Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS6ii Jog Wheels

jimiBARRZ 4:22 PM - 18 October, 2017
What up everybody,

I recently purchased a Numark NS6ii. I come form a turntable background tracing back to 1993. I've used other controllers like a: VCI400, VCI380, DDJ SR, DDJ SX2, NS7iii, and others. Upon receiving this device, I really dug the look and feel. After using it for a week, I noticed that when scratching, the sensing of my hand would go away. I lowered my buffer settings and refresh rates, but the problem still occurred. Also, the lag on the wheels is kinda unbearable. Grabbing a snare or kick is really unnatural in feeling. Compared to the above mentioned controllers, I feel that I would need to go back to a DDJ controller, since my budget is under $1K, and 2 channels are preferred. Maybe a DDJ-SR2

I will try to use this controller on a newer machine this week, and report back.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Peace, and hope everyone is good!
DJ Tecniq 5:17 PM - 18 October, 2017
What are the specs of your machine you used it with? The NS6II is actually a really solid controller I've seen DJ's scratch perfectly fine on them.
jimiBARRZ 5:29 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
What are the specs of your machine you used it with? The NS6II is actually a really solid controller I've seen DJ's scratch perfectly fine on them.

iMac 27" Desktop
OS 10.12.6
3.2GHz Intel Core i5
8GB RAM
DJ Tecniq 5:55 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

iMac 27" Desktop
OS 10.12.6
3.2GHz Intel Core i5
8GB RAM
Did you make sure you have the correct drivers/firmware for the controller? Have you read the manual? There may be a setting to adjust the jogwheel sensitivity. I have the SR2 and it's pretty amazing for a 2 ch w/DVS support. It is much more smaller and compact as I thought about the ns6ii but it's too big and I don't really need a 4 channel.
jimiBARRZ 6:19 PM - 18 October, 2017
great idea! i read the manual, but calibration does not seem to be a topic.
Efrén 11:24 PM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
What up everybody,

I recently purchased a Numark NS6ii. I come form a turntable background tracing back to 1993. I've used other controllers like a: VCI400, VCI380, DDJ SR, DDJ SX2, NS7iii, and others. Upon receiving this device, I really dug the look and feel. After using it for a week, I noticed that when scratching, the sensing of my hand would go away. I lowered my buffer settings and refresh rates, but the problem still occurred. Also, the lag on the wheels is kinda unbearable. Grabbing a snare or kick is really unnatural in feeling. Compared to the above mentioned controllers, I feel that I would need to go back to a DDJ controller, since my budget is under $1K, and 2 channels are preferred. Maybe a DDJ-SR2

I will try to use this controller on a newer machine this week, and report back.

I´ve had a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 with the same problem. I belive its a common issue amongst the Numark controllers with capacitive jogwheels, because there are similar reports into their help forum.
Also, when i connected the controller to my speakers amp, the jogs became unresponsive, as a grounding issue. I ended selling it because of that.
NorrisL 2:38 AM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
What up everybody,

NorrisL 2:41 AM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
What up everybody,

What's up jimiBARRZ. YES! I'm having the same issue. I've been in contact with Numark already and they have sent me a replacement controller and both of them have the same issue that you're experiencing where the jog wheels aren't responsive to scratching. It's really intermittent for me and most of the time, when I try to scratch on the jog wheels, it changes the song's tempo, instead of scratching. I think I will return this and stay clear of the NS6ii, even though I was a long time fan of the NS6.
dj snow 5:04 AM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:

Having same problem with Jog wheels also.
NorrisL 3:01 PM - 6 November, 2017
I'm running Serato 1.99 on:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I will try a new USB cable to see if that resolves the issue.
jimiBARRZ 3:26 PM - 6 November, 2017
Hey everybody,

Thanks for getting back. Sorry to hear that the problem persists for you guys.

I ended up returning my NS6ii, and got the DDJ-SR2. I truly love this machine.

I don't need 4 channels, and 2 USB ports. The controller is DVS ready so i'm good for now.

The jog wheels feel good and responsive, and the display missing on the platters is not a deal breaker for me.

Hope you guys find a good machine of your own.

Peace y'all.
DJ Tecniq 5:30 PM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
Hey everybody,

Thanks for getting back. Sorry to hear that the problem persists for you guys.

I ended up returning my NS6ii, and got the DDJ-SR2. I truly love this machine.

I don't need 4 channels, and 2 USB ports. The controller is DVS ready so i'm good for now.

The jog wheels feel good and responsive, and the display missing on the platters is not a deal breaker for me.

Hope you guys find a good machine of your own.

Peace y'all.
Good choice I have the SR2 and love it. Just to clarify though it's not DVS ready it's DVS upgradable. Disappointed in Numark