Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato suddenly starts to take all CPU time => audio dropouts/GUI very slow etc.

boo-lee 8:20 AM - 31 July, 2018
I have a MacBook Pro 13" MY2018 with 8 GB Ram (non-dedicated video card). That's not a high end machine but I don't think it's dated either :)

While rehearsing a DJ set with Serato video on a (non-HD!) video with Serato Pitch'n'Time active suddenly I experienced lower audio quality, a bit later even audio drop outs. The Serato UI became extremely slow unresponsive. I loaded two audio-only tracks in the decks but that didn't help.

In Activity Monitor I saw that Serato took > 50 % CPU time and the only way to solve it was to kill the Serato process and restart Serato.

I have to note that I tried to mix the same two (non-HD) videos maybe 15 times before (rehearsing to make the ultimate blend) without any issues.

Is there anything I can do to optimize my Serato video settings? I have a video DJ gig at a party with > 300 people next week and if something like this happens during the gig, I'm dead!
popnwave 11:16 PM - 31 July, 2018
What OS are you on?

Try the MixEmergency demo (www.inklen.com) and see if you get similar spikes with it. Cheaper to get that rather than replace your current MacBook Pro anyway.