Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Any crazy "predictions" for Serato DJ Pro announcement next week? ;)

djkee 2:03 AM - 17 January, 2018
Who has the craziest "prediction"?

I will start...

FEC for DVS vinyl.

Flat Earth Correction. The original versions of Serato tone records were designed to be played while spinning on a record platter on a rotating spheroid shaped planet... and as such, the algorithm automatically corrects for the "rotation of the earth". However, on a flat earth, the correction is no needed. FEC removes this faulty error correction system. Available by check box in the settings menu.
djkee 2:04 AM - 17 January, 2018
new Serato Official Accessory.... Toaster controller

Watchwww.youtube.com
djkee 2:10 AM - 17 January, 2018
SIABRQ

Spotify Integration with Auction-Based Request Queue*

Play songs from Spotify and monetize it via auction. Specify how many requests you will take per hour and set a reserve auction price.

* only compatible with Apple Pay.
MrShigura 4:09 AM - 17 January, 2018
The frequent issue with the 62 and windows (randomly blasts literally deafening white noise at max volume on all channels) will be added to the seventy two as a "feature."
DJ Tecniq 4:27 AM - 17 January, 2018
Still the same shitty echo out fx.
DeeJay Fingers 4:56 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Still the same shitty echo out fx.

this guy has a different opinion

Watchwww.youtube.com
cotdagoo 6:24 PM - 17 January, 2018
I predict disappointment! ;)
MrShigura 6:25 PM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:

Hey, they asked for crazy predictions, not virtually certain ones... -_-
Dj cuervo 6:28 PM - 17 January, 2018
No announcement coming next week is my prediction!!!
Wavespeech 7:10 PM - 17 January, 2018
I've been testing Pro for a few months now, and I'm not supposed to say anything, but:

If you have a mic plugged into your controller, and pointed at the crowd, Shift+double click Sync will enable MoodSync, from testing it'll 'listen' to the crowd reaction, highlighting tunes in your library with the same 'feel', colour coded for 'mood up' and 'mood down', the choice is yours.

Unless sync is enabled then it will Pyro mix the next tune based on highly rated up and down previous 'mood' profiles.

After the third playing of a track following shouts of "one more tune" it'll auto play the least rated and played tune in your library and bring up the house lights.

If anyone asks, you ain't seen me, right.
DJ Wrenocide 8:49 PM - 17 January, 2018
Pre cue listening =O
popnwave 9:26 PM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
The frequent issue with the 62 and windows (randomly blasts literally deafening white noise at max volume on all channels) will be added to the seventy two as a "feature."

Wouldn't that be a RANE issue first and foremost?
MrShigura 4:24 PM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't that be a RANE issue first and foremost?

Considering that both parties refuse to take responsibility, hard to say...
John Calipari 5:31 PM - 22 January, 2018
How about Serato being purchased by InMusic's ION or M-Audio Branch or maybe Roland . . . . . lock, stock, and barrel.

It's a crazy predictions after all.
popnwave 5:46 PM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
How about Serato being purchased by InMusic's ION or M-Audio Branch or maybe Roland . . . . . lock, stock, and barrel.

It's a crazy predictions after all.

I'd be pouring out a 40oz for Serato if that happened.

You know one thing I'd be interested in, rather than Spotify music integration, has anyone noticed that Spotify's library has KEY info and BPM already in the catalog? Check out:

Songbpm.com or if you fire up Spotify in DJay you'll notice that stuff is already there vs needing to analyze for it. I would LOVE to see that as an option for key detection which could speed up such things in SDJ when adding to your library with a semi decent network connection.
577er 5:58 PM - 22 January, 2018
I’d put my money on “pet tracks” expansion pack which would allow you to pick a species (cat, dog, horse, bird, whale...) and unlock ultra high or low frequencies that allow your pet to “sing” along. Just think how dope Sgnt. Peppers Lonely Harts Club or Who Let The Dogs Out would be with live pet accompaniment.
Will08272 6:33 PM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, they asked for crazy predictions, not virtually certain ones... -_-

Harsh, hilarious none the less, but still harsh.
djkee 10:33 PM - 1 February, 2018
Winner!

Quote:
Dj cuervo 3:08 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
Winner!

Quote:

Thanks
DJ Tecniq 5:33 PM - 2 February, 2018
No laggy waveforms🙏🏼
nik39 11:15 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
SIABRQ

Spotify Integration with Auction-Based Request Queue*

Play songs from Spotify and monetize it via auction. Specify how many requests you will take per hour and set a reserve auction price.

* only compatible with Apple Pay.

Haha, I like that :)
Dj Jamie Carter 6:25 AM - 4 February, 2018
Still no play count or last played column after being requested by loads of people all them years ago.
938MyDJ 8:56 AM - 4 February, 2018
It’s not a very important feature...

If you know your library well (or at least your top 1000 personal picks) just put them within one crate and organize them the way you want... by genre, by bpm, by year, etc.
Coherence 10:10 AM - 4 February, 2018
Quote:

If you know your library well (or at least your top 1000 personal picks) just put them within one crate and organize them the way you want... by genre, by bpm, by year, etc.

Or, you know, just put a f'ing play counter in. This is some serious coding 101. Sorry to sound like an ass, but I simply don't buy any sort of 'do some other shit to work around pure laziness from the devs'. Not cool.

Serato: Add a damn play counter. Period.
Coherence 10:13 AM - 4 February, 2018
And sorry, I should have elaborated - while what you said is entirely true, it is a trivial feature to add and does add value, especially when you have a very high traffic collection. It is good to know, at a glance, what tracks may have been avoided / underplayed so you can determine if they need to be in your library any more or if you've just been overlooking a gem.

Apologies if I came off as harsh to you - it was more intended for Serato. I get what you are saying, but I also never enjoy excuses for things that are, as I said, trivial to implement.
938MyDJ 10:44 AM - 4 February, 2018
We all have features we wish are implemented with our DJ software.

Some of mine are very simple too IMO:

*Disengage SLIP Mode when a New Track is loaded.

*Separate Group of SAMPLES per deck - 32 available samples if mixing on 4 Decks.

*Separate CUE Points for FLIP so that I can keep my Regular CUE Points which I use for the song phrases - Really important for me to mix in and mix out.

But these are all PERSONAL and Serato will always say the most voted feature request becomes the priority.

Do I get mad? I can if I want to... but i don’t.
I’d rather count the good things the software has contributed to my DJ life/career.

I have licenses of all the leading DJ softwares and they have features that Serato doesn’t have. SDJ has most what I need that’s why it’s still the one I use on a regular basis.

If you can find the Add Playcount on the Feature Suggestion Forum, your +1 might add up.

Peace, Bro!
938MyDJ 10:46 AM - 4 February, 2018
The link:

serato.com
Coherence 12:29 PM - 4 February, 2018
Thanks for the link, I'll definitely drop a +1 in there. I think the frustrating part is that this particular 'feature' would simply be a function on top of the data they already produce. In my case, I have a little script that parses my history exports and compiles a CSV of all the tracks and how many times they've been played. If this can be done with a few lines of code externally from data Serato already produces, then it is somewhat unbelievable that this would be shelved. I totally understand having to prioritize features with limited resources, but this is _THE DEFINITION_ of low hanging fruit. I wouldn't doubt it this is already tracked in Serato's database, but we simply don't have the column exposed in the library view.

Again, apologies for coming off as a dick. I'm in a bit of a mood. I've got bleed through on channel 2 of my DJ-808 (found out during a live stream =P), my channel 1 upfader is broken, and since firmware 1.10, none of the Serato effects seem to track properly with the music. My delays sound like they are snapping triplets when set to 1/2 beat. =/ Luckily I had a trusty pair of Denon SC2900's at the ready, so the show went on, but man, what a bummer.
Coherence 12:32 PM - 4 February, 2018
The exact software request thread for the feature in question: serato.com
Dave-M 2:14 PM - 4 February, 2018
Monkey tennis.
DJ Wrenocide 6:21 AM - 7 February, 2018
Quote:

Although it may not be seen an important feature to some dj's, maybe genre specific, maybe some club dj's, guys that do know their library well and update it when needed, it can be a great feature.

I will still to this day use VDJ Pro for my mobile gigs, and will use Serato for my bar/lounge gigs, but I found this feature very useful starting out. I haven't done any mobile gigs for a few years but it really helped with their Content Unlimited streaming service. I had a general idea of what to play when I started doing weddings but any song I didn't have CU came in handy. I would take a look at all the songs I played and streamed, try and reference my request sheets, and see what the trends were for my gigs. If I played a streamed song more then 3 times within roughly 2 months, I would look it up on iTunes and buy it or when i got into DJ pools I would download it and some remixes if I liked them.

So a play counter actually does have a decent argument to be included.
Veks 9:09 AM - 7 February, 2018
Midi mapping for Ctrl (Cmd) + F shortcut. That's all.
mixgoonie 10:46 AM - 7 February, 2018
Multi EQ profiles (full kill and DJM EQ profiles) + better sound quality :p also for the recording.