DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scope smaller on left deck

fggs 7:21 PM - 18 November, 2017
Hi guys,

I've also opened a support ticket, but maybe someone can help me figure it out if it is indeed a hardware issue or not.

No matter what, the left deck on Serato SL3 shows a much smaller scope than the one on the right.

I've already replaced cartridges/stylus, timecode vinyl, swapped the turntables, checked all the connections, dip switches, tonearm height/weight. All seems to point to SL3 left deck input or output.

Has anyone ever seen this?

My setup:

Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2012 running Yosemite 10.10.5 (used)
Serato DJ 1.9.10
Serato SL3 (bought new in 2011)
Technics SL1210 MK2 (bought new in 2011)
Shure M44-7 (brand new)
Timecode Vinyl CV02.5 (brand new)

I will appreciate any help!
DJ Reflex 3:15 AM - 20 November, 2017
May sound obvious, but are the zoom settings set the same for both decks???
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:41 PM - 20 November, 2017
Make sure your DIP switches on the SL3 are EXACTLY RIGHT. I accidentally hit one where it changed the Phono Input to a Line input and the scope was basically non-existent and the tracking was horrible.

Also, does the issue STAY on one side?

Have you switched turntables to see if the issue follows the turntable?

Have you switched out the cables to see if the issue follows the cables?

Be very methodical when switching and testing to see what the common thread is.
fggs 11:49 PM - 20 November, 2017
Hi DJ Reflex and DJJOHNNYM_vSL3,

It seems I made a stupid mistake of trying to calibrate it with one of the decks in THRU mode.

To be honest I don't know what fixed, but I uninstalled all the gear and installed again being very careful and methodical, now both scopes appear normal from what I can see.

Thank you both for the help!
DJ Reflex 3:04 AM - 21 November, 2017
Cool bro - Glad you got it worked out!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:49 AM - 26 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi DJ Reflex and DJJOHNNYM_vSL3,

It seems I made a stupid mistake of trying to calibrate it with one of the decks in THRU mode.

To be honest I don't know what fixed, but I uninstalled all the gear and installed again being very careful and methodical, now both scopes appear normal from what I can see.

Thank you both for the help!

That's what we're here for...

We even assist those with drug problems....

serato.com

A full service Support Forum.
fggs 1:05 AM - 26 November, 2017
Man, that thread is golden!