DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

So much SPAM that Serato Forum is now unpleasant

DJ Unique 5:33 AM - 20 May, 2017
SPAMMERS sucks and Serato does not stop them from posting.
What the heck!!!
Sharod 9:48 AM - 20 May, 2017
This is ridiculous. You have nothing else to do but post spam on a dj site. Get a life.
veleno 12:50 PM - 20 May, 2017
Just do as I report it! And tell them they are shameful, maybe they wake up! I'm months I glitter say!
Detroitbootybass 3:01 PM - 20 May, 2017
I've actually been coming to this website less often, at least in part, because of the excessive spam. It's not the only reason, but it is a factor.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:10 PM - 20 May, 2017
holy hell.

weekend web support needed so bad/.
AddamXavier 7:28 PM - 20 May, 2017
Quote:
I've actually been coming to this website less often, at least in part, because of the excessive spam. It's not the only reason, but it is a factor.

This. I've tried to report as much as i can, especially in the main forums, but the off topic has been horrible for months and it's kinda crazy to me. Obviously, the web team has much more to do beyond this, but the spam has made me want to interact with the forums way less than I normally would.

I'm not even asking for them to keep it squeaky clean. Just once a day (i'd almost settle for once a week at this point), make sure the top 50ish topics aren't spam in the main forums. i don't feel that's asking a lot.
Despo 3:13 PM - 21 May, 2017
it's getting out of hand
DJ Unique 7:58 PM - 22 May, 2017
Spam is still up... bastards need to go away!!!
There are only about 3 legitimate posts on the first 10 pages of this area.
dj_soo 5:11 AM - 23 May, 2017
it's obviously bots. Probably taking advantage of the weekend cause they know admins generally aren't working...
Detroitbootybass 4:55 PM - 23 May, 2017
Sixteen pages of Chinese spam in this section alone just today (rough 300+ in 'DJing Discussion'... and the day is still young.
djpuma_gemini 5:26 PM - 23 May, 2017
They need to make regular forum users admins to kill of crap like that.
I just saw that video one is full too.
DJ Tecniq 5:49 PM - 23 May, 2017
Someone stop Kim Jong Un and his army😬
DJ Unique 6:14 PM - 23 May, 2017
Bastard Spammers Must Die!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:32 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
it's obviously bots.

Sadly, it's actually real people not bots. We have reasonably good bot protection, this is likely people paid to sit and spam. We're keeping an eye on it, it's looking good at the moment!
DJ Unique 5:35 AM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
it's obviously bots.

Sadly, it's actually real people not bots. We have reasonably good bot protection, this is likely people paid to sit and spam. We're keeping an eye on it, it's looking good at the moment!

Awesome
Detroitbootybass 4:12 PM - 24 May, 2017
They're back.

Whatever is being done on Serato's end isn't working as well as it should.
DJ Tecniq 4:23 PM - 24 May, 2017
I think the Chinese are made Serato hasn't fixed echo-out in SDJ so they are out for revenge...it could happen😮
DJ Tecniq 4:23 PM - 24 May, 2017
Mad*
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:20 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:

To let you guys know, what we are doing is manually deleting them. So unfortunately when we are out of the office they will build up. Don't worry, we're here for the next 8 hours so it should stay spam free for a while :)
CMOS 10:33 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

To let you guys know, what we are doing is manually deleting them. So unfortunately when we are out of the office they will build up. Don't worry, we're here for the next 8 hours so it should stay spam free for a while :)

So are you just hoping they stop at some point? Whoever it is knows they can just spam to forum at will.

Prevention should take precedence not cleanup. This is a really infuriating post to read as a sysadmin.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:35 PM - 24 May, 2017
No, but it's what we are doing for now. Our Web Team is working on preventative measures.
CMOS 10:37 PM - 24 May, 2017
Thank you, i will stop yosemite samming now. Much better answer.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:41 PM - 24 May, 2017
Hahaha yes no need for you to do that!

I totally understand your frustration, it's pissing me off too ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
DJ Tecniq 11:26 PM - 24 May, 2017
So are you not banning these users that are spamming? Clearly not if they keep coming.
DJ Tecniq 11:26 PM - 24 May, 2017
Coming back*
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:02 AM - 25 May, 2017
Yes we are.
djpuma_gemini 4:10 PM - 25 May, 2017
Can you ban the ip's or are they using multiple ip's or new ones every time?
DJ Unique 6:40 PM - 25 May, 2017
Quote:

Maybe you should make some of us moderators with only the ability to delete or hide spam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:32 AM - 26 May, 2017
Quote:

Multiple unfortunately.

Quote:
Maybe you should make some of us moderators with only the ability to delete or hide spam.

With great power comes great responsibility. It can drive a sane man mad :P
Papa Midnight 1:33 AM - 26 May, 2017
Quote:

It's not the 90's (or even early 2000's) anymore. Banning an IP is honestly quite pointless, and will do more harm than actually helping. It is trivial for a spammer to simply hop from open proxy to open proxy, or use the world's largest free botnet of IoT devices.
DJ Unique 12:47 AM - 28 May, 2017
Bastard spammers are back
Papa Midnight 12:57 AM - 28 May, 2017
Quote:

It's been ongoing, but I noticed it got really bad in November and December: serato.com
Detroitbootybass 3:42 PM - 29 May, 2017
200+ new spam submissions in this section today.
goldarn 5:27 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:
Hahaha yes no need for you to do that!

I totally understand your frustration, it's pissing me off too ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Yo, you still got your teddy bear sweater?

Serato pissed off the wrong spammer. Sad because it detracts from the enjoyment of the DJ's and does nothing to effect Serato or their bottom line. This attack strategy leaves me baffled.

BUT.... if you google translate that ish, I bet its funny as hek.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:15 PM - 29 May, 2017
YIKES

2 and a half pages....

Wow!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:23 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:

Hey Chad! I have two now lol :)

Yeah I really don't know why they are targeting us. In the scheme of things this forum is small fry. We're still working on some solutions, we'll get there!
Papa Midnight 9:46 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I really don't know why they are targeting us. In the scheme of things this forum is small fry. We're still working on some solutions, we'll get there!

reCaptcha for New Registrations?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:15 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:
Yeah I really don't know why they are targeting us. In the scheme of things this forum is small fry.

Not sure because I post here but you do know you guys get super search engine results - when searching for "general" dj stuff. Really great Search Engine Optimization...

You are a magnet and the spammers are steel - lol
goldarn 11:29 PM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:

That image is forever burned into my head, which is fitting because you are a nice big warm teddy bear. Glad all is well and that you were able to find a backup.
dj_soo 6:54 AM - 31 May, 2017
these guys are fucking relentless
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:48 PM - 31 May, 2017
whoa.. just translated one

says BRING BACK SCRATCHLIVE
djcrap 3:02 PM - 31 May, 2017
Quote:
whoa.. just translated one

says BRING BACK SCRATCHLIVE

😂😂😂😂 i translated a couple of the Chinese characters too and

Some said fix echo out, bring back the bridge plus mixtape. Others said bring back scratchlive too
djcrap 3:08 PM - 31 May, 2017
the other chinese letters said bring back Matt P to police the forums again! Make serato forums great again.

Bwahahahaha
DJ GOODFOOT 3:44 PM - 31 May, 2017
Serato ignoring these spam posts like they are requests for play count...
Crackpipe 3:58 PM - 31 May, 2017
Require two factor authentication to a cell phone number only to setup an account. It will slow them down greatly.
djcrap 6:10 PM - 31 May, 2017
Require new account openning up of a new discussion or partispation in any discussion to atleast have one serato product registered on the serato forum as a requirement.
DJ Unique 8:43 PM - 31 May, 2017
Quote:
the other chinese letters said bring back Matt P to police the forums again! Make serato forums great again.

Bwahahahaha

LOL

#MSFGA
DJ Unique 7:54 PM - 9 June, 2017
popnwave 8:19 PM - 9 June, 2017
It's the weekend, staff is away.
dj_soo 12:15 AM - 10 June, 2017
Make it so that new accounts can only create a new post once every 20-30 minutes
popnwave 1:06 AM - 10 June, 2017
At this point I think we know that isn't an option in their forum software, lol.
dj_soo 5:13 AM - 10 June, 2017
they could upgrade the forum so it doesn't feel like on from 2005
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:08 PM - 11 June, 2017
Quote:

But 2005 was a great year for web design!

We're working on some spam protection but it will take some time. Hang in there guys!
DJ Unique 5:50 PM - 14 June, 2017
: (
Crackpipe 8:01 PM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

But 2005 was a great year for web design!

We're working on some spam protection but it will take some time. Hang in there guys!

Serato has better support for their forums than they do their actual DJ products. Go figure!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:51 PM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
Serato has better support for their forums than they do their actual DJ products. Go figure!

:(
DJ Matty Stiles 10:11 PM - 26 June, 2017
The overall quality of content is so poor I hardly visit. 5 years ago it was a great place to talk shop. Now all these controller n00bs ask the dumbest questions. Yes I sound like a bit of a douche but it's the honest truth.
DJ Tecniq 10:30 PM - 26 June, 2017
Kim Jong Un's son uses Scratchlive that's why they are spam bombing us
popnwave 2:51 AM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
The overall quality of content is so poor I hardly visit. 5 years ago it was a great place to talk shop. Now all these controller n00bs ask the dumbest questions. Yes I sound like a bit of a douche but it's the honest truth.

#wompwomp
DJ Unique 3:54 AM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:

Yep
dj_soo 10:31 AM - 27 June, 2017
I come here mainly to talk about gear these days. I've learned a ton about sound systems here and this is kind of my go-to for real-life reviews on PA gear.

In terms of tlaking DJing, I barely click on any threads anymore. The newbs can be annoying, but the saltiness of some of the old timers can get wearing too.
popnwave 2:54 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
I come here mainly to talk about gear these days. I've learned a ton about sound systems here and this is kind of my go-to for real-life reviews on PA gear.

In terms of tlaking DJing, I barely click on any threads anymore. The newbs can be annoying, but the saltiness of some of the old timers can get wearing too.

That's why you're more active on Reddit, eh? :D
dj_soo 11:27 PM - 27 June, 2017
I like being able to edit
DJ Unique 1:29 AM - 5 June, 2019
F-U stupid spammers.
Crackpipe 5:56 AM - 6 June, 2019
Geolocation block China. Yeah they can VPN into another country, but at least it makes it a bit harder. Nobody in China is using Serato anyways. They are already using their own cheaper bootleg version anyways.
DJ Unique 9:06 PM - 6 June, 2019
Quote:
Geolocation block China. Yeah they can VPN into another country, but at least it makes it a bit harder. Nobody in China is using Serato anyways. They are already using their own cheaper bootleg version anyways.

True... they knock-off everything.
LOL
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:27 PM - 6 June, 2019
if they were to make a knock off of SDJ it would probably be better
DJ Unique 6:53 PM - 7 June, 2019
Quote:
if they were to make a knock off of SDJ it would probably be better

BuaHaHaHa