Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

XDJ HID support

xxDJ_Bxx 10:14 PM - 19 July, 2017
I would like to formally request that HID support be added for the XDJ series (700 and 1000MK2). Personally a pair of XDJ 1000MK2s are planned to be the companions to my DJM-S9, at the moment though, the XDJs aren't HID compatible but pioneer has made rekordbox compatible with the S9 recently.

i don't like rekordbox, please let me continuing using serato :)
Britty 1:56 AM - 20 July, 2017
Seconded! We supply DJ's to a couple of venues that have bought XDJ 1000 Mk2's as a cheap CDJ option, and everytime we get complaints and isues because people assume they will be able to connect (especially because the Mk1's are compatible). Wouldn't be such an issue, but since there's no CD option it keeps annoying new DJ's.
popnwave 2:44 AM - 21 July, 2017
... did I miss something, has Serato added support for any of these style of Pioneer products in the past?
xxDJ_Bxx 3:06 AM - 21 July, 2017
They support the CDJ range and with the upcoming demise of the CD that would make the XDJ the new standard. (Unless Denon can win over clubs amd DJs with the sc5000)
popnwave 2:46 PM - 21 July, 2017
That's a question to ask Pioneer since they are the gatekeepers.
DJ TooHypE 12:14 AM - 14 September, 2017
+1
deejdave 2:03 AM - 15 September, 2017
Quote:
... did I miss something, has Serato added support for any of these style of Pioneer products in the past?

Yes you missed something serato.com

Quote:
They support the CDJ range and with the upcoming demise of the CD that would make the XDJ the new standard.

That MAY make the FUTURE XDJ products a new standard but trust the current XDJ players and not even remotely a match for the CDJ-2000NXS2 or Tour1.............
Quote:
(Unless Denon can win over clubs amd DJs with the sc5000)

They (Denon) can not..............
Lou Dog 3:26 AM - 27 September, 2017
+1
nint3ndope 1:19 PM - 5 October, 2017
+1

Serato DJ really should add support for the XDJ line especially the XDJ-1000MK2
Ajt 7:44 PM - 7 November, 2017
+1
turntologist 6:38 PM - 8 November, 2017
+1

pretty ridiculous tbh. i guess you already got my money technically, but if you ever want me to upgrade or replace this box with another serato product... you'll make them work with my hardware.
deejdave 9:41 PM - 8 November, 2017
If you had actually purchased a Serato product it would obviously work with Serato. Sounds to me like you purchased a Pioneer product that you HOPED would work with Serato at some point. Keep in mind if this is the case Serato did not get a single penny of your money technically.

BTW FWIW there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping and even asking for support of any given hardware (within reason as asking for N.I. etc. support is a bit "off") but expecting and demanding is not really appropriate as they do not owe anybody anything unless they promised or advertised they would support said hardware.
turntologist 9:56 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
If you had actually purchased a Serato product it would obviously work with Serato. Sounds to me like you purchased a Pioneer product that you HOPED would work with Serato at some point.

I did buy a Serato product, it's called Scratch Live. Yes I am hoping it works on the Pioneer gear I purchased, like it does with every other piece of Pioneer gear out there, and my Techs. Serato doesn't have an equivalent to those players, so what's your point?

Quote:
Keep in mind if this is the case Serato did not get a single penny of your money technically.

Except where I bought their Scratch Live box for hundreds of dollars. They aren't just handing them out.

Quote:
BTW FWIW there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping and even asking for support of any given hardware

That's what we're doing. Again, what's your point?
deejdave 10:53 PM - 8 November, 2017
Serato doesn't make hardware. Furthermore scratch Live is discontinued. Just as a FYI the XDJ lineup was designed for Rekordbox and TRUST when I say every other Pioneer device does not dork with Serato. The point here is you are asking (let me rephrase) expecting Serato (a software developer) to by default support controllers and/or players that were designed by Pioneer (a competitor) and work natively with Rekordbox. Lastly your Techs are not compatible with Serato. DVS is. If this is the support you are looking for good news you can use DVS with all XDJ devices that work as standalone players.
Quote:
That's what we're doing. Again, what's your point?

Point is that is not what "we" are doing. This is what others are doing. What you are doing is something different.
deejdave 11:00 PM - 8 November, 2017
BTW not trying to make this a debate just saying be fair with your expectations. Purchasing a product years ago and expecting full support with any/all products said developer makes for eternity is not by any means realistic. And I don't think they are being ridiculous by not jumping into support for hardware they are not making any money on. That is all I am saying. Nothing more. By all means I hope everyone here gets what they are looking for but a realistic and level approach is typically the best option. Not trying to offend.
nint3ndope 11:13 PM - 8 November, 2017
I can't speak for everybody but I was actually told by Serato rep to come to the forums and request or +1 the HID support feature.

Also Serato is losing or going to be missing a huge user base if they don't add this feature to non flagship Pioneer products or even flagship, which will cost them even more money.

I love Serato and have been using their products for decades. I know they typically come up with a patch or firmware update for certain series. They typically charge for the feature as well (ie djm-900nxs) or bundle it with a new Serato Kit. They can always find ways to monetize.
djkee 11:25 PM - 8 November, 2017
Short answer - instead of XDJ-1000MK2, buy the SC5000 Prime player from Denon.

It supports Serato and also will read RekordBox library off of USB (it converts the RB data into useable Denon Prime data).

Long answer - If enough people buy the an non Pioneer player (such as the Denon) instead of Pioneer, then Pioneer might feel pressured into opening up the XDJ series for Serato. Pioneer is pushing RekordBox ecosystem and is blocking Serato from XDJ support.

However Algoriddim DJAY pro software does support the full XDJ series - so it appears Pioneer is not blocking everyone (just Traktor and Serato).

But only if enough people buy the Prime player would Pioneer feel pressure to change.

So yeah... only option at this point seems to be buy the SC5000 prime player.

(Or wait. I've been waiting ever since the XDJ700 came out.)
deejdave 2:05 AM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
I can't speak for everybody but I was actually told by Serato rep to come to the forums and request or +1 the HID support feature.

Also Serato is losing or going to be missing a huge user base if they don't add this feature to non flagship Pioneer products or even flagship, which will cost them even more money.

I love Serato and have been using their products for decades. I know they typically come up with a patch or firmware update for certain series. They typically charge for the feature as well (ie djm-900nxs) or bundle it with a new Serato Kit. They can always find ways to monetize.

Problem here is Serato's licensing terms require the consent and partnership of the hardware manufacturer and in this specific instance these controllers (and as of recent payers) are native Rekordbox hardware and I am sure you can understand the hesitance of both parties. The fact is Serato DOES have a partnership with Pioneer but this applies to the DJM/DDJ series mostly. The OSA procedures are a bit different I believe in that there is no specific license being associated with any given device hence not much monetary gain in adding any specific device.

As far as asking for it though and (especially by adding your +1 to existing requests) it is by all means the right thing to do.
4tea 12:15 AM - 11 December, 2017
+1 for the support.
MarkJ 12:15 AM - 12 December, 2017
+1
DJ J_Shock 2:13 AM - 22 January, 2018
Please add support
olliekav 11:35 PM - 27 January, 2018
+1
Arahant 4:42 PM - 2 February, 2018
+1. Love Serato and would love this feature added to the XDJ-1000MK2.
DJ J_Shock 4:44 PM - 2 February, 2018
+1 serato...we need HID SUPPORT
4tea 12:42 PM - 8 February, 2018
Pioneer issued a statement on their forums:
forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ J_Shock 3:09 PM - 8 February, 2018
What do they mean that this had just been announce?
deejdave 4:14 AM - 9 February, 2018
This is nothing new. It is up to Serato to add it but they are not paid to do so either by Pioneer or the end user. Keeping this fact in mind there is a slim to nil chance this will be happening especially this late in the game as these players are not exactly new.
4tea 6:20 AM - 9 February, 2018
Interestingly after what deejdave wrote, I wanted to see if the 1000mk2 had HID support with Serato's german competition.
The result is not as black-or-white as Pioneer and deejdave says.
forums.pioneerdj.com
djkee 6:47 AM - 9 February, 2018
It has been suggested multiple times on these forum posts that users are willing to pay for the other XDJ models. I'd pay $50 for it. Serato just don't care about existing user base. We already paid for club kit and DVS so we are useless to them.

Quote:
This is nothing new. It is up to Serato to add it but they are not paid to do so either by Pioneer or the end user. Keeping this fact in mind there is a slim to nil chance this will be happening especially this late in the game as these players are not exactly new.
Instant Mix 3:33 PM - 6 April, 2018
Generic +1

Again, it's a bit frustrating that my old numark controllers from at least 5 or 6 years ago work fine with serato, yet the XDJ models are incompatible. It's obvious that these devices can work with serato, but there's clearly bureaucracy behind this decision, rather than it being a technically challenging feature.

I am aware that controllers made with Serato DJ Pro in mind have had some sort of license fee discussed between the companies such that Pioneer aren't just making money from a competitor's product. I would like to also note support for DJKee's idea of purchasing a license that would allow these devices to be compatible with Serato DJ Pro; which would hopefully cover the license fee that would've initially be between Pioneer and Serato such that Serato aren't losing out on making the devices compatible.

The XDJs are objectively nice bits of kit, and Serato should be flattered that I'd rather use their software over Pioneer's - and they should be aware that people are willing to give Serato more of their hard-earned cash to enable their functionality.
Nalim 9:09 AM - 30 May, 2018
+1 PLEAAAASE
DJMIYAGI 7:18 PM - 30 May, 2018
HellNegative1 2:26 AM - 31 May, 2018
+1

Per the Pioneer forum, Pioneer is waiting on Serato. Per another thread in this forum Serato is waiting on Pioneer. Someone is lieing to us here.

Looks like Traktor has commented on both of the threads on their forum stating that they are working to have HID support in the next update, so we know it is possible. Im gonna share this thread everywhere in hopes to have it spammed with people who want the HID support.
DJ TooHypE 1:07 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
+1

Per the Pioneer forum, Pioneer is waiting on Serato. Per another thread in this forum Serato is waiting on Pioneer. Someone is lieing to us here.

Looks like Traktor has commented on both of the threads on their forum stating that they are working to have HID support in the next update, so we know it is possible. Im gonna share this thread everywhere in hopes to have it spammed with people who want the HID support.

+ This

#XDJHIDSupport #XDJSupport #HIDSupport #XDJHID #SeratoSupport #SeratoSupportYouThere #SeratoSupportwhereartthou
and_y_ingram 10:18 PM - 3 June, 2018
I have sent 5 emails to the Support team for an answer on XDJ1000MK2 HID Mode for Serato. They have never replied. I find this rude and unprofessional. I have terrible eye sight after a procedure went wrong. I’ve had 5 surgeries and will need several more. HID Mode is vital for my condition as the transition from close reading to reading a monitor that’s further away (even with a large screen) is almost impossible. I need different glasses for each distance and things are so bad that even glasses don’t help that much. I need an answer because I have bought equipment that is essentially useless. I know this is the case for many people. People spend a lot of money on their equipment and it seems their after sales support is seriously lacking. Overall I am extremely disappointed and expected better from a company of their reputation.
DJMIYAGI 6:55 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
People spend a lot of money on their equipment and it seems their after sales support is seriously lacking.

That's why you don't buy gear before finding out if it works with Serato. It's just like when a new OS X version comes out. People are quick to upgrade before even checking if support is offered.
and_y_ingram 6:59 PM - 4 June, 2018
That’s what you got from that? Wow! Cheers, bro. Reading for any length of time is very difficult. I saw the mark 1 had it and being new to this thought it was a non issue. But, thanks for your input. 👍
DJMIYAGI 7:18 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Reading for any length of time is very difficult.

I can tell. You obviously didn't read the part where support is not offered for the MK2
deejdave 2:10 AM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
That’s what you got from that? Wow! Cheers, bro. Reading for any length of time is very difficult. I saw the mark 1 had it and being new to this thought it was a non issue. But, thanks for your input. 👍

In all fairness this is what most are getting from this. There is zero blame on Serato and as far as them getting back to you I hope they do but you, I & everyone else here already know the answer as it has been provided multiple times. The problem is nobody is accepting said answer.

Seems to me the answer here would be bigger fonts and closer location of laptop or even supplemental display (monitor) to bring things closer. Keeping in mind that not ALL essential info will be displayed by the players anyways.

Keep in mind requesting for and hoping for support of any given device is completely understandable but expecting and demanding is a bit of a reach keeping in mind they (Serato) in no way are obligated to support these players.
Bryan Laverde DJ 8:50 PM - 13 June, 2018
+1
dj_dain 10:34 PM - 16 August, 2018
Yes agreed. Please create Support for hid mode with the xdj700 and xdj1000mk2
HellNegative1 12:32 AM - 17 August, 2018
It will never happen. :-p Pioneer is locking everything down to Rekordbox and Rekordbox DJ with only the SX line still being updated for Serato.
Electricoone 2:10 PM - 20 August, 2018
Quote:
It will never happen. :-p Pioneer is locking everything down to Rekordbox and Rekordbox DJ with only the SX line still being updated for Serato.

Wrote to Pioneer support, they said that xdj 1000 mk2 are ready for every hid. this was the answer....i don't know .....
Snert 10:18 PM - 22 August, 2018
Is this new with the new version of Serato? Are used to use the XDJs with Serato for about 2 years at a club residency. If you took that away, well back to Traktor I go. It’s like Pioneer is doing everything they can to turn off their customers. Rekordbox sucks, will always suck and this news sucks even more.
deejdave 1:13 AM - 23 August, 2018
The ONLY line that is exclusive to Pioneer's SW is the DDJ-R series. XDJ-1000 (MK1) works fine, CDJ (many) series work fine, DJM (most) series work fine and the DDJ-S series still does and always work fine. Furthermore they are still coming out with new Pioneer/Serato HW. They are just not putting in the leg work into the smaller scale HW etc. as seen here but this is actually due to lack of interest which I understand will not go over so well here to some but it remains true when considering the big picture.
HellNegative1 6:02 PM - 23 August, 2018
On a side not, the Serato HID integration with the Denon SC5000 is beyond beautiful and puts the Pioneer HID integration to shame.
Snert 2:53 PM - 24 August, 2018
That's cool and all but most people want to use Pioneer Ger and Pionner knows that. Just like they know Rekordbox is number 4 out of the top and really only 4 Dj software programs but yet want to shove down our throats. It's like someone got pissed off in Serato and Pioneer board meeting and is no longer supporting Serato on their new products out of spite. No other reason really makes any sense.
HellNegative1 4:16 PM - 24 August, 2018
Quote:
That's cool and all but most people want to use Pioneer Ger and Pionner knows that. Just like they know Rekordbox is number 4 out of the top and really only 4 Dj software programs but yet want to shove down our throats. It's like someone got pissed off in Serato and Pioneer board meeting and is no longer supporting Serato on their new products out of spite. No other reason really makes any sense.

With the people I have spoken to who represent Pioneer at expo's, I can definitely see this being a reality. They really do hire the most rude people to represent their products. Maybe it's a company wide issue? :-p
deejdave 3:08 PM - 25 August, 2018
Literally on of their newest controllers (along with other new ones) was built for Serato.............. djworx.com Does ANY of this sound like spite?

Just taking a stab here but perhaps Pioneer came out with a DJ app in an already saturated market and figured they need an exclusive or two in order to have even a slight chance. I only get this ideas because it's basic economics and what ever other DJ SW/HW developer has done since day one :)
DOZEmusic 10:28 PM - 5 March, 2019
+1 on this
Despo 1:14 PM - 11 March, 2019
For all you people wondering whose fault this is, it's serato's

de.virtualdj.com

here is a list of all HID supported devices. As you can see the XDJ 1000 mk2 aswell as DDJ 1000 is supported. VDJ can do this, serato for some reason can't, weird huh.

Serato could be giving us XDJ1000mk2 support anytime they wish
Electricoone 8:34 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
For all you people wondering whose fault this is, it's serato's

de.virtualdj.com

here is a list of all HID supported devices. As you can see the XDJ 1000 mk2 aswell as DDJ 1000 is supported. VDJ can do this, serato for some reason can't, weird huh.

Serato could be giving us XDJ1000mk2 support anytime they wish

intersting! Thanks!! So is Serato that doesnt want the hid in conclusion ?
deejdave 1:14 AM - 12 March, 2019
"Fault"? NO Decision? Yes.

Let's address this one head on. Virtual DJ has ZERO regard for morals or ethics and will do things just because they can and even resort to hacking if they have to. Does anyone remember when they had Spotify "support" you know one group who didn't know? SPOTIFY!!!! They were the ones who demanded atomix remove the support immediately. Anyone else remember the Numark Dashboard fiasco? Numark NV? Plainly put VDJ would support a toaster if it had a USB port.

Keep in mind Virtual DJ does not have any branded hardware as Serato does. Why is this? VDJ doesn't have any partners. Why is this? Because they are VDJ.

One advantage of having no partners is not being held to any obligations or bound by any limitations............... legally. Because of this they feel they can do whatever they want to whatever they want with zero regard for the hard work other entities put in to get any given product. Sometimes said companies will retaliate (Spotify) and sometimes the juice is just not worth the squeeze.

Some ^^^^^ will take this as "who gives a rats ass as long as I get what I want" while others <<<< respect how Serato does business and will not willingly step on partners toes. Chances are Serato COULD add this but they tend to look at the numbers (as any business who is looking to succeed would) and will add features according to demand. This just isn't that high up there. Want proof? Look at this very post. A while back I was a bit more positive in that you never know but truth be told now that Pioneer is pushing their Rekordbox SW to the max I think its safe to say outlook not so good..................
Despo 1:57 AM - 12 March, 2019
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to bash serato in any way. I want Serato to do well as I use it as my primary software. I just wish these companies would play nice with each other and have more compatibility. I'm just trying to say, on a technical level, serato could hack HID support into sdj anytime they wanted.

Pioneer breaking up a partnership over things like this is a very real possibility I did not think of. Part of me wishes serato would just give them the finger and do it.
HellNegative1 5:54 PM - 12 March, 2019
I think the point being made is that Serato as a software developer has the ability to make it happen, but something else is stopping it from happening.

I dream of the day that hardware licensing for DJ and Production hardware is no longer a thing. If you pay for the software, you should be able to use it with anything you want.
deejdave 11:32 PM - 12 March, 2019
Well that certainly does sound like a dream. Unfortunately it just isn'y reality.
Quote:
Pioneer breaking up a partnership over things like this is a very real possibility I did not think of. Part of me wishes serato would just give them the finger and do it.

I fully agree BUT this is not Serato's style and in all honesty I respect them for that. It would be all to easy to recklessly release and support any and all devices they wish as VDJ does but that is just not how they operate. While it is not ideal on all fronts the partnerships they do develop are strong and have birthed some of the most capable SW/HW integration to date.
Bornd Fono 1:48 AM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
I dream of the day that hardware licensing for DJ and Production hardware is no longer a thing. If you pay for the software, you should be able to use it with anything you want.

Word.
Jay Rags 6:54 PM - 15 March, 2019
Is anyone from Serato listening or reading the requests?!?!
DJ TooHypE 7:14 PM - 15 March, 2019
Quote:

+1
HellNegative1 7:51 PM - 15 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

Holds breath

Dies

Looks at thread from beyond the grave
deejdave 2:06 AM - 17 March, 2019
While hanging out in the afterlife you should try to rally up all 7 users of XDJ players to add theri +1 here!!
HellNegative1 5:50 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
While hanging out in the afterlife you should try to rally up all 7 users of XDJ players to add theri +1 here!!

You would think it was only 7. :-p Literally ran into an issue at a venue three weeks ago. DJ has XDJ1000 MK1's at home. Uses em with Serato. Promoter says they will have XDJ's at the gig. Shows up and doesn't know that MK2's don't work with Serato.

I had my SC5000's and x1800 on hand, but he swears by Pioneer. Guess thats what he gets for swearing by Pioneer. :-p
deejdave 8:34 PM - 20 March, 2019
Yeah but I can see the same happening with the SC5000 Vs. the SC5000M. Typical case of the 5 P's.
DOZEmusic 8:58 PM - 20 March, 2019
Quote:
Yeah but I can see the same happening with the SC5000 Vs. the SC5000M. Typical case of the 5 P's.

I recently talked to a few people working for Denon at Mixcon (DJ/Producer convention) and they said that the SC5000M is definitely going to get the same Serato DJ Official Accessory status as the SC5000!
deejdave 11:34 PM - 20 March, 2019
I believe it will. If that is not proof enough I don't know what is. The XDJ may not be Pio's top seller but they have sold ten fold what Denon has both sc5000 & 5000m combined and yet Denon is making the effort. At this moment Pio is trying to make a name for themselves in the SW venue and the XDJ players are apparently a power move on their end.................. unless of course Serato decided to change their business model overnight and foot the bill with zero compensation and if anything only sell more units for Pioneer............ ya never know right? LOL
HellNegative1 5:47 PM - 21 March, 2019
Quote:
I believe it will. If that is not proof enough I don't know what is. The XDJ may not be Pio's top seller but they have sold ten fold what Denon has both sc5000 & 5000m combined and yet Denon is making the effort. At this moment Pio is trying to make a name for themselves in the SW venue and the XDJ players are apparently a power move on their end.................. unless of course Serato decided to change their business model overnight and foot the bill with zero compensation and if anything only sell more units for Pioneer............ ya never know right? LOL

I think we have to remember that SDJ , for the most part, is paid software in the professional environment. Even with Denon, you need to purchase the club kit to use Serato with the hardware.

Serato, as a company, doesn't seem willing to expand their software into the broader hardware market.
Bornd Fono 10:36 PM - 21 March, 2019
Quote:
Serato, as a company, doesn't seem willing to expand their software into the broader hardware market.

Which is the reason I will jump to Traktor as soon as they add flexible beatgrids to their software. Besides from that, Traktor is superior in almost all (for me) important points: better effect quality, free use of any hardware, scalable resonance for the filters, remix decks... they really came back to the market imho after being almost dead a few years ago.
deejdave 12:03 AM - 22 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think we have to remember that SDJ , for the most part, is paid software in the professional environment. Even with Denon, you need to purchase the club kit to use Serato with the hardware.

Club kit applies to Denon mixer only. Same Club kit is necessary to use Pioneer mixers.
deejdave 12:06 AM - 22 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Which is the reason I will jump to Traktor as soon as they add flexible beatgrids to their software. Besides from that, Traktor is superior in almost all (for me) important points: better effect quality, free use of any hardware, scalable resonance for the filters, remix decks... they really came back to the market imho after being almost dead a few years ago.

They have a pulse again............ with a few new colors. That's about it. They have added the open soundcard support with a nice reminder of their "traktor Certified" program. Have you ever had an issue at N.I? We can say a lot but at nobody ignores their entire user base with such finesse as N.I.
Bornd Fono 3:41 PM - 22 March, 2019
Quote:
Have you ever had an issue at N.I?

Actually, yes I have. The support I got from NI concerning problems with the Maschine MK2 was exzellent. Seems I have opposite experiences than you, since you don't seem to be a fan of NI at all...

I think they do great stuff. Lack of parallel waveforms and flexible beatgrids was all that hold me from switching to Traktor... but they seem to catch up very fast lately. Let's see what both companys deliver in the near future. For my situation... since Serato is not even willing to publish their Midi XML stuff to make it possible for advanced users to map things with macros, modifiers & co. as they need it - a change to Traktor is closer for me than it was a few years ago.
HellNegative1 4:33 PM - 22 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Have you ever had an issue at N.I?

Actually, yes I have. The support I got from NI concerning problems with the Maschine MK2 was exzellent. Seems I have opposite experiences than you, since you don't seem to be a fan of NI at all........

Likewise here. My Maschine MK3 had an issue with the midi out port not sending note information correctly, and it wasn't noticed until after the return period. NI sent me a brand new MK3. Total replacement process only took 2 weeks.
deejdave 12:10 AM - 23 March, 2019
Hardware issues yes I can confirm I have heard the same but SW issues I have seen the opposite. Serato doesn't manufacture HW so I can only compare their handling of SW related issues.
Dee JGonz3 6:43 PM - 25 July, 2022
The year is now 2022. I am using Recordbox with my XDJ 1000 MK2 for one simple reason; I can't use it with Serato DJ Pro. In all the time since this thread was created, years ago now, there has been no feed back from Serato on the topic. When I started typing I thought I wanted Serato to come to my rescue; but you know what, I think I am realizing that they aren't coming and I better just turn in my Serato DVS license for RecordBox DVS too; at least RB documented the lack of compatibility. I used to think Serato support was better then Pioneer DJ but frankly - this is a industry/cultural disappointment all the way around. The lack of any response after all these years is a loud as an old man yelling: "No!" in my ear. I'll figure out a way without ya.
Despo 10:50 PM - 25 July, 2022
timecode not a solution for you? i use that with my cdj800s all day, I highly recommend recording a regular timecode vinyl and then exporting that to usb
Dee JGonz3 3:35 PM - 28 July, 2022
That is correct. Timecode Vinyl is not a solution for HID mode. It IS a solution for DVS. They are not the same thing.
deejdave 10:27 PM - 28 July, 2022
Timecode is one method but it is extremely limited in comparison to proper HID. Native support even more so. That being said the year is irrelevant when considering what devices will and will not be natively supported. Just because a device can work with any given SW does not mean it will be offered support when dealing with a closed ecosystem such as Serato. I believe the lack of feedback on the topic to date is/was answer enough. I understand the frustration but they obviously can't/won't satisfy every request for every customer that ever uses Serato. If we are being honest it seems you have your answer you are just not satisfied with it. Pioneer would obviously be more keen to support said device as it is in fact a Pioneer product. This being the case it (Rekordbox) would seem to be the path forward for you.