Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Couple of suggestions

BC4Life 1:56 AM - 29 July, 2017
Hello. I heard of Serato Sample by watching a Rhythm Roulette video on youtube & immediately thought that it would be amazing for chopping samples for hip hop.

I have an Akai MPD226, which has 4 control knobs, that hopefully will be able to be mapped to Serato Sample, but move the start points of the chops, by moving the knob & tapping the pad.

My suggestions at this point:

1) Be able to save a preset, just name it after whatever controller we're using, so that when Serato Sample chops up 16 parts, each part automatically maps from pad 1 to pad 16, in order & all mappable controls are saved & the preset can be auto loaded.

2) After our chops have been made, we tap a pad & trigger a chop. Tap MPD pad 8 and it triggers Pad 8, but also... if we could map our controller knobs to adjust the start point/marker of said pad.

3) A feature where after the chops are setup, if some of them have a little click or pop we want removed quickly, an option like "Perfect All Chops", where very small fade outs are setup on chops, to smooth out any remaining clicks & pops.

4) Be able to change from 2x8 pads, to 4x4, to better suit those of us with traditional 4x4 pad controllers.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:24 AM - 31 July, 2017
Thanks for the feedback BC4Life, we've taken note :)
WildPort 2:22 PM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
I have an Akai MPD226, which has 4 control knobs, that hopefully will be able to be mapped to Serato Sample, but move the start points of the chops, by moving the knob & tapping the pad.

This right here would bring way more customers to Serato, i also have the mpd226 and the mpc studio black, and if we could have the same workflow as the mpc software, people would go bananas :)
Come on Serato, let us go bananas ;)