Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

My Pioneer DDJ SR2 freezes

djomla 9:52 AM - 17 March, 2018
I'm having a problem with my Pioneer DDJ SR2 freezing...more precisely I suddenly lose control od Serato DJ pro and led meters also freeze and I have to restart it to establish control again. It happened 3 or 4 times now and it happened before and after Serato DJ pro update...Its really a big issue and I really need help. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? Is it due to software or hardware? Or maybe USB ports?
DJ Tecniq 3:41 PM - 17 March, 2018
What are the specs of your laptop? Make sure it meets the system requirements for SDJ.
djomla 4:13 PM - 17 March, 2018
Yes it does...I'm using Serato for 2 years and i never had this issue with my previous controller DDJ sb2
dj stacks 4:33 PM - 17 March, 2018
I'm having the same issue! I'm using a MBP 2017, i5 3.1 GHz 8 GB, Ram, Cdj 850's Rane 61 Sierra 10.12.6. I have updated to the newest version 2.0.1. and it's still freezing and having audio dropouts. In internal mode its fine (waveforms still lag a little). Help!
djomla 5:16 PM - 19 March, 2018
I forgot to mention that sound also stops
charlee1985 2:08 PM - 29 June, 2019
Same here
DJ Tecniq 4:43 PM - 29 June, 2019
I’m on Sierra w/a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro & do not have this problem w/my SR2. Have you made sure you don’t have any corrupt files?
DJ Tecniq 7:21 PM - 29 June, 2019
Have you tested the SR2 with any other laptop? Also are you using the power adapter with it or just usb cable?
charlee1985 3:49 PM - 30 June, 2019
Been using the SR2 with the same laptop since 2017 and never had any issues. On Friday night the DJ controller and Serato froze 4 times and I had to restart the SR2 to make it work again.

Also, I always have my phone plugged in the external line playing music from Spotify just in case anything like this happens. When the controller froze, it didn't even play the music from the line in.

I use the SR2 with the power adapter always and no corrupt files in the library.
DJ Tecniq 2:17 AM - 1 July, 2019
Quote:
Been using the SR2 with the same laptop since 2017 and never had any issues. On Friday night the DJ controller and Serato froze 4 times and I had to restart the SR2 to make it work again.

Also, I always have my phone plugged in the external line playing music from Spotify just in case anything like this happens. When the controller froze, it didn't even play the music from the line in.

I use the SR2 with the power adapter always and no corrupt files in the library.
I have heard of issues with faulty power supplies I would try to not use it so you can rule out other possibilities.
charlee1985 10:54 AM - 1 July, 2019
Quote:
I have heard of issues with faulty power supplies I would try to not use it so you can rule out other possibilities.

I might give that a try. Thanks for the help
DJ FRANCKY B 3:44 PM - 1 July, 2019
Hello,
I'm having the same issue with "Denon MC7000" !

PC I5 2,6GHz
RAM 8 Go
SSD
WINDOWS 10 - 1903 - 64 bits
DJ Frustro 7:30 PM - 2 July, 2019
I don't know if this is related, but in my experience using my 2017 MBP & Serato (latest version) with either SX2 or SX3, anytime I experienced something weird or strange it was due to Macbook overheating and Intel throttling down the CPU to where Serato got really unresponsive or unpredictable.

I say this because if you open Serato DJ on your MAC and monitor CPU temperature you will notice CPU temperature starts climbing above 40 degrees Celsius, and without actually using Serato DJ. This is just with Serato DJ open and not playing anything. So if your laptop starts getting hot, Intel management engine will throttle down your CPUs to where performace is really bad.

Check that and see.
Dwight Hybrid 3:20 PM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:

The EXACT same thing just happened to me this past weekend where there has been no issues with the controller or Serato and using the same laptop.

Is there a fix for the freezing SR2 or just experimenting with not using the power cable?

Thanks.
DJ Tecniq 6:03 PM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The EXACT same thing just happened to me this past weekend where there has been no issues with the controller or Serato and using the same laptop.

Is there a fix for the freezing SR2 or just experimenting with not using the power cable?

Thanks.
Power adapter may be faulty. I have been using just the usb cable at all my gigs and not 1 problem w/freezing on Sierra OS. I have heard of bad power adapters with Pioneer. Was this an inside or outside gig? Heat could of been a factor as well.
Dwight Hybrid 7:57 PM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Power adapter may be faulty. I have been using just the usb cable at all my gigs and not 1 problem w/freezing on Sierra OS. I have heard of bad power adapters with Pioneer. Was this an inside or outside gig? Heat could of been a factor as well.

Have run two tests spanning 150mins of non-stop usage without the power supply and no issues with freezing whatsoever.

p.s. Always indoor gigs.
The freezing didn't happen on site for a gig but at home prepping for one.
DJ Tecniq 9:05 PM - 26 August, 2019
Gotcha check the power adapter i noticed the cord is very weak and flimsy.
Dwight Hybrid 10:40 PM - 30 August, 2019
Bloody hell.
Even without the power supply connected it started freezing again.
DJ Tecniq 1:52 AM - 31 August, 2019
No bullshit i had a school dance earlier tonight and Serato crashed on me I was on my SR2 and never have issues ever especially a crash. I remember loading a track and then laptop & Serato froze then auto shut down had to reboot Serato, get on the mic and apologize to the students that my laptop crashed and I’d have to music back on soon...super embarrassing. Seemed a tag was being written during the crash. Whoever wanted play count featured deserves a punch in the face...such a useless feature i think it’s what caused my crash!😬
DJ Tecniq 1:54 AM - 31 August, 2019
I also was not using the power supply just the usb cable. Something is seriously wrong with Serato. I’d love to start a petition to get rid of play count it’s so fucking stupid...
DJ Que2 11:27 PM - 31 August, 2019
I have the SR2 on MacBook Air. Have NOT had any problems with either until today during a gig. Damn Serato froze (still is froze even at home), it won't load my external drive either. I'm pretty pissed right now and would like to know what can I do?
Dwight Hybrid 12:20 AM - 1 September, 2019
It happened again to me today with a BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX CONTROLLER.
So we know it's the software and not the hardward.

What's going on Serato?!
We need this fixed asap!
DJ Tecniq 12:52 AM - 1 September, 2019
Wow. It’s not a conspiracy I’m going back to 2.0.5 which has been solid for me.
DJ Tecniq 12:53 AM - 1 September, 2019
I was on version 2.1.2 when the crash happened? What version did your crash happen on?
DJ Que2 1:26 AM - 1 September, 2019
Quote:
I was on version 2.1.2 when the crash happened? What version did your crash happen on?

DJ Que2 1:27 AM - 1 September, 2019
Quote:

Dwight Hybrid 5:28 AM - 1 September, 2019
Happened on 2.2 and 2.1.
DJ Tecniq 6:10 AM - 1 September, 2019
Yeah I’m going back to 2.0.5 I can’t have this shit happening live at a gig. Was the first crash I ever had it’s usually been solid but i think it involves play count😕
DJ Que2 3:09 PM - 1 September, 2019
Quote:
Yeah I’m going back to 2.0.5 I can’t have this shit happening live at a gig. Was the first crash I ever had it’s usually been solid but i think it involves play count😕

Same thing I'm saying. I was totally fucking pissed when this happened during a live gig. either i'm going back to an older version or I'll virtual DJ a spin.
DJ Tecniq 4:08 PM - 1 September, 2019
So i guess play count wasn’t featured til 2.2 so i don’t know what actually caused the crash. Starting a support ticket to find out.
Dwight Hybrid 10:41 PM - 1 September, 2019
I've rolled back to 2.0 but it seems that the damage has been done.
The freezing is still happening. :(
DJ Que2 8:03 PM - 2 September, 2019
Quote:
I've rolled back to 2.0 but it seems that the damage has been done.
The freezing is still happening. :(

Same here
GabrielBR 7:57 PM - 20 October, 2019
This month I bought the controller DDJ SR2 and I am having the problems when I'm playing, after the certain time the music hangs and even with play nothing happens, so I restart the software and after spending some time playing, again the problem happens. I contacted Serato support and all recommendations for enhancements and improvements were made even with the LatencyMon test which gave everything ok, USB port change, plugged in power cable, internet disabled, anti virus disabled, all updated diver and I also sent the Dxdiag file to prove that my notebook is totally above the prerequisites required by the software, so the serato support asked me to upload a video reporting the moment the error occurs and I sent, but so far nothing has been done to solve the problem. Yesterday I did the test on another notebook that is also above the prerequisites and after some time playing, when I put some filter it made a little noise and the music crashed, so I had the idea to do another test, I installed the software "TRAKTOR" on my notebook and even using the map of DDJ-SR, because I could not find the map of DDJ-SR2, played for hours and had no problem!
GabrielBR 8:09 PM - 20 October, 2019
DJMoosehead 5:33 AM - 21 October, 2019
I've been suffering freezing issues with SB3 (small 1-2sec stops) and with SR2 (worst; totally music stop -> until I change the USB buffering setup or restart the deck), both with same Dell Inspiron 15-5570 (i5-8250U, AMD Radeon 530, 24Gt ram, 1T SSD). I updated to HP ZBook G3 (i7-6700HQ, 32ram, 1T SSD, NVidia M2000M) and on last Saturday I had a first gig with that one. 5h playing and not a single issue (didn't use FX so much but still used). So testing + the gig makes me feel the issue (hopefully) gone. We'll see how it's going to be on the future..