Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 Serato compatibility

Maui_Blacksheep 7:14 AM - 19 September, 2017
Does anyone know if Serato is finally Compatible with the new XDJ-1000MK2's? I've been doing research and couldn't find anything except for the XDJ-1000.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:39 PM - 19 September, 2017
Hi Maui_Blacksheep

The Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 is not supported in Serato DJ as an Official Accessory.

The full list of compatible CDJs and Official Accessories can be found here:
serato.com

Cheers
Matt
Maui_Blacksheep 12:05 AM - 20 September, 2017
Will serato ever support the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 in the future?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:54 AM - 20 September, 2017
We have no plans to support the XDJ-1000MK2 currently sorry to say.
Culprit 11:15 PM - 21 September, 2017
Anyone got custom hacked midi mappings for this?
Terence R 8:10 AM - 18 April, 2018
This is very bad news for the consumer.
HellNegative1 5:38 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:

That sucks, cause Traktor has announced in multiple threads that they plan to in an upcoming update.

These are literally starting to become standard equipment in booths around the US along with the 750 MK2 due to their lower price points (mom and pop venue owners and promoters simply cant afford to shell out $10K for a NXS2 setup).

Any reason why there is no planned support?
Mr. Goodkat 6:58 PM - 30 May, 2018
yeah seems weird
Jmoney$ 9:10 PM - 30 May, 2018
If there is enough demand they will support it you might have to do a mini campaign.

There is a financial cost development time + fee to pioneer

I would start a thread in feature requests and share it to your dj community and on twitter
hopefully you get enough support. I have a MK1 and love it it would be great to see MK2 support
HellNegative1 9:31 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
If there is enough demand they will support it you might have to do a mini campaign.

I would start a thread in feature requests and share it to your dj community and on twitter
hopefully you get enough support. I have a MK1 and love it it would be great to see MK2 support

Whats the fee amount to Pioneer?
Jmoney$ 9:58 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Whats the fee amount to Pioneer?

not sure how much it would be i doubt that number would ever be released publicly

the manufacturer would have to provide firmware updates to fix issues (happened with the XDJ-1000 MK1) so there is some cost for pioneer as well

Hopefully a ton of these devices sell and there is tons of support from the community
popnwave 6:25 PM - 31 May, 2018
People have been asking for this in feature requests since they came out. Considering they already said NO in this thread, it's unlikely to happen.
HellNegative1 6:37 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
People have been asking for this in feature requests since they came out. Considering they already said NO in this thread, it's unlikely to happen.

Doesn't mean we will quit trying to ask. Luckily, I am doing the monthly subscription for Serato DJ, so I can happily cancel whenever. On the flipside, if I were someone who bought all the expansions outright, I would be pissed to find out the software isn't even compatible with units that are starting to pop up everywhere.
pdidy 9:37 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't mean we will quit trying to ask. Luckily, I am doing the monthly subscription for Serato DJ, so I can happily cancel whenever. On the flipside, if I were someone who bought all the expansions outright, I would be pissed to find out the software isn't even compatible with units that are starting to pop up everywhere.

Buy dj gear for what it can do, NEVER for what you HOPE it may do in the future. Follow these rules and you will never create your own bad situation to be Pissed about and then blame other companies for.....
HellNegative1 8:50 PM - 3 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Buy dj gear for what it can do, NEVER for what you HOPE it may do in the future. Follow these rules and you will never create your own bad situation to be Pissed about and then blame other companies for.....

You're half right. In the software world, many people may have purchased the software 1-5 years ago when the standard install was different then what the current trend for standard installations is now. The software must change and grow with the market, or it will be dead in the water.
pdidy 5:06 AM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're half right. In the software world, many people may have purchased the software 1-5 years ago when the standard install was different then what the current trend for standard installations is now. The software must change and grow with the market, or it will be dead in the water.

No, Im pretty sure im still batting 100% here because the evolution of software ALWAYS defaults to the "HOPE" column. Why? Because we as consumers have NO legal standing if Serato were to never submit another software update from this day forward. We can only hope that new features, trends and idea are implemented but under no circumstances is Serato obliterated to due so. So as consumers we must practice due diligence in what we purchase because every future update is essentially a gift and we are owed nothing in return.

The fact that companies who fail to evolve will eventually die a slow death is quite another topic.
HellNegative1 10:15 PM - 5 June, 2018
By that same logic, no company should evolve......
pdidy 2:03 AM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:

You're reading in to it wrong, I'm only saying they're under no legal obligation too YOU to do so. But the goal of pretty much any software company is to make money so It is in their best interest to evolve in ways to remain relevant and financially successful. It is solely your responsibility as a consumer to choose these companies wisely and if necessary, get out and move on when when they no longer serve your best interest.
HellNegative1 2:57 AM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

You're reading in to it wrong, I'm only saying they're under no legal obligation too YOU to do so. But the goal of pretty much any software company is to make money so It is in their best interest to evolve in ways to remain relevant and financially successful. It is solely your responsibility as a consumer to choose these companies wisely and if necessary, get out and move on when when they no longer serve your best interest.

Ive stated in a previous post that I can easily move on. For others, though, that's not so easy financially.
Jmoney$ 3:33 PM - 6 June, 2018
Here is the thread Im sure if 500 people reply or hit serato up on twitter there is a good chance they will add support but there is almost no chance of 500 people actually doing it...maybe mojaxx could get it done?

serato.com
dj_soo 6:53 PM - 6 June, 2018
Looks like NI is using that 50 mil investment to good use.

Serato needs a cash injection so they can actually fulfill some user requests.
pdidy 8:40 PM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:
Ive stated in a previous post that I can easily move on. For others, though, that's not so easy financially.

By the way my "self-centered" self agrees that the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 should be supported but the unbiased question is......Is there enough demand from serato users of the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 to make it a wise investment for serato?
HellNegative1 8:46 PM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

By the way my "self-centered" self agrees that the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 should be supported but the unbiased question is......Is there enough demand from serato users of the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 to make it a wise investment for serato?

I would love to see the big three releases the actual licensing cost, so that these projects could be crowd funded.
Hooj74 6:49 PM - 18 September, 2018
Please Serato, include HID support for my XDJ-1000mk2 players.
I would be willing to buy it. Write the code then charge customers for the functionality........win - win
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:57 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would love to see the big three releases the actual licensing cost, so that these projects could be crowd funded.

That's an interesting idea.

But it doesn't just end with the initial support or licensing. What about support post licensing and maintenance? That's the major one
Culprit 3:55 AM - 19 September, 2018
just take the pioneer djm 250 mk2 vs the pioneer djm s3 and that kinda tells you your licensing cost.

Good thing about this trade was is Malaysia is making these bad ass pioneer mixers we love and they are having good relations with Trump
Culprit 3:55 AM - 19 September, 2018
was = war :/
42deluxe 8:09 AM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:

With all due respect.. That's bullshit.

The XDJ 1000 MK2 are the first choice for a digital DJ beside the 12010s at the Moment if you don't want to invest in the CDJ 2000 NXS2.

Serato is still the best software choice. Except the lack of supporting the XDJs. At the moment I use rekordbox and I miss many functions of Serato. I also have the rekordbox Interface 2 DVS an of course a Serato DJ License. I've used Serato since SSL, recently with my Xone DB:2 (a very! good team - the visual display of the EQs is a killer feature) and now I MUST switch to rekordbox if I want to use the XDJs because managing to systems is far too much work.

Let me guess.. You have an agreement with Pioneer because Pioneer wants to sell the CDJ 2000 NXS2 instead of the XDJs?

Sorry but as a IT-Manager (in my "real" life) I can not avoid to say: this decision is between dumb and square-headed (or wise if you have a deal with Pioneer) from a users perspective.

Just my 2 cent.
Culprit 3:36 PM - 21 September, 2018
Its straight up a business decision how can you blame Serato for the entire situation. It's a two way street. Maybe Pioneer doesn't want Serato to officially support it. Maybe Pioneer wants us to map it manually and have no involvement with Serato so people will use it with Rekordbox.

You need to also file a complaint with Pioneer it's not fair to just shift blame against Serato.
dj_soo 3:59 PM - 21 September, 2018
Right now, Serato's biggest partner is also their biggest competitor.

Unfortunately, Pioneer holds the advantage and can pull shit like this because they hold most of the cards - the only thing keeping them from cutting serato out entirely is the fact that their serato gear sells so well, but bit by bit, Pioneer is trying to get people to just ditch serato and go all in with Rekordbox.

I think Serato really needs to go open mapping sooner than later.

Rekorbox does it, Traktor does it and is also finally opening up their DVS...

That said, the thing I'm seeing from a lot of the newer generation of DJs are attempts to move away from laptops completely.
Culprit 4:13 PM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:

Unfortunately, Pioneer holds the advantage and can pull shit like this because they hold most of the cards - the only thing keeping them from cutting serato out entirely is the fact that their serato gear sells so well, but bit by bit, Pioneer is trying to get people to just ditch serato and go all in with Rekordbox.

That said, the thing I'm seeing from a lot of the newer generation of DJs are attempts to move away from laptops completely.

I think the laptop vs no laptop is regional because in the United States it's all about using your laptop. Not including the big festival guys
dj_soo 4:50 PM - 21 September, 2018
Well, the newer kids all want to be like the festival headliners so there's that.

Open format guys are all still laptop based tho.
Mr. Goodkat 6:09 PM - 21 September, 2018
yeah, laptops kinda have a bad name/outta fashion right now for whatever reason, i'd assume that most younger poeple either don't have the money(could even be they have a big desktop for production and just don't have a laptop, since phones/tablets can do so much) or dont have the music.
HellNegative1 9:23 PM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I think the laptop vs no laptop is regional because in the United States it's all about using your laptop. Not including the big festival guys

Maybe where you are, but here (with the exception of turntablists) DJ's happily leave their controllers in their bags when X/CDJ's or SC5000's are setup at a gig.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:17 PM - 21 September, 2018
My own observation

Younger DJs in my neighbourhood/circle (Age Range 18 - 22) Sample size 7 , all use Rekordbox USB. When we have events they come with only a thumb drive, Rekordbox ready. They all play strictly dance music - Techno, House

Ogs like me, sample size 6 (Age Range 32 to 40) - Serato DJ users. Open format Urban.

Fun fact

The younger cohort all started with Serato (1 virtual dj) but they look at me like I'm a dinosaur now.

Even when there is no Rekordbox CDJs available they still bring just the USB and use the Serato set up supplied.

Another fun fact when I had the MCX8000, they will use it in standalone as against using it with Serato DJ

Outlier
1 guy I don't know how old he is,probably late 20s uses Rerkordboxdj and Traktor Pro

1 older fella (probably mid 40s) plays on vinyl and Rekordbox USB. He plays Disco records.

That's the stats of djs I will say are in my circle.
42deluxe 11:23 AM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
You need to also file a complaint with Pioneer it's not fair to just shift blame against Serato.

First because this a Serato Forum. Second because Serato lacks of the professionality I know from past times.

Tell me.. If I (as a Pro DJ) can't get support for my XDJs but Serato continues to support more and more "party controller" like the Numark Party Mix Pro. What impression should I get?

a) Serato is a business partner for my DJ carreer?
b) Serato? LOL. Former leader in DVS solutions, now software developer for birthday parties?

If take this business-path as a DJ, I should cancel my club bookings and focus on birthday parties in my neighborhood.

Another "fun" fact: Serato doesn't even tell theirs customers a reason for that. "We don't plan.." If I don't plan (private life), I don't WANT to.

What about this? Currently we are unable to support the XJDs and we won't in a reasonable time. I'm sorry for that.

If you apply for a job in a bank, don't come in boxershorts. If your loyal customers ask you serious questions, talk to them with all due seriousity. It's as simple as that.

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is blame someone for something. This is no shitstorm, it's a meanigful consideration about business behaviour.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:21 PM - 2 October, 2018
From a business perspective, if Casio or Alcatel makes a device and seek Serato support of course Serato will take the check.

Pioneer is a major player whose long term plan is to do their own thing as evidenced by Rekordbox.

They also have a certification thing for 3rd party software. I'm guessing they want the software companies to come to them. Who knows may be even cut them a check.

So you have 2 different companies on opposite side of the room, each expecting the other to approach.

They can afford to wait for as long as it takes the first person to blink because they have income from other sources.

That's the way I understand the Pioneer - Serato relationship.

Perhaps a work around will be for customers to pay for the certification, crowd funding.

They set a target cost e.g. to support XDJ 1000MK2 will cost $5000 if this target is met then they do it. If target is not met, money will be returned to customers who contributed.
42deluxe 1:44 PM - 8 October, 2018
I can imagine that Pioneer don't want to certify Serato for the XDJs. Because they are the "smaller" CDJ-2000 NXS2. There are not many features missing but nearly for the half price.

So it may be possible that Pioneer says: No support for the XDJs if you want to get HID certification for the CDJs.

No big deal so far. That's business.

But(!): In this case Serato is up to make this clear for their customers.

Look: you are talking about a crowdfunding for the certification. What if there is a agreement like i described above with Pioneer? Right. Some (I think not a few) users are wasting their time. With the serato knowing this and not talking to their customers.

If you ask me: That's bullshit. Sorry for the explicit words but I have not a bit understanding for that.

And that's why I'm switching to rekordbox and I have no plans to return to Serato. To say it in their words.

It's simple. And can't (and I don't want to) wait for Serato to make something up. I switch now to a different software (99 USD) or to a different hardware (2000 USD). You can make a guess. :D
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:02 PM - 8 October, 2018
Quote:
I can imagine that Pioneer don't want to certify Serato for the XDJs. Because they are the "smaller" CDJ-2000 NXS2. There are not many features missing but nearly for the half price.

So it may be possible that Pioneer says: No support for the XDJs if you want to get HID certification for the CDJs.

Look: you are talking about a crowdfunding for the certification. What if there is a agreement like i described above with Pioneer? Right. Some (I think not a few) users are wasting their time. With the serato knowing this and not talking to their customers.

If you ask me: That's bullshit. Sorry for the explicit words but I have not a bit understanding for that.

And that's why I'm switching to rekordbox and I have no plans to return to Serato. To say it in their words.

It's simple. And can't (and I don't want to) wait for Serato to make something up. I switch now to a different software (99 USD) or to a different hardware (2000 USD). You can make a guess. :D

Have a look at this link.

www.pioneerdj.com

They certified the DJM 350/400 entry mixers for Traktor as well as the high end Tour/NXS mixers. Whereas Serato only got certified for the 900NXS

I know the 450/250 serato alternative is the S3 but why the split in the first place.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 6:19 PM - 8 October, 2018
It's funny how you all complain about "why doesn't serato support product X".

When you bought the hardware in the first place you knew damn well it didn't work with Serato. So why should Serato bend over backwards for you and your tiny set of users with controller "X".

A wise man once said "buy serato enabled".
Culprit 8:26 PM - 8 October, 2018
And now we got someone compalining about someone complaining.

Adulting these days
HellNegative1 11:23 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Have a look at this link.

www.pioneerdj.com

They certified the DJM 350/400 entry mixers for Traktor as well as the high end Tour/NXS mixers. Whereas Serato only got certified for the 900NXS

I know the 450/250 serato alternative is the S3 but why the split in the first place.

I have always wondered this. The boards containing the DAC and/or DSP in all of these Serato Only units have the same exact part numbers as their counterparts. The only difference is firmware.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:27 AM - 10 October, 2018
Quote:

I have always wondered this. The boards containing the DAC and/or DSP in all of these Serato Only units have the same exact part numbers as their counterparts. The only difference is firmware.

Similar looking device but different price point.

I recall Pulse (the Pioneer forum main guy) saying they plan to continue releasing Serato alternatives because of their relationship.

Serato should look into a fee licensing/certification program as well for end users. Obviously if there are no technical limitations.

Like a request page, you select brand, select hardware, request support, then pay a fee e.g. 35 usd. The form tells you how many people have paid or the target for them to consider supporting said hardware within say a particular time frame. Eg 12 months from the first pledge and if fee goal is not met within said time, then it reverts to zero.

Then users can post link here to boost their wish.

If target is met in terms of monetary pledges,then they support.

If target is not met, money is returned

If hardware refuses support they refund as well

There will be feedback/reason as to why support didn't go ahead.

E.g.

1. Technical limitations
2. Funding Goal not met
3. Manufacturer limitation
4. Limited support available due to hardware design e.g. No DVS with Serato.

Just a thought, I'm not sure of legal implications of this approach. But that can be in terms and conditions.

That's another revenue stream waiting to be tapped.
Brianred8 2:59 AM - 16 October, 2018
With all due respect to Serato and Pioneer, Serato gets more and more ridiculous everyday... First, I will admit that Pioneer is at fault as well as they want to use these devices for RekordBox and/or standalone and therefore want outrageous licensing fees, but if NI can do it, Serato can as well (unless it is obviously a product specific thing, which these are not). I can't believe that Serato went from ScrathLive and The Bridge, to what everything is now.... not supporting these devices is definitely going to drive people over to Traktor. Think about it... will you go out and spend $1000 MORE per player to get the CDJ2000NXS2, just to use DJ Pro??? I don't know of anyone who would. After dropping The Bridge and admitting they have no interest in bringing it back in a 64 bit environment, excuse after excuse for bugs, touchbar problem that they blame Apple for, but DJ is the ONLY software that has the issue (Some DJ software have even integrated it into their workflow)... and now not supporting this with no intention of supporting this.... Just sayin.... end rant....
Mr. Goodkat 3:25 AM - 16 October, 2018
things you can do make your situation better:

use a usb stick to play the control signal
switch dj platforms
don't buy gear thats not certified

things that you can do but wont make your situation any better:

complain
Brianred8 3:41 AM - 16 October, 2018
I actually agree 100%,I just learned that these are not supported as I was planning on buying a set of these in a few months, so this was my thought as it is one disappointment after the next ... and I am not trying to be difficult, but I think Serato needs to wake up before everyone does switch as I am not the only one who feels this way. And I hope they read this, and I repeat that it’s with all due respect, this is for them from a consumer standpoint. If there is ONE player that has been released since the dawn of digital DJing.... this is the ONE they should be supporting for HID!!! it does more than the flagship CD player (at least to people using software) and it’s $1,000 cheaper per player....
Mr. Goodkat 5:05 AM - 16 October, 2018
im not saying it doesn't makes sense for them to support the mk2 and it may happen at some point, but its just best to move one and either save up or buy used.

there are a lot of xdj1000s mk1s going for fairly cheap, honestly wouldnt doubt if you couldnt find some new inbox, so theres that option.

if i was just playing house or techno, it wouldnt bother me to use Traktor, but i i do like the visual aids of serato.

every just thought about learning traktor as you use serato and then just switching at some point?
pdidy 6:43 AM - 16 October, 2018
Quote:
not supporting these devices is definitely going to drive people over to Traktor. Think about it...

I think people like you have been trying to spread that lie since 2005 and nobody believes you....lol

Think about it........... if it were true you would not be here, you would be on the trackor forum totally oblivious to everything serato.
HellNegative1 6:10 PM - 16 October, 2018
Instead of buying to XDJ1000's, just buy one denon SC5000
Despo 7:41 PM - 16 October, 2018
You guys realize that virtual dj supports the xdj 1000 mk2 and also ddj 1000 in hid right? They simply hacked the devices on their end and serato COULD do the same if they wanted to. So dont give us bs excuses about fees, technical limitations and whatnot if even vdj can do it
Rebelguy 8:08 PM - 16 October, 2018
Quote:
You guys realize that virtual dj supports the xdj 1000 mk2 and also ddj 1000 in hid right? They simply hacked the devices on their end and serato COULD do the same if they wanted to. So dont give us bs excuses about fees, technical limitations and whatnot if even vdj can do it

The simple answer is why should they do it for free? They are a company here to make money. They do not sell hardware. They sell software so all their profits come from licenses or subscriptions. They will not make money implementing HID for the XDJ if Pioneer is not going to pay them.

Do not buy hardware products with the hope of what they will do in the future. Buy them for what the current feature set is or don't buy them at at all.

If people don't like their business tactics then move to another platform. Their are plenty to choose from nowadays.
Despo 8:49 PM - 16 October, 2018
Quote:
[
The simple answer is why should they do it for free? They are a company here to make money. They do not sell hardware. They sell software so all their profits come from licenses or subscriptions. They will not make money implementing HID for the XDJ if Pioneer is not going to pay them.

To stop people switching to rekordbox maybe? Losing users is lost money and making the software as versatile as possible and the best option to choose keeps people using serato. FFS im already using RKB half the time on my DDJ 1000 because there is a thing called rekordbuddy 2 which lets me use all my cues and because I'm basically forced to. it's the best controller on the market atm nobody can argue that. I would use serato if I could but this logic goes over people's heads it seems.

And we really don't know if they got paid to support the numark partymix, my guess is they didn't but i could be wrong. Supporting devices can't be that hard if vdj supports the whole damn pioneer range
pdidy 9:24 PM - 16 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
[

To stop people switching to rekordbox maybe? Losing users is lost money and making the software as versatile as possible and the best option to choose keeps people using serato. FFS im already using RKB half the time on my DDJ 1000 because there is a thing called rekordbuddy 2 which lets me use all my cues and because I'm basically forced to. it's the best controller on the market atm nobody can argue that. I would use serato if I could but this logic goes over people's heads it seems.

And we really don't know if they got paid to support the numark partymix, my guess is they didn't but i could be wrong. Supporting devices can't be that hard if vdj supports the whole damn pioneer range

static.fjcdn.com
pdidy 9:29 PM - 16 October, 2018
Quote:
Do not buy hardware products with the hope of what they will do in the future. Buy them for what the current feature set is or don't buy them at all.

If people don't like their business tactics then move to another platform. There are plenty to choose from nowadays.

Read this and commit it to memory, there will be a surprise test on it tomorrow.....
Despo 11:49 PM - 16 October, 2018
RKB is getting better every release, and honestly it works a lot better with their CDJs and controllers than serato does. I'll stick to using serato with Turntables and RKB with CDJs. At the moment, serato's workflow is a bit better but not by much. If serato doesn't keep up, people will simply switch i'm afraid. Software should never stop you from buying gear you like (if it's stable enough)

Besides, RKB is really useful if you ever need to export your music and play a set on USB sticks

Take a look at traktor 3 coming up, with open DVS coming soon. Removing restrictions on what gear you can use would be great for any DJ. I hope serato can move in this direction and still make a profit.
HellNegative1 2:24 AM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:
RKB is getting better every release, and honestly it works a lot better with their CDJs and controllers than serato does. I'll stick to using serato with Turntables and RKB with CDJs. At the moment, serato's workflow is a bit better but not by much. If serato doesn't keep up, people will simply switch i'm afraid. Software should never stop you from buying gear you like (if it's stable enough)

Besides, RKB is really useful if you ever need to export your music and play a set on USB sticks

Take a look at traktor 3 coming up, with open DVS coming soon. Removing restrictions on what gear you can use would be great for any DJ. I hope serato can move in this direction and still make a profit.

Strangely enough, I still prefer SeratoDJ for library management (and still use it as my master database then sync to traktor and RB via Rekordbudy and sync to Engine.... with well engine). I do wish Seratodj would implement cover art in the library view.
DJ JulioYEG 3:25 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
not supporting these devices is definitely going to drive people over to Traktor. Think about it...

I think people like you have been trying to spread that lie since 2005 and nobody believes you....lol

Think about it........... if it were true you would not be here, you would be on the trackor forum totally oblivious to everything serato.

traktors dead the new os is like rekordbox vdj and serato had a 3 sum
Jay Rags 6:36 PM - 15 November, 2018
It would be nice if someone from Serato would speak on this instead of letting customers go back and forth speculating about its future.
DJ JulioYEG 6:40 PM - 15 November, 2018
its not gonna happen. you cant buy a product in hopes of it being supported. look at all the allen & heath mixers some get supported some dont
popnwave 7:32 PM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
It would be nice if someone from Serato would speak on this instead of letting customers go back and forth speculating about its future.

The 4th comment in this thread FROM is from Serato and it said:

Quote:

This is like a guy who won't take no for an answer from a woman. Do people hope to push devs into submission by pestering them until they break? What kinda personality does that?
pdidy 5:26 PM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The 4th comment in this thread FROM is from Serato and it said:

Quote:

This is like a guy who won't take no for an answer from a woman. Do people hope to push devs into submission by pestering them until they break? What kinda personality does that?

exactly
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:40 PM - 19 November, 2018
The best advice you are going to receive about the XDJ-1000MK2 = Toss it in the dumpster where it belongs and purchase Rane 72 and 12's.
DJ JulioYEG 5:42 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
The best advice you are going to receive about the XDJ-1000MK2 = Toss it in the dumpster where it belongs and purchase Rane 72 and 12's.

or just use rekord box
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:51 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

or just use rekord box

na, no one wants to use that.
DJ Unique 5:59 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

or just use rekord box

LOL
HellNegative1 7:23 PM - 19 November, 2018
Rekordbuddy (if you are a windows user, running OSX in a VM with a shared drive works with Rekordbuddy as well... thats what I do).

Jus sayin....
G-rod 3:24 AM - 21 March, 2019
+1
Nalim 6:45 PM - 3 June, 2019
Please make a paid update, we are ready to pay for this support. PLEASE!!1
Rebelguy 1:45 AM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:

I can guarantee this is a Pioneer decision. Maybe post on their forums.
Bigheaded 11:04 PM - 4 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Serato could add support if they wanted to, even as he said make it a paid add-on. Serato *as always* has decided to not support non Serato hardware. But, VDJ and Mixx both support the 1000. Releasing it as a free update wouldn't make much sense since Serato wouldn't have any reason to because no $$$ coming in. Having to support non Serato hardware would probably be a hassle for Serato support. But, the people on the forums could do a bulk of the help. It works pretty damn well on Virtual DJ forums.

I know people bitch about how adding non support hardware can make things run bad, or the hardware not function properly. I use my DJ 202 in Serato 2.0.1 and VDJ. And while there are a few weird quirks and things VDJ does just a bit different. It works great and is 99% seamless.
HellNegative1 6:21 PM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato could add support if they wanted to, even as he said make it a paid add-on. Serato *as always* has decided to not support non Serato hardware. But, VDJ and Mixx both support the 1000. Releasing it as a free update wouldn't make much sense since Serato wouldn't have any reason to because no $$$ coming in. Having to support non Serato hardware would probably be a hassle for Serato support. But, the people on the forums could do a bulk of the help. It works pretty damn well on Virtual DJ forums.

I know people bitch about how adding non support hardware can make things run bad, or the hardware not function properly. I use my DJ 202 in Serato 2.0.1 and VDJ. And while there are a few weird quirks and things VDJ does just a bit different. It works great and is 99% seamless.

Is there a way to put the XDJ1000 into HID/Controller Mode? If not, then Pioneer needs to enable it for Serato/Traktor to utilize. Otherwise it's a violation of the hardware EULA.
popnwave 8:10 PM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Is there a way to put the XDJ1000 into HID/Controller Mode? If not, then Pioneer needs to enable it for Serato/Traktor to utilize. Otherwise it's a violation of the hardware EULA.

Shhh people don't understand how agreements like that work on here. They just demand.
Laz219 9:02 PM - 5 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Shhh people don't understand how agreements like that work on here. They just demand.

I've given up even trying anymore.
Let alone trying to explain why Serato can't just decide on their own to add Spotify into the streaming options.
Sony311 11:38 PM - 5 June, 2019
Denon Prime 4 for the win.