Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

MIDI Mapping Pioneer's DJM Club Kit Range

Despo 11:13 PM - 19 July, 2017
how do i map the time encoder to library scroll?? when i attempt to do this the selector jumps around like crazy
lindsaymar 1:28 PM - 25 July, 2017
Quote:
how do i map the time encoder to library scroll?? when i attempt to do this the selector jumps around like crazy

I haven't midi mapped anything in sometime but I think if you hit the letter "C" while midi mapping the function, it'll cycle through a few different ways of that knob functioning. One of those ways should work how you want it to.
Despo 2:55 AM - 26 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't midi mapped anything in sometime but I think if you hit the letter "C" while midi mapping the function, it'll cycle through a few different ways of that knob functioning. One of those ways should work how you want it to.

I've tried that, it doesn't :( The way it sends midi is to SDJ is kind of strange, i got it to work in traktor though
DJ.T.BOOGIE 12:39 AM - 1 August, 2017
Also the Tab key will cycle thru settings as well whem mapping ..think thats what your looking for..
henz1618 12:02 AM - 4 August, 2017
The time encoder sends multiple midi signals for level/depth (CC091) and time (CC013 and CC045). The midi clock signal varies depending on what effect you have selected (values is double for filter, flanger, and phaser) and can also be controlled by the beat effect buttons. It's not possible to stop sending midi clock on the mixer itself. One solution is to use a program like Bomes MIDI Translator to filter out Timing Messages and Active Messages. Then enable the virtual midi port for Bomes in Serato and then midi map the encoder.
8:00 PM, 12 Nov 2022
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com