Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Where to get music from

4:55 AM, 20 Jun 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Oxygenn 9:06 PM - 27 June, 2017
Thank you very much for these sites. There is also this site www.qobuz.com all in true 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz CD quality. They have all formats, AIFF, WAV, ALAC, FLAC ...
Djeddcarl 9:52 PM - 27 June, 2017
DJ's Lazy... I like this... Thanks Serato:)
Jordan L 11:05 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
Thank you very much for these sites. There is also this site www.qobuz.com all in true 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz CD quality. They have all formats, AIFF, WAV, ALAC, FLAC ...

Cool, I'll check it out.

Cheers.
Jordan L 11:05 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
DJ's Lazy... I like this... Thanks Serato:)

Haha no worries. While I've provided the resources, you still got to put time into digging.
Culprit 6:29 AM - 28 June, 2017
I love Club Killers, and am a big fan, they get my vote. I am, however, shocked you have not mentioned Smashvision / VJ-Pro. Marx and the team have been huge supporter of Serato's movement since before my time here on the forums. They pretty much set the standard for High Def 5k Birate Videos and 320k audio quality.
DJ Reaction 10:44 AM - 28 June, 2017
Don't forget Bar Bangerz! So many old and current great tools there.
djcrap 3:04 PM - 28 June, 2017
Quote:
I love Club Killers, and am a big fan, they get my vote. I am, however, shocked you have not mentioned Smashvision / VJ-Pro. Marx and the team have been huge supporter of Serato's movement since before my time here on the forums. They pretty much set the standard for High Def 5k Birate Videos and 320k audio quality.

Totally agree about the shock of no mention of smashvision and extendamix! Where at least 85% of all video djs on this forum get there videos
Jordan L 9:30 PM - 28 June, 2017
Thanks guys,

I'll be in contact with them.

Cheers.
djspawn 1:29 AM - 29 June, 2017
All great resources, and I would like to add Dave & the crew over at iDJPool.com one of the oldest online pools I'm existence. Extensive libraries and more genres than you can ask for. He connections with labels around the world keep you up to date with almost anything you could need.
marx 7:41 AM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:

Thanks for the love guys, I hoped a video version was in the works :) Jordan has reached out and we're excited to see what he thinks.

But audio wise I'd like to vote these in for addition to this article:

www.latenightrecordpool.com

www.idjpool.com

Thank you Jordan!
Stereo Sauna 1:47 PM - 29 June, 2017
Thank you for this! Some I've never heard of til now.
I've been using a Toronto based subscription source, www.zipdj.com. Unlimited downloading from an continuously updated library for a very reasonable fee.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:52 PM - 29 June, 2017
As mentioned by Marx from Smash above a couple of very important and influential pools were overlooked.

www.idjpool.com is a great source for most DJs to get music. They offer more Rap & R&B than most but also services Country. Jazz, Rock, Pop, Latin and a lot more House and EDM than most other pools. Their service mirrors 99% of what is charting on the respective genre charts on Billboard and Americas Music Charts making it a great and complete resource for mobile and wedding DJs as well as Club Djs.

If you don't need "EVERYTHING" - idjpool offers sub pools like www.urbandjpool.com and www.countrydjpool.com just for those genres of music for a reduced rate.

The 2nd overlooked pool - latenightrecordpool.com also deserves a mention. The PRIMARY function of ANY Record Pool is to promote new music and new releases but latenight has Old School and Throwback section beyond compare. Many of the throwbacks have DJ friendly mixshow edits, instrumentals, as well as Clean/Dirty versions plus some even have Acapella In/Outs,

Latenight also offers some of those trendy unofficial non label remixes that you would spend hours on internet blogs trying to find.

I guess this blog post pulled from that DJ tech Tool review where both of these pools were somehow overlooked by the author.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:01 PM - 29 June, 2017
Wait, also on the Digital Media Stores section - no love for www.traxsource.com the number one source for TRUE HOUSE MUSIC????

WTF???

If you mention obscure sites like BoomKat and Bleep you have to include Traxsource. They offer ALL genres of House like Tech House and Afro House and REAL Deep House - not the wack soul less trance that Beatport calls Deep house. They even have a very interesting Indie Disco section that offers some gems

C'mon son....
Coherence 4:52 PM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:
Wait, also on the Digital Media Stores section - no love for www.traxsource.com the number one source for TRUE HOUSE MUSIC????

WTF???

If you mention obscure sites like BoomKat and Bleep you have to include Traxsource. They offer ALL genres of House like Tech House and Afro House and REAL Deep House - not the wack soul less trance that Beatport calls Deep house. They even have a very interesting Indie Disco section that offers some gems

C'mon son....

+1 <3 Traxsource
Stereo Sauna 6:45 PM - 29 June, 2017
Can we keep the EDM/Facebook style trash/hater chat off this forum please? It's just information.
DEEJAY_OO7 9:34 PM - 29 June, 2017
Please check out www.idjpool.com too
DJMoreMuzic1 1:39 PM - 1 July, 2017
Nice one! Yes www.djmoremuzic.net (That's my website)
Socamonarch 2:46 AM - 7 July, 2017
TheProfessa 10:11 PM - 26 July, 2017
There is one that I have used for over a decade: Franchise Record Pool. About $20 per month and unlimited downloads: mainstream, hip-hop, dance/EDM, Latin, reggae, and tons of throwbacks. All at 320k and they also have video tracks.

www.franchiserecordpool.com
DjWestSide 10:32 PM - 26 July, 2017
Good sites for current music. What site do you recommend for Old School, Funk and Oldies?
Dj Kudah Katt 11:17 PM - 26 July, 2017
Quote:
There is one that I have used for over a decade: Franchise Record Pool. About $20 per month and unlimited downloads: mainstream, hip-hop, dance/EDM, Latin, reggae, and tons of throwbacks. All at 320k and they also have video tracks.

I use them too

Carlosperu 12:00 AM - 27 July, 2017
I am use frostwire.com download any music any gener for free....try it guys....
trinilv 12:30 AM - 27 July, 2017
Does anyone know where you can get good quality Soca and Reggae.
punto g 12:36 AM - 27 July, 2017
Thanks for this but everybody forgot www.provideos4djs.com best edits ever. 😉
realaudio 6:12 AM - 27 July, 2017
Thank You! Great Tips :-)
Dj Mixstyles 3:39 PM - 27 July, 2017
Virdiko.com is great to billboard and albums every month
carakita 1:19 PM - 31 July, 2017
Este artículo debería estar en castellano...
No por mi si no por la comunidad hispano parlante que no es poca...
DJ Rocky Roc 6:29 AM - 26 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I use them too

Quote:
Does anyone know where you can get good quality Soca and Reggae.
Blingz_Pi 7:48 PM - 9 September, 2017
anyone know a good pool for Reggae music Plz help. not sure which pool yo go to
thank world
Dj Kudah Katt 11:25 PM - 14 September, 2017
franchise record pool
The HBK 11:19 AM - 16 September, 2017
jockeyhype.com is also a good place where an DJ Artist wanna be,they have best copyright free music and android app to easily use the jockey hype and download the music you like.......all other sites are also good!..nice info
Music School of Delhi 11:27 AM - 4 November, 2017
Thank youso much for sharing this.
www.musicschoolofdelhi.com