Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro 2.0 Alleged Features :)

DjSyndic8 6:13 AM - 6 December, 2017
OK so these are Features that are allegedly on the new Serato DJ Pro 2.0

64Bit Support
( man Ive been asking for this for years I started the petition and finally it might be happening)

Higher resolution for High end screens
this will be good if you want to bump up the resolution on your flash laptop

SP8 Pads on screen visuals
handy to see whats on your drum pads I guess you can change the names

Echo out effect
A Better echo out effect similar to Scratch Live

Dual Offline Player with Hardware support
This is what alot of DJs have been asking for

Again these settings are rumored to be in the new Serato DJ
I'm over the moon if this is the case Serato has finally listened to what DJ's have asked for I know there are a lot more features that are yet to be released but at least they have a new platform that will allow serato to do this especially the 64bit part niiiiice
mixgoonie 6:57 AM - 6 December, 2017
Any ETA ?
DjSyndic8 7:08 AM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:
Any ETA ?

rumoured to be released @ Namm 2018
mixgoonie 7:14 AM - 6 December, 2017
Thx for sharing, from who does come these rumors ?
DjSyndic8 9:28 AM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:
Thx for sharing, from who does come these rumors ?

"Fox News" The most reliable source
mixgoonie 9:46 AM - 6 December, 2017
LOL
AddamXavier 2:21 PM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:
64Bit Support
( man Ive been asking for this for years I started the petition and finally it might be happening)

I have said it before that i feel this is a must have for a 2.0 release. So i consider it a lock IMO. Honestly, at this point, all I'm looking for is hella bug fixes and stability tweaks. I know most people will want more from 2.0, but as long as it's stable (and fixing stuff like echo out like you're speculating) I'll be good with me.
raedonquan 5:03 PM - 6 December, 2017
hope it still has an effect loop
raedonquan 5:03 PM - 6 December, 2017
damn no edit button
skinnyguy 6:39 PM - 6 December, 2017
colored crates....PLEASE!!! come on!!!
DaltonSR20 7:21 PM - 6 December, 2017
Control my Christmas Lights!!!
DjSyndic8 7:38 PM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:
Control my Christmas Lights!!!

Like I said before the elves in the Santa Christmas lights north pole division should help u out lol
Dj cuervo 7:56 PM - 6 December, 2017

Like Traktor, Rekordbox and VDJ .

Can you chose the soundcard
popnwave 12:24 AM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:

racist!
popnwave 12:25 AM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:

Like Traktor, Rekordbox and VDJ .

Can you chose the soundcard

Doubt that will happen, SDJ is still too tied to the hardware and that would destroy whatever residuals they get from sales.
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 12:46 AM - 7 December, 2017
what about being able to view the files as they are in folder. and be able to manipulate them? for me this would save alot of time as we have multiple laptops and devices and share our files across Dropbox.
R-A-C 2:25 AM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:
especially the 64bit part niiiiice

what improvements are you expecting from a 64bit version?
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:57 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:

64Bit Support

Higher resolution

Echo out effect
A Better echo out effect similar to Scratch Live

Co-sign
eugguy 6:55 PM - 7 December, 2017
The ability to make the damn ALBUM ART bigger!
DjSyndic8 10:22 PM - 7 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
especially the 64bit part niiiiice

what improvements are you expecting from a 64bit version?

I can have more music on my hard drive instead of keeping it at a certain threshold where serato wont load or crash,
Cnspeace 1:14 AM - 8 December, 2017
Save library on exit. Explorer/Finder Sync ??? I hate the way you save & backup.
skinnyguy 6:44 PM - 8 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

racist!

no i'm not. i WANT different colored crates. unlike how it is now....completely dominated by one color. =P
Detroitbootybass 8:11 PM - 8 December, 2017
Quote:

I like that idea!
eugguy 10:49 PM - 8 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I like that idea!

Right? I mean, make it at least as big as it was in SSL. But the option to make it even bigger would be better. I still like looking at the art.
Cnspeace 10:56 PM - 8 December, 2017
I can care less about a picture when I am mixing. Whats up with folder sync ? Saving playlists have been a pain for years. I even almost bought Alchemie Zinc ..buying a new drive or losing a laptop is the worst.
DjSyndic8 2:35 AM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:
I can care less about a picture when I am mixing. Whats up with folder sync ? Saving playlists have been a pain for years. I even almost bought Alchemie Zinc ..buying a new drive or losing a laptop is the worst.

use Itch sync its a better app for managing your library Ive used Alchemie before and it constantly freezes cause of my library but itch sync works every time
Cnspeace 7:50 AM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

use Itch sync its a better app for managing your library Ive used Alchemie before and it constantly freezes cause of my library but itch sync works every time

I feel you but why not integrate
DjSyndic8 8:07 AM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:

what do u mean?
ChronicX 9:33 AM - 9 December, 2017
Any news on having samples continue after switching banks? There's a request ticket open for ages.. nothing yet. 😴😔
Cnspeace 4:41 PM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

what do u mean?

Why should I have to use Itch or another app to sync my folders. If they are making a huge upgrade, why not integrate folder sync in Serato Pro 2.0 opposed to me having to use an entirely different app to save my playlist. This has been my biggest complaint with Serato the whole time I've used it. New hard drives, broken hard drives, different laptops, it's too much.
DjSyndic8 9:21 PM - 9 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what do u mean?

Why should I have to use Itch or another app to sync my folders. If they are making a huge upgrade, why not integrate folder sync in Serato Pro 2.0 opposed to me having to use an entirely different app to save my playlist. This has been my biggest complaint with Serato the whole time I've used it. New hard drives, broken hard drives, different laptops, it's too much.

I totally agree bro this should be a standard feature...... but I cant use serato dj without itch sync and that's how its always been for me for over 10 years now, but fingers crossed it could be in the new version
Dj Owe 10:22 PM - 13 December, 2017
get rid of midi mapping profiles.

Open it up to be midi mapped multiple times across multiple devices so when a midi controller is plugged in you just plug n play and you can control multiple things multiple ways on luridly declvices or when at different venues you won’t have to load annoying midi profiles.

Fix echo out
Bring back roll out

Folder sync

Make profiles so we don’t see our 80s rock music in our all crate at our hip hop gigs and hip hop music at our corporate functions etc.

Spotify integration
Suggest song to play next

Play count on songs and give them a colour so you can see the versions you play a lot.
Eg. be faithful would be red because it’s played in every Serato session.

Improved latency and sound if possible.
djkee 2:17 AM - 15 December, 2017
My wish list....

Dual or multi screen mode. example: library broswer on laptop screen and decks/fx on external monitor.

Multiple USB controller capability - Allow use of multiple SDJ hardware soundcard devices. Primary soundcard device could be selected and additional devices would be seen as accessory devices with soundcard disabled. Example - I have a Numark v7 and Akai AMX and the problem is there is two soundcards. Sometimes it works but it is not necessarily stable and prone to crashes. Or using the same V7 as an accessory deck with a controller that has controls for 4 decks. If I can control decks 3 and 4 by DVS, why can't I control it from a v7? With more than 1 soundcard device hooked up it behaves strangely sometimes.

Setting panels presets for different venues (or users). Be able to save different configurations of all the settings panels, different sets of crates, etc.. Either for different users on the same PC (installed in a club maybe) or for different hardware setups (different venues I may play at). example: I always have to change instant doubles settings and drop to cue point or drop to absolute position when I let other people play on my laptop or i have to change certain settings for different hardware (in different clubs I play)..

Set maximum processor load in setting panel. Some PCs start to overheat under heavier workload (especially using DVS and lots of effects and pitch n time simultaneously) and then the PC will throttle the processor way down leading to freezes or crashes. It would be nice to be able to tell SDJ not to load the processor more than 80% (for example)

Open up MIDI or HID mapping (or remapping) of jog/scratch functionality of non-offical supported Serato hardware. Every other DJ software has this. Soundcards are already locked down for SDJ to specific hardware, so why does the jog functionality need to be disabled also? The scratch latency performance may not be as fast on un-official midi devices, but users should still be given the option.

Allow 3 PCs per software license instead of only 2.

Have an option to buy a club kit/DVS software license that is tied to a particular hardware/soundcard. Example: clubs or festivals or radio stations with installed mixer that want the software to be activated for all users. The price can be high... say $500, but for power users, it should be an option.

Play count

64 bit and a stable build for windows. Almost unusable on Windows 10 currently with all the crashing and freezing.
mixgoonie 6:06 AM - 15 December, 2017
I really don't have any issue with Windows 10, I even saw a party recently with a Windows 10 laptop from another dj.
djkee 8:25 PM - 15 December, 2017
i think the crashing and freezing depends on the Serato hardware. It happens on my VCI and my friend's the Rane 62, but not on my Korg KAOSS DJ.

Someone told me something about windows trying to update the device driver. I figured out how to disable windows update and it seemed to be more stable at my last gig using Akai AMX... but I haven't confirmed on my VCI yet if that fix works.

Regardless... it would be nice if this issue is something i never need to try to troubleshoot and a 64-bit windows build is rock solid and stable for all supported hardware (who knows, the VCI may not work with it as the VCI only has 32-bit drivers)
R-A-C 3:17 AM - 16 December, 2017
the vci 380 and 400 have been reported to work with 2.0.
see serato.com