Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato Freeze

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Big Pops 3:45 PM - 13 July, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: vista
---

I am using a Dell Inspiron Dual Core with 3GB RAM,1.8GH Processor.
When i use scratch live for it just freeze up on me,I then have to restart my computer.Could you give some help on this matter.I am using in midi with a Denon DNHD 2500 controlles,apart from that it works great.
Thanks in advance

Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:21 PM - 13 July, 2009
Have you built overviews for all of your files? Have you also deleted all corrupt files?
Big Pops 5:25 PM - 13 July, 2009
I tried to build overviews,however when i try to do this after some time the programm freezes also.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:26 PM - 13 July, 2009
If it is crashing during the build overviews, then you need to delete the file that is cusaing it to crash. When you see it freeze during this process, look in the background to see which songs it was scanning - delete these files and continue building overviews.
Big Pops 5:29 PM - 13 July, 2009
I will sure try this
Big Pops 5:34 PM - 13 July, 2009
on another issus is there any support in the pipeline for the DNS 1200 CD/MIDI player
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:45 PM - 13 July, 2009
Not from what I know.
Big Pops 5:47 PM - 13 July, 2009
i tried your suggestion and it still freezes
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:48 PM - 13 July, 2009
You have to delete all the corrupt files. So make sure the Overview Process finishes completely and all corrupt files are deleted.
Big Pops 5:50 PM - 13 July, 2009
i know,but it just freezes up and then the computer says serato not responding
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:51 PM - 13 July, 2009
When is it freezing? During the build overviews Process? If so, you have to do as I said above and delete the file it is showing its processing while you are building overviews. Once you delete these files, then continue the process and repeat if the same happens. Do this untill all overviews are complete.
Big Pops 5:52 PM - 13 July, 2009
ok
Big Pops 4:38 AM - 14 July, 2009
hey i did what you tell me and the same problem still exist,also what file format is best for serato,NTFS of FAT32
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:40 PM - 14 July, 2009
What same problem? The Overview process keeps crashing? Have you deleted the file which are making it crash? It doesnt matter what format external HD you use with ScratchLIVE - that depends on the computer you are using.
Big Pops 6:28 PM - 14 July, 2009
As mentioned above i am using a Dell, I am now trying to check the disk for corrupted files,then i would format,put back on the music and try to build my Overviem
Rane, Support
RafaelM 9:04 PM - 14 July, 2009
Either NTFS or FAT32 should be fine on your computer.

The build overviews process is the only way to search for corrupt files within the SCratchLIVE music library. So I would continue that once you are done.
Big Pops 6:42 PM - 16 July, 2009
Thanks for all your help,after checking my disk,then format my drive I was able to build my overviews,after doing this it works beautiful.
Once again Thanks for all your help
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:51 PM - 16 July, 2009
No prob!