Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Using Serato Sample to create a Disco edit.

Sage Halo 4:40 PM - 12 September, 2017
Hi there.

Is it possible to create a simple disco edit in Serato Sample?

If so, could anybody be so kind as share very simple instructions as to how i would do that?

I.e. drop a whole song into Serato Sample and lock it down to one bpm, with each bar in time to that bpm.

Similar in theory to using Ableton's Warp function.

Thank you.
Serato
Luke Fitzgerald 10:59 PM - 12 September, 2017
Hey Sage.
Sample does this already. Drop the track in, set the host BPM to what you want and sync sample to the host. Sample then evens out the beatgrid of the track as it goes (quantizes the audio basically) and you can then just bounce out your track.
I've been doing this to save time manually editing beatgrids in Serato DJ. Do the above process and pull into DJ - with an accurate beatgrid.
Hope that helps!
Sage Halo 6:26 AM - 13 September, 2017
Thank you so much Luke!!!

Sample does it automatically? That is quite amazing!

When you say Sample "evens out the beatgrid of the track as it goes (quantizes the audio basically)" does that mean that it quantize the audio so that kick drums in the track will always fall on the 1 in time and the snares will fall on the 2 in time? I don't have set cue points every bar or whatever?

So, if i wanted to add a modern kick drum four to the bar over an old disco track it would fall in time automatically?

Thanks again.
Serato
Luke Fitzgerald 9:41 PM - 13 September, 2017
That's the idea. If there's a bit of a softer intro section to the track or something the analysis can be off but as long as there's some solid transients for the beatgrid to set to it should work.
Vanhaze2000 9:19 AM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
Hey Sage.
Sample does this already. Drop the track in, set the host BPM to what you want and sync sample to the host. Sample then evens out the beatgrid of the track as it goes (quantizes the audio basically) and you can then just bounce out your track.
I've been doing this to save time manually editing beatgrids in Serato DJ. Do the above process and pull into DJ - with an accurate beatgrid.
Hope that helps!

Hey Luke,

- I load in a complete disco track (.m4a file) in Sample.
- I click on SYNC button in Sample, so Sample is synced with my DAW host tempo (i use Reaper DAW on mac).
- I go into play in Reaper, expecting Sample would also go into play, playing the discotrack.
But Sample doesn't go into play.

Can you please help me abit how to exactly sync play the disco track in Sample, in Reaper ?

Thx and warm regards !
Vanhaze2000 8:12 PM - 23 September, 2017
FYI:

Today i found out how to do it.
I must say, i am really impressed how well Sample "quantizes" a complete disco track with somewhat constant drifting BPM to grid.
Really revolutionary if you ask me !