Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

62 just gave me hearing damage.

MrShigura 7:13 AM - 28 April, 2017
Just bought a sixty two, set it up fine, everything was working without a problem.

I then suddenly got maximum volume static on all channels, and through my headphones, blasting my ears to oblivion.

I've seen a few posts on this, with no real information, but can't seem to find info on the cause. Can anyone fill me in, or do I need to get rid of this thing so I don't end up completely deaf??
DJ Tecniq 7:39 AM - 28 April, 2017
Are you using latest firmware/drivers? What operating system are you running?
MrShigura 3:13 PM - 28 April, 2017
Latest everything, windows 10.
DJ Tecniq 3:45 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
Specs of laptop?
MrShigura 5:33 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Specs of laptop?

It's actually a 'desktop' in this case, but:

i5-6500
gtx 1070
16 gb ram

Btw, prior to this was just using an sl3 with an old ttm56 with the same system, never had an issue like this whatsoever.

If this had happened in an actual performance setting, I'd be paying to replace a blown sound system right now.
DJ Tecniq 9:44 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Specs of laptop?

i5-6500
gtx 1070
16 gb ram

Btw, prior to this was just using an sl3 with an old ttm56 with the same system, never had an issue like this whatsoever.

If this had happened in an actual performance setting, I'd be paying to replace a blown sound system right now.
My guess is bad USB cable or audio cables? Either that or the 62 is defective. Did you purchase from an authorized retailer?
MrShigura 1:14 AM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Specs of laptop?

i5-6500
gtx 1070
16 gb ram

My guess is bad USB cable or audio cables? Either that or the 62 is defective. Did you purchase from an authorized retailer?

I bought it used, but the mixer itself is in perfect condition. It looks like I may just have to return it, as the issue just happened again, and I can't risk using the mixer at this point.

The strange thing is it works fine for a while, then this seems to randomly happen. I've used it for hours without issues, but then just now I was simply listening to files in internal mode and it just randomly blasted me again. I have no idea what's causing it, but the thing is unusable and dangerous.
DJ Tecniq 1:08 PM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:
I bought it used
Ahh so this may be pretty much the problem. Never buy used equipment esp if it's an expensive mixer. If you bought on eBay or something or from someone you might have issues returning it. If it's from an authorized Rane dealer then you shouldn't have problems. However I would def try it on another system that supports it. Chances are it's just the machine you're using and not the mixer. Good luck
MrShigura 10:15 PM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I bought it used
Ahh so this may be pretty much the problem. Never buy used equipment esp if it's an expensive mixer. If you bought on eBay or something or from someone you might have issues returning it. If it's from an authorized Rane dealer then you shouldn't have problems. However I would def try it on another system that supports it. Chances are it's just the machine you're using and not the mixer. Good luck

I'm really doubtful at this point that it's the mixer, considering how totally random the issue has been.

Last night I uninstalled everything I could think of that might cause any conflict with the 62 drivers/etc and ran a test where I left the 62 on and serato dj playing tracks in autoplay overnight. It appears it's been going for nearly 12 hours without the issue occurring again, but I have no way to know for certain if/when it will happen again.

By the way, when you say the issue is with 'the system," let's be honest here, that translates to the issue is the drivers/sdj software, because I've had zero issues with both this PC in general, and with using it with an SL3.
MrShigura 10:19 PM - 29 April, 2017
Oh, and I forgot to mention, other people have experienced this same issue with brand new rane/serato mixers, and not just the 62.
DJ Tecniq 4:52 AM - 30 April, 2017
Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to mention, other people have experienced this same issue with brand new rane/serato mixers, and not just the 62.
couldn't relate I have the Pioneer S9 and not one glitch so far. Not sure what's going on with Rane but they got sold out by InMusic I could imagine the customer support isn't as effective.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 5:53 AM - 1 May, 2017
Hey MrShigura (I replied to you in another thread, but incase you didn't see it...),

All of our technical support is handled in a 1 on 1 service outside of the public forum, that why you guys haven't received a direct response.

Follow this link here: support.serato.com create a help request and one of the Serato technicians will be there to help you soon enough. Its a good idea to list your full computer specs, details of your setup ie, what other pieces of hardware you have connected and the troubleshooting steps you have tried already.

In the meantime a good thing to try is a process of elimination, ie, swap out cables, try another computer (if you have access to one), if you are using the latest version of Serato DJ perhaps try and earlier one and see if the problem persists.

Best of luck,
Sam
MrShigura 8:08 AM - 6 May, 2017
Quote:
Hey MrShigura (I replied to you in another thread, but incase you didn't see it...),

All of our technical support is handled in a 1 on 1 service outside of the public forum, that why you guys haven't received a direct response.

Follow this link here: support.serato.com create a help request and one of the Serato technicians will be there to help you soon enough. Its a good idea to list your full computer specs, details of your setup ie, what other pieces of hardware you have connected and the troubleshooting steps you have tried already.

In the meantime a good thing to try is a process of elimination, ie, swap out cables, try another computer (if you have access to one), if you are using the latest version of Serato DJ perhaps try and earlier one and see if the problem persists.

Best of luck,
Sam

I tried this. Your support told me it must be a hardware issue and passed the buck to Rane.

It appears this is basically a known issue with windows 10/62/SDJ, well, known to the many people who have had the issue, apparently not officially a known issue.

youtu.be
youtu.be
MrShigura 8:13 AM - 6 May, 2017
Oh, and

youtu.be
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:40 PM - 8 May, 2017
Thanks for letting me know,

Hopefully Rane support can help you fix the issue or replace your mixer if it is indeed faulty. If you do find a solution please post back here as it might be valuable for other users.

Sam
MrShigura 8:39 PM - 9 May, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for letting me know,

Hopefully Rane support can help you fix the issue or replace your mixer if it is indeed faulty. If you do find a solution please post back here as it might be valuable for other users.

Sam

Rane support is unlikely to be able to fix an issue which is clearly related to a software/driver conflict. If the issue only happens when using windows 10 specifically, the mixer hardware has nothing to do with the cause. Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue no one wants to resolve, given that this is a discontinued mixer from a seemingly discontinued company.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:53 PM - 9 May, 2017
Hey Mr Shigura,

I found your support ticket and see that not much investigation was carried out, sorry if you feel like you were brushed off. Feel free to make another ticket support.serato.com and I'll bump it with the support team.

We have seen this issue a few times in the past and our support team have been unable to reproduce the issue in house. Other reports have pointed to a driver issue and all the Rane drivers are made, in house, by Rane, so I still think it is worthwhile contacting them as well.

Hope that helps,
Sam
MrShigura 11:36 PM - 9 May, 2017
Quote:
Hey Mr Shigura,

I found your support ticket and see that not much investigation was carried out, sorry if you feel like you were brushed off. Feel free to make another ticket support.serato.com and I'll bump it with the support team.

We have seen this issue a few times in the past and our support team have been unable to reproduce the issue in house. Other reports have pointed to a driver issue and all the Rane drivers are made, in house, by Rane, so I still think it is worthwhile contacting them as well.

Hope that helps,
Sam

Sam,

Thanks for your attention to this post and my issue. I just submitted a new ticket as requested. So far Rane's only advice has been to use an older version of SDJ, which is both unlikely to solve the problem (since, per the videos I linked, others were having the issue as far back as 2014) and likely not supported by Serato. In any case, the new ticket is in, let me know what else I can do to help investigate.
MrShigura 11:37 PM - 9 May, 2017
PS: It's ticket #302279
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:08 AM - 10 May, 2017
Thanks MrShigura, I think Kane is gonna grab your new ticket and work with you on it.

Thats a pretty standard approach to check if the issue in still happening in an older version, its lets us know pretty quick if its a software bug thats just been introduced, but in this case I think you are right, its unlikely because it has been happening a while.

Regardless, best of luck with the issue.

Sam
Hanginon 12:59 AM - 10 May, 2017
I have seen this happen with mp3 files when Auto Gain is turned off.

1) Do you have it off?
2) When it happens, is the "white" area of the manual gain setting in Serato fully clockwise to the right?

Like I said, I had some mp3's that did this. They had Replay Gain settings, and I had also run them through mp3Gain, no help. I never figured out why. It is not a problem when Auto Gain on.
MrShigura 1:00 AM - 10 May, 2017
Quote:

1) Do you have it off?
2) When it happens, is the "white" area of the manual gain setting in Serato fully clockwise to the right?

Like I said, I had some mp3's that did this. They had Replay Gain settings, and I had also run them through mp3Gain, no help. I never figured out why. It is not a problem when Auto Gain on.

No, auto gain is not off.
MrShigura 1:01 AM - 10 May, 2017
Quote:

1) Do you have it off?

Oh, and the track isn't playing at loud volume. As shown in the videos, the issue is MAX volume static/white noise, not the actual music.
Kranky 11:14 PM - 29 August, 2017
Same issue here - seemingly random - same setup Rane 62 / Serato DJ / Windows 10 x64 - has been on-going for me for a number of years now.
Kranky 1:05 AM - 30 August, 2017
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue MrShigura?
ChosunNYC 1:51 AM - 7 November, 2017
Anyone ever figure this out? My Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop is doing this.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-7700 @ 2.80GHz
32GB RAM
1TB Internal SSD drive
Serato v1.9.10 (19105170)
Rane Sixty-Two Firmware v2.53
MrShigura 1:14 AM - 6 December, 2017
Quote:
Anyone ever figure this out? My Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop is doing this.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-7700 @ 2.80GHz
32GB RAM
1TB Internal SSD drive
Serato v1.9.10 (19105170)
Rane Sixty-Two Firmware v2.53

No, never got an actual solution to this issue and was forced to dual boot into windows 8.1 in order to avoid going deaf. Neither Rane nor Serato wanted to take responsibility and neither of them had any potential solutions.
Kranky 1:36 AM - 6 December, 2017
Ugh... I have pretty much shelved my DJ set up over this issue, I got sick of it killing my sets in the middle. Had it happen at a couple of gigs, highly embaressing.
Aptidda 5:37 PM - 6 December, 2017
Looks like the only logical solution is to get an Apple computer. Good luck guys!
Kranky 7:59 PM - 6 December, 2017
Pass :)
Aptidda 10:49 PM - 6 December, 2017
nothing quite like "shelving" the setup because your computer isn't up to snuff.
Kranky 10:51 PM - 6 December, 2017
It isn't the computer, its the driver support for Windows 10 apparently. If I wanted to run OSX, I wouldn't buy an Apple though, I'd just use my Hackintosh. Thanks for the feedback though chief.
popnwave 12:24 AM - 7 December, 2017
Want to sell it?
Aptidda 12:54 AM - 7 December, 2017
im sure the Hackintosh drivers would be absolutely phenomenal and would work like a charm! Sell it to popnwave! he likes that Jamo
Kranky 12:57 AM - 7 December, 2017
The drivers/firmware for the Rane62 are provided by Rane duh. Keep showing us how knowledgable you are please. :)
DJSteve2100 3:08 AM - 31 December, 2017
So, I've been dealing with this same issue for the past year, following my update to Win10 from 8.1. For me, I've been able to run through the basic serato "optimization" stuff (power management settings, updating drivers, etc..) to keep it from blowing my ears out.

But every time there's a Windows update, the random static returns. It sucks because I don't always catch when an update occurs, sooo all of a sudden SUPRISE!!!

Anyways. I had it happen when using the 62 in Ableton too. I think it's specifically something to do with the drivers and USB power management.

If there's an actual solution out there, I'd love to hear it too.
DJ Matty Stiles 1:03 PM - 1 January, 2018
Fellas, when nothings playing on the 62, and you turn the headphone volume to max, can you hear the faintest, slightest white noise? I'm talking barely noticable

Just praying im not the only one
nights 8:24 PM - 2 January, 2018
when i had my 62 a couple of years ago i had this same problem... would blast of some mad feed back sound and blast out my ears out.. i didn't solve the problem... well i did i ended up selling the 62 and getting a pioneer s9... i do believe it may be an issue with windows...best bet is to go macbook...i rekon...
pdidy 1:25 AM - 3 January, 2018
Quote:
nothing quite like "shelving" the setup because your computer isn't up to snuff.

clearly he's not a working dj so "shelving" the setup is nothing more than a moot point as it will make no difference to him.
MrShigura 4:07 AM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

clearly he's not a working dj so "shelving" the setup is nothing more than a moot point as it will make no difference to him.

What seems to have been an attempt to be insulting was destroyed by your utter lack of communication skills.
pdidy 4:41 AM - 17 January, 2018
tomba088 2:45 AM - 26 January, 2018
Hi all,
I have the same issue. Bought my rane 64 in february 2015. It has the same earbleed static noise that sends the LED volume indicators into the red on the master out and channel 4. It happens sometimes in quick succession and sometimes not for weeks. I have used this mixer on 2 PCs. Both are on windows 10 now but when i first bought the mixer i had only my older laptop, that was running windows 8.1. It has had this issue from day 1.
When it happens if you change the buffer size in the Rane 64 control panel it stops the noise. If you flick the selector knob on channel 4 off of whichever usb input you are using, it stops the noise (returnng mixer to working order). It seems worse on USB3 and seems worse when connected to/using the internet.
I believe this is a driver issue. I have experiences]d this issue with serato DJ and while using the mixer as a soundcard/interface for maschine 2.7. I have recenttly started using ableton live, so i will see how the mixer bhaves with this program.
I've contacted rane twice over the years and still no help. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and was told that it's an old mixer and that InMusic, the new owners of the company, are not supporting this mixer any longer and will not be releasing any new drivers.
I would LOVE a solution to this BS problem. At this stage in the game I will NEVER buy a Rane product ever again.
Plz serato, put some pressure on Rane to resolve this issue and allow us to use our expensive "high end" rane mixers.
Aptidda 4:24 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Hi all,
I have the same issue. Bought my rane 64 in february 2015. It has the same earbleed static noise that sends the LED volume indicators into the red on the master out and channel 4. It happens sometimes in quick succession and sometimes not for weeks. I have used this mixer on 2 PCs. Both are on windows 10 now but when i first bought the mixer i had only my older laptop, that was running windows 8.1. It has had this issue from day 1.
When it happens if you change the buffer size in the Rane 64 control panel it stops the noise. If you flick the selector knob on channel 4 off of whichever usb input you are using, it stops the noise (returnng mixer to working order). It seems worse on USB3 and seems worse when connected to/using the internet.
I believe this is a driver issue. I have experiences]d this issue with serato DJ and while using the mixer as a soundcard/interface for maschine 2.7. I have recenttly started using ableton live, so i will see how the mixer bhaves with this program.
I've contacted rane twice over the years and still no help. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and was told that it's an old mixer and that InMusic, the new owners of the company, are not supporting this mixer any longer and will not be releasing any new drivers.
I would LOVE a solution to this BS problem. At this stage in the game I will NEVER buy a Rane product ever again.
Plz serato, put some pressure on Rane to resolve this issue and allow us to use our expensive "high end" rane mixers.

Logical Solution: Toss the 64 in the garbage where it belongs as it is not and will never be supported again because its a dinosaur. Plop down $2,000 for the new Seventy Two.

Voila! No more problems.
MrShigura 6:29 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:

Logical Solution: Toss the 64 in the garbage where it belongs as it is not and will never be supported again because its a dinosaur. Plop down $2,000 for the new Seventy Two.

Voila! No more problems.

I really hope that was a bad attempt at a joke.
tomba088 8:08 PM - 26 January, 2018
Mr Shigura, I'm sure it was a joke. It is funny in that it's unortunately true. I been posting on their various pages about my dissapointment. Perhaps I can steer a few people away from making the same mistake I did.
Mr. Goodkat 8:48 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Plop down $2,000 for the new Seventy Two.

Voila! No more problems.

you dont really believe that do you?
Aptidda 9:33 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Voila! No more problems.

I want to ;-)

cue the R Kelly Remix: I believe Serato DJ Pro Can Fly, I believe it can touch the sky, I think about it every night and day, not knowing when will be release day!!!
tomba088 9:51 PM - 26 January, 2018
It's not a serato issue. It's rane. Drivers I believe.
Mr. Goodkat 10:31 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Voila! No more problems.

I want to ;-)

cue the R Kelly Remix: I believe Serato DJ Pro Can Fly, I believe it can touch the sky, I think about it every night and day, not knowing when will be release day!!!

i did watch the vid. looks pretty solid, and the waveforms actually looked smooth, unlike my computer
r3k0 5:53 PM - 18 March, 2018
Only solution i have to this problem is use Win 7 or 8.1 (Not a huge fan of 8.1 so its 7 for me)
Ive been running on 7 for about 4 weeks now and zero problems since. Just a shame the waveforms suffer from back v-sync, but i can live with that till the 72 is released (When?) :P

And those making there wanky Macbook jokes, i would rather insert large blunt objects into my eyes, repeatedly, over buying in to the Apple family. Ta!

;)
Deaf Jam 8:00 PM - 18 March, 2018
Quote:
Only solution i have to this problem is use Win 7 or 8.1 (Not a huge fan of 8.1 so its 7 for me)
Ive been running on 7 for about 4 weeks now and zero problems since. Just a shame the waveforms suffer from back v-sync, but i can live with that till the 72 is released (When?) :P

And those making there wanky Macbook jokes, i would rather insert large blunt objects into my eyes, repeatedly, over buying in to the Apple family. Ta!

;)

Windows 8.1 actually has the same issue. In some cases it's more rare in Win 8.1, but it still happens. Windows 7, while technically a work around if available, isn't supported by Microsoft and isn't really a viable solution.

If anyone who is experiencing/has experienced this problem is interested in pursuing a potential solution from Rane, send me a message with your contact info (as much as you feel comfortable sharing, I don't need your home address...) via my profile link here. The reality is unless they are forced to, Rainmusic isn't going to actually do anything about this problem. I can't be the only one who thinks it's unacceptable for a company to knowingly sell a product that, when used as advertised, can and does cause permanent hearing damage to users.
r3k0 12:46 AM - 19 March, 2018
Quote:

Windows 8.1 actually has the same issue. In some cases it's more rare in Win 8.1, but it still happens. Windows 7, while technically a work around if available, isn't supported by Microsoft and isn't really a viable solution.

If anyone who is experiencing/has experienced this problem is interested in pursuing a potential solution from Rane, send me a message with your contact info (as much as you feel comfortable sharing, I don't need your home address...) via my profile link here. The reality is unless they are forced to, Rainmusic isn't going to actually do anything about this problem. I can't be the only one who thinks it's unacceptable for a company to knowingly sell a product that, when used as advertised, can and does cause permanent hearing damage to users.

I'm still getting updates for Win 7 SP1, so it has enough support for my needs tbh.
I will send you my contact info now, not sure you will get anywhere with them but GL and nice 1 for trying ;)
Sure you know but i saw a few vids on youtube showing the problem, maybe message them also.

Thanks.
Deaf Jam 1:43 AM - 19 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I'm still getting updates for Win 7 SP1, so it has enough support for my needs tbh.
I will send you my contact info now, not sure you will get anywhere with them but GL and nice 1 for trying ;)
Sure you know but i saw a few vids on youtube showing the problem, maybe message them also.

Thanks.

I can tell you right now that Rane/InMusic is aware of the videos in question, and that they've been aware that this is a real problem for some time. At this point, it's increasingly clear that since the 62 is technically discontinued (despite being, still, Rainmusic's most recent mixer released in this market until the 72 drops) and now that the company has been sold to a megacorporation, they intend to ignore the problem and just wait for it to go away. The only way that's going to change is with enough people upset enough to put pressure on them to actually fix the (permanent physical damage causing...) issue instead of sweeping it under the rug. The only way to do that is get enough people together with this problem to potentially make it a problem for InMusic as well as us.
r3k0 2:16 AM - 19 March, 2018
Well said!!

Any one wanting to help with this please message Deaf Jam your details.
tomba088 6:51 PM - 19 March, 2018
I was told by someone at the technical help desk at rane that they know about the issue. I was told to run my pc on a mac with my 64 connected and see if anything is different. If it still crashed om the mac i was to send it in for yhem to kook at. Haven't tried that yet.

They told me they were working on a new driver.
Not sure I believe this.
Deaf Jam 7:24 PM - 19 March, 2018
Quote:
I was told by someone at the technical help desk at rane that they know about the issue. I was told to run my pc on a mac with my 64 connected and see if anything is different. If it still crashed om the mac i was to send it in for yhem to kook at. Haven't tried that yet.

Not sure I believe this.

Here's the problem, they DO know about the issue, but they've also known about the issue for YEARS now, and no new driver or solution of any kind has materialized.

On top of that, they've known this is a real problem for years, but the 62 is still to this day advertised as being completely compatible with windows 10 (and 8.1) with no word of warning about the fact that using it with these systems can and does result in permanent damage to hearing, and potentially to sound systems. Those of us unfortunate enough to have experienced the noise this causes first hand can imagine the result if this issue occurred during a performance through high volume speakers without proper limiting.

The fact that they have been aware this happens for that long, have done nothing about it, not even made any public or official statement, let alone actually fixing the problem, doesn't lead me to think they will do so now. The 72 is about to be widely released, the likelihood is that unless they are forced to (see my previous post) they intend to ignore this problem because it would cost them more to fix than to ignore.
Deaf Jam 3:36 AM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:

Not sure I believe this.

Almost forgot, name a response to this problem and I've heard it from Rane/InMusic. I've been told no new drivers will ever be released for the 62 as 'it's old.' I've been told that's not true. I've been told there's someone gathering these reports and working on a fix. I've been told no one knows if that's true or if so who that person is.

Consistent communication doesn't really seem to be a thing with the new Rane.
tomba088 3:45 AM - 21 March, 2018
Here's the thing though. These mixers get used in big clubs and on huge soundysytems. Rane woukd never risk a faulty mixer going out at a huge venue. The publicity would be terrible.
This leads me to believe it's a hardware issue.
Deaf Jam 3:50 AM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
Here's the thing though. These mixers get used in big clubs and on huge soundysytems. Rane woukd never risk a faulty mixer going out at a huge venue. The publicity would be terrible.
This leads me to believe it's a hardware issue.

Um, that depends how you define hardware issue. It isn't an issue with the user hardware, I can tell you that much. The issue is specifically with the 62 (and from what I've heard possibly the 64) and windows. It does not occur on the same exact PC(s) using other Rane/Serato hardware (SL3, etc etc,) there is some issue with the 62/64/etc driver that causes the problem. The sad thing is the issue should be relatively easy to resolve for someone with access to the driver code and the knowledge needed to dig into the details, but that person works for Rane, and Rane seems to want to just ignore this and hope it goes away.
tomba088 4:08 AM - 21 March, 2018
I get what your saying. Do you think rane are just hoping this never happens in a situation where it woukd be really bad for them..maybe on camera, in a video somewhere, while being used by a big name DJ they want to use it. What if it is both hardware and driver? Maybe the driver is only an issue on some of the mixers. Older ones maybe....I have a rane 64 that I have the problem with.
Numark
NumarkCorey 8:24 PM - 21 March, 2018
Serato and Rane have seen very limited reports of this random distortion symptom on Windows 10, and are working hard together to resolve the issue. The most consistent description of the symptom is: extremely loud white noise from the outputs, occurring at random.

At this stage, we do not have a simple fix for the problem as we do not know the exact cause. It appears to affect various Rane hardware, most commonly the Sixty-Two, on Windows 10 creators edition only; and can be heard when the hardware is connected to various software (not limited to Serato). All the reports we have received so far came in after the initial release of the Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 (March 2017), and after the user had updated.

It is important to note that this symptom does not affect all users running Windows 10, or even all users running Windows 10 creator build 1703. To-date, reports have been very limited, which unfortunately has made it more difficult to pin-down. Because of this, we recommend:

• Users that have not already updated to Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 or 1709 should refrain from updating as a precaution.

See our article here - dj.rane.com for steps on preventing the update from occurring automatically.

• For users who are already running Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 or 1709: if you are experiencing any type of noise with your Rane hardware, please send the details of your DJ setup and your full computer specs to the Rane support team so they can continue to gather information and work on this problem with you.

See our article here - dj.rane.com for more information about the behavior and how to contact our support team directly.

We do of course want to consider any and all information that may be valuable, including reports of the behavior on other operating systems like Windows 8.1, as Mr. Shigura, Tomba088, Deaf Jam reported. I’ll message each of you privately so we can exchange more info. I’ll note that updating, reverting back to a previous OS, or dual-booting an OS, can in some cases create circumstances where it is harder to pin down or resolve symptoms. In all cases, however, the more information we have, the better. You seem to be the only users reporting similar a symptom with Windows 8.1 and I’d like to hear more about that.
MrShigura 2:00 AM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
Serato and Rane have seen very limited reports of this random distortion....

There seem to be some serious issues with internal communication at Rane when it comes to these things. My first attempt to contact inmusic resulted in being told by an inmusic rep that "that mixer is old" and "we haven't heard of this problem and if it was real we'd have heard of it by now."

Once I managed to eventually reach someone less openly hostile, I sent in a variety of information on the issue, including a video of the behavior, windows and Serato logs from the moment the noise kicked in, etc. To be fair, the person I worked with on that was helpful and polite, but this is the first time I'm seeing the article you linked.

On that note, that article is a little problematic, as I can tell you from first hand experience that the issue occurs on windows 8.1 as well, as you noted, although in my experience far far less often. As mentioned, although I've also had it happen at random times with no other programs running, it seems to often be triggered by running other applications that make use of the system audio in some way, leading me to think that there's some sort of handling conflict happening somewhere.

I would encourage you to message me directly as you mentioned if you'd like to discuss the details further. I will say, the bit about contacting Rane so you can "gather more information" is a start, but it's little consolation if that information is gathered, filed away under "we sell the 72 now," and never heard about again.
Numark
NumarkCorey 6:16 PM - 22 March, 2018
Mr. Shigura, thank you for responding here. I am well aware of the content that you've provided so far and it has been extremely helpful in identifying what the issue looks like and how it ends up occurring.

I chose not to reach out to you here, strictly because you are already working with one of our representatives and that may muddy the waters and cause information to be split between parties, making it easier to lose. The agent you've been working with is very aware of what's going on and your exact situation, so I'd urge you to please reach out to him directly with any new information.

As I mentioned though, the Windows 8.1 reports are concerning and I believe you were the first to report this which was right around when that guide was posted in late February. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you had a creator build installed first and then installed 8.1 on a separate partition? So Windows 10 is still installed on the other partition? This is a fine test, but it's a unique scenario and even more difficult for us to recreate, hence why more reports of similar behavior will help.

But, thank you for everything you've provided so far. I don't think that we need any more information from you at the moment, but we will reach out directly if anything comes up!
MrShigura 4:09 AM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
Mr. Shigura, thank you for responding here. I am well aware of the content that you've provided so far and it has been extremely helpful in identifying what the issue looks like and how it ends up occurring.

I chose not to reach out to you here, strictly because you are already working with one of our representatives and that may muddy the waters and cause information to be split between parties, making it easier to lose. The agent you've been working with is very aware of what's going on and your exact situation, so I'd urge you to please reach out to him directly with any new information.

As I mentioned though, the Windows 8.1 reports are concerning and I believe you were the first to report this which was right around when that guide was posted in late February. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you had a creator build installed first and then installed 8.1 on a separate partition? So Windows 10 is still installed on the other partition? This is a fine test, but it's a unique scenario and even more difficult for us to recreate, hence why more reports of similar behavior will help.

But, thank you for everything you've provided so far. I don't think that we need any more information from you at the moment, but we will reach out directly if anything comes up!

Fair enough, just tell him if he didn't check out Ricci Rucker yet I'm profoundly disappointed. -_-
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:20 PM - 23 March, 2018
@numarkcorey

Thanks for popping on to this thread. Just wondering if there is any fix to this issue i have with the Rane 62.

It's causing my MacBook pro with Touch Bar to crash if hot unplugged or even turned off.

I know MacBook pros with Touch Bar have the "hot unplugging-crashing issue" with devices with proprietary drivers.

As a work around when I exit Serato DJ before powering down my other controllers/mixer (Roland dj 808 & Pioneer DJM S9) I can avoid the crashing whereas with the Rane 62 I still get a crash if I hot unplug the mixer or power off the mixer even with Serato DJ not running.

The crashing - touch bar stops working and you can't shut down the MacBook. The only way about this is to forcefully shut down the laptop.

The only thing that prevents a crash with the Rane 62 is exiting Serato DJ, Shutting down the Mac before Powering off the Mixer. It's a workaround but not ideal as I have to remember that sequence to prevent the crash.

Just thought I should bring this to your attention here as it's crickets in the Rane forum.
MrShigura 5:29 PM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
@numarkcorey

Thanks for popping on to this thread. Just wondering if there is any fix to this issue i have with the Rane 62.

It's causing my MacBook pro with Touch Bar to crash if hot unplugged or even turned off.

I know MacBook pros with Touch Bar have the "hot unplugging-crashing issue" with devices with proprietary drivers.

As a work around when I exit Serato DJ before powering down my other controllers/mixer (Roland dj 808 & Pioneer DJM S9) I can avoid the crashing whereas with the Rane 62 I still get a crash if I hot unplug the mixer or power off the mixer even with Serato DJ not running.

The crashing - touch bar stops working and you can't shut down the MacBook. The only way about this is to forcefully shut down the laptop.

The only thing that prevents a crash with the Rane 62 is exiting Serato DJ, Shutting down the Mac before Powering off the Mixer. It's a workaround but not ideal as I have to remember that sequence to prevent the crash.

Just thought I should bring this to your attention here as it's crickets in the Rane forum.

Trust me, I feel your frustration at having a known issue there isn't a fix for, but I would ask that you please take your question to DM with him and don't hijack this topic.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:28 PM - 23 March, 2018
@all

My apologies.
Numark
NumarkCorey 1:41 PM - 26 March, 2018
Quote:
@all

My apologies.

Hi Marv!

I sent you a private message so we can discuss more off of this thread. Feel free to respond there.
reif99 10:21 AM - 29 March, 2018
I have the same issue with my Rane 62. Max volume static sound blaring during a gig. I have had the mixer for almost 3 years now and it has done it to me approx 4 - 5 times over the years. It scares the shit out of the crowd and me. I would love to see a resolution going forward. I am running Windows 10 (could have been using 8.1 when I first purchased the mixer). I have had 2x different laptops during this timeframe and have always used high quality USB cables.
r3k0 8:37 PM - 30 March, 2018
I dont play out much these days so only had it happen at home on a moderate amp and speaker set up.

I dread to think what it would be like on a full size PA in a club .....
DJ Tecniq 10:19 PM - 30 March, 2018
Imagine what the Rane 72 will sound like😬
r3k0 1:40 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:

Hopefully perfectly fine? as it shouldn't suffer from this issue?
tomba088 1:42 AM - 31 March, 2018
Yeah, but if it has any others, don't be expecting too much help from rane.
DJ Tecniq 1:56 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn’t doubt that for one minute. When you get a Rane mixer you’re stuck with em can’t use other software as a DVS except for Serato.
Aptidda 4:00 AM - 31 March, 2018
Y'all are complaining about some old ass mixer. The 72 is going to be the new champ and they are constantly updating and refining it. So I laugh at you peasants regarding trying to blame a legacy product for issues and trying to relate them to the 72. Shame on you blue collar working class peasants!
Mr. Goodkat 4:06 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn’t doubt that for one minute. When you get a Rane mixer you’re stuck with em can’t use other software as a DVS except for Serato.

vdj, mixvibes and rekordbox should work. has transport mode so you could dj with traktor as well
Mr. Goodkat 4:08 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Shame on you blue collar working class peasants!

dj's by nature are working class peasants
Aptidda 4:11 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Truth, good thing I work at a desk and stare at a computer screen getting paid $100 per hour 40 hours a week. I make more in a week doing nothing than you broke ass DJs do throwing out your backs hauling all that shit around.
pdidy 5:08 AM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stop talking about things you know nothing about, this is exactly the type of BS that got you the name NO CRED.

Now do some research and correct your last statement so new users reading this don't take your misinformation as fact.
DJ Tecniq 2:49 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Stop talking about things you know nothing about, this is exactly the type of BS that got you the name NO CRED.

Now do some research and correct your last statement so new users reading this don't take your misinformation as fact.
First of all shut the fuck up...second I wasn’t aware Rane mixers have that ability as I’ve literally seen no one use it with other DJ software. Take the panties out your ass or go make another hit record no one gives a fuck about🤷🏼‍♂️
pdidy 8:15 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

First of all shut the fuck up...second I wasn’t aware Rane mixers have that ability as I’ve literally seen no one use it with other DJ software. Take the panties out your ass or go make another hit record no one gives a fuck about🤷🏼‍♂️

Chill out NO CRED, Its not like this is the first time you've said some dump shit and got called out on it.........lol
DJ Tecniq 10:33 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Chill out NO CRED, Its not like this is the first time you've said some dump shit and got called out on it.........lol
Well don’t test me. Pretty sure most dj’s are using Serato with their Rane mixers anyway asshole👌🏼
r3k0 10:57 PM - 31 March, 2018
Ive never really considered using other dvs software with my 62 tbh.
Yes Serato can be a cock now and then but im used to it now, it generally behaves ok.
Dont really like the look and feel of Traktor, only seen it on my mates shite res laptop tho.
DJ Tecniq 11:05 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Ive never really considered using other dvs software with my 62 tbh
point proven. Pdidy just made he ain’t on the charts no more😂
pdidy 11:10 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:

Do you need me to quote the dumb shit you said or are you just going to pretend like it never happened and change the subject?....... You do realize we can see what you type Right?
r3k0 11:12 PM - 31 March, 2018
:-D
DJ Tecniq 11:12 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Do you need me to quote the dumb shit you said or are you just going to pretend like it never happened and change the subject?....... You do realize we can see what you type Right?
Bro your just pissed no one really uses the 62 with other software. Find me a clip I’ll wait😐
pdidy 11:21 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bro your just pissed no one really uses the 62 with other software. Find me a clip I’ll wait😐

Look at you trying to pull the "okey doke" like no ones gonna notice, like no one saw you say "When you get a Rane mixer you’re stuck with em can’t use other software as a DVS except for Serato" Really ?
DJ Tecniq 11:29 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Look at you trying to pull the "okey doke" like no ones gonna notice, like no one saw you say "When you get a Rane mixer you’re stuck with em can’t use other software as a DVS except for Serato" Really ?
Exactly doesn’t surprise me you’d say the same bullshit. Fuck outta here🖕🏼
pdidy 11:39 PM - 31 March, 2018
Hey NO CRED........
Rane even has a "How-to Setup Rane Hardware With Virtual DJ" using the SL-2 / SL-3 / SL-4 / Sixty-Eight / Sixty-One / Sixty-Two and 57
dj.rane.com

This is exactly the type of shit that got you named NO CRED...lol
Mr. Goodkat 4:43 AM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Truth, good thing I work at a desk and stare at a computer screen getting paid $100 per hour 40 hours a week. I make more in a week doing nothing than you broke ass DJs do throwing out your backs hauling all that shit around.

there are quite a few djs that make more than 100$ for 40 hours.

lotta wedding djs could easily eclipse 4k a week and work probably less than 40 hours of actual djing,
tomba088 6:39 PM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lotta wedding djs could easily eclipse 4k a week and work probably less than 40 hours of actual djing,

Don't take the bait!!
r3k0 7:15 PM - 1 April, 2018
I love the internet :-D
Mr. Goodkat 11:54 PM - 1 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't take the bait!!

i know he's a troll.
DJ Tecniq 2:26 AM - 2 April, 2018
Quote:
Hey NO CRED........
Rane even has a "How-to Setup Rane Hardware With Virtual DJ" using the SL-2 / SL-3 / SL-4 / Sixty-Eight / Sixty-One / Sixty-Two and 57
dj.rane.com

That’s great but who really uses VDJ🤦🏼‍♂️
pdidy 9:54 AM - 2 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hey NO CRED........
dj.rane.com

That’s great but who really uses VDJ🤦🏼‍♂️

That's irrelevant because you said "When you get a Rane mixer you’re stuck with em can’t use other software as a DVS except for Serato".

But to answer your question, "VirtualDJ has been downloaded more than 150,000,000 times, making it by far the most used DJ software on the planet (for comparison, Serato recently announced they reached 7 million downloads".
DJ Tecniq 4:26 PM - 2 April, 2018
^ Hasn’t VDJ been around since before SSL? VDJ was the first for DJ software that i knew of back then.
MrShigura 8:02 AM - 6 April, 2018
Well damn, this thread got derailed quick. Not even going to jump into the drama, cept to say that for all the arguing, the 72 is dropping, and this issue is still unresolved after years of waiting for a fix, and being told in various wording that it's the user's fault.
pdidy 10:52 AM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
the 72 is dropping, and this issue is still unresolved after years of waiting for a fix, and being told in various wording that it's the user's fault.

sell it........ problem solved
Aptidda 4:51 PM - 6 April, 2018
I have said it before and I will say it again. Your 62 is as good as a paperweight, bow down, kiss the feet and hail the new King and rightful ruler of the land the RANE 72.
tomba088 4:53 PM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
I have said it before and I will say it again. Your 62 is as good as a paperweight, bow down, kiss the feet and hail the new King and rightful ruler of the land the RANE 72.

I absolutely appreciate a bit of humour as opposed to the doucebaggery comments that have taken over this thread. That was funny
Aptidda 5:02 PM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I absolutely appreciate a bit of humour as opposed to the doucebaggery comments that have taken over this thread. That was funny

Amen!
DJ Tecniq 8:40 PM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
Did yours arrive yet
Aptidda 8:43 PM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Did yours arrive yet

yep check my unboxing post and video
Masta Bene 1:21 PM - 9 April, 2018
The same nasty problem occurs with my serato/rane62 since a few months (3 times!).
Before, I never had this problem over the last 2-3 years with my serato/rane62 setup.
I also use other software with the rane62-ASIO driver w/o this problem (at least until now ;-).

This could be a defect in the latest few Serato/Rane/Windows etc. software updates.
Did anyone have this problem with other hardware than Rane62 ?
r3k0 1:47 PM - 9 April, 2018
I think theres a guy with a 64. But yes its all to do with W10 creators update, i followed the guide linked above and blocked the update, perfectly fine now, but still needs sorting so we can get all updates.
Masta Bene 2:55 PM - 9 April, 2018
Which guide linked above ?
Could you please re-post the link ?
r3k0 2:58 PM - 9 April, 2018
It basically tells you what versions of 10 not to use. I had to find an older iso and re-install with that, been all good so far, just means i cant use my Rj45 network cable and have to use wifi for my net connection (Use a metered connection).

Quote:
Quote:

Best of luck,
Sam

I tried this. Your support told me it must be a hardware issue and passed the buck to Rane.

It appears this is basically a known issue with windows 10/62/SDJ, well, known to the many people who have had the issue, apparently not officially a known issue.
r3k0 3:02 PM - 9 April, 2018
Sorry, thats not it (Lot of BS in this thread now ;))

dj.rane.com

Thats it ^^^
Masta Bene 3:38 PM - 9 April, 2018
Thanks for the link!
Let's restore the system... (until the problem is officially solved!)

PS: "Microsoft works on correcting the behavior of the operating system." LOL!

Peace!
r3k0 4:20 PM - 9 April, 2018
I know, what a joke!

I had to go back to Win 7 on my gaming rig because the same wanky update broke something ....
Mr. Goodkat 6:08 PM - 9 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did yours arrive yet

yep check my unboxing post and video

Watchwww.youtube.com
Masta Bene 7:02 PM - 9 April, 2018
Do you think the real problem is fixed with the 72 ?
Good Luck! Any Results ?

There's a lot of things to claim about Rane-soft/firmware in general!
(Compared with the "NI/Traktor" ASIO-Drivers, it's really just paperweight at all.)

However, Serato is currently still my favorite DVS.

PS: Rane has to support all their hardware again asap! (firmware/driver update)

Peace!
Nicholas Major 5:13 AM - 16 April, 2018
Quote:
Serato and Rane have seen very limited reports of this random distortion symptom on Windows 10, and are working hard together to resolve the issue. The most consistent description of the symptom is: extremely loud white noise from the outputs, occurring at random.

At this stage, we do not have a simple fix for the problem as we do not know the exact cause. It appears to affect various Rane hardware, most commonly the Sixty-Two, on Windows 10 creators edition only; and can be heard when the hardware is connected to various software (not limited to Serato). All the reports we have received so far came in after the initial release of the Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 (March 2017), and after the user had updated.

It is important to note that this symptom does not affect all users running Windows 10, or even all users running Windows 10 creator build 1703. To-date, reports have been very limited, which unfortunately has made it more difficult to pin-down. Because of this, we recommend:

• Users that have not already updated to Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 or 1709 should refrain from updating as a precaution.

See our article here - dj.rane.com for steps on preventing the update from occurring automatically.

• For users who are already running Windows 10 Creator Build 1703 or 1709: if you are experiencing any type of noise with your Rane hardware, please send the details of your DJ setup and your full computer specs to the Rane support team so they can continue to gather information and work on this problem with you.

See our article here - dj.rane.com for more information about the behavior and how to contact our support team directly.

We do of course want to consider any and all information that may be valuable, including reports of the behavior on other operating systems like Windows 8.1, as Mr. Shigura, Tomba088, Deaf Jam reported. I’ll message each of you privately so we can exchange more info. I’ll note that updating, reverting back to a previous OS, or dual-booting an OS, can in some cases create circumstances where it is harder to pin down or resolve symptoms. In all cases, however, the more information we have, the better. You seem to be the only users reporting similar a symptom with Windows 8.1 and I’d like to hear more about that.

Any space to see transparency on the issue?
Anything we can do to help expedite a fix?

Please contact if there is anything that can be done on a user side to test.
I am an Mech Engineer with a programming background who has spent too much time with this issue.

I have a ticket that is about 8 months old open to InMusic that i responded to about 2 months ago after doing a ton of testing with laptops of varying specs and OSs.
(I have already included detailed PC specs in ticket response)

TBH - i am just sick of using my Pioneer controller and miss using vinyl during sets -- albeit Time Coded vinyl

Thanks!
r3k0 2:44 PM - 27 April, 2018
Any progress on this??? I have bought a 72 and sold my 62 to a close friend who also runs Win 10, so we still really need an updated driver to fix this extremely serious issue!!!

Come on RANE pull your finger out!!!
Nicholas Major 9:50 PM - 8 May, 2018
Asked Inmusic for an update since I have had a ticket open for about 8 months directly related to this issue. Response below:

"Hello,

I will be unable to provide updates on this, as this is being handled outside of support. There is not timetable on if or when a fix will be created or needed. Please keep an eye out on our website for updates."

I personally am dripping with confidence that this issue will be resolved... Thanks rane! Thanks inmusic!!(sarcasm)

Sincerely,
A rane 62 owner
r3k0 12:59 AM - 9 May, 2018
Absolute BS really :-/ very poor indeed.
I luckily sold my 62 to a Mac owner so i shouldnt be getting any come back

I just wish that the people who could give the go ahead to make a new driver, where in a nightclub listening to a Dj with and W10 laptop and a 62.....
pdidy 1:07 AM - 9 May, 2018
Quote:
I just wish that the people who could give the go ahead to make a new driver, where in a nightclub listening to a Dj with and W10 laptop and a 62.....

goodluck with that considering every club dj running serato uses a mac lol
r3k0 1:14 AM - 9 May, 2018
I dont ;-)
Masta Bene 2:58 AM - 9 May, 2018
Opened a ticket yesterday... (to get more details about the cause and "timetable"...)
No answer yet...

From a programmer's perspective this is a "absolute" disaster!
(In theory such a failure could also happen to Mac-Users in the future ??)

PS: Never touch a running system! Freeze!

Sincerely,
A rane 62, SL4, SL3, SL1, etc. owner

Peace!
Aptidda 3:48 PM - 9 May, 2018
Quote:
Opened a ticket yesterday... (to get more details about the cause and "timetable"...)
No answer yet...

From a programmer's perspective this is a "absolute" disaster!
(In theory such a failure could also happen to Mac-Users in the future ??)

PS: Never touch a running system! Freeze!

Sincerely,
A rane 62, SL4, SL3, SL1, etc. owner

Peace!

The 62 is dead and will never receive "Updates" or additional support or whatever you low life's need for your legacy junk.
r3k0 3:51 PM - 9 May, 2018
Just leave us alone you nobjockey!!
Aptidda 3:52 PM - 9 May, 2018
Help, help please! My Rane 62 has fallen and cant get up! Bwahahaahahaha
r3k0 4:00 PM - 9 May, 2018
:-D c0ck! ;-)
DJ Tecniq 6:12 PM - 9 May, 2018
Let’s be real the user is not to blame. Rane’s infamous brand is at fault here that’s what happens when you buy their legacy products nothing but broken promises. Rane’s problems are all driver related. Pioneer isn’t the best at build quality but they got the drivers right at least💯👌🏼
Masta Bene 8:51 AM - 13 May, 2018
True, but my legacy junk (a.k.a. Rane 62, SL4, etc. hardware) still seems to work. (e.g. on Mac)
"Rane’s problems are all driver/firmware/windows related."

Quote from "UK Support":
Unfortunately we have not received any updates from the Rane development team in the US with regards to the Windows 10 issue.
It is something that they are continually working on with Windows 10 and will post any updates on the Rane DJ website once they are available.
r3k0 5:41 PM - 18 June, 2018
I hear your pain! Sold mine to a mac user so atleast i wont get a come back.

Install Win 7 sp1, that sorts it.
r3k0 5:41 PM - 18 June, 2018
Or the older versions of W10
r3k0 6:50 PM - 18 June, 2018
I used W7sp1 because the waveforms seemed a lot smoother, i use Horizontal tho so might not be that diff to W10.
I use W7 on my gaming pc, still a good OS tbh.
reif99 11:41 PM - 18 June, 2018
I agree with other users, it only seems to happen when u adjust the buffer in the Rane control panel, in windows 8 & 10.

Are u guys getting it happen without touching the buffer setting?
r3k0 12:51 AM - 19 June, 2018
It was a while ago for me now but im sure i played with buffer time and it still did it.
tomba088 6:20 AM - 22 June, 2018
Hi all, been a while since i posted. I thought i was following this thread but turns out i was following serato.com.
anyway, after months of not using my turntables (i've been focusing on production) it's party season and i got a few gigs lined up. I hope I don't get this problem while playing, i just updated to the latest win 10 version, which i hope wasn't a mistake.
I think we can safely give up on this ever being solved. I was contacted by Corey Sherman from in music and he listened to everything i said regarding the how and why of the white noise of mega pain, and then.....nothing. I have had this problem on my RANE 64 with Windows 8.1 and 10, 2 different PCs, fresh installs on both multiple times with various combinations of software updates. I've systematically gone through and disabled every piece of hardware on both laptpops. I've had it happen with serato, ableton and maschine. Interestingly I get distint lag when selecting input/output channels on ableton and especially on maschine.
It's a joke. I will NEVER buy another Rane product. This company is doomed. There is somthing theyre not telling us. possibly a hardware issue and a driver issue.
I don't understand why such a small amount of people are getting this issue.
Anyway, thought I'd chip in again.
I kinda suspect a USB related issue, who knows.
Anyway, no reason to thing the 72 will be any different i think. Overpriced and undersupported.
tomba088 6:25 AM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

man, i got this quote all wrong.
tomba088 6:26 AM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
I agree with other users, it only seems to happen when u adjust the buffer in the Rane control panel, in windows 8 & 10.

Are u guys getting it happen without touching the buffer setting?

absolutly i am/have. if you move the buffer after it happens it makes it stop.
tomba088 6:27 AM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
I used W7sp1 because the waveforms seemed a lot smoother, i use Horizontal tho so might not be that diff to W10.
I use W7 on my gaming pc, still a good OS tbh.

any white noise of earbleed death with win7sp1?
pdidy 8:17 AM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
Hi all, been a while since i posted. I thought i was following this thread but turns out i was following serato.com.
anyway, after months of not using my turntables (i've been focusing on production) it's party season and i got a few gigs lined up. I hope I don't get this problem while playing, i just updated to the latest win 10 version, which i hope wasn't a mistake.
I think we can safely give up on this ever being solved. I was contacted by Corey Sherman from in music and he listened to everything i said regarding the how and why of the white noise of mega pain, and then.....nothing. I have had this problem on my RANE 64 with Windows 8.1 and 10, 2 different PCs, fresh installs on both multiple times with various combinations of software updates. I've systematically gone through and disabled every piece of hardware on both laptpops. I've had it happen with serato, ableton and maschine. Interestingly I get distint lag when selecting input/output channels on ableton and especially on maschine.
It's a joke. I will NEVER buy another Rane product. This company is doomed. There is somthing theyre not telling us. possibly a hardware issue and a driver issue.
Anyway, no reason to thing the 72 will be any different i think. Overpriced and undersupported.

Here’s a little truth that you’re not going to like ........Windows PC users don’t matter and you never will in regards to Serato. Serato only cares about the 99% of successful DJs Who only use Mac computers. Windows PC users Are looked upon as amateurs who don’t matter. Serious and professional DJs have been aware of this since at least 2008, those of you who choose to remain on the soapbox preaching for windows PC......good luck.

PS.
Serato will never admit this to you. Evolve or die, preaching is not an option.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:49 AM - 22 June, 2018
But Serato continues to advertise and sell Serato DJ as a Windows product. Are they leaving themself open to a law suit? It's only a matter of time before some angry Windows users join forces and seek legal advice.
tomba088 1:21 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Here’s a little truth that you’re not going to like ........Windows PC users don’t matter and you never will in regards to Serato. Serato only cares about the 99% of successful DJs Who only use Mac computers. Windows PC users Are looked upon as amateurs who don’t matter. Serious and professional DJs have been aware of this since at least 2008, those of you who choose to remain on the soapbox preaching for windows PC......good luck.

PS.

How about something helpful? Why are you on this forum anyway?
DJ Tecniq 1:30 PM - 22 June, 2018
There’s been other posts about the 62 having distortion issues and it does boil down to a driver issue there are Mac users that have had the same occur. Rane has never been reliable for their drivers. I actually need my ears so i choose to stay away from anything Rane related.
tomba088 1:39 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
There’s been other posts about the 62 having distortion issues and it does boil down to a driver issue there are Mac users that have had the same occur. Rane has never been reliable for their drivers. I actually need my ears so i choose to stay away from anything Rane related.

You made the right call.
This happens on macs too? Got any proof of that? Thst would be very helpful!
tomba088 1:41 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

PS.

You're missing the point anyway!! Its not a serato issue. It happen with different kinds of software. Maschine and ableton I use and the mixer does it on both those. Try to keep up.
r3k0 4:06 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:

any white noise of earbleed death with win7sp1?

No mate, never had it at all on W7.
Aptidda 5:02 PM - 22 June, 2018
I've said it before and I have said it again. If you use a Windows machine for the performing arts, you are a joke.

I met a DJ once, he had some POS HP machine and was running Serato. Instantly he lost any and all respect. I actually laughed and almost purposely spilled my jack and coke all over his machine and setup.

As a Public Service Announcement to all of you who consistently, constantly, eternally,
everlastingly, complain about your windows machine in perpetuum, You will invariably, perpetually, regularly and repeatedly have constant issues until you are blue in the face. The only hope you peons have is to wait till cows come home. Because you will have to wait till hell freezes over to get any support or respect for your computers.
r3k0 5:21 PM - 22 June, 2018
Shhh!!
WildcardX 5:43 PM - 22 June, 2018
Man, I see all your posts and I really hope that this is all an act and ,God Forbid, your luck doesn't change where you lose it all financially and have to step down from that height you are on. I don't wish that bad on you and hope you do better.
popnwave 7:12 PM - 22 June, 2018
Juuuust ignore Aptidda at this point.
tomba088 7:13 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:

Who?
WildcardX 7:14 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:

I do mostly. Just thinking out loud.
djstanrd 7:25 PM - 22 June, 2018
Same problem here Rane 62, Windows10 64bit

Any solution? Reliable

Its sucks
Mr. Goodkat 7:26 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
I've said it before and I have said it again. If you use a Windows machine for the performing arts, you are a joke.

I met a DJ once, he had some POS HP machine and was running Serato. Instantly he lost any and all respect. I actually laughed and almost purposely spilled my jack and coke all over his machine and setup.

As a Public Service Announcement to all of you who consistently, constantly, eternally,
everlastingly, complain about your windows machine in perpetuum, You will invariably, perpetually, regularly and repeatedly have constant issues until you are blue in the face. The only hope you peons have is to wait till cows come home. Because you will have to wait till hell freezes over to get any support or respect for your computers.

rane troll

i just write these just so no new members dont get confused or think this is a troll forum.
tomba088 7:30 PM - 22 June, 2018
I been complaining on their fb pages letting everyone know about their shitty firmware/driver support. Giving bad reviews, thumbs down.
Maybe you guys might consider doing the same.
Might make a difference......
pdidy 7:38 PM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
But Serato continues to advertise and sell Serato DJ as a Windows product. Are they leaving themself open to a law suit? It's only a matter of time before some angry Windows users join forces and seek legal advice.

They could try but I honestly don’t believe they have much to stand on. Tell me what you think they could sue for
tomba088 2:59 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
I know its rough, guys... But please keep on contacting RANE, INMusic, and serato!

The issue is DRIVER related and they need to actually release new drivers to fix it. They will never do that without pressure from every affected user.

Pay no mind to the trolls!

Hey mate, Did you talk to Corey Sherman, if not, you should. Who did you speak to at Rane?
I feel we should all be talking to the same person
DJ Tecniq 5:06 PM - 25 June, 2018
It’s sad when you pay good money for a mixer and get shit drivers and no updates. 62 is pretty much ancient by now. This is why i don’t support a company like Rane they are lazy asses where Pioneer is the complete opposite and would fix any driver issues. Sell your mixers and get a 72 or S9. Hopefully the 72 won’t have the same problem down the road.
tomba088 5:18 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
It’s sad when you pay good money for a mixer and get shit drivers and no updates. 62 is pretty much ancient by now. This is why i don’t support a company like Rane they are lazy asses where Pioneer is the complete opposite and would fix any driver issues. Sell your mixers and get a 72 or S9. Hopefully the 72 won’t have the same problem down the road.

Buy a 72? No chance........
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:39 PM - 25 June, 2018
The 62 is still beyond serviceable, just needs a bit of driver TLC from the minions in Rane.

I saw that they released an update for the 72 today and I checked out the release notes...no post fader fx for the internal fx and no autodetect of analogue sources bpm yet. Think I read somewhere that they are looking at adding those at some point...that means more coding work yet. Hopefully when all that is done and dusted they will look at some of their pre-inmusic products and provide some updates.

Quite a lot they are doing TBH. They got the Denon lines to tinker with also...but it's no excuse.

If they don't it won't bother me as I rarely gig out with the 62, road mixer is the S9 if not using controllers.

72 purchase hmm not sure for now. I will see where the unit is at in another few months in terms of support.
Aptidda 5:01 PM - 26 June, 2018
Waaa waaaa my 62 doesn't work on my Windows machine. Cry me a river.

ROFL, all you windows nerds and 62'ers out there go and basque in the glory of your obsolescence. I'm going to call Rane and tell them not to waste their time on your legacy pre-InMusic Rane garbage. The 62 always was and always will be destined for a steaming trash pile at the nearest city dump.
Mr. Goodkat 5:58 PM - 26 June, 2018
Quote:

ROFL, all you windows nerds and 62'ers out there go and basque in the glory of your obsolescence. I'm going to call Rane and tell them not to waste their time on your legacy pre-InMusic Rane garbage. The 62 always was and always will be destined for a steaming trash pile at the nearest city dump.

RANE TROLL
Aptidda 6:32 PM - 26 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

RANE TROLL

Yep you got that right. Moving forward, please continue to write RANE TROLL after all of my posts. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. XOXO
Aptidda 9:02 PM - 26 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE TROLL

Yep you got that right. Moving forward, please continue to write RANE TROLL after all of my posts. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. XOXO

Must suck to be so basic.

Yep, truly is such a basic lifestyle I live. Ahhhh it feels good to be basic.

Actually your wrong I am so EXTRA or whatever annoying words you youngins use these days.
r3k0 9:37 PM - 26 June, 2018
Ya know he don't want no +1 ;-)
Mr. Goodkat 7:01 PM - 27 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RANE TROLL

rane troll how is the 62s echo working for you, what is that 8 yrs old? throw the 72 in the trash get a gemini
Aptidda 8:04 PM - 27 June, 2018
I had a Gemini back when you were in Diapers. I never bought a 62, the 72 is where she belongs.
Masta Bene 8:58 AM - 29 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Buy a 72? No chance........

True!
Good luck with the 62-/72-Mac setup...
I'm looking forward to a professional sound system with stable drivers for Win, Mac and Linux.......
Cheers!
Aptidda 3:52 PM - 29 June, 2018
To finalize and end this hopeless thread.

THE 62 WAS RELEASED 6+ YEARS AGO. RANE HAS SINCE BEEN ACQUIRED BY IN MUSIC (Greatly improving the brand and support). 62 IS A LEGACY POS AND THEY ARE NO LONGER WASTING THEIR TIME ON IT.

6+ YEARS IN THE TECH AGE IS A LIFETIME.

If my "72" is no longer supported 8 years from now in 2026 I wouldn't be surprised and would have already upgraded.
Mr. Goodkat 2:35 AM - 30 June, 2018
except fo the delay, same delay. so in theory the 72 is partially shit
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:29 PM - 2 July, 2018
Quote:
To finalize and end this hopeless thread.

THE 62 WAS RELEASED 6+ YEARS AGO. RANE HAS SINCE BEEN ACQUIRED BY IN MUSIC (Greatly improving the brand and support). 62 IS A LEGACY POS AND THEY ARE NO LONGER WASTING THEIR TIME ON IT.

6+ YEARS IN THE TECH AGE IS A LIFETIME.

If my "72" is no longer supported 8 years from now in 2026 I wouldn't be surprised and would have already upgraded.

It's not listed as "legacy" on the website
dj.rane.com
snakeman007 10:33 PM - 3 July, 2018
I have had this same problem with win 8.1 and win 10 to this day updating everything along the way to no reolution. It sucks.. its loud.. it will damage speakers. Never an issue with scratch live only sdj
r3k0 1:55 AM - 4 July, 2018
It does work fine on W10 1609. Its the updating to 17xx and 1809 that breaks it.
snakeman007 5:17 PM - 4 July, 2018
I will try and re eat see if it changes anything. Thanks for tip. Fingers crossed
snakeman007 5:21 PM - 4 July, 2018
So why still the issue in win 8.1? I moved to win 10 hoping it would fix it?
r3k0 5:24 PM - 4 July, 2018
yer not sure about 8.1 never used it.
Deffo never does it on W10 1609, you may have to search around to find that Iso.
Was also perfectly fine on W7 sp1.
snakeman007 5:37 PM - 4 July, 2018
I'll give it a try.. thanks
r3k0 6:06 PM - 4 July, 2018
Sorry, its build 1607 btw.
DJ LUKE S 8:16 PM - 5 July, 2018
I‘m running the latest Win 10 Version. Have the same prob with Serato DJ Pro. Used SSL had no problems yet. Got the 62 last week and now this. Have some big gigs coming up but the 62 will probably stay at home. Does it really work with WIN 7 though? Anybody had white noise with Win 7?
r3k0 8:22 PM - 5 July, 2018
100% fine on W7 mate.
DJ LUKE S 8:27 PM - 5 July, 2018
Quote:
100% fine on W7 mate.

I hope so. I will go back to W7 then.
Masta Bene 11:14 AM - 6 July, 2018
I've also restored W7 for the moment.

RANE is still working on a fix for the W10 issue(s)...

Quote from UK support:
I’ve received a response from the US team. They are aware of that thread and a lot of those users have been very gracious in providing detailed feedback. Their team is working on recreating the issue and developing a fix, but I’m afraid no ETA is available at present. The minute an update has cleared testing and confirmed suitable for release, in whatever form that may take, it will be posted to the product page and made available to the public.
Aptidda 4:08 PM - 9 July, 2018
To summarize Masa Bene's received response:

"You have a Windows computer in which no professional musician would ever consider. It is entertaining that you would use such a cut rate, bargain-basement, chintzy piece of Hardware to drive your entire DJ EcoSystem. Due to your poor choices and life decisions we have the “Windows” users updates on the back burner where they should be. I would suggest going to an all vinyl setup, or buy an Apple Computer. Those are your only two options for a reliable system. “
r3k0 4:11 PM - 9 July, 2018
Go play hide and fk yaself!!! Peasant!!

:P
Aptidda 4:12 PM - 9 July, 2018
Quote:
Go play hide and fk yaself!!! Peasant!!

:P

"All Vinyl Setup", your only option..........
r3k0 4:21 PM - 9 July, 2018
Eat my fecal macboy :x
Masta Bene 9:33 PM - 9 July, 2018
;-)
Kranky 11:44 AM - 12 July, 2018
It just happened to me twice in an hour...
Aptidda 3:39 PM - 12 July, 2018
Quote:

LOL!
r3k0 3:42 PM - 12 July, 2018
Haha, fkn knew it would be you saying that :-D ......
pdidy 9:46 PM - 12 July, 2018
Quote:

So how do you perform with it under these unreliable conditions?
Kranky 10:00 PM - 12 July, 2018
I don't any more. It embarrassingly happened at a couple of gigs on big systems and now I bring my SL3 + DDJSP1 to gigs using house mixers instead.
Kranky 10:07 PM - 12 July, 2018
The last time I used my Sixty-Two for a gig was early 2015... I've been having this issue since then.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:52 PM - 12 July, 2018
Just sold my 62 for €700. Mac user and have zero issues with it prior to sale.

Maybe you guys can explore that option as well, except you are emotionally attached to it for some reason or still use Scratch Live.

My MCX8000 had several performance issues, I sold it and moved on.

If a tool is not doing it's job and the manufacturer is not addressing the issue in good time...I have zero patience and definitely will not perform with anxiety.

I know this doesn't help your current situation but it's worth considering.

Ire o
r3k0 1:43 AM - 13 July, 2018
Works fine on W7 or W10 1607.

But Rane (Inmusic) still suck huge balls for not sorting it.
Kranky 2:22 AM - 13 July, 2018
I had the same problem with the W10 1607 build. I have read a few suggestions in the last few days via Youtube comments on videos which show this problem, and am doing some testing. I'll report back what I find in the next day or so.
Aptidda 5:23 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Works fine on W7 or W10 1607.

But Rane (Inmusic) still suck huge balls for not sorting it.

Its not Rane's fault that you enjoy sucking on square windows balls every opportunity you get.
Mr. Goodkat 5:33 PM - 13 July, 2018
its ranes fault
Aptidda 5:42 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
its ranes fault

It's Windows broke boy's fault.
r3k0 5:54 PM - 13 July, 2018
Its Aptidda's fault .......
Aptidda 6:43 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Its Aptidda's fault .......

I'll take that.
r3k0 7:27 PM - 13 July, 2018
:-D
Masta Bene 2:36 AM - 14 July, 2018
Problem solved. It's Rane, Windows and Aptidda's fault. ;-)
Masta Bene 3:27 AM - 14 July, 2018
Works fine on W7.
Note: Rane SL1-4, 62, etc. worked without problems on Win7 over years.

Tip: Always keep a backup (e.g. disk-dump) of a stable system state.
(Yup! Might also apply to Mac users?!)

Cheers !
JTEK 6:28 PM - 14 July, 2018
Hey guys. I'm going to be straightforward. I'm a 7+ year audio engineer and music producer, worked all across various studios/events/businesses here in Houston, TX, and been DJ'ing on vinyl since I was 13, and for the past 7+ years with this mixer.

I've been going through the EXACT SAME ISSUE as EVERYONE here (the loud ear-bleeding glitch/static dropout blaring noise that scares the life out of everyone) with my setup for the past 8 months now. This for me has been happening EVERY single/other week of the month, randomly at times.

Technicalities don't fucking matter, so it is pointless to aim at, "what system do you have" because if you're not using the top tier MacBook pro system or windows system, that's problem number one.

Now anyways, my setup is as so:
- 2014 macbook pro 15", maxed out specs (used to dj on a good hp windows 10 laptop with ssd 16gb ram, worked just the same)
- 2x pioneer plx-1000 tables
- Rane 61 SIXTY ONE Mixer
- all high-grade Mogami cables, $100 RCA + usb cables, etc.

The issue? Same shit. Random amount of time into my sets, NOT EVEN TOUCHING THE MID-YELLOW gain areas on any channel, then BOOM - blaring noise. No wifi, no bluetooth, no other software, no other bs running with Serato DJ Pro as I DJ. So what is the fix for this issue? I understand WE ALL KNOW it is an issue that still persist and these bastards don't want to update things, but WHY is it happening still?

This did NOT happen at all to me 7+ months ago at the venue i'm at every sat night, also this ONLY happens there, however they have the top of the line most expensive amp+audio setup i've ever seen in a venue. Never has happened to me anywhere else in my life, not even other gigs I have.

This still happens on serato DJ Pro with our Sixty-Series mixers...wtf is going on?
r3k0 6:32 PM - 14 July, 2018
So your getting it when using a Mac??
Mr. Goodkat 6:41 PM - 14 July, 2018
anybody ever thought something is wrong with the mixer? i dont know shit about electronics and im not gonna try to pretend i do, but if its happening on pcs AND macs, couldnt it be the actual hardware?
r3k0 7:18 PM - 14 July, 2018
Dont think so as it never did it to me on earlier W10 or W7 .....
HK1200 7:34 PM - 14 July, 2018
This is the type of shit that makes me not want to buy a modern Rane. If they can't be bothered to address major issues such as these on a flagship product that cost multiple thousands of dollars, why should I continue to support them? Their inaction basically amounts to them saying "F-you. Go buy our new one."

Not cool. Not professional. Not giving them 3g's for a 72.
JTEK 8:19 PM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:

yes 100%. However, which is a dumb analogy and I've spoken with other local DJ's and techs, it ONLY happens at my main saturday night venue...suprised they haven't gotten rid of me because of the issue but regardless - it definitely happens on mac.

same issue
same setups
no user issues I'm causing
none of that.

Used this MacBook with serato dj pro with a SZ2, Traktor mixer+setup, S9, and my rane 61. The 61 has been the only machine to cause this type of issue, on OSX.
JTEK 8:22 PM - 14 July, 2018
I'm spinning tonight again and praying this does not happen once again. It has been happening for almost an entire year, almost every week. That is waaaaaaay to frequent of this issue to be happening like that.

Just as it happens here:
Watchwww.youtube.com

and here:
Watchwww.youtube.com

I understand they have windows machines, however this IS apparent on both windows and osx.
HK1200 1:47 AM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

yes 100%. However, which is a dumb analogy and I've spoken with other local DJ's and techs, it ONLY happens at my main saturday night venue...suprised they haven't gotten rid of me because of the issue but regardless - it definitely happens on mac.

same issue
same setups
none of that.

Used this MacBook with serato dj pro with a SZ2, Traktor mixer+setup, S9, and my rane 61. The 61 has been the only machine to cause this type of issue, on OSX.

Really odd that it only happens at that one venue for you. I wonder if maybe it's a power supply/grounding issue in the club or even some bizarre rf thing going on there that the 61/2 is particularly susceptible to. Input voltage out of whack, surges or drops, maybe messed up wiring somewhere sending current to ground. Hell, back in the day I could consistently make GFCI outlets trip by putting my Nextel next to them while using Nextels packetstreanlm music service. Could even be whatever security is using for comm getting past the shielding. Ya never know, I guess.
Kranky 4:26 AM - 15 July, 2018
Interesting... there's 100+ posts on this thread now, and clearly a lot of people have been having this issue for a number of years. Why the hell can't Rane, or their new owners at least respond to us?
Mr. Goodkat 3:40 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

same issue
same setups
none of that.

Really odd that it only happens at that one venue for you. I wonder if maybe it's a power supply/grounding issue in the club or even some bizarre rf thing going on there that the 61/2 is particularly susceptible to. Input voltage out of whack, surges or drops, maybe messed up wiring somewhere sending current to ground. Hell, back in the day I could consistently make GFCI outlets trip by putting my Nextel next to them while using Nextels packetstreanlm music service. Could even be whatever security is using for comm getting past the shielding. Ya never know, I guess.

yeah, a power difference is really the only other thing that sounds like it would trigger it.
snakeman007 6:43 PM - 15 July, 2018
juyst reverted back to win 7.. seems pretty solid so far. let me spend some time on it and will report back.
tomba088 7:03 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

same issue
same setups
none of that.

Well......that is a game changer! Have you told rane about this? I was considering buying a macbook but now.........
YZ 3:01 PM - 16 July, 2018
I really want to hear now what this blaring thing is about. Soundclips?
Aptidda 3:14 PM - 16 July, 2018
LOL! I laugh at all of you Peons that own a Rane 62 and are complaining about "supporting" your old ass piece of garbage.

Please quit the complaining and do what you know you should have done 2 months ago, get a Rane 72 and shut your mouth.
snakeman007 6:20 PM - 16 July, 2018
^^^^ what a fucking idiot comment. Shows how smart you really are.
Aptidda 9:01 PM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
^^^^ what a fucking idiot comment. Shows how smart you really are.

Well if Mixer competence is any measure of intelligence (Rane 72), I would say i'm an A+.

62 people be like D- / F .

That means you are a failure, I hope your 62 never gets fixed. Hey it would make a nice paperweight!
tomba088 3:50 PM - 17 July, 2018
It's crazy to think people have so much time on their hands as to be able to waste it, trolling on a forum, trying to fix an issue with a piece of equipment they dont even own. I would suggest said person maybe spending the time DJing, socializing with friends (if they have any) or just having a nice wee nap to maybe calm themselves down.
I wish I had the time in my life to engage in a forum on, say, technical issues I have with my faulty personality. Unfortunately their are no firmware updates to fix being a sad lonely troll.
Aptidda 3:52 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
or just having a nice wee nap to maybe calm themselves down.

Unfortunately their are no firmware updates to fix being a sad lonely troll.

Preach! A "wee" little nap, LOL!
tomba088 3:55 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps you dont realise, I thought it was pretty obvious, but its YOU I'm talking about. I appreciate you find it funny though.
Plz go away and do something worthwhile with your life.
Aptidda 3:57 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps you dont realise, I thought it was pretty obvious, but its YOU I'm talking about. I appreciate you find it funny though.
Plz go away and do something worthwhile with your life.

No that was pure entertainment, fortunately for me I am sitting at a desk staring at a screen getting paid handsomely Monday through Friday during regular business hours. I have all the time in the world to post on these Forums, guess that's what being as boss is like.
tomba088 4:01 PM - 17 July, 2018
That's what being a shite boss is like. I suggest you do some work!!
I am off to do my job now.......working hard for the clients that pay me. So I have no more time to waste on doucheknuckles like you.
Aptidda 4:09 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
That's what being a shite boss is like. I suggest you do some work!!
I am off to do my job now.......working hard for the clients that pay me. So I have no more time to waste on doucheknuckles like you.

Get back to work you blur collar working class peasant! I will be here in my ivory towers peering out of my 32nd floor window looking at the San Francisco Bay while you perform your manual labor.
MeeHow 4:22 PM - 17 July, 2018
Does anybody know if Rane is actually working on some new updated Firmware/drivers ?
this is software/windows,mac/updates issue - no doubt,
still, shame on you RANE !
tomba088 4:24 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
Does anybody know if Rane is actually working on some new updated Firmware/drivers ?

Apparently they are, with no indications of when though. It is news to me that it affects mac users too.
Aptidda 5:08 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:

Shame on Rane? No shame on you, for you and your old ass 62. Get with the times and do some basic arithmetic: 62+10= 72.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:13 PM - 17 July, 2018
Hey @Aptidda (and others), enough is enough please.

We operate with a very light touch in our forum so it can keep being an open space for people to speak freely, with maximum transparency. For this to work though, we do need people to keep the conversation focused on the topic at hand and to remain civil and respectful of other users.

A lot of the comments in this thread have become unnecessarily personal and aggressive, and are not really constructive. Stay on point and chill please.

Cheers, Aaron
tomba088 11:14 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:

We operate with a very light touch in our forum so it can keep being an open space for people to speak freely, with maximum transparency. For this to work though, we do need people to keep the conversation focused on the topic at hand and to remain civil and respectful of other users.

A lot of the comments in this thread have become unnecessarily personal and aggressive, and are not really constructive. Stay on point and chill please.

Cheers, Aaron

I apologised if I got carried away......wont happen again
tomba088 11:16 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers, Aaron

I apologised if I got carried away......wont happen again

*apologise
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:37 PM - 17 July, 2018
All good man, much appreciated.

Totally understand it can be tough to keep it chill when others are getting stuck in. Best to ignore where possible.
Masta Bene 8:54 AM - 19 July, 2018
@Serato Best to ignore where possible! LOL
Do you have some updates from Rane??? Just ignore the problem!
Enough is enough !!!
Logisticalstyles 12:22 PM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
I'm spinning tonight again and praying this does not happen once again. It has been happening for almost an entire year, almost every week.

I would have given up on the mixer by now. If you are getting paid to DJ why not just sell the mixer and get something else. Surely your customers are happy about this random noise.
Logisticalstyles 12:23 PM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
Surely your customers are happy about this random noise.

I meant to say "NOT happy"
Mr. Goodkat 4:32 PM - 19 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I'm spinning tonight again and praying this does not happen once again. It has been happening for almost an entire year, almost every week.

I would have given up on the mixer by now. If you are getting paid to DJ why not just sell the mixer and get something else. Surely your customers are happy about this random noise.

yeah, you should have got a different mixer a looooooooooooooooong time ago
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:45 AM - 20 July, 2018
Hey Masta Bene

Quote:
Do you have some updates from Rane?

Nothing to report at this stage I'm afraid, other than that Rane are aware of the issue and are continuing to investigate.

Best to hit them up directly if you haven't already. Every report lends weight to the priority and also each case can possibly reveal extra info that may help get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
pdidy 2:23 AM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ive just figured they must be bedroom djs so random failures don't matter. I've got some jokes if any of them claim to be professionals and preform with the 62 with these issues....lol
DJ BIS 5:44 AM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
Just bought a sixty two, set it up fine, everything was working without a problem.

I then suddenly got maximum volume static on all channels, and through my headphones, blasting my ears to oblivion.

I've seen a few posts on this, with no real information, but can't seem to find info on the cause. Can anyone fill me in, or do I need to get rid of this thing so I don't end up completely deaf??

Out of all things which I hoped would not happen to me as I moved to a new computer and SDJP, this, I am now able to confirm, has become my new nightmare.

My machine is way above minimum spec.
Yes, WIN10, latest.
62 up to date firmware.
SDJP latest.

this has been going on for a while, Serato, have there been any resolutions? Or do we just put away our nice gear, turntables and such and go buy a controller?
I am so, beyond dissapointed. SSL was treating me well too...
I hope this is fixed soon.
tomba088 6:07 AM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Out of all things which I hoped would not happen to me as I moved to a new computer and SDJP, this, I am now able to confirm, has become my new nightmare.

My machine is way above minimum spec.
Yes, WIN10, latest.
62 up to date firmware.
SDJP latest.

this has been going on for a while, Serato, have there been any resolutions? Or do we just put away our nice gear, turntables and such and go buy a controller?
I am so, beyond dissapointed. SSL was treating me well too...
I hope this is fixed soon.

Its rane's problem....not seratos......this happens when using the rane 62(or the 64 I have) as an interface for music production with ableton, maschine etc.
Mr. Goodkat 7:24 AM - 23 July, 2018
why would you keep using the same mixer ? just grab a pioneer or something else?
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:53 AM - 23 July, 2018
I did not have issues with my 62 when I owned it,but following this thread with keen interest as it will give an indication of how things are with Rane ( and Serato by association)

Is there shared responsibility between Serato and it's hardware partners when things go wrong on either side. Especially official partnerships.

I for one have never bought any mixer that doesn't work with Serato. I buy stuff based on Seratos recommendation.

TBH I didn't even know Rane as a hardware manufacturer prior to getting Scratch Live and in many circles Rane is synonymous to Serato.
Chino 2:29 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
I did not have issues with my 62 when I owned it,but following this thread with keen interest as it will give an indication of how things are with Rane ( and Serato by association)

+1. I owned my 62 since 2012 & it worked great! The left side CUE button did break on me, though. The legacy Rane company fixed it & had the 62 shipped back to me all within 3 days!! That is EXCELLENT customer service!!! Their reps were also very knowledgeable about any Serato issues. In most cases, legacy Rane reps could easily walk you through any issue over the phone & get you up and running in no time.

The DJ industry needs to adopt legacy Rane's customer service standard. It goes beyond 'gold' standard... it's the "PLATINUM RANE" customer service experience!
Chino 2:39 PM - 23 July, 2018
Btw, I have noticed a BIG difference in customer service between legacy Rane & inMusic Brand owned Rane.

For example, I recently put in a HELP ticket into Serato & inMusic Brand's Rane in regards to the efx parameters not saving on the 72 mixer. Serato answered in a timely manner(within 2 days). inMusic Brand never even bothered to reply to my support ticket.

Legacy Rane would never of done that. Legacy Rane would of contacted me directly & explained if it was a bug or if it was designed that way & the reason why.
MeeHow 4:39 PM - 23 July, 2018
how about start suing RANE for hearing damage ??
i am serious..
that noise is very very loud and you never know when it will hit your ears (headphones)

maybe that will put more light on this issue,,
Aptidda 4:48 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
i am serious..
that noise is very very loud and you never know when it will hit your ears (headphones)

LOL ok Mr. Lawyer. As mentioned previously you "62 guys" are S.O.L. Cop the 72 or GTFO with your paperweight 62.
YZ 4:06 PM - 24 July, 2018
Quote:
i am serious..

Yea seriously dude, let me know how that works out for you but why stop there? Maybe you can make a Netflix series on it or something, I'd tune in for a few episodes. The question I have is how much crap do you own that breaks constantly, yet you still give it 2nd chances? I'd love to see that list.
SG SOUNDS 12:10 PM - 25 July, 2018
wow first time reading this thread..I've never had this problem with my beloved 62 mixer
DJ BIS 7:21 AM - 31 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
i am serious..

LOL ok Mr. Lawyer. As mentioned previously you "62 guys" are S.O.L. Cop the 72 or GTFO with your paperweight 62.

Whoah man, chill.
DJ BIS 7:24 AM - 31 July, 2018
Serato Support came to the rescue for me, but as it is already known, nothing that they can do about it. The finger is pointed at RANE and Windows.

dj.rane.com

If you own an SL3 Box maybe that's another alternative with your 60-series mixer.
This sucks majorly.
DJ BIS 7:25 AM - 31 July, 2018
Quote:
wow first time reading this thread..I've never had this problem with my beloved 62 mixer

Apparently there are some updates on Windows that cause the problem, on all 60-series mixers, not just the 62. :(

dj.rane.com
YZ 3:29 PM - 31 July, 2018
Quote:

Apparently there are some updates on Windows that cause the problem, on all 60-series mixers, not just the 62. :(

It's not all that apparent as this has been happening with Serato + Windows machines all the way back to the 57SL. People however still think it's fine to run the 2 together, then get bent when the wheels fall off.
DJ BIS 7:39 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

It's not all that apparent as this has been happening with Serato + Windows machines all the way back to the 57SL. People however still think it's fine to run the 2 together, then get bent when the wheels fall off.

I have been a Windows 7 user through the life of all these mixers and never experienced any problems. Windows 10 and Rane not keeping up driver support is the problem. Windows 10 is extremely common. So is the 62. This pairing should be supported.
DJ BIS 7:45 PM - 2 August, 2018
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:
"The 62 was never supported by Windows 10".

*facepalm*

So Serato DJ Pro supports Windows 10, but one of their most widespread pro mixers refuses to. This is not what you'd expect and for many it is extremely confusing.
tomba088 7:58 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:

*facepalm*

So Serato DJ Pro supports Windows 10, but one of their most widespread pro mixers refuses to. This is not what you'd expect and for many it is extremely confusing.

They dont care! They're losing support from many I'd say.
DJ BIS 8:05 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:

*facepalm*

You can include me in that list!!!! X-/
Aptidda 8:08 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:

*facepalm*

HAHA! Definitely they have zero interest in supporting you pre-in music cry babies using some old mixer. Get a 72 and get with the modern Rane, or GTFO. No one cares about the 62 community.
DJ BIS 8:12 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:

*facepalm*

HAHA! Definitely they have zero interest in supporting you pre-in music cry babies using some old mixer. Get a 72 and get with the modern Rane, or GTFO. No one cares about the 62 community.

Sure, you Paypal me the money, I'll get the 72 ASAP.
...Easier said than done... don't be ridiculous.
tomba088 8:16 PM - 2 August, 2018
When are the mods gonna boot off people that are not providing anything positive in any way, to this forum.
Aptidda 8:19 PM - 2 August, 2018
Or you guys can sell the 62, and save money. A new concept for you guys I take it?
DJ BIS 8:22 PM - 2 August, 2018
Quote:
When are the mods gonna boot off people that are not providing anything positive in any way, to this forum.

+1
Aptidda 8:35 PM - 2 August, 2018
:'(
pdidy 1:24 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Put ya Big Boy pants on guys, it's not that serious.....One of the BEST things about the Serato forum is that they DONT over moderate and censors undesired opinions and comments.
Chino 1:35 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:

One of the BEST things about the Serato forum is that they DON'T over moderate and censor undesired opinions and comments.

^^^THIS!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:29 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
One of the BEST things about the Serato forum is that they DONT over moderate and censors undesired opinions and comments.

Yes, this is definitely something we do on purpose and we are dedicated to continuing. It's a really important aspect of our forum and fundamental to our culture.

However, for it to be possible there does occasionally need to be a line drawn - and this is usually based on what we see as basic human decency.

@Aptidda - your repeated simplistic offence directed at people who choose to keep using their (awesome) Sixty-series mixers is growing old and is in breach of our community rule no.1 "Be nice to others" serato.com

We'd appreciate it if you could find a way to be more constructive please, or bow out of this conversation.

Thanks, Aaron
DJ BIS 9:38 PM - 4 August, 2018
That's it really...
More constructive discussion, less offence and attitude. It's not that hard.
DJ BIS 7:16 PM - 5 August, 2018
Has anybody tried SSL on WIN10 with the 62 for an extended period? I wonder if it causes the same problem or other issues?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:01 AM - 6 August, 2018
Hey DJ BIS

Quote:
Has anybody tried SSL on WIN10 with the 62 for an extended period? I wonder if it causes the same problem or other issues?

As this issue has presented across a range of different software, in time it will likely occur with SSL as well. We haven't received any reports with SSL to date, but the user numbers are that much lower that we would expect for the frequency to also be a lot lower.
tomba088 5:02 AM - 6 August, 2018
Quote:
Hey DJ BIS

Quote:

As this issue has presented across a range of different software, in time it will likely occur with SSL as well. We haven't received any reports with SSL to date, but the user numbers are that much lower that we would expect for the frequency to also be a lot lower.

Has Serato been talking to Rane? Do you have any infor for us from them?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:12 AM - 6 August, 2018
Quote:
Has Serato been talking to Rane? Do you have any infor for us from them?

Yes, we've been discussing this issue with Rane since it was first reported. No sorry - no new information at this stage.

Unfortunately it has proven to be a very tricky issue to diagnose due to the randomness of the occurrences. When something like this is difficult to reproduce under test conditions, it makes getting to the bottom of it a real challenge.

What I can say though is that Rane are treating this issue as a priority and are continuing to investigate.
YZ 2:55 PM - 6 August, 2018
I'll go out on a limb here, don't "expect" this to get resolved Windows users. Chances are it won't so plan ahead if need be.

www.apple.com
tomba088 3:31 PM - 6 August, 2018
I'm beginning to doubt the whole "driver is the issue" situation. I feel there may be some hardware fault, perhaps in a batch of these mixers, that is causing these issues with windows. Rane would certainly not want to admit to that, if it can blame it on a "driver issue" and fob us off till we all lose the will to live. Has anyone sent their mixers into Rane to be looked at?
ruandelavega 10:06 AM - 7 August, 2018
Hello,
Same problem with rane 61

This is the only one problem encountered in 10 years with rane and windows...

I rollback my system on windows 8.1 and scratch live since 3 month. No problem...
tomba088 2:49 AM - 18 August, 2018
So, now i have a new problem, but only when connected to usb B.
I get a fuzz that comes through, when audio is playing, especially lower frequencies. For example, with a only a kick playing at the start of a tune the fuzz happens when the kick happens. It's almost like mild distortion. Everything is fine with the other usb port. I guess one of the soundcards is on the way out. Wander if this is fixable, or has anything to do with the static noise issue.
Anyone any thoughts?
ruandelavega 12:44 PM - 19 August, 2018
Last week I investigated the problem on my PC with windows 10.
I made a fresh setup in dual boot, optimise step by step and test...

I saw that after major Windows Update, a setting regarding USB power management has changed!

Control panel / Device manager / Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Open USB Root Hub / Power Management tab.
The box "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is check .

After update, the box is re-checked if the chipset driver is updated !

Since i uncheck the box, no problem (3 day, 6-8 hour of mix)
tomba088 4:16 PM - 19 August, 2018
Quote:
Last week I investigated the problem on my PC with windows 10.
I made a fresh setup in dual boot, optimise step by step and test...

I saw that after major Windows Update, a setting regarding USB power management has changed!

Control panel / Device manager / Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Open USB Root Hub / Power Management tab.
The box "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is check .

After update, the box is re-checked if the chipset driver is updated !

Since i uncheck the box, no problem (3 day, 6-8 hour of mix)

I have tried this and still had white noise/static crash happen.
ruandelavega 4:48 PM - 19 August, 2018
Quote:

Ok, bad new.
And your CPU is forced to 100% at minimal state ?
(Power Management in control panel)
tomba088 5:27 PM - 19 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, bad new.
And your CPU is forced to 100% at minimal state ?
(Power Management in control panel)

yup, thats right
waffles 5:52 PM - 3 September, 2018
has anyone found a valid solution to this problem?

is it proven that this does not occur on windows 7?

Just got a rane 62, and had this problem occur to me as well
Nicholas Major 9:16 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Called RANE.
Their answer is simply:

*facepalm*

Did you point them to the rane website... Where the windows driver specifically says... And I am pulling a direct quote "Sixty-Two ASIO Driver 1.2.3f2 for Windows 7-SP1 through 10 (8.71MB) 28 October 2015"

There was no W7 SP10... So they obviously mean windows 10... So call bull sh*t hardcore on that...

My question.. Is this at all an issue with the 72?...i mean imo. The only reason to get a 72 is if you want to get the twelves as well
popnwave 10:56 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
My question.. Is this at all an issue with the 72?...i mean imo. The only reason to get a 72 is if you want to get the twelves as well

While the Rane96 setup is nice, you don't need either to use each other. I haven't seen any knocks on the 72 yet except some issues with it and SC5000s not playing nice when connected to the same system.
tomba088 1:13 AM - 20 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

While the Rane96 setup is nice, you don't need either to use each other. I haven't seen any knocks on the 72 yet except some issues with it and SC5000s not playing nice when connected to the same system.

I woukdnt buy the 72. Not given the terrible driver support that seems to be acceptable to rane.
Nicholas Major 5:52 AM - 20 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I woukdnt buy the 72. Not given the terrible driver support that seems to be acceptable to rane.

So buy a pioneer djm s9?... Because so far I'm about to checkmate with that move.... My pioneer controller never had issues... But I hate using controllers.. And really want my turntables back

Love my rane, but I'd rather have a mixer than a paper weight... Rane sucks right about now.. And that sucks because i would have gone to bat for rane up until about 1 or 2 years ago.. Now I always throw them under a bus every chance I get.. Sorry rane, but you fucked me at 3 events before I realized it was your shit and not me...

If youre professional equipment at a professional price, I shouldn't be facing problems or fear my mixer blowing up.... I know it's 5 years old, but c mon. Still one of the most used mixers out there
Nicholas Major 5:00 PM - 26 September, 2018
Just got a beta driver for W10 from my year long ticket!!!

RANE still loves its PC users!!!!

So far it's working great.. I'll update after more investigation
popnwave 6:26 PM - 26 September, 2018
Quote:

Glad some bean counter at InMusic let the engineers/devs attempt to fix things.
tomba088 6:35 AM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Glad some bean counter at InMusic let the engineers/devs attempt to fix things.

WOW!!
this is awesome news.
tomba088 6:38 AM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:

This driver is for rane 62?
Hopefully they're working on one for my rane 64. Let us know how it goes.
popnwave 3:58 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:

The 64 does the same thing?
tomba088 4:00 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The 64 does the same thing?

Sure does.....
DJ LUKE S 6:32 AM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Any news? How is it working.
Nicholas Major 5:18 PM - 1 October, 2018
So far so good, I don't want to do a real set just yet with this....
However, the first note in the update is directly pointed at the noise issue... I'm guessing rane worried about the 72..then used lessons learned to fix the 62 and will probably trickle this fix into the 62

But here's the link

dj.rane.com

Get back on this post if any of y'all have an issue
r3k0 5:36 PM - 1 October, 2018
STiLL got the white noise on my old 62 with the beta driver a couple of days ago.
Shame but hopefully they will get it sorted, good to see they are addressing the issue tho.

And why only get a 72 if you want 12's?? makes no sense, i got the 72 and its "The King of all mixers" :-D and the drivers are fine.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:05 PM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
i got the 72 and its "The King of all mixers" :-D and the drivers are fine.

Genius! Long live the King! The 72 conquers once again without a rival in sight!
YZ 9:20 PM - 1 October, 2018
Again, let's all write it down... buy a mac. You guys have hella patience tho, i'll give ya that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:44 PM - 1 October, 2018
Hi all,

The official word from Rane is as follows:
Quote:
In order to fully support Rane users and increase longevity of existing hardware as new operating systems become available, Rane has been working hard to rewrite some of it’s older drivers. The first such release for Windows is being tested now in Beta form for the Rane 62 dj.rane.com

If you are having issues with connecting or audio distortion that is driver related, we encourage those users to try this new driver.

For this beta, if issues are found they should contact our support team at support@rane.com

@r3k0
Quote:
STiLL got the white noise on my old 62 with the beta driver a couple of days ago.

Please contact Rane on the address above and they can work with you on this. I'll also point them to this thread.

Cheers,
Michael.
Kranky 2:55 AM - 6 October, 2018
Thanks for the info regarding the beta driver. I'll give it a go and report back what my experiences are.

Cheers!
Nicholas Major 8:56 AM - 7 October, 2018
Just did a 6 hour gig after a week or 2 of 1-3 hour tests each day....

I know I am jinxing myself... but everything seems to be working well
Nicholas Major 8:57 AM - 7 October, 2018
Quote:
Just did a 6 hour gig after a week or 2 of 1-3 hour tests each day....

I know I am jinxing myself... but everything seems to be working well

(with the new driver)
DJ LUKE S 9:41 AM - 9 October, 2018
So the new driver doesn't work for me. I instal it and my Rane 62 does not connect with SDJ Pro. Tried everything. Tried to uninstall it. Then the software tells me i need to install the driver and it installs the old driver again. Anybody can help me ?
Nicholas Major 3:11 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
So the new driver doesn't work for me. I instal it and my Rane 62 does not connect with SDJ Pro. Tried everything. Tried to uninstall it. Then the software tells me i need to install the driver and it installs the old driver again. Anybody can help me ?

Have you tried different usb ports, I used to have trouble with serato marrying up to my mixer based on this alone?

What windows version do you have?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:13 PM - 9 October, 2018
Hi DJ LUKE S,

Please contact Rane's support at support@rane.com and they will be able to assist you with this.

Cheers,
Michael.
MeeHow 12:49 PM - 16 October, 2018
try to update Windows 10 to version 1803 with OS build 17134.345
latest possible-
Nicholas Major 2:58 PM - 26 October, 2018
Just as another update, been working with the beta for about a month now... I dont want to jinx myself, but after a month of DJing gigs the issue seems to be solved for now.

I always have my controller on me since getting the new driver just in case my 62 goes bonkers again - but now i at least leave it in my car so i am not carrying an extra piece of equipment with me into any club/bar i am hired at
tomba088 8:35 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
They updated the driver because of you guys! Don't stop posting your feedback, making tickets, calling them... for any problems you have.

They tried to say we didn't exist...

They tried to say the problem wasn't real...

All it takes is for PC users to keep making noise!

(I own a Mac and a PC.. both should be stable!)

OH and THANK YOU RANE FOR TRYING TO FIX THIS

YES!!
Despite all the naysayers, writing off PCs as if they were not used by millions of people.
Spoke to Rane and they are saying they will.release a new driver for the 64 too, which has the same issue. Fingers crossed.
YZ 8:37 PM - 26 October, 2018
Band-aid's
tomba088 8:38 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
Band-aid's

You think the problem isnt fixable by driver updates? I'm afraid that might be true.....
YZ 8:53 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Band-aid's

You think the problem isnt fixable by driver updates? I'm afraid that might be true.....

Guess you'll have to wait to find out.
tomba088 9:07 PM - 26 October, 2018
Even if they dont fix it, check this out, looks amazing, not sure if you use the mixer in analogue mode or not. Looks awesome either way.
www.phase-project.com
tomba088 9:13 PM - 26 October, 2018
Too old my ass. This has been happening on mine since I got it in 2015. Its a miracle i havent sold it. But yes, thanks to everyone for keeping up the pressure.
tomba088 2:24 AM - 10 November, 2018
well? hows that driver doing?
khy 1:56 AM - 13 November, 2018
Just got this issue for the first time. Had the 62 since it came out, 2012? Used live for regular weekly gigs with win 8.1, no issues.

Not used it much past couple of years due to getting a controller for gigs but I had used it with my win 10 build 1507

Had accidentally let it update a few times since and now getting this problem constantly. From all the testing and reading I've been doing, it appears it is the windows version.

Did a full wipe and clean install of win 10 1709 but I see that's listed as having issues.

Will do another clean install back to 1507 and test and if still then back to win 8.1 then if present win 7, not that I think I'll need to.

Mixer has sat mostly unused in airconditioned apartment and spun vinyl with it mostly.

It seems like Rane just need to write a new driver for the newer win 10 versions but this seems unlikely to happen due to length of the problem.

This will lose me as a customer and I'll probably go by an S9 instead.
r3k0 2:04 AM - 13 November, 2018
There is a new beta driver for it mate, save your time with all the reinstalling and try that, its on Rane website in 62 section. People are reporting that it has sorted the issue.

Keep the 62 and dont be buying no Pioneer plastic toys.
khy 4:47 PM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:
There is a new beta driver for it mate, save your time with all the reinstalling and try that, its on Rane website in 62 section.

funny, that's the first thing I looked for and didn't see it dj.rane.com

still don't see it searching the site, can you share the link?

Not seen anyone reporting using this driver or having any success.
r3k0 4:52 PM - 13 November, 2018
This thread is full of people who are running it?

and the Beta 2.0 driver is in the 62 download section?

dj.rane.com

Good Luck mate ;)
khy 5:00 PM - 13 November, 2018
found it! dj.rane.com
khy 1:16 AM - 14 November, 2018
6 hours and going strong! Gonna leave it overnight and check tomorrow
khy 4:49 AM - 14 November, 2018
Quote:
Even if they dont fix it, check this out, looks amazing, not sure if you use the mixer in analogue mode or not. Looks awesome either way.
www.phase-project.com

cant wait for phase. says it uses the line
khy 2:59 PM - 14 November, 2018
ran about 14 hours without the issue before serato crashed
DJSEND!T 10:03 PM - 14 November, 2018
So glad I found this discussion. I feel like I have 20 new friends.

Same shit has happened to me at live performances, Distorted Audio Drop Out, so absolutely loud the ladies would scream.

Serato pushed me to Rane.

Rane is not providing any solution to the problem with Rane products and Windows 10 Distorted Audio Drop Out. Rane had no solutions, and didn't mention the Beta driver.Their response is to buy a Mac. Umm, I think I will sell everything Rane and buy something else. Lol

Anyway, does anyone have any updates solutions to the issues related to the Distorted Audio Drop out caused between Serato DJ Pro, Windows 10 and Rane 62, SL2, SL3, SL4, etc?

Any solutions?

Here is what I am hearing:
1. Download the Beta Driver
2. Up the Buffer to 25 (it was at 5ms, not at 10ms)

Thx for the feedback.
khy 6:40 AM - 16 November, 2018
Thought I had cracked this but foolishly let windows update and then as soon as I tested got the issue.

This was with Win 10.16299.785 / 1709

Now trying with win 10.17134.407 / 1803

From memory did not have this issue with 1507 / win 10.10240.18036
khy 7:01 AM - 16 November, 2018
if you guys who've had success with the beta drivers can please share your windows versions, that would be helpful.

go to > start > type cmd > press enter - you will get a black command window with your version number at top

start > type msinfo > enter - give the version also
MeeHow 8:01 PM - 20 November, 2018
looks good on Win10 1803 with buffer over 20
DJ LUKE S 8:57 PM - 20 November, 2018
Works for me now. Had no more white noise since the new patch.
DJSEND!T 7:13 AM - 21 November, 2018
WINDOWS 10: Home
Version: 1803
Installed on: 5/16/18
OS Build: 17134.345

Downloaded the Beta. So far, 6 hours in and no issues. Also, I went through all the Windows performance recommendations on both the Serato and Rane sites, In addition, I paused One Drive and turned the computer to Airport mode while Sertao is open. I think that might help to.
Kranky 4:25 AM - 9 December, 2018
Just tried the beta, unfortunately no good, crazy white noise within 10 minutes. :(
DJSEND!T 11:10 PM - 10 December, 2018
The beta worked for me. I played a few gigs since downloading it, and all good so far.

Contact Corey Sherman at inMusic brands (Rane), Lead - Technical Support & Return Authorizations. He can help.
tomba088 11:24 PM - 10 December, 2018
Quote:
Just tried the beta, unfortunately no good, crazy white noise within 10 minutes. :(

Some people get the noise and some people dont....sounds like hardware issue to me
Kranky 11:26 PM - 10 December, 2018
Emailed Corey Sherman again just now... for whatever its worth.
DJ Intrigue 12:14 AM - 11 December, 2018
Ya, I use to have an old 62. But as my career progressed (steadily on the incline with duties and financials), technology progressed, and Rane's design and manufacturing improved I schlepped that old dinosaur of a mixer and got with the times.

The 62 just isn't the 72, its just not even close. I am surprised you old chaps still receive support for that old piece of hardware.
YZ 4:41 PM - 11 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Some people get the noise and some people dont....sounds like hardware issue to me

Lol, on the way to a gig... that's gotta be an awesome feeling to have.
DJSEND!T 2:24 AM - 12 December, 2018
Lol!! Too bad none of us can ditch the old faithful Scratch Live.
Kranky 5:51 AM - 12 December, 2018
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to me.

There has been only one reported case where the driver did not solve the problem. After investigation, we found that the user was not experiencing the same behavior and thus his problem was not the driver.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior, we’ll need to try installing the driver again. Please remove all Rane Sixty-Two drivers from your operating system, re-download and re-install the Rane Sixty-Two v2.0.0 Beta driver:

Sixty-Two Windows Driver v2.0.0 (BETA)

If you can provide any additional data on what you are currently experiencing and if it has changed since your initial inquiry, that would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Corey Sherman
Kranky 5:52 AM - 12 December, 2018
*SIGH*
Kranky 11:32 AM - 6 January, 2019
Tried again just now... ear bleeding within 10 minutes using Sixty-Two Windows Driver v2.0.0 (BETA)...
tomba088 12:46 PM - 6 January, 2019
This is a hardware problem. What a joke of a company.
tomba088 10:55 PM - 12 January, 2019
thats it, Selling mine to a mac user, never EVER buying Rane product again. Good luck everyone, don't be holding your breaths for a driver that will fix this problem.
DJ Tecniq 1:10 AM - 13 January, 2019
Quote:
thats it, Selling mine to a mac user, never EVER buying Rane product again. Good luck everyone, don't be holding your breaths for a driver that will fix this problem.
Good idea. I’m a Pioneer guy never really liked Rane products. Pioneer drivers work great dunno why Rane has to make things complicated it’s like they lose support on older mixers and say screw you go buy our new hardware...tough nuggets.
r3k0 1:13 AM - 13 January, 2019
Plastic pioneer poop!
tomba088 1:14 AM - 13 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Good idea. I’m a Pioneer guy never really liked Rane products. Pioneer drivers work great dunno why Rane has to make things complicated it’s like they lose support on older mixers and say screw you go buy our new hardware...tough nuggets.

Exactly......I have plenty other hardware that receives multiple updates in a year. Rane 64 hasn't had one since 2015.
tomba088 1:15 AM - 13 January, 2019
Quote:
Plastic pioneer poop!

I was thinking Allan and heath Xone, but fair enough.
DJ Tecniq 2:01 AM - 13 January, 2019
Quote:
Plastic pioneer poop!
Oh hi Apptida nice to see you again🤣
khy 10:25 PM - 13 March, 2019
Beta driver resolved issue for me, Rane 62, Win 10
troll5501 2:16 AM - 27 March, 2019
For those of you using the v2.0.0 beta driver, is the auto-BPM working for the 62 hardware effects? My BPM is just stuck at one value and does not change based on the tempo of the loaded/playing track. I'm using Windows 10 build 1803.

Everything works fine in SL (and has for years) with my old laptop (pre Windows 10).

I'm still on 62 firmware 2.21 but I'm nervous about breaking a rock-solid SL setup by upgrading the firmware.

Thanks in advance!
troll5501 2:34 AM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
For those of you using the v2.0.0 beta driver, is the auto-BPM working for the 62 hardware effects? My BPM is just stuck at one value and does not change based on the tempo of the loaded/playing track. I'm using Windows 10 build 1803.

Forgot to mention, I'm testing with Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1.
khy 12:41 AM - 2 April, 2019
hmm, I should have recorded what version of win 10 I was using.

New SSD, fresh win 10 1803 install, get the feedback loop pretty soon.

Install the 2.0 driver, serato dj pro fails to load, on both latest 2.1.1 and 2.0.5
khy 12:54 AM - 2 April, 2019
or if no error message, fails to connect at all, either with or without, connecting message
khy 12:55 AM - 2 April, 2019
had it rock solid before, so will install older version, test and advise working config when complete.
khy 4:26 AM - 2 April, 2019
current working config

rane 62

2.0 beta driver

win 10.0.17763 build 17763

serato dj pro 2.0.0 (200577)

newer versions 2.5 and up all had issues.

uninstalled all rane drivers, uninstalled serato, reboot, installed serato 2.0, installed rane beta driver 2.0, allowed all crates to populate, connected rane 62, working, no issues so far but only 1.5 hours in.
khy 4:37 AM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:

Everything works fine in SL (and has for years) with my old laptop (pre Windows 10).

I'm still on 62 firmware 2.21 but I'm nervous about breaking a rock-solid SL setup by upgrading the firmware.

Thanks in advance!

nope not working for me but never noticed if it ever did. this issue is not resolved by firmware though, it's the windows driver.
khy 1:12 PM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
current working config

rane 62

2.0 beta driver

uninstalled all rane drivers, uninstalled serato, reboot, installed serato 2.0, installed rane beta driver 2.0, allowed all crates to populate, connected rane 62, working, no issues so far but only 1.5 hours in.

10 hours straight no issues
YZ 4:22 PM - 2 April, 2019
holy shit guys, just buy a mac already for christ sakes
r3k0 4:39 PM - 2 April, 2019
Stick ya mac up ya arse ;-)

Just get a 72 :-D
YZ 7:28 PM - 2 April, 2019
I have a 72... and what the hell did you do to your mixer? That looks terrible.
r3k0 7:43 PM - 2 April, 2019
Haha, well you have zero taste obvs (this is also obvs cos you own a mac as well) damn sheeple :rolleyes:

;-)
MeeHow 4:09 PM - 3 April, 2019
Dat Dustin or Justin thing looks like poop...
just saying...
r3k0 4:10 PM - 3 April, 2019
Ya momma :x
YZ 4:15 PM - 3 April, 2019
That
Quote:
Dat Dustin or Justin thing looks like poop...
just saying...

Dustin's 62 just gave me eye damage.
r3k0 4:19 PM - 3 April, 2019
Your eyes are weak, just like your style ;-)

62?
Kranky 3:29 AM - 11 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
current working config

rane 62

2.0 beta driver

Any update Khy?
MeeHow 2:24 PM - 11 April, 2019
Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.437
Seems to be stable after 6 hour session,
beepboop 12:28 PM - 12 April, 2019
Rane 68 here!

I’ve found that it only happens when running other software than scratch live!

I’ve tried SDJ, Traktor, And VDJ. They all have the white noise.

I’m running a 2015 15” MacBook Pro w windows 10 dual booted w High Sierra.
Kranky 10:40 PM - 14 April, 2019
It's been years now and this problem still isn't resolved. Even with the new drivers I have no luck with either Windows 10 or Windows 8.1...

I've given up on both of those and just installed Windows 7 SP1 to try...
Despo 6:35 PM - 15 May, 2019
I have 2 macbooks. My younger brother got a windows 10 laptop and I thought I'd test serato to see if windows is a viable alternative.

So I set it up, first 10 mins went fine and I was surprised serato was running smooth until my 62 blew up in my ears.

Why is this a thing since 2017?! Fix the drivers already JESUS IMAGINE PLAYING ON A CLUB SYSTEM AND THIS HAPPENING JUST AEIGHIEGHFAIHFAIJFIWFIAEFAPAHEIWFHAIPEGHAIPHGPAEHGIAHGIAHGIPAHGIAHGIPA
EHGPIHAGIPHEAPIHGIPEGHPIAEHGIAHEGIPAHEPIHGIPEAHGIPEHGIPAHEIGHAEIHGIPEH
G
ALL OF A SUDDEN
Despo 6:47 PM - 15 May, 2019
Quote:
Did you try the latest BETA drivers on their RANE webpage?

I agree its ridiculous that attention is not given to this specific issue to fully fix it. Yes the Rane62 is an older mixer but the issue has been happening forever! Likely even when it was supported.

Might even happen on the Rane72 🤷🏽‍♂️

No, I just installed serato and the driver that comes with 2.5, I might try later
Mr. Goodkat 6:54 PM - 15 May, 2019
had 2 62s in the last 5 years and never had the problem on either, probably played 3-400 gigs with them. used at home as well. not one problem.
Despo 7:02 PM - 15 May, 2019
Quote:
had 2 62s in the last 5 years and never had the problem on either, probably played 3-400 gigs with them. used at home as well. not one problem.

yeah on mac it was fine for me aswell the last few years, just tried it on win. You using win? that's not entirely clear from your post
YZ 7:03 PM - 15 May, 2019
I had the 62 since Day 1 up until Rane 72 Day 1 and never had this problem either. The introduction of new drivers, new software updates to support all the garbage controllers compounds the issue making troubleshooting virtually impossible... Serato will just wait to say the words, "not supported." Update your mixer or good luck. They pushed us out of the 57SL too remember?
DJ Todd Anthony 6:32 PM - 21 June, 2019
Hello all, I been using Serato since 2006 with the 57 (sold) and have several old threads about the large library issue back in the day. I own the 62 since 2012. My wife underwent surgery in 2014 many followed thru 2018 I stopped mobile DJ'n. I decided to do a best friend graduation party a week ago. I updated my music library (4 months of sorting) using an i7 laptop, upgraded to win10 and upgraded Sreato1.9.2 to 2.1.1. I practiced for an hour on location and that white noise flooded my powered QSC's, I rebooted mixer white noise went away. I performed live that white noise happened 4x's more and crashed Sreato 2.1.1 twice on win10. I am a tech so I know how to troubleshoot. My lappy is not a p.o.s., It's an i7 quad 2.8Ghz, 500gb SSD boot, 16G ram, 4TB external (1.6gb used), 4 usb 3.0, 17" lcd. Its not the laptop, mixer, cables, ram, hdd or anything else connected. It's definitely the Rane 62 driver with windows 10. I have win10 and win7 imaged on an external hard drive. I re-imaged back to win7 updated to Serato 2.1.2 and have been testing it for days with no problems. I am considering purchasing a Mac because win7 support ends Jan 2020. I'm sure Rane 62 support on windows (NOT MAC ) will end as well (or that gives them an excuse). I have played with the 72 and its just not my time to upgrade yet. Windows 7 it is until support ends, then off to mac I go. End of story..
MeeHow 5:16 PM - 24 June, 2019
2.0.5 is most stable for Win10 Rane62 DVS - read other thread about it,
using it for months-no issues with white noise... newer version suxx. About to try 2.2 Beta this week..
Masta Bene 5:55 AM - 13 July, 2019
I totally agree with Anthony !
Waiting for a fk'n Fix for more than one year ;-)
@Rane/Serato: I'm not your Beta-Tester!! (Win7 works!)
PS: Rane drivers are just pieces of b-sh!t.
Serato was also not able to make some pressure on the issue!
Have fun with your mac! End of story.
khy 6:33 PM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any update Khy?

sorry forgot to check back in, was all good after that and I have upgraded serato version a couple of times.
G.E.Oh 11:26 AM - 18 September, 2019
I've been experiencing the same full volume white noise issue, but with the Rane Sixty One. Almost wet my pants every time. Unreal that there appears to be no fix for this.
khy 5:14 PM - 23 September, 2019
beta driver works
Kranky 10:11 PM - 21 October, 2019
Re-installing with Windows 7 is the only real fix I ever found for this issue. Highly annoying, and Win7 support ends soon...
Masta Bene 2:17 AM - 22 January, 2020
True, Win7 works, but only with old Serato versions 1.9.x.

(@RANE/Serato: Early Win10 versions worked as well, until Feb. 2018 !)

==============================================================
NOTE: The new Beta-Driver 2.0.0 DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM !!! (same failure)
==============================================================
---
I've tried to sold my Rane62... (Jan. 2020)
Unfortunately... a Win10-User ! ;-)

System: brand-new Laptop (Lenovo i7) with Win10.
- Installed new Beta-Driver 2.0.0 for Rane62.
- Start Serato...
- Noise-Crash within 2 minutes !
- Reboot
- Start Serato...
- Same problem again in < 2 minutes !!!
---

Question:
Anybody tested the 'new' Rane72-Mixer with a "Win10" system, that fails with a Rane62-Mixer ?
Kranky 2:22 AM - 22 January, 2020
Confirming also that Beta Driver 2.0.0 never fixed the issue for me with Windows 10...

I've had no issues whatsoever with the Rane 62 and Windows 7 since returning to it 6 months ago, however now MS has officially stopped supporting Windows 7 *SIGH*.
DJSEND!T 4:32 PM - 22 January, 2020
- Maximize PC performance for Windows in located on Serato website
- Download Beta Driver
*******Pause your One Drive
*******Turn computer to Airplane mode

I think it's One Drive trying to sync files in the background the disrupts the connection and defaults to the White Noise.

No issues when these steps taken.

It did happen a couple months ago during set up, but during gig with OneDrive turned off or paused, nonissue

It's a nightmare for sure. It happens to me twice during live gigs, super embarrassing.
dj.mist 9:55 AM - 17 February, 2021
Hi there,

having the same problem (random noise / full level ) . It occurring randomly with my Sixty four (Win 10). Downgraded to Win 8 and the faults decreased significantly. I found out that the issue is not happening while connected to power supply. But recently it happened again. (even while connected to the pow. supply) Luckily it was at home at very low output level. I really d like to keep the mixer, cause i really got use to the workflow it offer and the overal quality is very good. I v been using the laptop for just a couple of months thats why i try to find solution before i get rid of it. I m not very familiar wit Mac anyway , so thats why i started think about to downgrade to Win 7 64 bit at my laptop.

Is there anyone who has had this issue with Rane 64, 62 under Win 7?. On in other words Is Win 7 safe ?

The laptop is deditaded to Serato only. I do not run other programs on it

Thanks.

*Contacted Rane support several times, not very helpfull about old products. In fact i haven got reply at all.

my computer specs : Dell lattitude 7250, I5, SSD 500 GB, 16 GB RAM
dj.mist 3:37 PM - 17 February, 2021
Hi,
the beta drivers has been launched just for model Sixty two, i guess. I have Sixty-four. Rane has made nothing about drivers for this model.

Regarding Win 7 i haven´t tried yet. But before I put my effort to remove Win 8 and will make new installation (and optimizing the computer) a just wanted to find out if Win 7 works fine.

The other thing is that l very likely will lose the possibility to upgrade versions of Serato above 2.3.2. But doesn´ matter. I do not need new features and would only be happy to have reliable hardware.

If there are no reports for 62 am assuming there might be the same for 64 model.

On my actual setup with Win 8 i also wil consider steps which DJSEND!T recommended above (******Pause your One Drive, *******Turn computer to Airplane mode).

Thanks
DJ Ray Boston 9:12 PM - 11 March, 2021
This is happening still on the 62 with win 10, i've tried two win 10 builds, the latest and one from last year and all the serato drivers available seem to do this, the latest driver does not let the 62 connect. Currently trying driver 2.2.2f2 and so far ok, but i don't trust it. seemed good for a while on another driver but when i went back a couple hours later the static was back.
Masta Bene 9:53 PM - 8 April, 2021
True, as already mentioned: Works well with "Win7", but only with old Serato versions 1.9.x.
I successfully used my "old" PC (offline, due to security reasons ;-) for a 4-hours live-stream recorded with another system.
(Probably you could also setup a Dual-Boot system with Win10 + Win7.. but not recommended)
Sad there are no new updates by Rane. (still only beta-driver)
Masta Bene 10:27 PM - 8 April, 2021
@Ray: "trying driver 2.2.2f2 and so far ok"... ??
PS: I only see "Sixty-Two ASIO Drivers for Windows (64 bit) v1.2.1f2" on the Rane site.
Note: That is only the "ASIO Driver".. (not USB-Driver!)
Latest driver is still: "Sixty-Two Windows 10 Driver (BETA) v2.0.0" which doesn't work !
DJ Todd Anthony 11:49 PM - 8 April, 2021
Forgive me, I bought a macbook pro.... Gave in :( Issue solved...
DJ Tecniq 4:04 AM - 9 April, 2021
Quote:
Forgive me, I bought a macbook pro.... Gave in :( Issue solved...
Now you know why there’s so many Mac fanboys😉
Masta Bene 4:33 AM - 9 April, 2021
Forgiven! But you're at the wrong forum...
(It's already known since years that Mac fanboys* like their systems.)
Keep rock'in on and choose another forum for advertising...
Peace !
DJ Todd Anthony 1:31 PM - 10 April, 2021
Don't get me wrong, were talking like a week or two. 62 will run on mac. Had to make a choice, couple grand to upgrade new mixer or mac. See my point.. I was forced, I'm still a windows man..
DJ Todd Anthony 1:43 PM - 10 April, 2021
Oh an $400 used mint condition 2013 model 16GB ram, 500gb hard drive. I had to try it, never used one ever.
DJ Todd Anthony 1:49 PM - 10 April, 2021
Also by the way it looks, I think the software is written for mac at first. Why else would quicktime need to be installed on windows platform. Were like the the red headed step child, sloppy 2nds..
KC1 7:00 PM - 11 April, 2021
Yawn.
Masta Bene 11:03 AM - 3 May, 2021
Yup! However, it's for sure a low level problem: e.g. USB driver in Win10 and/or incompatible firmware at the Mixer. (Quicktime is higher level and would then also cause problems with other Rane-HW).
Cheers!
Masta Bene 12:32 PM - 3 May, 2021
PS: I've also tested my Rane62 with two connected systems (USB A+B) at the same time.

1. Win7 + Mac?? >> works fine.
2. Win7 + Win10 >> while Win10 failed!, the other Win7 still worked fine. (just switched back mixer channels)

Conclusion: "Win10 and Rane62 USB-Drivers" cause the problem!
Greets!
socialal 5:18 AM - 26 May, 2021
Late chime in on this: This is and had been a known issue with Serato DJ Pro and Win 10 that neither party seems to want to fix. Tech support basically told me I was crazy because they couldnt replicate the issue.
If you switch back to the unsupported Scratch Live its a non issue, everything works perfectly and theres no worries about random full volume static. Which kinda seems to point the finger directly at some change from Scratch Live to DJ Pro. wouldnt think it would be that difficult to figure out, but I guess it is. Main reason why Im still on scratch live
Despo 5:06 PM - 26 May, 2021
This issue is actually dangerous, the loud noise can damage your ears or speakers. God forbid it happens on a big system. I really wonder why they wouldn't fix it, if someone gets hurt it might end in a lawsuit
DJ Tecniq 7:57 PM - 26 May, 2021
Will never trust Rane because of this. Pioneer always gets it right with driver updates. Rane has consistently failed to do so. Big reason I’m not a Rane fanboy. Truth hurts!
DJ Tecniq 11:41 PM - 26 May, 2021
Quote:
I had to make the switch over to a MacBook because of this issue and since then I've had basically no problems with Serato.
Good to hear. Serato was written on a Mac it’s a smart move. I cannot stand Windows nor do i understand why ppl use them. It is a shit OS very fragile. Truth 🤷🏼‍♂️
socialal 4:47 AM - 27 May, 2021
Right, some of us are too broke to shell out macbook money
DJ Tecniq 5:31 AM - 27 May, 2021
Quote:
Right, some of us are too broke to shell out macbook money
Not a good excuse any 2012 and up Mac will run Serato perfectly fine for cheap.
Masta Bene 2:21 AM - 8 February, 2022
Good Luck!

Since the new Serato DJ 2.5.8 version, also the brilliant Rane-SL4 device is not supported anymore, but still works very well also with Windows 10 !!! (Note: for Mac-OS not supported as well ;-)

I'm switching now to Pioneer DJ hardware... (Made in Japan! ;-)
Greets!
GRoD B 2:16 PM - 9 February, 2022
I skipped all the way to the end of this thread to say:
My 62 did the same thing on Windows, but ran flawlessly on my Mac.
Same PC now runs my S7 with no issues. It was something with the Rane driver and Windows 10 not liking each other.
YZ 12:35 AM - 22 February, 2022
#1 who the f is using a rane 62 in 2022
#2 why Windows, it's known trash and random crap fails all the time and has been since 2012
#3 it's unsupported so what did you expect?

You guys lol.
DjSamOmol 9:45 AM - 8 March, 2022
Quote:
#1 who the f is using a rane 62 in 2022
#2 why Windows, it's known trash and random crap fails all the time and has been since 2012
#3 it's unsupported so what did you expect?

You guys lol.

#1 not all DJs get to upgrade at the same pace, some can't afford the latest gear yet. We just emerging from a pandemic where many in this industry suffered income loss. Do u buy a rane 72 or do u feed ur family??
#2 if windows was so bad for DJing, serato would have already shelved it and made it mac only (like MixEmergency) so this is a rane driver issue,not a windows issue. Lots of other hardware work well on windows
#3 this problem started even before support ended, so no excuse there.
emiliano65@hotmail.com 7:35 AM - 24 March, 2022
I’ll never use a 62 with serato pro at a live gig on windows 10 ever again. At home it’s cool for practice. But that hear damage is no joke. U can blow out your speakers and everyone’s ears. Not worth the risk. If I’m gonna do a live gig with my 62, then I’ll only use scratch live. Still works flawless with scratch live. Never had an issue once at a live gig with scratch live. Same goes for the 61.
DJ STU-C 7:50 AM - 24 March, 2022
95% of the worlds computers are Windows based so dismissing it as junk is quite naive.

That said I’ve completely ditched Serato for any kind of work now and will only use it in the house, even then im going to seriously look at Traktor with one of their sound cards if there isn’t some resolution to this sound card issue soon. It’s all well and good keeping my Mac on old OS but eventually the other software I use will need the OS updating and why should the pathetic hardware support decisions from this company prevent it. The next 9 months until the end of 2022 are the window where I guess most of us DVS users will make this decision.
popnwave 2:39 AM - 25 March, 2022
NAMM is in June, we will probably see a new soundcard interface a week or two before.