriously!
jsblack 2:33 PM - 1 October, 2017
Awesome list...!
man'X 8:39 PM - 3 October, 2017
Hello
Great plugin ! I would like to have the possibility to enter BPM and key manually
Sometimes, auto détection doesn't match...
SM-1 4:05 PM - 8 October, 2017
Thank you for this. MIDI MAP to external gear for my studio would be great.

Just love this product so far. Good job guys and gals.
jsblack 11:57 AM - 9 October, 2017
WE Need a hardware dedicated product ala Korg Nano serie made by You Serato to control
Sampler: Just those 16 Pads, the freeze button to lock a cell while running.. AND 2 Start and End of sample Infinite Knobs.
149$ the whole package.

What do you say..?
undothis 3:56 AM - 10 October, 2017
I would like to see a GUI in Ableton push 2 so that everything can be done from the controller.

Also would love 64 pad mode for more slices!

And one more thing...drag pad to session and it creates an audio file of the slice.

My favorite plugin to date!
undothis 4:01 AM - 10 October, 2017
I forgot one more function granular looping. Pads control the position of the micro loops. Velocity controls the loop size.
PB3 12:46 AM - 23 October, 2017
This is one of the best sampling plugins I've used since I've been making music. Quick question.... Are there any plans to allow the user to record their sample straight into the Serato Sample plugin instead of recording it into the DAW first?
CWealthMusic 3:11 AM - 25 June, 2018
Ok.......Here are a few suggestions I have. I am currently using MPC software 1.9 so these suggestions pertain to my particular daw but can be adapted/applied/helpful for other daws as well.

1. Select pad by midi cc
2. cue start and end points adustment by midi cc
3. zoom in/out by midi cc
(selecting/adjusting cue points and zoom in/out with the mouse/trackpad is a p.i.t.a. and workflow killer)
4. Save state for daws that don't save plugin state
5. Save/load template, auto load template on startup
6. set of parameters that covers all pads (i.e. master fx parameters) and
automation of that master fx during playback by midi cc (filter, reverse, time stretch)
7. 8 banks of 16 pads to allow more than only 16 chops/slices
8. Ability to adjust the root note of the starting pad ( if pad 1 is triggered by c1 on my midi keyboard, id like to adjust down 4 keys to G#0 or down to C-2)
NewYorkChris 2:10 AM - 29 June, 2018
How about some classic hardware filters? Like the Akai 950. Also maybe some bit/sample reduction?
undothis 3:30 PM - 20 July, 2018
A simple but necessary feature. Browse from Sample with real time stretching like in Ableton. So it plays the sample in time while playing song in DAW. It would make the workflow and choosing samples so much faster. Also if this can be done through the maschine screen and the push screen it would make looking at the computer screen minimal. Why do you all think?
undothis 3:34 PM - 20 July, 2018
Kit mode : loading single hits on specified pads. Holding down pads with certain key presses to quickly layer. Why doesn’t maschine have this quick layering capability?:(
AKIEM 10:11 PM - 20 July, 2018
make an android/ios version so I can get some work done mobile
NewYorkChris 4:29 PM - 28 July, 2018
I'm sure this has been mentioned but any chance will get an AAX version for Pro Tools?
matthewisgrand 9:52 AM - 5 August, 2018
It would be good if you could turn key / midi learn on and off as it seems to go a bit haywire when pressing keys or drum pads when the plugin is on display
Dopefull 7:52 AM - 12 August, 2018
Well, theres a lot of good suggestions here. It would be great to have a like button so we as users could that way "vote" which are the best future features suggested and so everyone doesent have to make a new post and we all could save some precious time.

1. More than 16 x slices for starters.
PGG 11:15 AM - 15 August, 2018
I want to second what J..B.. said above: There is no visual indicator for which pad goes with which cue, since all the colors are similar. Clicking on a cue should at least highlight the related pad (and vice versa). Also, while Sample is a fantastic tool for creativity, I cannot use it in practice because my production computer has no networking hardware and has never been on the internet (which is why it still runs like the day I bought it). My laptop where Sample is installed and activated doesn't have enough power - audio in Sample quickly begins to break up, and I can't transfer anything I do with it to my production computer anyway. So I can't actually use Sample for a finished product. Please, provide offline activation. The internet is a very dangerous place to take a production computer. Please do not force us to put our gear at risk to use your products.Thanks!
EnochLight 12:35 PM - 19 August, 2018
Quote:
Thanks for the feature suggestions guys! We're listening :)

Absolutely required: allow Sample to save the source files inside of Sample. Having to keep track of all of my source files is a total pain, and if the hard drive they are stored on is lost or fails, we're screwed. Yes - I back up everything - but I shouldn't have to worry about locating source files. This is 2018 for chrissakes - why is Serato Sample treating source samples like it's a sampler from 1988?
ludicrouSpeed 9:21 PM - 21 September, 2018
I see that Serato is active here like the middle of last year but it looks like there hasn't been any interaction for a long time. Has there been any updates? I remember I tried the demo of this when it was released and I love the pitch shifting and time stretching quality, but there was a lot of features I wanted to see added, such as pitch Bend or portmanteau.

they just put a half price sale up, and I was looking at the features that have been added since a year ago, but can't see anything at all.

I thought maybe I just have been able to find it but there has been some major update?
ravasb 9:24 PM - 21 September, 2018
I can't tell if it is just slow development, or they have lost interest. This has so much potential, but I am not sure if they now think of this as a distraction from their main DJ programs.
NewYorkChris 10:38 PM - 21 September, 2018
I was just thinking the same thing. Haven't had any updates in a long time. Hopefully they aren't giving up on Sample.
AKIEM 7:14 PM - 22 September, 2018
1. Promising New Feature!
2. Couple Updates (or one)
3. Half a decade of dust
4. Go back to 2 or Discontinued.

sad
Dee Ess K 10:03 PM - 23 September, 2018
Agreed just purchased this and it could be so good but feels like it has really limited features. Imagine a cross between this and NI's Battery it would be amazing. I for now really need

1- Groups that can be used for Hi-Hat Choking or in our case Sample choking , so that some samples only cut out certain other samples and some can be set to play right through.

2-Save the patch with the sample included

3-A simple sample editor to trim or cut thew sample down in size
monkiusz 10:16 AM - 24 September, 2018
4x4 pads grid option and keyboard layout .option
KrisKras 12:19 AM - 1 October, 2018
just tried the free trial and i loved it..but as others already said its missing some very basic functions

as mentioned above it really needs a sample browse function i would honestly buy it without second thought if i could browse 808s while playing the beat im working on....right now its too time consuming for me to use this plugin sadly
ludicrouSpeed 12:22 AM - 1 October, 2018
Yup, and no response when I emailed them to ask about update plans.
electromagnetic 2:39 PM - 21 November, 2018
4x4 pads grid option

Export slices
more cuepoints
fab15 11:28 PM - 21 November, 2018
export slice +1
ludicrouSpeed 1:01 AM - 22 November, 2018
Serato remains silent. So I guess they're tacitly announcing no further development
Richie Ballad 8:22 PM - 2 December, 2018
Needs more than 16 slices.
Bug fixes for Mac Mojave
Portamento and glide feature
Jakethesnake 7:36 PM - 8 January, 2019
+1000 for more than 16 slices! PLEASSSSSEEEEEE
Lawkyz 7:21 AM - 9 January, 2019
Ios version of the app

4x4 pad
More than 16 slices
ravasb 12:40 AM - 18 January, 2019
I would be very surprised if any new features will be added. They seem to have moved on to something else completely. It is really disappointing because this was so close to being a great app. It's okay, but it could have been much better.
tobypearce 7:56 AM - 9 February, 2019
Feature request:

Ability to turn off follow midi selection.

At the moment you can't 'work on' one pad whilst playing an existing sequence as the midi selection constantly flits between all the other notes being triggered.
PB3 1:43 PM - 9 February, 2019
I've heard them respond to the idea of feature request on they're instagram about a month ago... They've asked about what features would people want in the comments but like you, it's been a long time without hearing any word on any development. It's sad because the product only need a few things to be king. This is where a social media person would work wonders.
Dj Destiny(Greece) 10:44 PM - 9 February, 2019
More than 16 slices +1
Export slices +1
Save +1
undothis 11:50 PM - 19 June, 2019
They came out with serato studio so maybe its the end of life. Its a shame because Sample is one of the best programs and I own so many!! If you use a DAW studio is kind of pointless sorry to diss just tried it out. Its good Serato is branching out but I just wished they would also support users that purchased the program!
defjamblaster 3:42 AM - 20 June, 2019
Yeah, I bought sample already, guess I'll try this one to see what's different. I already use logic x, so don't know if I need anything else
AKIEM 7:09 AM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
Yeah, I bought sample already, guess I'll try this one to see what's different. I already use logic x, so don't know if I need anything else

Studio will not sync to Logic
defjamblaster 2:09 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:

What I meant was since I have logic already, not sure if I need anything else, but I'll give studio a try. I didn't expect it to work in logic.
ravasb 2:54 PM - 20 June, 2019
Last comment from Scott was August 2017. It is clear this project is over and was stripped for parts for Studio.
Lawkyz 3:19 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
Last comment from Scott was August 2017. It is clear this project is over and was stripped for parts for Studio.

hope it is not over... AS serato studio is out, they just have to do an update of Sample... some users will continue to use it, and Studio is subscription + not available as a plugin...

Hope they will update Sample, add some stuff they includes in Studio + request of the users

Also, I'm pretty sure it would be amazing to make an ios version of it to use with Intua Beatmaker 3 ...
AKIEM 5:54 PM - 20 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

What I meant was since I have logic already, not sure if I need anything else, but I'll give studio a try. I didn't expect it to work in logic.

ah. yeah, i was expecing it to sync like most software and use it for quick sketches, finish off with the pro daws
J..B.. 6:13 PM - 20 June, 2019
Such a shame that they just dropped this and went with a new thing (Studio) without even having the decency to reply to people on here, who were actually really diggin' one of their products.

'Sample' could be a really great plugin and if Serato wanted to replace it with 'Studio' then they should offer 'Studio' as a standalone and without subscription. Plus a discount for everyone who bought 'Sample', as that now seems to have just been cast by the wayside.

Real shame.

Not very cool Serato.
AKIEM 9:16 PM - 20 June, 2019
sad
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:55 PM - 20 June, 2019
Yes we're still here! There aren't any current plans for an update to Serato Sample but that doesn't mean there won't ever be an update. It would be great to see some of the features you all have been requesting as well as a few updates that we've been thinking of our own - we are definitely not doubting the power that including these features in Serato Sample would bring.

As you can tell currently development for Serato Studio has taken priority and if successful (and we hope it will be, obviously) then it's possible we could look into moving some of its great features to Serato Sample. As an alternative that AKIEM and others have suggested, including the ReWire protocol to link and route through multiple audio applications would bring nearly all of the requested features of Serato Sample into a VST workflow for Serato Studio. We have considered this but don't have plans to do this at this stage. Although we can't make that decision right now it's good to know that we do have these options!

I'm sorry that I don't have more information on an update for you at this stage but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Serato Sample :)
AKIEM 7:33 AM - 25 June, 2019
Quote:
Yes we're still here! There aren't any current plans for an update to Serato Sample but that doesn't mean there won't ever be an update. It would be great to see some of the features you all have been requesting as well as a few updates that we've been thinking of our own - we are definitely not doubting the power that including these features in Serato Sample would bring.

As you can tell currently development for Serato Studio has taken priority and if successful (and we hope it will be, obviously) then it's possible we could look into moving some of its great features to Serato Sample. As an alternative that AKIEM and others have suggested, including the ReWire protocol to link and route through multiple audio applications would bring nearly all of the requested features of Serato Sample into a VST workflow for Serato Studio. We have considered this but don't have plans to do this at this stage. Although we can't make that decision right now it's good to know that we do have these options!

I'm sorry that I don't have more information on an update for you at this stage but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Serato Sample :)

Actually pretty sad you have no plans to update and improve this software.

There are a good number of basic feature requests that were being talked about, what a waste. It could be so much better..... lame.
AKIEM 7:34 AM - 25 June, 2019
guess its dead
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:36 PM - 25 June, 2019
Quote:
There aren't any CURRENT plans for an update to Serato Sample

I think you'll find these are the key details....
cotdagoo 1:58 AM - 27 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
There aren't any CURRENT plans for an update to Serato Sample

I think you'll find these are the key details....

CURRENTLY seems long overdue..

Haven't forgotten, but might as well have with no current plans to implement features.
AKIEM 3:59 AM - 27 June, 2019
why does the roll out of Sample and Studio have tol suck so much?

great products sabotaged
cotdagoo 5:26 PM - 5 July, 2019
Had been watching this forum in hopes of buying Sample - getting a feel for how current users are feeling about everything at the moment..

Certainly felt like it had all but been forgotten, users didn't seem happy with the current state of things.. So I held off purchasing.

Kind of sad there hasn't been more love shown to their products.. Why would anyone want to invest in something that the developers aren't even interested in investing time into is beyond me..
ravasb 5:33 PM - 5 July, 2019
I really think that Serato does not care in the least for its non DJ customers, and only used us to test some features for their DJ oriented products. Aside from some empty promises from them, they have shown zero actual interest in keeping us as customers. I would be happy if they even added things like the ability to set the key and tempo when Sample guesses wrong, but I have given up hope.
jsblack 4:13 PM - 15 July, 2019
Please, Give us arrows to go to the next track in current sample folder.. would be such a time saver...
Pretty Please!
DJ Romey Rome 2:13 AM - 22 July, 2019
The next update should have a feature that allows us to select columns
such as artist, BPM, genre, and grouping without having to keep opening up the menu tab.
DJ Raef 7:39 AM - 26 July, 2019
Scott S, Mike C... Can you please help answer this question:

Does Serato have any intention on creating a customisable Pad FX feature similar to RekordBox's PadFX1/PadFX2 where each pad could be customised to control different effects (e.g Pad 1 - Roll 1/8, Pad 2 - Echo Out 1/4, Pad 3 - Flanger - 16/1, etc)
babyblue 7:11 PM - 15 October, 2019
I would like to have a "Lock Pad/Slice" feature.

I am often moving the wrong handles when setting slices manually (drumloop), especially when they are overlapping each other.
J..B.. 8:37 PM - 15 October, 2019
Quote:

I am often moving the wrong handles when setting slices manually (drumloop), especially when they are overlapping each other.

This is a much needed feature.

But, I'm afraid we're unlikely to see any more new features/updates as the lovely Serato folk seem to have abandoned us 'Sample' customers since they released 'Studio'.

I've just read that they're selling 'Sample' at a knockdown price. I feel this is really disingenuous of Serato, selling a product to new customers knowing that they won't update it.

Just a money grab. Sad.
babyblue 1:31 PM - 29 October, 2019
"Quote:

I am often moving the wrong handles when setting slices manually (drumloop), especially when they are overlapping each other."

Yes, implement a "Lock Pad/Slice" feature please!
Same happens to me too often unintended!
babyblue 1:39 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:

But, I'm afraid we're unlikely to see any more new features/updates as the lovely Serato folk seem to have abandoned us 'Sample' customers since they released 'Studio'.

After asking the support, if there will be updates in the future, i got the message, that Serato Sample is not a discontinued product and that they are still working on it....
cotdagoo 8:33 PM - 29 October, 2019
Sounds like something someone might say to ensure sales don't stop from lack of updates ;)
BeatsFromMars 8:05 AM - 8 November, 2019
I would really love a standalone app of Serato Sample!!!
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:34 PM - 15 January, 2020
Hi everyone, just thought I would post in here and give you an early heads up to the Serato Sample 1.2 Public Beta that will be going live in the next few days. We know it's been a while since the last feature update, as you could tell we've been quite busy with Serato Studio! Although we are busy this does not mean that Serato Sample is dead, there are still so many features that we want to get in and that have been requested from our amazing community.

This new 1.2 beta update includes the addition of 32 pads and velocity sensitivity plus other bug fixes and changes. We've also improved the licensing system making it easier for you to activate and deactivate on each of your computers.

You can download the beta, post a discussion or issue here > serato.com

We do appreciate you all and as always we are keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
cotdagoo 8:04 PM - 17 January, 2020
Happy to eat humble pie if this sees some meaningful updates :)
ravasb 8:19 PM - 17 January, 2020
Glad to hear it. Fingers crossed.
Zafer Kurus 9:21 PM - 6 March, 2020
hello,

what's about "Hold, Decay and Sustain" ?

greets
Ducks from the future 2:39 AM - 11 March, 2020
I would like to be able to automate the pad selection in keyboard mode. So I can play notes on my keyboard, but also dynamically change the sound.