Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Is there a way to pitch bend in Serato Sample?

Headlands 10:42 PM - 24 February, 2018
I use this feature all of the time with the Cubase Sample Track, and it's essential for my work. I have the trial of Serato Pitch and can't figure out how to make using pitch bend happen (not in half steps, but smooth like an actual pitch bend on a synth)...feels like it should be able to, didn't see it in the manual (unless I'm in idiot and missed it).

Thanks!
ludicrouSpeed 5:38 AM - 28 February, 2018
This was exactly my question... Seems an obvious feature to include, but there is no way to do it... I hope they implement it, cause you could do it way back when with Serato Pitch n Time... Shouldn't be too hard... When you move the waveform it pitches like a record...
Vanityisbliss 3:38 AM - 24 March, 2018
The workaround i use is automation within my DAW, Studio One 3, by directing it towards the song source key function for Serato Sample and editing it that way.
ludicrouSpeed 3:54 AM - 24 March, 2018
Do you have "fine" control, though? Ie. I tried what you described already, but it pitches by semitones only... So it doesn't "glide" smoothly. Not even close.
Vanityisbliss 1:47 AM - 26 March, 2018
The way that automation works in Studio One for me, when i select the song key source, is by cents not semitones. It lets me adjust it from 0 to 100 down to a decimal in the automation envelope editor, in the arrangement view.

If i am using an 808 for example, i set all of the midi data inside of the event on C3 and i select pad 1, C1 on Serato Sample to have the shift key pad initiated. That way it always activates what ever sound that's used at its root note. Then i just adjust the rhythm/pattern, and when i want a glide, in the automation editor, i click in three points so it dips (in cents) from one tone to another and then back to the original tone.

I don't know how automation envelopes for Vst effects and instruments work for Cubase or other Daws, so im not sure if it allows that kind of control for this specific plugin.
apricotandpearjam 5:49 PM - 13 June, 2018
i also REALLY want pitch bend and portamento / glide.
sec_goat 1:10 AM - 1 October, 2018
Agreed, please add the ability to Pitch bend, portamento and glide!
Sneg 12:48 AM - 18 May, 2019
I would love this feature too. +1
Amir Ayyar 2:30 PM - 5 September, 2019
Yeah man. Features like this one and looping area are like essential. I don't know why Serato doesn't do anything about it. It's like with Studio out they've forgotten about Sample all and all.
Dubbylabby 7:02 AM - 16 April, 2020
I believed it was from minute 0... shame Serato seems lost some insight from the original era...
CDK 8:26 PM - 17 February, 2022
Please implement Pitch bend.
Serato
Luke Fitzgerald 2:53 AM - 28 February, 2022
Hi guys
Thanks for the suggestion (old I know!) about pitch bend. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Meanwhile I can address some of the earlier comments about glide and automating pitch shift.

Glide has been a feature for a while now in Sample. If you activate Keyboard Mode on a given cue pad the Favourite button (star) will be replace by a Glide knob.

In version 1.4.0 we've also introduced the ability to turn off Pitch n Time so you can smoothly adjust the pitch using the Tempo controls. This action is more aligned with how speeding up/slowing down a record would affect pitch.

I hope that helps a bit.
Thanks