Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

XDJ HID support

xxDJ_Bxx 10:14 PM - 19 July, 2017
I would like to formally request that HID support be added for the XDJ series (700 and 1000MK2). Personally a pair of XDJ 1000MK2s are planned to be the companions to my DJM-S9, at the moment though, the XDJs aren't HID compatible but pioneer has made rekordbox compatible with the S9 recently.

i don't like rekordbox, please let me continuing using serato :)
Britty 1:56 AM - 20 July, 2017
Seconded! We supply DJ's to a couple of venues that have bought XDJ 1000 Mk2's as a cheap CDJ option, and everytime we get complaints and isues because people assume they will be able to connect (especially because the Mk1's are compatible). Wouldn't be such an issue, but since there's no CD option it keeps annoying new DJ's.
popnwave 2:44 AM - 21 July, 2017
... did I miss something, has Serato added support for any of these style of Pioneer products in the past?
xxDJ_Bxx 3:06 AM - 21 July, 2017
They support the CDJ range and with the upcoming demise of the CD that would make the XDJ the new standard. (Unless Denon can win over clubs amd DJs with the sc5000)
popnwave 2:46 PM - 21 July, 2017
That's a question to ask Pioneer since they are the gatekeepers.
DJ TooHypE 12:14 AM - 14 September, 2017
+1
deejdave 2:03 AM - 15 September, 2017
Quote:
... did I miss something, has Serato added support for any of these style of Pioneer products in the past?

Yes you missed something serato.com

Quote:
They support the CDJ range and with the upcoming demise of the CD that would make the XDJ the new standard.

That MAY make the FUTURE XDJ products a new standard but trust the current XDJ players and not even remotely a match for the CDJ-2000NXS2 or Tour1.............
Quote:
(Unless Denon can win over clubs amd DJs with the sc5000)

They (Denon) can not..............
Lou Dog 3:26 AM - 27 September, 2017
+1
nint3ndope 1:19 PM - 5 October, 2017
+1

Serato DJ really should add support for the XDJ line especially the XDJ-1000MK2
Ajt 7:44 PM - 7 November, 2017
+1
turntologist 6:38 PM - 8 November, 2017
+1

pretty ridiculous tbh. i guess you already got my money technically, but if you ever want me to upgrade or replace this box with another serato product... you'll make them work with my hardware.
deejdave 9:41 PM - 8 November, 2017
If you had actually purchased a Serato product it would obviously work with Serato. Sounds to me like you purchased a Pioneer product that you HOPED would work with Serato at some point. Keep in mind if this is the case Serato did not get a single penny of your money technically.

BTW FWIW there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping and even asking for support of any given hardware (within reason as asking for N.I. etc. support is a bit "off") but expecting and demanding is not really appropriate as they do not owe anybody anything unless they promised or advertised they would support said hardware.
turntologist 9:56 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
If you had actually purchased a Serato product it would obviously work with Serato. Sounds to me like you purchased a Pioneer product that you HOPED would work with Serato at some point.

I did buy a Serato product, it's called Scratch Live. Yes I am hoping it works on the Pioneer gear I purchased, like it does with every other piece of Pioneer gear out there, and my Techs. Serato doesn't have an equivalent to those players, so what's your point?

Quote:
Keep in mind if this is the case Serato did not get a single penny of your money technically.

Except where I bought their Scratch Live box for hundreds of dollars. They aren't just handing them out.

Quote:
BTW FWIW there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping and even asking for support of any given hardware

That's what we're doing. Again, what's your point?
deejdave 10:53 PM - 8 November, 2017
Serato doesn't make hardware. Furthermore scratch Live is discontinued. Just as a FYI the XDJ lineup was designed for Rekordbox and TRUST when I say every other Pioneer device does not dork with Serato. The point here is you are asking (let me rephrase) expecting Serato (a software developer) to by default support controllers and/or players that were designed by Pioneer (a competitor) and work natively with Rekordbox. Lastly your Techs are not compatible with Serato. DVS is. If this is the support you are looking for good news you can use DVS with all XDJ devices that work as standalone players.
Quote:
That's what we're doing. Again, what's your point?

Point is that is not what "we" are doing. This is what others are doing. What you are doing is something different.
deejdave 11:00 PM - 8 November, 2017
BTW not trying to make this a debate just saying be fair with your expectations. Purchasing a product years ago and expecting full support with any/all products said developer makes for eternity is not by any means realistic. And I don't think they are being ridiculous by not jumping into support for hardware they are not making any money on. That is all I am saying. Nothing more. By all means I hope everyone here gets what they are looking for but a realistic and level approach is typically the best option. Not trying to offend.
nint3ndope 11:13 PM - 8 November, 2017
I can't speak for everybody but I was actually told by Serato rep to come to the forums and request or +1 the HID support feature.

Also Serato is losing or going to be missing a huge user base if they don't add this feature to non flagship Pioneer products or even flagship, which will cost them even more money.

I love Serato and have been using their products for decades. I know they typically come up with a patch or firmware update for certain series. They typically charge for the feature as well (ie djm-900nxs) or bundle it with a new Serato Kit. They can always find ways to monetize.
djkee 11:25 PM - 8 November, 2017
Short answer - instead of XDJ-1000MK2, buy the SC5000 Prime player from Denon.

It supports Serato and also will read RekordBox library off of USB (it converts the RB data into useable Denon Prime data).

Long answer - If enough people buy the an non Pioneer player (such as the Denon) instead of Pioneer, then Pioneer might feel pressured into opening up the XDJ series for Serato. Pioneer is pushing RekordBox ecosystem and is blocking Serato from XDJ support.

However Algoriddim DJAY pro software does support the full XDJ series - so it appears Pioneer is not blocking everyone (just Traktor and Serato).

But only if enough people buy the Prime player would Pioneer feel pressure to change.

So yeah... only option at this point seems to be buy the SC5000 prime player.

(Or wait. I've been waiting ever since the XDJ700 came out.)
deejdave 2:05 AM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
I can't speak for everybody but I was actually told by Serato rep to come to the forums and request or +1 the HID support feature.

Also Serato is losing or going to be missing a huge user base if they don't add this feature to non flagship Pioneer products or even flagship, which will cost them even more money.

I love Serato and have been using their products for decades. I know they typically come up with a patch or firmware update for certain series. They typically charge for the feature as well (ie djm-900nxs) or bundle it with a new Serato Kit. They can always find ways to monetize.

Problem here is Serato's licensing terms require the consent and partnership of the hardware manufacturer and in this specific instance these controllers (and as of recent payers) are native Rekordbox hardware and I am sure you can understand the hesitance of both parties. The fact is Serato DOES have a partnership with Pioneer but this applies to the DJM/DDJ series mostly. The OSA procedures are a bit different I believe in that there is no specific license being associated with any given device hence not much monetary gain in adding any specific device.

As far as asking for it though and (especially by adding your +1 to existing requests) it is by all means the right thing to do.