Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS6ii or DDJ-SX2

TheAJR95 10:19 PM - 8 November, 2017
I currently own a ddj-sr and im looking for a nice 4 channel dj controller, im not sure if i should get the Pioneer ddj-sx2 or the newly released Numark NS6ii.... it would be awesome to get some opinions.
DJ Tecniq 12:30 AM - 9 November, 2017
Have been hearing lately there's a problem with the ns6ii jogwheels becoming unresponsive. I have the SR2 I don't need 4 channels but boy do I love it. Small and compact w/more room for my Technics.
DJ Tecniq 12:32 AM - 9 November, 2017
Ns6ii jogwheels serato.com
TheAJR95 12:03 AM - 10 November, 2017
really? bad jog wheels? interesting
TheAJR95 12:05 AM - 10 November, 2017
also the switches on the top of the SR2 decks to change channels looks annoying af.
DJ Tecniq 12:25 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
also the switches on the top of the SR2 decks to change channels looks annoying af.
Not really had a problem with it I use mainly the controller and DVS which are on the same channel settings unless I switch to Phono for real vinyl play. Hasn’t been much of a problem.
TheAJR95 12:30 AM - 10 November, 2017
so is it worth it to go from the original SR to the SR2? SX2 a waste?
DJ Tecniq 12:45 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
so is it worth it to go from the original SR to the SR2? SX2 a waste?
I don’t really use 4 ch controllers but yes it is a big upgrade compared to the old SR it has power supply and usb power, also has xlr master outs unlike the old SR however may want to wait for the Mixars Primo which is also 2 ch/DVS controller with extra aux and led jog indicator which the SR2 does not have.
TheAJR95 1:54 AM - 10 November, 2017
idk for the price, the ns6ii looks like the winner
DJ Tecniq 2:30 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
idk for the price, the ns6ii looks like the winner
I would agree and it does look smaller and compact other than a 4 ch Pioneer. I’m sure you can get it much cheaper too. I got my SR2 for $100 off.
TheAJR95 6:29 AM - 10 November, 2017
yeah i get 200 bucks off when i sell my current SR, will let you know what i choose :D
TheAJR95 6:29 AM - 10 November, 2017
thanks for the input
TheAJR95 7:40 PM - 18 November, 2017
I just wanted to update, i picked up the NS6ii and LOVE IT! Jog wheels feels so nice. Worth every penny, especially with the $200 discount! :D
DJ Special K 3:43 AM - 25 January, 2018
I have the Ns6II also. The more I use it, the more of a beast it is. I have no issues with the jog wheels. I scratch and blend more so than push buttons. I have two small gripes, one serato related, one numark related possibly. The first gripe is, within the jog wheels, there should be arrow indicators telling you to speed up or slow down to the other track. In addition, the keylock symbol does not show within in the jog wheel. Both are Serato defects according to Numark. The other gripe is the strip search, it only works if the track is on pause. Didn't work that way on the Ns6. That is numark or serato. Other than that, I would not send it back!