Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SX3 - partial recall.

dj_soo 10:57 PM - 23 August, 2018
www.pioneerdj.com

Check your serial number to see if your unit is affected. If you have a balcony for next to the number, you're fine.
dj_soo 10:57 PM - 23 August, 2018
Balcony= black dot
Mr Wilks 9:07 AM - 24 August, 2018
I'm gong to guess that this black dot is a change in manufacturing or revision so they knew about this issue a while ago and only just went public. It seems that way.

Something caused an improvement to be made or change in internal hardware.
DJ Tecniq 10:28 AM - 24 August, 2018
Quote:
I'm gong to guess that this black dot is a change in manufacturing or revision so they knew about this issue a while ago and only just went public. It seems that way.

Something caused an improvement to be made or change in internal hardware.
I would have to agree. I’ve been saying for a long time now Pioneer has bad quality control...guess I was right🤷🏼‍♂️ Unfortunately they are not making the products like they used to. Something changed and i think it’s the location area of where they are being manufactured now.
DJ Tecniq 10:31 AM - 24 August, 2018
What’s interesting is i held off over a year to get my S9...defective right out the box. Pre ordered the SR2 when it was released and has been absolutely solid. Weird.
DJ Tecniq 10:36 AM - 24 August, 2018
Just think how much money they’ve lost replacing and repairing all these bad units. They are slowly becoming a company that is known for faulty hardware I thought Roland was bad but this takes the cake. I’m glad they’re publicly making things right with the recall.
Mr. Goodkat 7:33 PM - 24 August, 2018
you should reply to yourself one more time. you'll probably be right as long as no one else answers/replies
DJ Tecniq 7:43 PM - 24 August, 2018
Quote:
you should reply to yourself one more time. you'll probably be right as long as no one else answers/replies
lol good one.
Mr Wilks 9:06 PM - 24 August, 2018
I've not bought any Pioneer gear for a while now. I think the SP1 was my last venture to the Pio side around 4 years ago.

As I like the look of it, I wish the DDJ 1000 was SDJ but heyho!
Djkom 9:22 PM - 25 August, 2018
It's just a Pioneer conspiracy to sink Serato and promote Rekordbox 😂😂😂
DJ Tecniq 10:56 PM - 25 August, 2018
Quote:
It's just a Pioneer conspiracy to sink Serato and promote Rekordbox 😂😂😂
I wouldn’t doubt that in all honesty😂
Chino 4:06 PM - 26 August, 2018
I was considering selling my emergency backup controller (Denon MC 6000MKII) for the Pioneer SX3. I'm glad I waited.

Overall, there seems to be a lot of manufacturing quality issues lately within the DJ industry.
Aptidda 4:03 PM - 27 August, 2018
Everything I have ever bought from Pioneer had to be returned/ sent in for repair. I have owned every iteration of the CDJ's (broken) the 900 series mixer (broken) and the Pioneer S9 (broken).

Pioneer is sure "Pioneering Failure". I'll stick to old trusty Rane products, never once have I had an issue with Rane.
popnwave 5:48 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:

Pioneer is sure "Pioneering Failure". I'll stick to old trusty Rane products, never once have I had an issue with Rane.

C'mon man the TWELVES just had a similar recall.
Aptidda 6:13 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

IDK what your talking about. My 12's are fine.
popnwave 8:37 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
IDK what your talking about. My 12's are fine.

And, as noted, there are plenty of SX3s that are fine too.
DJ Tecniq 8:40 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
☝🏼That part
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:41 PM - 27 August, 2018
chump probably doesn't even have 12's,

next he'll be posting about the new unicorn he got
Dj Manu Balsa 6:40 PM - 28 August, 2018
Hello, I have called the technical support of Pioneer Spain since my SX3 controller does not have the black dot. They told me that since my serial number starts with RDHN ... it is not necessary to check it.
You have to check the controllers from the letter G, it's ecir, if they start with RGHN ... and they do not have the black dot !!!

Greetings.
DJ Tecniq 2:54 PM - 29 August, 2018
Quote:
Hello, I have called the technical support of Pioneer Spain since my SX3 controller does not have the black dot. They told me that since my serial number starts with RDHN ... it is not necessary to check it.
You have to check the controllers from the letter G, it's ecir, if they start with RGHN ... and they do not have the black dot !!!

Greetings.
Nice so your unit is ok? They should of mentioned this in the article then.
Dj Manu Balsa 3:38 PM - 29 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Greetings.
Nice so your unit is ok? They should of mentioned this in the article then.

Hello, in principle if it was fine but today I received in the mail from Pioneer and he tells me that I have to take it to check because the serial number does not have the black dot at the end.

Anyway, I've been working with her for 3 months and I have not noticed anything.

I called Pioneer's technical service and they come looking for me tomorrow.