Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Hardware Support For XDJ-1000MK2

LazerPistols 12:12 AM - 20 September, 2017
Hello Serato!

I have spoken with a lot of XDJ-1000MK2 users, and we would love Serato DJ HID support for the XDJ-1000MK2 multi-players. We are currently forced to use Rekordbox DJ or use them standalone. I have been using Serato DJ ever since it launched, it's my preferred platform to perform on, and I'm dying to be able to use my new hardware with Serato DJ again. Thank you for listening.
DJMIYAGI 11:45 PM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
We are currently forced to use Rekordbox DJ or use them standalone.

You can load the Serato control tone onto a USB stick and use the XDJs with Serato DJ as long as you have a supported mixer, controller or DVS interface. You won't have access to all the midi functions on the XDJs, but you can mix and scratch with them just fine.
nint3ndope 1:24 PM - 5 October, 2017
+1

Serato DJ needs to add HID support for XDJ-1000MK2. I mean the XDJ-1000s have it, I can't imagine it would take too much development time to integrate XDJ-1000MK2. This would obviously take people away from switching to Rekordbox, which is Rekordbox's ultimate goal. User retention is key at this moment when there is more competition on the market.

The USB stick and control tone is really just a hack but it does work for the time being, but it's no replacement for HID support
Ajt 7:44 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
We are currently forced to use Rekordbox DJ or use them standalone.

You can load the Serato control tone onto a USB stick and use the XDJs with Serato DJ as long as you have a supported mixer, controller or DVS interface. You won't have access to all the midi functions on the XDJs, but you can mix and scratch with them just fine.

Very helpful. Thanks!.

No but seriously. Could we please get support for XDJ-1000MK2!
LazerPistols 1:36 AM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:

Thank you DJ Miyagi for that info!

But still, HID support would be so nice.

I've been a faithful Serato user since Serato Scratch days (Before Serato DJ was ever announced), I've purchased the Club Kit for my DJM-900nxs, before I bought my DJM-900nxs2. I've purchased numerous Serato FX packs for Serato DJ, Video Add-On, Serato control vinyl for my SL-1200 MK5's, and the list goes on. I've been more faithful to Serato than my girlfriends....Soooo yea Serato, can we please have HID support for the MK2's!?

I haven't found or heard of any other piece of hardware more talked/asked about for Serato support than the XDJ-1000MK2's....What's going on here Serato?
Arahant 4:47 PM - 2 February, 2018
+1. Love Serato and would love this feature added to the XDJ-1000MK2.
DJActionJackson 6:34 AM - 3 April, 2018
+1

I've been waiting for HID mode since these came out.
djstream 1:01 AM - 3 December, 2019
+1

This really needs to happen already...It's now going on 2020. This is a great setup with the djm s9 and if we could get full support of these players including showing the waveform on the player like it does on Rekordbox this would be dope for the dj. Make this happen please
DJMIYAGI 4:53 AM - 3 December, 2019
Quote:
This really needs to happen already...It's now going on 2020.

Don't count on it ever happening. If it hasn't by now it never will. Serato responded saying there are no plans to support the MK2 in a different thread.