Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SX2 Sound quality on Serato Pro 2.0

benictrs 11:25 AM - 27 February, 2018
Hello ,

Since the beta period i have noticed that my DDj-SX2 sounds better it's more clear and has more "punch" .
I use mid 2012 , 15'' Macbook Pro with auto gain turned off .
I'm curious if my ears trick me ? Or any of you are noticing this too ?

Thx for your replies :)
mixgoonie 11:54 AM - 27 February, 2018
On my Numark N4 also, sound is larger and sound less aggressive than SDJ 1.9
DjSyndic8 4:51 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Hello ,

Since the beta period i have noticed that my DDj-SX2 sounds better it's more clear and has more "punch" .
I use mid 2012 , 15'' Macbook Pro with auto gain turned off .
I'm curious if my ears trick me ? Or any of you are noticing this too ?

Thx for your replies :)

that's a good thing haven't tested it but I noticed that previous versions the sound was low on ddjsx2
dj Krazey leo 12:11 PM - 1 March, 2018
The sound on my s9 definitely sounds more full and clean oh yes more punchy .
Dj KoolBreeze 7:48 PM - 1 March, 2018
Thank yah for 64 bit
DJ Tecniq 8:15 PM - 1 March, 2018
Hrmm I’ll def have to test out SDJ Pro. I don’t recall saying they made any changes to sound quality?
Christ beats I. 8:19 PM - 1 March, 2018
If your running Windows then I would hazard a guess but you might want a driver update as my NV2 driver is 32 bit only so far!
v@l 9:25 PM - 1 March, 2018
My numark nv2 sound quaility has improved
Johnny H 12:55 AM - 2 March, 2018
WELL DONE SERATO !!

at long last sound quality is now great, no difference between any other audio playback software on my pc / mac.

Have been raising the previous poor sound quality of pre serato pro since moving over in 2015

You have now made me a very very happy DJ no more poor quality playback (dull and lifeless sounds) when DJ

Keep up the great work, I know we have all had to wait and long while for this 64bit release but, you have really really stepped up to the mark. Still early days, but so far so good.

Thank you :-)
Despo 3:52 AM - 2 March, 2018
serato dj pro cured my cancer and increased my sex drive.

Can someone please post some empirical side by side testing please :) It’s a great release for sure and I know you fellas *feel* a difference but I‘d love to see some data backing it up
Johnny H 7:08 AM - 2 March, 2018
Your ears should tell you all you need to know 😉
mixgoonie 8:55 AM - 2 March, 2018
ears can really hear the difference ;), sound wider and more clear
Johnny H 9:36 AM - 2 March, 2018
Agree 100%, the previous 32bit version has been muffled since it's release, have never been happy with the sound quality, this new 64bit version is like night and day in comparison.

I shocked people are even questioning and want proof of the diffence, you simply need to open your ears and listen :-)

A vast improvement.
Philmixit 11:46 AM - 2 March, 2018
Hi guys, yes the sound quality is a lot better ,Serato DJ PRO 2.0 is hot ,loving it.
WileECoyote 12:59 PM - 2 March, 2018
I thought it was just me. . it sounds great.
Johnny H 1:38 PM - 2 March, 2018
This my original post back in 2015

serato.com

knew deep down there were issues with the sound quality back then with serato DJ,

Every time I have DJayed in the past, the sound quality of old serato DJ bugged me and I had to live with every previous release sounding sub standard.

I even had heated discussions on this forum with others who stated there was nothing wrong with the old serato quality, shame they suffer with such poor hearing, that the could not tell the poor quality sound, or maybe there ears were blocked with wax?

either way they were totally wrong in what they were saying lol

Now can't wait to hear the difference when playing live, serato DJ pro is now becoming pro software with pro sound quality.
mixgoonie 1:59 PM - 2 March, 2018
I even prefer it to the Traktor sound :p, i know this is a personal choice and is also depending a lot on the hardware which i am playing with ;)
benictrs 2:01 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
This my original post back in 2015

serato.com

knew deep down there were issues with the sound quality back then with serato DJ,

Every time I have DJayed in the past, the sound quality of old serato DJ bugged me and I had to live with every previous release sounding sub standard.

I even had heated discussions on this forum with others who stated there was nothing wrong with the old serato quality, shame they suffer with such poor hearing, that the could not tell the poor quality sound, or maybe there ears were blocked with wax?

either way they were totally wrong in what they were saying lol

Now can't wait to hear the difference when playing live, serato DJ pro is now becoming pro software with pro sound quality.

Glad to see that i'm not crazy and others notice this sound quality improvement in Serato Pro compared too the previous versions :)
paty 2:20 PM - 2 March, 2018
My ddj sz sound quality is clearer and punchy with serato dj pro.
more, it's run fine with my old macbook core2duo on Mavericks without cpu surcharge !

this new version is very very good.

congratulations Serato !
Jmoney$ 2:32 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Hrmm I’ll def have to test out SDJ Pro. I don’t recall saying they made any changes to sound quality?

They could have made changes to the limiter like they did going from SSL to SDJ or perhaps the autogain
mixgoonie 4:04 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
more, it's run fine with my old macbook core2duo on Mavericks without cpu surcharge !

congratulations Serato !

This is indeed only true is you use only certain effects..., I don't remember but some of effects are instantly giving red dots...
DJ Padida 4:49 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:

congratulations Serato !

This!! My ddj sz sounds so much clearer too. Even the gf noticed it sounded better too haha.
Johnny H 4:58 PM - 2 March, 2018
What I really don’t understand is why with have all lived with sub standard sound quality for every release of serato DJ ? I raised this the very first time I heard Serato DJ back in 2015 and nothing was ever done about it. Almost all other DJ software programs sounded better than serato DJ.

What was so bad or buggy in the software for it to sound so bad compared to serato pro ??
paty 7:45 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

congratulations Serato !

This is indeed only true is you use only certain effects..., I don't remember but some of effects are instantly giving red dots...

Yes you’re right. I don’t use a lot of effect. :-). So, it’s with the ultra hiqht quality option actived .
samsistema 10:59 AM - 3 March, 2018
I didn't believe it could be possible. The sound quality has improved with Serato Pro 2.0. I'm 100% sure. There is a song I was listening hundred of times and I play that song very often. I checked the soundquality for the last time with 1.9.10 and upgraded to 2.0. I can hear the sound is much clearer and brighter. That is what I was talking about. Also the problem with pitch n' time seems to be gone. Many People in the Forum and Serato support didn't want to believe. I wonder if it was a software problem which Serato Support didn't want to acknowledge or if it was a 32bit problem with performance (Macbook 13" 2011).
All doesn't matter anymore since finally the sound quality is where it should be since years.
I hope Serato will listing to its users faster next time.
mixgoonie 11:27 AM - 3 March, 2018
I notice the same on Windows, if they have not planned to do anything for the sound, it is a cool win for Serato
DjSyndic8 1:05 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
I didn't believe it could be possible. The sound quality has improved with Serato Pro 2.0. I'm 100% sure. There is a song I was listening hundred of times and I play that song very often. I checked the soundquality for the last time with 1.9.10 and upgraded to 2.0. I can hear the sound is much clearer and brighter. That is what I was talking about. Also the problem with pitch n' time seems to be gone. Many People in the Forum and Serato support didn't want to believe. I wonder if it was a software problem which Serato Support didn't want to acknowledge or if it was a 32bit problem with performance (Macbook 13" 2011).
All doesn't matter anymore since finally the sound quality is where it should be since years.
I hope Serato will listing to its users faster next time.

its so important to have good sound quality your transitioning through tracks sounds so much better, and you can only do so much with your equalizers so niice one serato :)
DjSyndic8 1:09 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
I notice the same on Windows, if they have not planned to do anything for the sound, it is a cool win for Serato

just imagine IF Serato Accidentally did something which made the sound quality Better all I say is Dont mess it up serato with the next update pleeeeas :)
Johnny H 1:26 AM - 4 March, 2018
100% difference in sound quality.... period.

I can confirm while mastering on my studio RME sound card, that now serato DJ pro is not doing anything to the sound quality of the track, but everyone is now noticing an improvement in sound quality which is true! The new Serato has not increased treble or mid, it is playing as the track was recorded. i.e. perfect as it should do!

I have now compared some wav files in DAWs, Sound forge, Audacity, all music editing software and finally in the new Serato DJ pro, they all sound very close, again as the track was recorded. crystal clear

The old Serato DJ was contaminating the sound quality of tracks, its that simple. With the new serato DJ pro, its as if someone has lifted a plastic bag covering your speakers. Your now hearing the quality of the track as it would be played on any other device. The old Serato never ever allowed this it was muffled and seriously changing the sound from the original recording.

So the new serato is not changing the sound quality of your tracks, its simply playing them as they are records, in perfect quality.
Johnny H 1:38 AM - 4 March, 2018
Ever since the release of Serato DJ no one has ever heard there music and tracks as they should have! They have always been contaminated in sound quality, to the point I very nearly got rid of serato in the early days due to this sound quality issue I noticed.

It was only the fact I enjoyed and liked using serato to DJ with that I suffered the poor quality sound. I have done extensive audio testing and always new serato DJ sounded poor compared to other software. I always hoped this would be addressed one day.

I just can't believe for the last 4 or 5 years how ever long serato DJ has been about no DJ has ever heard the tracks as they should do and as they were originally recorded.

At least the new serato DJ pro is now playing your track in perfect quality, well done serato and please DO NOT CHANGE anything in the future with the sound quality.
StefanDDJ 12:12 AM - 6 March, 2018
Sorry, I could not find any improvement.
I would have liked the "crystal clear sound" very much !! Serato is a reliable software. Not a single freeze for years! But the sound quality is important to me. I try it with traktor Kontrol S 8. Bye Bye Serato.
dj_soo 3:13 AM - 6 March, 2018
It's the sx - pioneer cheaped out on their soundcards for their hardware
mixgoonie 8:27 AM - 6 March, 2018
Even with just the laptop and headphone, you can head the difference. i really hate Traktor but if it suits you, that is the mort important ;)
StefanDDJ 11:31 AM - 6 March, 2018
Hello

Yesterday night tested again after the update to 2.01. After switching to DVS, it sounded pretty good on headphones.

We still have to test the new Serato on the PA systems. The most important thing: A DJ software must be fun for the DJ! When the DJ is having fun, people are also having fun.

The tractor sound is interesting, hanging up with the S 8 is fun! But you always reach for the jogwheels - they are not there :-(. It feels a bit handicapped.
Anyway, Traktor Scratch DVS is really cool. But Serato has many very useful solutions to offer. Flexgrid control over the hardware, good sounding effects. Smart Crates etc. If the sound is really better now, we live in golden times.

Maybe still analyze the library fresh!
samsistema 9:49 PM - 7 March, 2018
Since the soundquality for the Pioneer DDJ SX2 seems to be changed, can someone tell me how the SX2 sounds compared to other controllers (Denon, Roland, etc.) or even a CDJ with a decent mixer? Are they know on the same level?
dj_soo 10:11 PM - 7 March, 2018
The sound quality on the sx2 hasn't changed. Serato has overall gotten better, but the pioneer controllers still lag far behind in sound quality. Has everything to do with the sound card they put in their controllers.
samsistema 11:03 PM - 7 March, 2018
The SX2 has a PCM1690 DAC?
DjSyndic8 12:38 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
The sound quality on the sx2 hasn't changed. Serato has overall gotten better, but the pioneer controllers still lag far behind in sound quality. Has everything to do with the sound card they put in their controllers.

i have noticed the difference in the ddjsx2 sounds louder with the treble mids but not so much with the bass
dj_soo 12:42 AM - 8 March, 2018
yea, basically Serato has improved and it's going to sound better than before, but something like a DJ 808 or Denon MC7000 is still going to sound better because serato has improved on those as well.
DjSyndic8 12:48 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
yea, basically Serato has improved and it's going to sound better than before, but something like a DJ 808 or Denon MC7000 is still going to sound better because serato has improved on those as well.

serato have not admitted to doing anything with the sound on the new update but I think that it happened by accident, so whatever they did made the sound in some controllers sound better....
dj_soo 2:31 AM - 8 March, 2018
I believe they changed the audio encoder out of necessity for 64 bit and it somehow improved sound quality of the overall program.
caliguy 9:28 PM - 4 July, 2018
Unfortunately for me and others as well, Serato DJ PRO is causing distortion issues compared to Serato DJ (NOT PRO).

I have been on Serato forever and it seems like Serato can never get the autogain and sound isssue right. Every time there's a change in sound it causes issues.

I tried re-analyzing some test files, and also lowering the DB setting in autogain down to 89db and these tracks still dangerously clip and distort, I say dangerously becuse on a high output sound system a tiny bit of distortion can seriously damage your speakers. I have had to uninstall Serato DJ Pro, re-install Serato DJ 1.9, and go from the SX3 back to the SX2. In making Serato DJ Pro "hotter" it also previously analyzed autogain. I have files analyzed as old as Scratch-Live 1 and as new as Serato DJ 1.

Im on a Windows 10 computer with 64 bit architecture, Pioneer DDJ-SX3, and Serato DJ Pro.
dj_soo 11:07 PM - 4 July, 2018
they managed to introduce a bug into the autogain system a while back and I think it's so deep in the code, they are still trying to figure out how to fix it without breaking something else.

Apparently the only workaround is to analyze your files using an older version of the software - I believe 1.7.8 is the last version with working auto-gain.
SG SOUNDS 4:45 AM - 5 July, 2018
Quote:
Since the soundquality for the Pioneer DDJ SX2 seems to be changed, can someone tell me how the SX2 sounds compared to other controllers (Denon, Roland, etc.) or even a CDJ with a decent mixer? Are they know on the same level?

The sound quality on the Roland dj808 compared to the sx2 is no comparison...the dj808 and the denon controllers sound amazing
Da Archer 6:44 AM - 7 July, 2018
If the sound of SDJPro has improved drastically, will that also work on old controllers like the Vestax VCI380? Will there be a difference on the sound?
Hanginon 10:28 AM - 7 July, 2018
Does anyone really know how audio works in Serato? If you're on Windows, does it use ASIO?

I keep a few Vestax Typhoons around because they're so portable. I know for sure Vestax never wrote 64 bit drivers for it, yet they work fine with Serato Dj Pro 64 bit. How?
RR437T 1:34 AM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:
If the sound of SDJPro has improved drastically, will that also work on old controllers like the Vestax VCI380? Will there be a difference on the sound?

That's somewhat of a loaded question. Judging sound quality is an extremely difficult thing to do with any degree of accuracy. For the most part, SQ is subjective. You may like something, I may hate it. There's no right or wrong answer. Also, one thing that makes it so difficult, is "better" SQ isn't always better SQ. I run into this all the time because I put systems together for a living. Generally speaking, more money buys you better resolution and transparency. Well done recordings sound great, but poor sounding recordings can sound terrible. You need to find a balance somewhere in between resolution and musicality. And that will be different for everyone.

I find the best way to deal with the uncertainty is to have goals that are clearly defined. Otherwise the results can be random. For example, lets say that you want to improve the bass in your setup. Do you need to go lower? Louder? More definition/detail? Or maybe a combination of more than one factor. The point is, when asking if a component sounds better, you need to ask why does it sound better. Use that as a starting point, and go after a solution that suits you, and your needs.
caliguy 1:02 AM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
they managed to introduce a bug into the autogain system a while back and I think it's so deep in the code, they are still trying to figure out how to fix it without breaking something else.

Apparently the only workaround is to analyze your files using an older version of the software - I believe 1.7.8 is the last version with working auto-gain.

From what I can gather, Serato DJ does "normalize" the songs to whatever autogain setting you select, but when you use DJ PRO no matter what decibel setting you select the tracks will clip unless I manualy adjust the tracks gain myself, which if you can imagine would take forever to adjust on every single track.
17tr2 5:13 PM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

From what I can gather, Serato DJ does "normalize" the songs to whatever autogain setting you select, but when you use DJ PRO no matter what decibel setting you select the tracks will clip unless I manualy adjust the tracks gain myself, which if you can imagine would take forever to adjust on every single track.

If you have an SX2, there's a global gain setting that can be adjusted in utilities mode. The procedure is in the owners manual. Lowering that will most likely fix your problem.
caliguy 5:20 PM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The problem is not on the SX2, not on the hardware side, its an issue with Serato software and every time they adjust for sound levels in different versions they mess this up.

If you have an SX2, there's a global gain setting that can be adjusted in utilities mode. The procedure is in the owners manual. Lowering that will most likely fix your problem.
dj_soo 6:17 PM - 19 July, 2018
Like I said, try grabbing 1.7.2 and rescan a few files using that. It should fix the autogain clipping issue.

Problem is that it doesn't have the latest scanning so you still need to scan with a later version if you want key tags and the like.

Hopefully they sort this out soon...
caliguy 2:19 AM - 20 July, 2018
@DJ_soo so do you think that if I use Serato 1.7.2 to re-analyze my files then try using Serato DJ Pro, that that may fix the issue?

Im pretty sure all my files were re-analyzed prior to 1.7.2 becuase when they previously broke the autogain sound levels I remember analyzing them all over again.

Thank you.
dj_soo 4:00 AM - 20 July, 2018
What I do is scan first in the latest version to get all the proper analysis, then launch 1.7.2, turn off all the options like bpm, beatgrids, etc and rescan - which should set the autogain correctly without affecting the previously scanned information.
StefanDDJ 8:52 PM - 17 October, 2018
SDJ Pro sounds really good with a Macbook plus Denon MC 7000 - sometimes. When it sounds good - it sounds very good. Much better than Pioneer Hardware and Rekordbox.
The Problem is , and I dont find the answer: one Day it sound crystal clear, next time it sounds muddy and boomy. You cannot trust in the sound quality. I really have tried to find the Bug. Laptop, OS, USB. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

The next thing are the double Gains - one in SW one on HW. I dont understand this. Have I setting both or only one? And whyyyy should I not adjust the SW Gain with the HW Gain???
Id mapped the HW Gain to the SW Gain, but this not worked ok.
mixgoonie 9:57 PM - 17 October, 2018
Could it be that the impression of bad sound is related on how the tracks are mastered ?

I mean with that some tracks are mastered in a way that sound better in SDJ than Rekordbox, just a theory ;)
DjSyndic8 11:17 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:
Could it be that the impression of bad sound is related on how the tracks are mastered ?

I mean with that some tracks are mastered in a way that sound better in SDJ than Rekordbox, just a theory ;)

I tend to agree Ive DJ'd on different rigs and the sound quality are all different makes me want to go through my music and get rid of low bit-rate files and get better quality files
RR437T 3:52 AM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
SDJ Pro sounds really good with a Macbook plus Denon MC 7000 - sometimes. When it sounds good - it sounds very good. Much better than Pioneer Hardware and Rekordbox.
The Problem is , and I dont find the answer: one Day it sound crystal clear, next time it sounds muddy and boomy. You cannot trust in the sound quality. I really have tried to find the Bug. Laptop, OS, USB. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

The next thing are the double Gains - one in SW one on HW. I dont understand this. Have I setting both or only one? And whyyyy should I not adjust the SW Gain with the HW Gain???

When you use software to control volume, resolution varies. For example, if you have a 320k mp3, the only way to get the full 320 is to keep your digital volume control(s) set to max. When you lower the volume from max, the file isn't 320 any more. It keeps doping the lower you go. So, you may think you are playing a 320, but in reality it will be something less, like 200. If you are not aware of this and don't take steps to control your gain structure, it explains why some songs sound better than others.

If you want more info, read this article. It wasn't written for DJ's, but the overall concept is identical.

www.soundstageultra.com
Hanginon 1:02 PM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
When you use software to control volume, resolution varies. For example, if you have a 320k mp3, the only way to get the full 320 is to keep your digital volume control(s) set to max. When you lower the volume from max, the file isn't 320 any more. It keeps doping the lower you go. So, you may think you are playing a 320, but in reality it will be something less, like 200. If you are not aware of this and don't take steps to control your gain structure, it explains why some songs sound better than others.

I think are confusing "resolution" with "volume".
popnwave 2:36 PM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
I tend to agree Ive DJ'd on different rigs and the sound quality are all different makes me want to go through my music and get rid of low bit-rate files and get better quality files

That's a never ending process, with videos I have stuff I got off analog masters from the 70s/80s that I would redo the audio do even if the video wasn't that great. Nowadays some of the pools have dug up better sources. I shudder to think how many man hours I've spent building this collection over 20+ years. From VHS and Laserdiscs to VCDs, to DVDs, and now from SD videos to HD ones that had good masters.....never eeeeends
DjSyndic8 7:17 PM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

That's a never ending process, with videos I have stuff I got off analog masters from the 70s/80s that I would redo the audio do even if the video wasn't that great. Nowadays some of the pools have dug up better sources. I shudder to think how many man hours I've spent building this collection over 20+ years. From VHS and Laserdiscs to VCDs, to DVDs, and now from SD videos to HD ones that had good masters.....never eeeeends

agree its a never ending process finding time to do it, back in the days like you said was VCDs VHS DVDs and also the odd video systems in clubs called "Night Life Videos" lol speaking of sound quality I just purchased the Mixed in key pack that has the latest Platinum Notes 4.0 and I'm running a few of my tracks that are really quite through them and seeing if this makes a big difference in sound quality when I play this weekend, have you tried Platinum Notes and what do you think of its algorithm?
RR437T 9:33 PM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I think are confusing "resolution" with "volume".

No confusion. These are simple facts that can be checked. I even provided a link to a detailed explanation on the matter. Is there something you don't understand?
david07 2:37 AM - 2 December, 2018
the ddj sx has a very bad sound
What trash,not more controllers
distorted recordings

(Not recommended)
DJ JulioYEG 4:19 PM - 5 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

agree its a never ending process finding time to do it, back in the days like you said was VCDs VHS DVDs and also the odd video systems in clubs called "Night Life Videos" lol speaking of sound quality I just purchased the Mixed in key pack that has the latest Platinum Notes 4.0 and I'm running a few of my tracks that are really quite through them and seeing if this makes a big difference in sound quality when I play this weekend, have you tried Platinum Notes and what do you think of its algorithm?

how has mnk been working for you? I love it makes analyzing new music easy.
caliguy 8:06 PM - 13 February, 2019
Quote:

Not true.

I dont want to get off topic, but every Pioneer controller/mixer I have ever used with Serato has always had a superior output in contrast to the Dennon DJ gear I have owned, even the entry level DDJ-SB series can sound very good if you correctly adjust the main volume output on the software before adjusting gain and volume on the actual controller.

Also I suspect your files may be of question, because newer, better mastered, 320KBPS mp3s sound great, where older files tend to not sound as good even if they are 320KBS or AAC, or FLAC.
caliguy 8:39 PM - 13 February, 2019
SERATO PROGRAMMERS, WHY THE HELL DO YOU GUYS KEEP BREAKING AUTO-GAIN EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A DRAMATIC CHANGE FROM ONE VERSION TO ANOTHER ???
GET IT RIGHT !!!

I guess my problem may be that I have files analyzed using auto-gain from the original Scratch Live version 1, then Serato forced me to re-analyze my files twice when they broke auto-gain structure in a latter versions of Scratch Live, then came Serato DJ and auto-gain worked fine for me, and all of a sudden DJ PRO breaks auto-gain again!

I finally just had to re-analyze ALL my files, yet again, this time using Serato DJ PRO 2.1 and skipping all previous versions of DJ PRO alltogether.

THE GOOD:
This helped for the majority of my tracks.

THE BAD:
1) Some tracks still clipped slightly even at the lower 91 decibel auto-gain setting, so there is still inconsistency. The songs that clip slightly I suspect are files that I had previously MANUALLY increased the gain on when I first used these tracks in Scratch Live and Serato DJ, and its possible that Serato DJ PRO may have taken that adjusment I had made when it completed the analyzation and may have added that differnce to the track thereby causing it to clip?
2) DJ PROs auto-gain incorrectly changed the BPM info on some tracks that are a challenge for Serato to get correct, and some tracks BPMs were cut in half but thats an easier fix.

I couldnt continue using older versions of Serato to "uniformly" adjust my songs auto-gain becuase sooner or later there will be another Serato build which will eventually break the previous versions auto-gain AGAIN, so I had to advance all my files analyzation to Serato DJ PRO as a new base.
StefanDDJ 9:05 PM - 13 February, 2019
caliguy

How do you adjust the Master on the Serato Software correctly?

Thankyou
DjSyndic8 11:15 PM - 13 February, 2019
Quote:
SERATO PROGRAMMERS, WHY THE HELL DO YOU GUYS KEEP BREAKING AUTO-GAIN EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A DRAMATIC CHANGE FROM ONE VERSION TO ANOTHER ???
GET IT RIGHT !!!

they didn't break, its an unfinished project they just have to complete it I think?
DJ JulioYEG 5:27 AM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
caliguy

How do you adjust the Master on the Serato Software correctly?

Thankyou

double yellow. same on mixer. dont clip.
DJ JulioYEG 5:28 AM - 15 February, 2019
if u need more volume go into the 3rd amber ( yellow ) tops
david07 3:28 PM - 14 March, 2019
I had a mcx8000 and it is quite superior in terms of sound quality than the pioneer, at least the models I had
david07 3:28 PM - 14 March, 2019
I had a mcx8000 and it is quite superior in terms of sound quality than the pioneer, at least the models I had
DJ JulioYEG 5:17 PM - 14 March, 2019
Quote:
if u need more volume go into the 3rd amber ( yellow ) tops

also make sure your serato master isnt clipping and check to see what your auto gain is at should be 92 db