Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

New MacBookPro dont record live video session :(

Dj Bob_PR 12:44 PM - 8 August, 2017
Hi everyone
My new Macbook Pro play very well all videos but when i play record it only record few minutes (2-3min), then it stop saying that theres no frame to record but still playing the video on tv
Any suggestion???

2.9GHz quad-core i7
256GB
16GB / 2133MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4GB / GDDR5
Intel HD Graphics 630
DJ Tecniq 2:02 PM - 8 August, 2017
Are you video files stored on another drive other than your Mac's drive? Try setting the recordings to another file location. Unfortunately there is a recording bug where recording will stop or not have the result you want.
asrx2000 6:30 PM - 8 August, 2017
I have that same annoying problem.

Where is the RAID BUG EXTERMINATOR ???!!!
DJ Tecniq 8:39 AM - 9 August, 2017
Try setting the recordings "file location" to a diff location on your drive. I can confirm I've had this "video frames missing" bug as well but sometimes I get a proper recording.
Dj Bob_PR 3:33 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Try setting the recordings "file location" to a diff location on your drive. I can confirm I've had this "video frames missing" bug as well but sometimes I get a proper recording.

Indeed, got a 2TB external with all the videos on it and the record setting is set to de desktop.
And now thinking, to be honest i didnt try the syphon recorder, ill do it tonight

And the other thing is that i have a SAGER laptop that play and record everything, no lossing frames, but sometimes (1/5 using serato dj) crash at 50min of playing.
What a crap 😓
DJ Tecniq 7:25 PM - 9 August, 2017
Syphon recorder is actually a great option as you won't have this recording bug. I also recommend restarting your laptop sometimes after a good restart I can get a full recording with Serato Video.
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 9 August, 2017
Here's a good tutorial on syphon recorder
youtu.be