Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-1000 & Serato DJ

DJ MousE.ch 10:37 AM - 16 January, 2018
Hy, Pionner brings a new Controller called DDJ-1000. It will be a recordbox-Controller. Will this also works with Serato DJ or does there a simular new Controller come for use with Serato DJ?
pedro81 10:49 AM - 16 January, 2018
I hope Serato and Pioneer continued working toguether because us “Serato users” we dont want yo change the software .... we Love Serato. Pioneer is releasing amazing New products and i couldnt understand that you must use rekordbox dj if you want this controller.
playerz 11:34 AM - 16 January, 2018
Look trouble now........
DJ Tecniq 1:59 PM - 16 January, 2018
Rekordbox is competing software and i don’t see them having Serato support for this controller. It is cool but i highly doubt it.
Dj cuervo 4:31 PM - 16 January, 2018
Pioneer will only release devices that support Rekordbox soon. This is why Serato needs to unlock the soundcard. They will have no choice in the future to open it up.
KlausMogensen 8:01 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Pioneer will only release devices that support Rekordbox soon. This is why Serato needs to unlock the soundcard. They will have no choice in the future to open it up.

I agree. Serato needs the same openess as Traktor and Virtual DJ if they want to keep their position in the marked
Dj cuervo 2:13 PM - 17 January, 2018
They can do it with a subscription module and I would paid for it to be more flexible. I believe it will be a win /win for both parties. More revenue for Serato to help in development and more flexibility for the djs.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:53 PM - 17 January, 2018
The only challenge I see with opening it up for unofficial devices will be support.

If you pay money for freedom to use it with any device who do you go to WHEN not IF there are issues.

Quote:
They can do it with a subscription module and I would paid for it to be more flexible. I believe it will be a win /win for both parties. More revenue for Serato to help in development and more flexibility for the djs.
KlausMogensen 12:28 AM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
The only challenge I see with opening it up for unofficial devices will be support.

If you pay money for freedom to use it with any device who do you go to WHEN not IF there are issues.

Quote:

Just devide the hw into groups of support. The natively supported ones are the ones with a Serato stamp on them, where Serato tells you that everything will work and you can get official help for them. The others are based on forum support, and Serato will post general help, but most help and support comes from other users
KlausMogensen 12:33 AM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:

Yes that's really a thing. Serato will probably need a new business model for this to work and keep making them money. It's very different from the business model of being the software in the box
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:39 AM - 18 January, 2018
Then they will need to make the code available for users no?

If at all they do consider this i reckon a totally different name for said open product , different forum etc. The only similarly will be said product can read Serato DJ database.

On the flip Mixx is free open source dj software and I don't know anyone using it

But I bet you, if people have to pay for "Serato Open" they will expect support irrespective of any disclaimer. Consumer protection laws will also ensure that.

I don't think it will be a profitable venture but I could be wrong.
KlausMogensen 12:43 AM - 18 January, 2018
Not really open. You can map new hardware to both Traktor and Virtual DJ. So it's really only an open API and mapping/scripting language that's needed. The software itself can still be closed
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:46 AM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Not really open. You can map new hardware to both Traktor and Virtual DJ. So it's really only an open API and mapping/scripting language that's needed. The software itself can still be closed

Makes sense.

Time will tell

Evolve or Die.
dj_spark 4:31 PM - 16 April, 2018
You'd better do it in HID / script if you can because in midi the performance doesn't compare.
www.instagram.com
So Fresh 4:44 PM - 16 April, 2018
is it really that difficult for pioneer to open this up for Serato?

the S9 went the other way so they could do it if they wanted to but choose not to or am i missing something.

They would sell so many more units
So Fresh 4:57 PM - 16 April, 2018
I've been having mad trouble with my dj 808 on my second one and its been back 3 times and its back again:(

I love the unit but need it to work so have been looking at options and it's going back to mixer set with a 72 or another controller, the only one that catches my eye is the DDJ-1000 apart the from rekordbox switch

1st work problem i guess
DJ Tecniq 5:19 PM - 16 April, 2018
What is wrong with your 808?
So Fresh 5:34 PM - 16 April, 2018
first one was channel 4 up fader drop out at the top if that makes any sense, you had to give it a wiggle and it would come back- they replaced the fader but the problem remained so they replaced it

the second one was channel 2 same thing + the deck would stop working so i would have to jump over to another channel - reboot fixed the transport control but the intermittent audio drop on channel 2 is just not workable.

It just went back again so I'm speaking to the shop about options and to be fair they have been really helpful as they can see I've lost faith.

Such a shame because I love the feel - I'm not really using the TR as much as I would like and to be honest the 4 decks either apart from back up mentioned above. I'm starting to realise I'm more of AB scatch kind of guy so 4 decks is a bit wasted on me but the 505 not having the platter indicators puts me off that.
dj_spark 5:34 PM - 16 April, 2018
Quote:
is it really that difficult for pioneer to open this up for Serato?

the S9 went the other way so they could do it if they wanted to but choose not to or am i missing something.

They would sell so many more units

The goal for the DDJ-1000 is to get traction to Rekordbox, they are probably selling it with minimal profits just for the sake of capturing new comers.
So Fresh 5:38 PM - 16 April, 2018
good point!

just wish they wouldn't:)

I've been with Serato since SL1 so really hard to let go
dj_spark 5:50 PM - 16 April, 2018
I did a little hack, but unfortunately the midi mode is not as slick as the hid !
youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 6:01 PM - 16 April, 2018
Quote:
first one was channel 4 up fader drop out at the top if that makes any sense, you had to give it a wiggle and it would come back- they replaced the fader but the problem remained so they replaced it

the second one was channel 2 same thing + the deck would stop working so i would have to jump over to another channel - reboot fixed the transport control but the intermittent audio drop on channel 2 is just not workable.

It just went back again so I'm speaking to the shop about options and to be fair they have been really helpful as they can see I've lost faith.

Such a shame because I love the feel - I'm not really using the TR as much as I would like and to be honest the 4 decks either apart from back up mentioned above. I'm starting to realise I'm more of AB scatch kind of guy so 4 decks is a bit wasted on me but the 505 not having the platter indicators puts me off that.
Wow this makes me feel more confident in my choice of a Pioneer deck instead of Roland. I thought Roland would be a solid company but this sounds like a nightmare.
So Fresh 6:48 PM - 16 April, 2018
It’s not been Great but 1st gen I guess

Roland have been very good with customer support so no complaints there.

I might be unlucky because not that many people have been complaining,
Philmixit 10:22 AM - 17 April, 2018
Pedro81,

I say the same thing, why if I need a Controller that I like ,I have to be force to use the software
that comes with it, sorry Pioneer, I am a SERATO USER.
lofty 10:46 AM - 17 April, 2018
Quote:
Pedro81,

I say the same thing, why if I need a Controller that I like ,I have to be force to use the software
that comes with it, sorry Pioneer, I am a SERATO USER.

But why the stubbornness not to try other software - or change ?
I've tried every dj software - from BPM studio, mixmeistr , final scratch, virtual , dj pro, Serato and rekordbox
All have their good and bad
I jumped on rekordbox a few years ago
There was no learning curve. It was just stable and had buttery smooth waveforms
Yes the video plugin is meh ,,, but it works for the few gigs I need it
Some people say you can't have mixed media playlist on rekordbox - actually you can and it's really easy to do !

Those worried about cues and such - honestly it takes 10 seconds when loading a track to put In a few cues and loops

I got the ddj 1000 and it's amazing! The whole thing is sweet. It's really nice to play on.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:19 AM - 17 April, 2018
Quote:

Some people say you can't have mixed media playlist on rekordbox - actually you can and it's really easy to do !

How did you do this?
mixgoonie 11:26 AM - 17 April, 2018
How did he perform the hack with editing the text file ?

Just curious to modify the mapping with function that currently doesn't exist.
lofty 1:10 PM - 17 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

How did you do this?

Just use a pre video (4.1.2) version of rekordbox to load MP4
Then when you open the current (5.2) your MP4 have the same attribute as mp3 :)

It's actually really easy

Here is a video I did of how to do it

youtu.be

Cheers
So Fresh 1:29 PM - 17 April, 2018
I DON"T know what to do!

amazingly they are willing to give me full credit on my dj 808

but what do I get it

DDJ 1000 - stuck with Rekord box which I'm not really into
72 + phase - lose the convenience of a controller and have to pay a lot on top
or replacement 808 which will be my third so not very confident.

Pro's an cons with all of them
Just Mike 12:21 AM - 1 May, 2018
I have the DDJ-1000. This is a well-built machine. Great feel! Rekordbox makes this controller just "MEH" Under Serato control, it would be one of the best out! BTW, I also own the Denon MCX8000, Numark NS7II, Pioneer S9 with Tables, Pioneer DDJ SX2, Pioneer CDJ's 850 with SL Box, so I am not new to Serato. As much as I dislike VDJ, the controller is plug and play with VDJ. VDJ doesn't run any better than rekordbox. Need a little Serato life pumped into the DDJ-1000. I can lose use of the screens as long as the jogs and the knobs worked. The feel of CDJ's with the portability of a controller. Waiting for that genius to figure it out or Serato to take over this piece of equipment.
dj_spark 5:10 AM - 1 May, 2018
Not genius but got it worked :
serato.com
Just Mike 11:38 AM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Not genius but got it worked :
serato.com

Any latency issues between the jogs and the software?
dj_spark 7:08 AM - 2 May, 2018
Yes it does, not as tight as HID, and Serato is not the best at managing 14bits midi messages (MSB/LSB).
DJ MousE.ch 9:07 AM - 4 June, 2018
now Pioneer DJ has unveiled the DDJ-SX3 Controller. for me a must have and even better than Match the DDJ-1000 to Serato DJ-Pro !!
mixgoonie 11:37 AM - 4 June, 2018
There are dedicated buttons for effects which seems better than designated button.
Just Mike 2:18 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
now Pioneer DJ has unveiled the DDJ-SX3 Controller. for me a must have and even better than Match the DDJ-1000 to Serato DJ-Pro !!

What a bummer! SX1, 2 and 3 have slight differences and/or improvements. DDJ1000 could be one of the best if it wasn't for the crappy software. DJ Pro would definitely lift it to one of the top positions.
Aptidda 4:22 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. Serato needs the same openess as Traktor and Virtual DJ if they want to keep their position in the marked

you sir not only have a nose for the ages, but are in complete disillusion and are clearly at the bottom of the barrel in regards to social status and pay scale. How is the degree in "womens studies" holding up for ya in the workplace? Here is a translation of what you just said:

" I agree. Serato needs to model their business as a complete failure just like Traktor and Virtual DJ."

Take your senseless feedback and misinformed "Fake News" back to where it came from you pathetic Social Justice Warrior.
popnwave 5:24 PM - 4 June, 2018
Hey now, don't turn this into a complete dumpster fire.
577er 7:38 PM - 4 June, 2018
LoLyfe 9:06 PM - 10 June, 2018
i was just looking at the specs of the SX3. I have an aging SX and was hoping that the SX3 would have tighter jog wheels....even tho the sheer size of the jog wheels on the 1000 are the winner IMO.

All i really want is a set of high quality jogs...everything else is secondary.

I would have jumped to rekordbox if the video is a solid as MixEmergency but from the posts above it doesn't appear to be. I VDJ twice a week for 6 hours a gig so I need something solid.
Just Mike 9:15 PM - 10 June, 2018
Quote:
i was just looking at the specs of the SX3. I have an aging SX and was hoping that the SX3 would have tighter jog wheels....even tho the sheer size of the jog wheels on the 1000 are the winner IMO.

I would have jumped to rekordbox if the video is a solid as MixEmergency but from the posts above it doesn't appear to be. I VDJ twice a week for 6 hours a gig so I need something solid.

Rekordbox videos are gittery and can not touch Serato Video, let alone ME.
DJ Tecniq 10:33 PM - 10 June, 2018
I had recently upgraded from Yosemite to High Sierra MacOS and i regret it. Serato Video is incredibly sluggish now and has framerate issues with videos that used to play fine it’s looks like my computer is weak and the video output is terrible. I use a 15” mbp w/nvidia graphics so it’s not my specs. My suggestion to everyone do a clean install of the OS instead. As far as they everything else is fine but video mixing is out of the question I’m going to clean install Sierra OS. I heard from other users the same thing happened when the upgraded to High Sierra.
LoLyfe 2:35 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Rekordbox videos are gittery and can not touch Serato Video, let alone ME.

figured. such a shame... guess my patience will have to continue until a product comes along that fits the needs completely,
LoLyfe 2:39 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
I had recently upgraded from Yosemite to High Sierra MacOS and i regret it. Serato Video is incredibly sluggish now and has framerate issues with videos that used to play fine it’s looks like my computer is weak and the video output is terrible. I use a 15” mbp w/nvidia graphics so it’s not my specs. My suggestion to everyone do a clean install of the OS instead. As far as they everything else is fine but video mixing is out of the question I’m going to clean install Sierra OS. I heard from other users the same thing happened when the upgraded to High Sierra.

I have not upgraded from Yosemite because for S-DJ and ME everything works great but other applications that I use (like Adobe CC) will not upgrade with Yosemite. Im curious to know how a fresh install works for you.
DJ Tecniq 3:21 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
I have not upgraded from Yosemite because for S-DJ and ME everything works great but other applications that I use (like Adobe CC) will not upgrade with Yosemite. Im curious to know how a fresh install works for you.
Well I’ll explain why i decided to update. I was at an outside gig and i had random audio distortion 3 times with SDJ Pro and the last version of SDJ...i tried both no difference. Turned WiFi, Bluetooth off no change. Yosemite is not fully supported in SDJ Pro so i figured that was the cause. Mind you it was hot outside but i had smcfancontrol in full blast and the Mac temperature was just reaching 60c so it wasn’t incredibly hot but was warm to the touch. All a sudden i was playing the decks got jittery and skipping then audio distortion occurred my only fix was to replug the usb. I wanted to just walk away from the gig it was so embarrassing...so i figured why not update.
DJ Tecniq 3:24 PM - 11 June, 2018
Long story short i got rained out at the gig and had to quickly pack up everything long story short my Lacie ext drive that i had plugged in suffered some water damage even though it’s “supposed” to be a water resistant drive. Tested all my audio equipment back home and it’s fine.
DJ Tecniq 3:24 PM - 11 June, 2018
Sorry meant to put “long story short” only once.
LoLyfe 3:46 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Well I’ll explain why i decided to update. I was at an outside gig and i had random audio distortion 3 times with SDJ Pro and the last version of SDJ...i tried both no difference. Turned WiFi, Bluetooth off no change. Yosemite is not fully supported in SDJ Pro so i figured that was the cause. Mind you it was hot outside but i had smcfancontrol in full blast and the Mac temperature was just reaching 60c so it wasn’t incredibly hot but was warm to the touch. All a sudden i was playing the decks got jittery and skipping then audio distortion occurred my only fix was to replug the usb. I wanted to just walk away from the gig it was so embarrassing...so i figured why not update.

hmm. Yosemite has been solid for me with SDJ Pro. I have a 2014 MBP (full decked without the 1TB internal). I also run a GDrive 16TB external (Raid 0) because of the videos (and need for space).

I would wonder if trying any of the following would fix your jittering
1 - trying a different USB port
2 - changing the USB cable

sounds to be that this would be the first place to troubleshoot since that was the fix for you in the first place. Are you running any type of hubs? Try running your files from your internal to see if you experience the same. The heat could have affected your external and not so much your Mac...just a thought.
DJ Tecniq 4:57 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Doubt it’s the usb cable It’s an SR2 not even 6 months old and i used it at a gig over the weekend w/o issue at my main bar gig w/High Sierra. As for the other USB port i use the one on the left. Does a diff port make a difference it’s a Mid 2014 15” mbp w/great specs.
DJ Tecniq 5:04 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote fail. No usb hub just the SR2 and Lacie ext is plugged in through usb. It also has thunderbolt connection but i stopped using that cause the thunderbolt cable/port is incredibly touchy and i don’t trust it. It’s possible the drive just got too hot but also the decks got slow and jittery when that occurred the audio distortion came however SDJ cpu limiter wasn’t even full red or near it reached halfway then bugged out
LoLyfe 5:45 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote fail. No usb hub just the SR2 and Lacie ext is plugged in through usb. It also has thunderbolt connection but i stopped using that cause the thunderbolt cable/port is incredibly touchy and i don’t trust it. It’s possible the drive just got too hot but also the decks got slow and jittery when that occurred the audio distortion came however SDJ cpu limiter wasn’t even full red or near it reached halfway then bugged out

so I would say it could be the drive. That CPU meter i dont think takes into consideration the I/O speeds which if the drive started acting up due to heat would cause everything else following to be affected. Not sure how these Lacie drives perform under heat but generally I try to keep my drives and MBP out of direct sunlight for heat reasons.

Everything I am replying with is from personal experiences and not to be taken as expert advice btw....hope some it helps!
popnwave 6:07 PM - 11 June, 2018
YOSEMITE and SDJ PRO work fine. Just because it gets left off the damn spec sheet because most companies ONLY list the 3 current OSes is not a problem.

STOP regurgitating that shit every time Tecniq!
Whozya 7:25 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:

I have used Rekordbox DJ allot lately and have had no issues with running Rekordbox DJ with Video to multiple TV's and using DVS. It runs very smooth and I have less issues than with Serato Video. I am running a PC with an I5 and a Nvidia graphics card. Just like any program you have to tweak the settings to make it work best for you.
LoLyfe 7:34 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have used Rekordbox DJ allot lately and have had no issues with running Rekordbox DJ with Video to multiple TV's and using DVS. It runs very smooth and I have less issues than with Serato Video. I am running a PC with an I5 and a Nvidia graphics card. Just like any program you have to tweak the settings to make it work best for you.

I actually moved from 2 AlienWare laptops to a MBP in 2014 for mixemergency which is top tier IMO. Maybe ill make the jump in my off season.
popnwave 8:07 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:

RB Video's biggest failure is the lack of side fill for older videos and new ones that directors release in silly formats like vertical videos (Nicki Minaj and Maroon 5 both had ones recently). Until they do that, it's kinda worthless to me for open format gigs. Other than that, it WORKS ok.
DJ Tecniq 4:20 AM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:
STOP regurgitating that shit every time Tecniq!
I haven’t but Serato does state it’s not supported and i only updated because i thought the OS X was the culprit due to lack of security updates.
popnwave 2:35 PM - 12 June, 2018
Show me where they say it is explicitly not supported. The only thing Apple isn't patching for it is the meltdown/spectre stuff which is a given with the potential performance hits it might create. As of now there are no known 0 day exploits affecting Yosemite other than those which are CPU level. Until there is some monster exploit there's no reason to worry about it, when that happens you upgrade.

And honestly if you're targeted by either of those attacks you have bigger things to worry about in life.
LoLyfe 2:38 PM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:
Show me where they say it is explicitly not supported. The only thing Apple isn't patching for it is the meltdown/spectre stuff which is a given with the potential performance hits it might create. As of now there are no known 0 day exploits affecting Yosemite other than those which are CPU level. Until there is some monster exploit there's no reason to worry about it, when that happens you upgrade.

And honestly if you're targeted by either of those attacks you have bigger things to worry about in life.

I thought it did say something about what it does support (and Yos isnt listed) but I tried first and its been solid for me. It didn't say it doesn't support it but that could be what a user above mentioned...they only list the last 3 versions of OS...who knows.
dj_soo 11:36 PM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:

While not as nice as the 1000, the SZ and SZ2 has pretty decent jogs. The difference maker is the tension adjuster.
LoLyfe 11:38 PM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

While not as nice as the 1000, the SZ and SZ2 has pretty decent jogs. The difference maker is the tension adjuster.

Yeah I've used the SZ. Too big for my taste overall. Jogs are beautiful tho. For that price I would just get a CDJ and use it on my S9. I think ProX has a 1 mixer/1 CDJ case...
dj_soo 7:16 AM - 13 June, 2018
I honestly don't understand why tension adjusters on jog wheels isn't just a standard thing.

The Vestax platters were pretty good because of it...
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:54 AM - 23 June, 2018
Whilst watching DJ TLMs overview video of the DDJ 1000 and the usual thoughts I had

"only if this worked with Serato"

"why are they releasing the SX3"

You know the usual GAS symptoms it occurred to me that Pioneers strategy is long term, I think Serato users are not the prime target in their world domination quest but the newer djs who have not settled on a software yet. DJs can be very stubborn lol, hell some people are still gigging with SSL and SL1 today.

They probably have a 10 year strategy to be achieve this and they 've got the muscle to play the long game.
Telony Ex 1:14 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
Whilst watching DJ TLMs overview video of the DDJ 1000 and the usual thoughts I had

"only if this worked with Serato"

"why are they releasing the SX3"

You know the usual GAS symptoms it occurred to me that Pioneers strategy is long term, I think Serato users are not the prime target in their world domination quest but the newer djs who have not settled on a software yet. DJs can be very stubborn lol, hell some people are still gigging with SSL and SL1 today.

They probably have a 10 year strategy to be achieve this and they 've got the muscle to play the long game.

+1
Djoseviera 1:48 PM - 25 June, 2018
You can map the jog wheels and more with this (but I recommend use the native hardware of controller): djtechtools.com

(sorry I'm not speak english very well)
thorissr 3:51 PM - 25 June, 2018
I purchased the 1000 over the weekend and think I’m going to cash it in for a pair of Rane 12s to complete my Rane rig. It’s a great controller with large jogs and onboard hardware effects. As far as Rekordbox Dj and the 1000 is concerned it uses more resourcez than my RZX does on using the same MacBook Pro.

Over the weekend I tested the 1000 extensively and in order to eliminate the static audio issues I was experiencing, I had to move over to RBDJ 5.3 Beta 4 and update the 1000s firmware to a special firmware created specifically to rid 1000 owners of this documented issue. If then, I could only run my buffer at 92 samples (2.2ms). Any lower and the static sound still exist especially when you activate the unit’s Beat FX.

The DDJ RZX is a beast of a unit requiring a top spec computer to handle those 3 screens and I have no
Problem running it on my 15 inch mid 2014 Maxbook pro. I’ll stick with the ddj RZX and continue my quest to get my hands on a pair of Rane 12’s.
Aptidda 8:15 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
I purchased the 1000 over the weekend and think I’m going to cash it in for a pair of Rane 12s to complete my Rane rig. It’s a great controller with large jogs and onboard hardware effects. As far as Rekordbox Dj and the 1000 is concerned it uses more resourcez than my RZX does on using the same MacBook Pro.

Over the weekend I tested the 1000 extensively and in order to eliminate the static audio issues I was experiencing, I had to move over to RBDJ 5.3 Beta 4 and update the 1000s firmware to a special firmware created specifically to rid 1000 owners of this documented issue. If then, I could only run my buffer at 92 samples (2.2ms). Any lower and the static sound still exist especially when you activate the unit’s Beat FX.

The DDJ RZX is a beast of a unit requiring a top spec computer to handle those 3 screens and I have no
Problem running it on my 15 inch mid 2014 Maxbook pro. I’ll stick with the ddj RZX and continue my quest to get my hands on a pair of Rane 12’s.

Ya good call, trash the 1000 and get some 12's. You will not regret it.
raedonquan 4:57 PM - 26 June, 2018
Quote:

....MIX Emergency and you will be fine and with take less processing power than SV.. if you hold video a mainstream in your gig you owe it to yourself and your business to get what is the best video mix program for a MAC
Just Mike 11:39 PM - 26 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

....MIX Emergency and you will be fine and with take less processing power than SV.. if you hold video a mainstream in your gig you owe it to yourself and your business to get what is the best video mix program for a MAC

+1
DJ Tecniq 12:26 AM - 27 June, 2018
Quote:
I agree i already had M.E. when i updated the OS since I’ve done a clean install I no longer have it cause my serial code was from a friend and the program doesn’t display the full code to be registered again and Nick from M.E. basically told me tough nuggets and I’ll have to purchase the software now. $200 is steep they really need discounts codes. Oh well I’ll get it soon.
raedonquan 11:00 AM - 20 July, 2018
Quote:
$200 is steep they really need discounts codes. Oh well I’ll get it soon.

that's the price to pay... but like i said if you are serious about video and it your main part of your gigs one gig should pay for the license..
dj_spark 4:09 PM - 18 May, 2019
Quote:
You'd better do it in HID / script if you can because in midi the performance doesn't compare.
www.instagram.com

Just to let you know that Pioneer have fixed the midi and now it is tighter than ever (firmare > 1.05). youtu.be
Mapping also available.
LoLyfe 11:20 PM - 25 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
www.instagram.com

Just to let you know that Pioneer have fixed the midi and now it is tighter than ever (firmare > 1.05). youtu.be
Mapping also available.

mapping for serato available?
GusGomez 12:49 PM - 4 June, 2019
I purchased the DDJ1000 over the weekend and while i hate controllers this thing is a beast the best controller i've ever sed by far and it's not even close. as far as Rekordbox is concrned, It's way smother than Seratodj Pro my only gripe with the software is that i haven't found a way to search the whole library.
Clubber1970 12:54 PM - 4 June, 2019
You have to browse to your complete collection. Than you can search over your total library with the search field.
GusGomez 12:59 PM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:
You have to browse to your complete collection. Than you can search over your total library with the search field.

do I have to have my library set up in playlists? Because right now i used Rekordbuddy to tranfer my cue points but it creates an XML file for Rekordboxdj
SG SOUNDS 1:23 PM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:
I purchased the DDJ1000 over the weekend and while i hate controllers this thing is a beast the best controller i've ever sed by far and it's not even close. as far as Rekordbox is concrned, It's way smother than Seratodj Pro my only gripe with the software is that i haven't found a way to search the whole library.

smoother than serato? hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
GusGomez 1:25 PM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

smoother than serato? hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Yeah Definitely smother than SeratoDJ
Clubber1970 1:31 PM - 4 June, 2019
Don't what you mean...
Just click on "Collection" in the collection view tree and than you can search with the "Search-Field".

By the way, I can work with Rekordbox very well, too.
I can not understand the bad critics about it. But everyone should work with there tools !
GusGomez 1:39 PM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:
Don't what you mean...
Just click on "Collection" in the collection view tree and than you can search with the "Search-Field".

By the way, I can work with Rekordbox very well, too.
I can not understand the bad critics about it. But everyone should work with there tools !

Gotcha I'll take a look when I get home....yeah it's pretty smooth they're scratch algorithm is pretty damn good.
DJ Tecniq 9:59 PM - 4 June, 2019
Don’t really blame you Serato’s GUI is sluggish at best. Thought 64 bit would actually be an upgrade but no there’s been no change whatsoever lol.
GusGomez 3:26 AM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Don’t really blame you Serato’s GUI is sluggish at best. Thought 64 bit would actually be an upgrade but no there’s been no change whatsoever lol.

I Agree but i never realized it as much until i used Rekordbox it really is a huge difference
DJ Tecniq 3:40 AM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I Agree but i never realized it as much until i used Rekordbox it really is a huge difference
Yup while everything is getting updated Serato stays in the Stone Age of technology. They hyped up 64 bit support and it turned out to be a dud. It’s going to run like shit with these new OS’s. They are behind.
Despo 2:17 PM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
They are behind.

Dude it was always this way especially in the scratch live days
popnwave 8:12 PM - 5 June, 2019
Damn Techniq on the full blown spam every thread, bitching about performance again.
DJ Tecniq 10:35 PM - 6 June, 2019
Quote:
Damn Techniq on the full blown spam every thread, bitching about performance again.
Oh shut the hell up they just added 64 bit support for Serato Video finally after years...
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:17 PM - 6 June, 2019
to be fair i can't disagree with tecniq, 6 years since the release of SDJ and they are only now addressing the waveform's and even in 2.2 they are not perfect but a bit of an improvement over 2.1, and where is the 64bit support for windows serato video, the serato developers again showing they cannot manage to do a windows and mac project at the same time,

just cut a deal with mix emergency and include their version as you guys don't seem to be able to develop a decent video plug-in yourself's
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 6 June, 2019
Quote:

just cut a deal with mix emergency and include their version as you guys don't seem to be able to develop a decent video plug-in yourself's

That wouldn’t fix anything for the Windows users though. It’s OS X only.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:26 PM - 6 June, 2019
I'm sure if the deal was good enough they could develop a window version, but I'm sure the dude that left serato and developed ME probably doesn't want anything to do with them anymore
AdamJay 10:44 PM - 7 July, 2019
I transitioned from serato to rekordbox DJ via the DDJ-1000 and I have to say that the switch was smooth. I think the two softwares have more in common with each other than any other DJ software. Using both from time to time makes Traktor feel alien.
Things are where you expect them to be.

I can’t speak for using the video side of things, but it has been just as stable on my 2012 i5 quad iMac as it has been on my 2016 15” MacBook Pro i7 quad. Not buggy, laggy, resource intensive, or otherwise sloppy like earlier versions.

Of course RBDK isn’t perfect, nothing is. The reverb could use an update. It’d be nice if hot cues, beat jump, etc weren’t combined in a drop down menu, but you get used to its quirks just like Serato’s quirks.

And the DDJ-1000 would be even better if the jog display had waveform zoom and hundredth (decimal) BPMs rather than just tenths (like CDJs).
The Traktor S5 displays with browse capability would make the hardware unbeatable.

If you’re unsure of your ability or willingness to adapt, do what I did, buy from a dealer with a 30 day return policy and if after a few weeks you aren’t connecting with it, send it back.
DJ 1 Man Band 10:54 AM - 8 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

do I have to have my library set up in playlists? Because right now i used Rekordbuddy to tranfer my cue points but it creates an XML file for Rekordboxdj

Under the Rekordboc XML tab, right click "Playlists", and click import playlist. This adds the XML version to your "Collection".

I still use and love Serato DJ Pro, but also use RB quite a bit too in anticipation of picking up a DDJ 1000. I honestly can't understand some of the "Rekordbox sucks" posts. It actually was fairly impressive to me. There are a few things I think it could do better, but I also think the same about Serato.
lofty 1:03 PM - 8 July, 2019
Quote:

On Mac ?

CMD f searches current folder
CTRL f global search
vboyd666 8:19 PM - 8 July, 2019
Quote:
CMD f searches current folder
CTRL f global search

I did not know this!!
DJ Tecniq 4:45 AM - 22 July, 2019
Just a rumor 🤫
imgur.com
SG SOUNDS 9:21 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Just a rumor 🤫
imgur.com

Interesting and exciting if true, but my concern and worry is pioneer will still put that shitty ass sound card in all of there controllers
dj_soo 9:28 AM - 22 July, 2019
Pioneer seems incapable of not putting in shitty soundcards in their gear.
DJ Tecniq 7:19 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Just a rumor 🤫
imgur.com

Interesting and exciting if true, but my concern and worry is pioneer will still put that shitty ass sound card in all of there controllers
Same. Other brand controllers seem to sound better. Are the SZ models the same quality? Pioneer has the leading DJ equipment worldwide but their sound quality is a huge disappointment.
DJ Stygma 7:25 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Same. Other brand controllers seem to sound better. Are the SZ models the same quality? Pioneer has the leading DJ equipment worldwide but their sound quality is a huge disappointment.

Yeah, I just got the Mixars Primo and it sounds way better than my SX2. Hopefully the DDJ-1000SRT has a better soundcard than the SX model line.
DJ Tecniq 7:34 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Yeah, I just got the Mixars Primo and it sounds way better than my SX2. Hopefully the DDJ-1000SRT has a better soundcard than the SX model line.
Same I have the Primo and it sounds better than my DDJSR2. The Primo has high quality preamps. No idea what preamps Pioneer uses however when my SR2 is connected to my Yamaha MGO6X mixer...total difference and the sound quality is so rich.
SG SOUNDS 7:49 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just a rumor 🤫
imgur.com

The SZ models do sound better than the rest in the Pioneer line up, but still can't match the Roland and Denon Controllers
Rebelguy 2:33 AM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Same I have the Primo and it sounds better than my DDJSR2. The Primo has high quality preamps. No idea what preamps Pioneer uses however when my SR2 is connected to my Yamaha MGO6X mixer...total difference and the sound quality is so rich.

That’s surprising. I personally find the Yamaha preamps in the MG line to sound that great.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:34 AM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Tecniq, what settings do you use on your MG06X?
I have one but have never had good sound out of it, to the point of it being unusable.
DJ Tecniq 7:08 AM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
Hey Tecniq, what settings do you use on your MG06X?
I have one but have never had good sound out of it, to the point of it being unusable.
Good question. I run my main sound into ch 1 & 2 on the Yamaha mixer w/xlr cables. My left XLR output is for my sound that is connected to the left xlr out from my SR2 & ch 2 on the Yamaha unit is strictly for my wireless mic system. I used to run both my xlr outs from SR2 into 1 & 2 on the Yamaha board however this left me limited with not using the main as my microphone and the ch 3,4 or 5,6 was simply not loud enough cause it has no gain level. You have to play around with the board to get the right settings cause if the pad button is not pushed in when you’re in stereo/mono i (forget which) you will hear terrible audio distortion/clipping at -28db so try to avoid this. It took me some getting used to so i tested it before gigs. It’s one powerful little mixer I’m no sound expert but a few tutorials on YouTube really helped me. I run two QSC K10’s, QSC KW181 sub, wireless mic & SR2 controller into the Yamaha board and the sound quality has improved so much i can crank it and it’s never a muddy sound i also felt my transitions and mixing just sounded 10x’s clearer. If you read about the Yamaha MG series they used D-Pre mic preamps which are very high quality compared to some other boards.
DJ Tecniq 7:43 AM - 23 July, 2019
What’s disappointing is my SR2/Yamaha combo sounds comparable to my Mixars Primo w/the Primo controller by itself without the Yamaha board. Which tells me Pioneer using a low quality sound preamp.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 8:05 AM - 23 July, 2019
Thanks for the info Tecniq. I'll try the pad buttons to see if that helps. I was getting a lot of distortion.
I was tempted to get the Primo, but after reading about some of the troubles, I bought a Roland-505 instead. Sound quality is decent, but the quality of the knobs and overall feel is cheap.
dj_soo 7:54 PM - 23 July, 2019
I thought the ddj 1000 sounded better than the sx/Sr, but t still has that pioneer sound where they bump up the highs and mids too much and the lows sound pretty thin.
DJ Stygma 8:07 PM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
I thought the ddj 1000 sounded better than the sx/Sr, but t still has that pioneer sound where they bump up the highs and mids too much and the lows sound pretty thin.

That is exactly the problem with my SX2
raedonquan 2:49 PM - 8 August, 2019
Looks like there is a 1000srt now