Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Where to get music from

4:55 AM, 20 Jun 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Oxygenn 9:06 PM - 27 June, 2017
Thank you very much for these sites. There is also this site www.qobuz.com all in true 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz CD quality. They have all formats, AIFF, WAV, ALAC, FLAC ...
Djeddcarl 9:52 PM - 27 June, 2017
DJ's Lazy... I like this... Thanks Serato:)
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:05 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
Thank you very much for these sites. There is also this site www.qobuz.com all in true 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz CD quality. They have all formats, AIFF, WAV, ALAC, FLAC ...

Cool, I'll check it out.

Cheers.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:05 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
DJ's Lazy... I like this... Thanks Serato:)

Haha no worries. While I've provided the resources, you still got to put time into digging.
Culprit 6:29 AM - 28 June, 2017
I love Club Killers, and am a big fan, they get my vote. I am, however, shocked you have not mentioned Smashvision / VJ-Pro. Marx and the team have been huge supporter of Serato's movement since before my time here on the forums. They pretty much set the standard for High Def 5k Birate Videos and 320k audio quality.
DJ Reaction 10:44 AM - 28 June, 2017
Don't forget Bar Bangerz! So many old and current great tools there.
djcrap 3:04 PM - 28 June, 2017
Quote:
I love Club Killers, and am a big fan, they get my vote. I am, however, shocked you have not mentioned Smashvision / VJ-Pro. Marx and the team have been huge supporter of Serato's movement since before my time here on the forums. They pretty much set the standard for High Def 5k Birate Videos and 320k audio quality.

Totally agree about the shock of no mention of smashvision and extendamix! Where at least 85% of all video djs on this forum get there videos
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:30 PM - 28 June, 2017
Thanks guys,

I'll be in contact with them.

Cheers.
djspawn 1:29 AM - 29 June, 2017
All great resources, and I would like to add Dave & the crew over at iDJPool.com one of the oldest online pools I'm existence. Extensive libraries and more genres than you can ask for. He connections with labels around the world keep you up to date with almost anything you could need.
marx 7:41 AM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:

Thanks for the love guys, I hoped a video version was in the works :) Jordan has reached out and we're excited to see what he thinks.

But audio wise I'd like to vote these in for addition to this article:

www.latenightrecordpool.com

www.idjpool.com

Thank you Jordan!
Stereo Sauna 1:47 PM - 29 June, 2017
Thank you for this! Some I've never heard of til now.
I've been using a Toronto based subscription source, www.zipdj.com. Unlimited downloading from an continuously updated library for a very reasonable fee.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:52 PM - 29 June, 2017
As mentioned by Marx from Smash above a couple of very important and influential pools were overlooked.

www.idjpool.com is a great source for most DJs to get music. They offer more Rap & R&B than most but also services Country. Jazz, Rock, Pop, Latin and a lot more House and EDM than most other pools. Their service mirrors 99% of what is charting on the respective genre charts on Billboard and Americas Music Charts making it a great and complete resource for mobile and wedding DJs as well as Club Djs.

If you don't need "EVERYTHING" - idjpool offers sub pools like www.urbandjpool.com and www.countrydjpool.com just for those genres of music for a reduced rate.

The 2nd overlooked pool - latenightrecordpool.com also deserves a mention. The PRIMARY function of ANY Record Pool is to promote new music and new releases but latenight has Old School and Throwback section beyond compare. Many of the throwbacks have DJ friendly mixshow edits, instrumentals, as well as Clean/Dirty versions plus some even have Acapella In/Outs,

Latenight also offers some of those trendy unofficial non label remixes that you would spend hours on internet blogs trying to find.

I guess this blog post pulled from that DJ tech Tool review where both of these pools were somehow overlooked by the author.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:01 PM - 29 June, 2017
Wait, also on the Digital Media Stores section - no love for www.traxsource.com the number one source for TRUE HOUSE MUSIC????

WTF???

If you mention obscure sites like BoomKat and Bleep you have to include Traxsource. They offer ALL genres of House like Tech House and Afro House and REAL Deep House - not the wack soul less trance that Beatport calls Deep house. They even have a very interesting Indie Disco section that offers some gems

C'mon son....
Coherence 4:52 PM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:
Wait, also on the Digital Media Stores section - no love for www.traxsource.com the number one source for TRUE HOUSE MUSIC????

WTF???

If you mention obscure sites like BoomKat and Bleep you have to include Traxsource. They offer ALL genres of House like Tech House and Afro House and REAL Deep House - not the wack soul less trance that Beatport calls Deep house. They even have a very interesting Indie Disco section that offers some gems

C'mon son....

+1 <3 Traxsource
Stereo Sauna 6:45 PM - 29 June, 2017
Can we keep the EDM/Facebook style trash/hater chat off this forum please? It's just information.
DEEJAY_OO7 9:34 PM - 29 June, 2017
Please check out www.idjpool.com too
DJMoreMuzic1 1:39 PM - 1 July, 2017
Nice one! Yes www.djmoremuzic.net (That's my website)
Socamonarch 2:46 AM - 7 July, 2017
TheProfessa 10:11 PM - 26 July, 2017
There is one that I have used for over a decade: Franchise Record Pool. About $20 per month and unlimited downloads: mainstream, hip-hop, dance/EDM, Latin, reggae, and tons of throwbacks. All at 320k and they also have video tracks.

www.franchiserecordpool.com
DjWestSide 10:32 PM - 26 July, 2017
Good sites for current music. What site do you recommend for Old School, Funk and Oldies?
Dj Kudah Katt 11:17 PM - 26 July, 2017
Quote:
There is one that I have used for over a decade: Franchise Record Pool. About $20 per month and unlimited downloads: mainstream, hip-hop, dance/EDM, Latin, reggae, and tons of throwbacks. All at 320k and they also have video tracks.

I use them too

Carlosperu 12:00 AM - 27 July, 2017
I am use frostwire.com download any music any gener for free....try it guys....
trinilv 12:30 AM - 27 July, 2017
Does anyone know where you can get good quality Soca and Reggae.
punto g 12:36 AM - 27 July, 2017
Thanks for this but everybody forgot www.provideos4djs.com best edits ever. 😉
realaudio 6:12 AM - 27 July, 2017
Thank You! Great Tips :-)
Dj Mixstyles 3:39 PM - 27 July, 2017
Virdiko.com is great to billboard and albums every month
carakita 1:19 PM - 31 July, 2017
Este artículo debería estar en castellano...
No por mi si no por la comunidad hispano parlante que no es poca...
DJ Rocky Roc 6:29 AM - 26 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I use them too

Quote:
Does anyone know where you can get good quality Soca and Reggae.
Blingz_Pi 7:48 PM - 9 September, 2017
anyone know a good pool for Reggae music Plz help. not sure which pool yo go to
thank world
Dj Kudah Katt 11:25 PM - 14 September, 2017
franchise record pool
The HBK 11:19 AM - 16 September, 2017
jockeyhype.com is also a good place where an DJ Artist wanna be,they have best copyright free music and android app to easily use the jockey hype and download the music you like.......all other sites are also good!..nice info
Kyle Graski 10:35 PM - 7 December, 2017
Hello,

If I may, at AmazingMusicTracks.com we just launched a section with free music. It's a good resource for video projects with a tight budget.

Hope it helps!
DJ Peter Zac 6:40 AM - 17 January, 2018
Shocked not to see Xtendamix on here. They are by far the best Video Pool around and they work directly with Serato - www.serato.com - You can get your 40 FREE credits when using that link if you haven't already. I think whoever wrote this article was a bit bias, that's just my opinion.
djapplas 3:23 AM - 26 January, 2018
If u need free sound effects, u can download then from www.lucidsamples.com
dj-Pax 2:50 PM - 7 February, 2018
One thing I would like to say is how unprofessional VJ Street customer service is. I tried to renew my subscription a few months back and was told by PayPal that I needed to add a credit card in order to make a payment to them. I explained to VJ Street that the whole point of using PayPal was to NOT have to enter a credit card number. Further emails to them were not returned, and I just discovered that my account was deleted. I will be sure to let as many people know how terrible VJStreet has turned out to be… a total joke how they respond to customers!! Here are some of the email comments from them:

"We try our best to NOT engage into personal battles with dj’s because every single staffer here is a seasoned dj and we understand how our market thinks.
The less we talk the better for everyone."

"No ONE is gonna explain to you how paypal works. Feel Free to give them a call or perhaps take your business elsewhere as you suggested earlier. "
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:52 PM - 7 February, 2018
Quote:
I tried to renew my subscription a few months back and was told by PayPal that I needed to add a credit card in order to make a payment to them.

That sounds like a Paypal issue to me. I think Paypal wants a credit card as a back up funding method if you do not have enough money or a Paypal balance they they can AUTO DEBIT from every month.

Did VJStreet ask or WANT your credit card directly ALONG WITH A PAYPAL PAYMENT or was that Paypal asking for the credit card as a backup funding method for a recurring payment??

I just went to Pricing - looks like you can't maker a Single Paypal transaction but you have to subscribe and cancel to use Paypal.

If you wish to opt out of auto subscription, you can cancel before your next billing cycle due date. you will need to manually cancel membership to prevent automatic billing by taking the following simple steps (Applies to Paypal users ONLY)

click on any recent vjstreet transaction
Go to Transaction Details
Click on "View Billing Agreement details
Click cancel the recurring payment

I can't offer a reason why they went off on you - usually VJStreet customer service is pretty chill,
punto g 10:11 AM - 27 February, 2018
The problem is paypal, are not the websites, paypal now are not working with many websites, even with the latin websites exists this problem too
Waiv 6:36 PM - 27 February, 2018
Good YouTube Channels for House Music (the likes of Bellaire, Never Dull, Black Loops, Mall grab etc.)

Waivium
illicit Dublin
Slav
Slav.
Houseum
030esar0303
blanc
bracknell TV
Doubleu
EELF
Local Talk Records
OOUKFunkyOO
Stoop
LR 4991
HATE
CMYK
Apivore
dj unrill 8:28 PM - 4 May, 2018
Beat Junkies record pool
Karl W 9:11 PM - 31 May, 2018
Cool selections bro! I have in the past used xtendamix for videos a cannot source from anywhere else however they (did not sure now) only encode them at 256kps. I spin mostly video sets however I probably do 25% audio only and I’ve found using www.provideos4djs.com
Works for me as they usually take the best of what some other audio only sites have and add a video to it, it saves me time digital crate digging through hours of 💩 to find the gems !
Jason_R 11:36 PM - 5 July, 2018
All great pool suggestions. As an owner/manager of a DJ company, we tell use BPM Supreme. It's a great choice for DJs who mainly do private events, since they have all the mainstream genres, billboard hits, etc. They don't have a ton of remixes or mashups, but if you're DJing for clubs/bars, you may be better off with pools that focus on remixes, like barbangerz.
- Jason AustinBestDJs.com
DJ Que2 4:01 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
frostwire.com

Thanks for this one!
Mike Richardson 6:53 PM - 10 September, 2018
Hey everyone.
Which of the DJ pools is best suited for house & tech - not new style EDM, but house, deep house, tech house, progressive etc?
Usually picked up tunes randomly from Soundcloud, Youtube, Beatport Traxsource etc... But it'd be good to vary this up with quite a few gigs coming up.
Any advice, much appreciated.
WeMixVJ 7:20 AM - 13 September, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're well and having a great week!

I have just recently launched WeMix (www.wemix.eu), so if you're in the game for high quality music videos (we do Intro/Outro Edits/Extended Remixes/Club Remixes) then please check out our website. We also have a vast collection of classic videos - many that are not available anywhere else legally

We have an opening offer of 15 free credits to everyone who signs up so you try the service out for yourself.

We are licensed for Europe with pending licences for Canada, Australasia and Africa - the US will follow after that.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Kind regards,

Mark
DJ-Ram 3:49 PM - 11 November, 2018
I use Doing The Damage, it's good for House music.
Xtendamix 10:41 PM - 11 November, 2018
Hi Everyone!

In case you didn't know, Xtendamix is giving away 40 FREE credits to all Serato Video users. All you have to do is create your free account and redeem your code on the Xtendamix website. If you already have an account, just use the Xtendamix website link below to redeem. You can use the 40 credits to download music videos that can be used for both audio and or video events. Xtendamix offers over 200,000+ licensed music videos ranging from the 1950's to today's top hits, including many different genres and languages. You will find videos that you thought never even existed! You can download multiple versions of a song for 1 credit. For example, you can download the Clean Single (CS), Clean Extended (CE), Dirty Single (DS), Dirty Extended (DE) and a Remix Service (RS) all for 1 credit. That's 5 video files for 1 credit! Can't find a video your looking for? No problem, Request it! Xtendamix fulfills over 90% of all requests made and they are on the website in 12-48 hours.

You can find more information on the Serato website here:

www.serato.com

OR, on the Xtendamix website here:

www.xtendamix.com

Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!

The Xtendamix Team
jjjjjjakob 2:12 PM - 24 November, 2018
Is there a way to use songs over Spotify for Serato ??
DjBarceM 11:38 PM - 8 March, 2019
Hey guys i am nee in the DJ industry some of the pages ask me if i have any page i am new in here. Any advice for site? Also i have itunes can i play in Serato software?

Thanks for your help
TheProfessa 2:49 PM - 20 March, 2019
Firstly. I would say, disconnect iTunes from SDJ. I have found that it's an extra interaction that causes performance issues with loading and processing crates. And frankly, you should be able to do all of your music library organization within SDJ.

About music sources. I use:

1. BPM Supreme
2. Digital Music Pool
3. Amazon MP3 Downloads (mostly for older stuff)
4. Tidal (for SDJ streaming integration)

Quote:
Hey guys i am nee in the DJ industry some of the pages ask me if i have any page i am new in here. Any advice for site? Also i have itunes can i play in Serato software?

Thanks for your help
B. Barrington 5:04 PM - 27 March, 2019
I've been checking out Digital DJ Pool using a 5 day trial for $1...not feeling it. Everything works, but I just can't find that Deep House I really like. Heck, I can't even find House Music. The lines are definitely blurred with all the EDM inspired genres. I just want really good Deep House with soul, that's it. Now, who wants to start an extremely specific digital record pool with me, which we really need. Reply back if you'd like to chat.
TheProfessa 1:54 AM - 28 March, 2019
Have you tried traxsource? or another one I just heard about is doingthedamage.com

Quote:
I've been checking out Digital DJ Pool using a 5 day trial for $1...not feeling it. Everything works, but I just can't find that Deep House I really like. Heck, I can't even find House Music. The lines are definitely blurred with all the EDM inspired genres. I just want really good Deep House with soul, that's it. Now, who wants to start an extremely specific digital record pool with me, which we really need. Reply back if you'd like to chat.
B. Barrington 3:38 PM - 28 March, 2019
Sure, but I'm speaking about pure digital record pools. If Traxsource has a digital record pool, I don't know about it.
TheProfessa 5:23 PM - 28 March, 2019
Both are digital. Traxsource is more al-a-cart like amazon music or apple music. the second one is a pool with a monthly subscription. Both seem to have soulful house.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:42 PM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
Sure, but I'm speaking about pure digital record pools. If Traxsource has a digital record pool, I don't know about it.

Traxsource is store - not a pool. Only a few pools I have seen have “Traxsource”
Type house - iDJPool mainly with latenight record pool and beatjunkies gets some in occasion from what I have heard from buddies

Undertaking a House pool would be a massive chore, with getting legal service from all the labels and artists. Digital sales of House have to be less that years past since the world has moved to streaming and monthly subscribers instead of owning music.

Interesting idea though
B. Barrington 9:27 PM - 31 March, 2019
Yeah, so I understand all this. Traxsource is a store, I know this already. Creating a House only digital pool shouldn't be that difficult. But I'm done speaking about, so I'm closing this thread. \ / peace...
MP3CITY 12:34 PM - 29 October, 2019
Good day, we are a newly launched company that is catering to every DJ worldwide, our pool will be highly consistent with releases from Soca, Calypso, Caribbean, Reggae, Dancehall & much more. We are literally bringing everything ever DJ wants to one pool. We have access to every pool that exists & our pool will be your one stop shop to get all the latest in every single genre without a doubt! "THE FUTURE OF MUSIC IS HERE"

So get Ready as this company soon launches from NYC, to join Email: info@mp3city.com or Text our Promotion Team Member #352-504-2185 / www.mp3city.com
[We are #1 In Soca, Caribbean Music]
Louis James 10:15 AM - 9 November, 2019
Epson Printer Support is a team of professionals that look after your printer issues. Contact our experts at Epson Printer Support anytime for help.
printertroubleshooting.us
Afam 3:34 PM - 4 December, 2019
I really love this site see somethings <a href="eastnaija.com amazing on this site</a>
Afam 3:35 PM - 4 December, 2019
I really love this site but you also check out eastnaija.com for music download
Afam 3:36 PM - 4 December, 2019
I really love this site see somethings <a href="eastnaija.com site
Afam 3:36 PM - 4 December, 2019
Nigerian alte pioneers, Ajebutter22, BOJ and rapper <a href="eastnaija.com teams up on a new record titled “Ronaldo“, produced by Studio Magic.

“Ronaldo” is a song lifted from their massive collaborative project, “Make E No Cause Fight II” EP.

Moreover, “Make E No Cause Fight II” EP is complied with 5-tracks with guest appearance from Reminisce.

Click <a href="www.eastnaija.com DOWNLOAD</a>

Source: <a href="www.eastnaija.com">Eastnaija</a>
matisrev16 2:08 PM - 26 December, 2019
Quote:
Yeah, so I understand all this. Traxsource is a store, I know this already. Creating a House only digital pool shouldn't be that difficult [url=www.shuttle-paris-airports.com]paris airport car service[/url]. But I'm done speaking about, so I'm closing this thread. \ / peace...

Well, it would be a real revolution I think because it does not yet exist.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:41 PM - 26 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, so I understand all this. Traxsource is a store, I know this already. Creating a House only digital pool shouldn't be that difficult [url=www.shuttle-paris-airports.com]paris airport car service[/url]. But I'm done speaking about, so I'm closing this thread. \ / peace...

Well, it would be a real revolution I think because it does not yet exist.

Damn - spammers are getting sneaky,,,,

That said - beatport link is a streaming service that could be considered a pool? Launched since before this thread was active

djtechtools.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:50 PM - 26 December, 2019
Edit- meant to also link to Beatsource also - pay per track - wider range of genres than plain old Beatport - www.beatsource.com
MP3CITY 3:56 AM - 5 January, 2020
Hi, Good day everyone we are new company out from New York, offices in California as well. We like every DJ who are currently looking for Caribbean/Soca/Chutney music to come check us out & subscribe. We just open up a couple days ago & providing the best of Caribbean music as well all other genres, including exclusive edits, intros, outros & more. We have the newest technology implemented into our record pool like no other. Our searh bar is so intuitive type anything & instantly populates what your looking for. No need to say more head on over to www.mp3city.com & JOIN TODAY 🎤
Amanda700 1:46 PM - 7 August, 2020
I found so many useful sites for myself, thank you guys. For myself the last time I found a great instrumental track on studio83official.com
I also recommend trying it
klerfont 9:15 AM - 10 August, 2020
I'm listen music in noizeradio.gr
Saukrit 8:16 AM - 24 September, 2020
Thank you for this! Some I've never heard of til now.
I've been using a Toronto based subscription source, www.saukrit.com. Unlimited downloading from an continuously updated library for a very reasonable fee.