Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

MIDI map pads on Akai MPK mini mk2 for Serato Sample

d_an 6:59 AM - 19 January, 2018
Hi

In Serato Sample, it seems that you must use MIDI note numbers C1 to D#2 in order to trigger sample slices. First of all, this is true, right? Is there any way to edit this in Serato Sample so that I can start my chops at MIDI notes C2, or C3? Right now, if I try and make a slice in Serato sample and trigger the slice with any note outside of the range C1 to D#2, it says, for example, "C0 is out of range, Shift Octave down to C1".

If it's only possible to trigger samples in Serato Sample with MIDI notes C1 to D#2, then I need to re-map my Akai MPK mini mk2 so that the Pads are assigned from C1 to D#2. So, I remapped the pads in the MPK mini Editor software so that Pad 1 says "note C1 (#24)", and the notes go chromatically upward from there. After making the adjustments in the editor, I pressed "Send" next to "Program 1", then on my MPK mini, I press and hold "PROG SELECT" and pressed Pad 5 (which selects Program 1 and maps the settings I saved in the software to my MPK mini, or at least, it should). However, when I open up Serato Sample, and press down on Pad 1, it still says that Pad 1 is set to C0, and is "out of range".
Can anyone give some advice on how to fix this? I have looked at several tutorials and forums and I cannot find the answer to this problem. I either need to understand what I am doing wrong with the mapping within the MPK mini Editor software, OR, find a way to make the settings in Serato Sample so that I can trigger samples starting at C2, or C3, so that it can match with one of the other "Programs" that are saved on the MPK. I'd appreciate the help.
MusicCardsTees 3:46 PM - 19 April, 2019
Unfortunately, there is no advice on this issue, and I don't think the people at Serato are doing anything about it. May not be a big enough concern for them. All I know is it is a pain in the ass to have that keep happening. I'm using an MPD218, and having the same issue.