DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

White Noise 62

iye95 3:32 PM - 12 February, 2016
Got a 62 yesterday and have the same issue as in the video below:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I have latest version of Serato DJ and latest firmware - i also have increased the usb buffer but this only fixes it temporarily - anyone have any idea how to fix it please? My Laptop is well above the req specs too (running Win10x64).

Thanks in advance,
Jon.
MAMBO920 7:10 AM - 16 February, 2016
I had the same problem so today I sent my rane 62 for service to rane corp.
RAUL
iye95 2:40 PM - 17 February, 2016
Quote:
I had the same problem so today I sent my rane 62 for service to rane corp.
RAUL

OK - I tried Scratch Live instead and it has been fine so not sure if its a software issue - be good to know if a service fixes it!
Jon.
Kranky 11:34 AM - 28 July, 2017
I've been having this exact same problem randomly with my Rane 62 on Windows 10 x64 - randomly kicks into ear bleeding white noise, where the only solution is to switch the mixer on and off. This has also happened to me at a gig on a massive system. Does anyone have the real solution for this? Serato please?
Kranky 11:36 AM - 28 July, 2017
Just to clarify this has been going on for approximately 2 years for me now...
Kranky 9:51 PM - 21 August, 2017
bump! any solution to this issue guys?
Mr. Goodkat 10:00 PM - 21 August, 2017
guess it was a prob with windows 10, check the vid, he says it in the comments
Kranky 10:08 PM - 29 August, 2017
Yep, but I'm looking for a solution besides going back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7...
DJ Reflex 10:15 PM - 29 August, 2017
Quote:
Yep, but I'm looking for a solution besides going back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7...

Windows XP perhaps?
Kranky 11:07 PM - 29 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Windows XP perhaps?

Thanks troll.
tomba088 12:44 AM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:

I had this happen to me on windows 8.1. It's happening now on windows 10, on 2 seperate computers. see my post here:
serato.com
tomba088 7:54 PM - 13 June, 2018
I have been through this with rane. I have given up. They told me they may be working on a driver update but have no confirmed release date or details.
IMO 5hey dont care and it will not be fixed.
They dont see it as their issue, they see it as a windows problem.
You have a PC right?
I see no fix coming tbh.
There was just a version update if windows 10......maybe that will help.......wishful thinking
tomba088 7:57 PM - 13 June, 2018
Most recent email from Sherman at Rane

"Thank you for checking in with me.

I’m afraid I have no updates on this and likely will not receive any updates on progress until there is a solution and/or scheduled update release, assuming that is what the fix will entail.

At present, I have still been unable to recreate this myself. Nevertheless, I can confirm that the Rane DJ team is concerned about the behavior and doing what they can to recreate it and find a solution if they have not already. We continue to communicate with the Rane DJ team on a regular basis, despite reports of the behavior have been few and far between.

I will say we are confident that this is not likely a hardware failure, should you decide to sell the mixer.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions."
tomba088 8:07 PM - 13 June, 2018
Corey Sherman is the guy who I have been told is dealing with the problem we have, that they say they cant recreate. Themselves. Make sure you talk to him if you call.
I believe he is part of this forum actually?
Perhaps if he is he can confirm this.... ?
tomba088 8:11 PM - 13 June, 2018
I have had this this issue on windows 8.1, windows 10 (all versions, although I just today updated to the latest so maybe that will be the miracle we've all been waiting for) serato, ableton and maschine software.
I have had ot happen on 2 different computers.
I have fresh installed windows 10 and had this issue happen with nothing else on my PC but updates.
tomba088 8:11 PM - 13 June, 2018
Here's the thing, if this is a driver issue, then why are so few people getting this problem?
tomba088 6:43 PM - 18 June, 2018
Here it is.
csherman@inmusicbrands.com
Kranky 8:15 PM - 18 June, 2018
I'm still waiting on a resolution to this after 3 1/2 years...

My Rane 62 is basically unused now because I got sick of having this issue ruin my sets (and my ears!)
tomba088 8:20 PM - 18 June, 2018
Quote:
I'm still waiting on a resolution to this after 3 1/2 years...

My Rane 62 is basically unused now because I got sick of having this issue ruin my sets (and my ears!)

Plz email corey Sherman ar rane and let him know your thoughts/problems.
csherman@inmusicbrands.com
Aptidda 6:55 PM - 19 June, 2018
Please stop complaining about your windows PC issues. Trash the 62, add +10 and trash the PC- get a Rane 72 and a Mac. Voila, problem solved.
tomba088 6:57 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Please stop complaining about your windows PC issues. Trash the 62, add +10 and trash the PC- get a Rane 72 and a Mac. Voila, problem solved.

I'll never buy a rane product ever again. And I suggest you dont either.
Aptidda 8:58 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Well it you weren't such a narrow minded fool rocking a PC to use Serato (bound to be a complete failure always has and will be) then sucks for you.

Me be real smarts, me buy nice computer to match my nice gear. You buy poor peasant trash computer and expect it work with your legacy 62 pile of doo doo. You sir, don't deserve to have a Rane and should Pioneer it with that plastic throwaway garbage controllers and mixers they sell.

Byeeeeeee
Kranky 9:13 PM - 19 June, 2018
Well that was a waste of time...

"Thank you for reaching out to me and providing those videos.

Rane DJ is well-aware of this behavior and the response from the community. While the symptom is relegated to a select group of Sixty-Two users, we understand that it has been happening for some time now and suspect that the Windows driver is likely at fault.

I do not have any updates to provide that will resolve the behavior for you now, but I urge you to refer back to our website regularly for any updates. New updates will be posted to the product page as soon as they are available.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Best Regards,

Corey Sherman"
tomba088 9:41 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well it you weren't such a narrow minded fool rocking a PC to use Serato (bound to be a complete failure always has and will be) then sucks for you.

Me be real smarts, me buy nice computer to match my nice gear. You buy poor peasant trash computer and expect it work with your legacy 62 pile of doo doo. You sir, don't deserve to have a Rane and should Pioneer it with that plastic throwaway garbage controllers and mixers they sell.

Byeeeeeee

Bye troll
tomba088 9:48 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Well that was a waste of time...

"Thank you for reaching out to me and providing those videos.

Rane DJ is well-aware of this behavior and the response from the community. While the symptom is relegated to a select group of Sixty-Two users, we understand that it has been happening for some time now and suspect that the Windows driver is likely at fault.

I do not have any updates to provide that will resolve the behavior for you now, but I urge you to refer back to our website regularly for any updates. New updates will be posted to the product page as soon as they are available.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Best Regards,

Corey Sherman"

Yep, standard issue email I'd say. I have a rane 64 and o know others who have 64s have this problem too so already they are not admitting the extent of the problem.
snakeman007 6:42 PM - 15 July, 2018
Just reverted back to win 7 and seems pretty solid so far... Let me spend some time with it and will report back.
YZ 4:19 PM - 16 July, 2018
I honestly don't know how you people have the patience and drive to deal with all these windows issues. The posts of Windows L posts here are spreading like cancer. When will you get it?
ruandelavega 4:28 PM - 5 August, 2018
Hello,
Same problem with my Rane 61.
Tests with WIN10 & WIN8.1

Asus Zenbook UX303LN I5 8Gb

Ok with Scratch Live on WIN8.1
khy 3:06 AM - 14 November, 2018
seems to be a problem with new builds of win 10, but some reported it with 8.1 also. new driver seems to fix it dj.rane.com
DJSEND!T 10:17 PM - 14 November, 2018
So glad I found this discussion. I feel like I have 20 new friends.

Same shit has happened to me at live performances over the last couple years, Distorted Audio Drop Out, so absolutely loud the ladies would scream. The worst was recent at a Halloween event.

Sorry to complain, but I have lost credibility and gigs from key promoters, clubs and even from some of my fellow DJ's because of this issue. Not good!

Anyway, Serato pushed me to Rane.

Rane is not providing any solution to the problem with Rane products and Windows 10 Distorted Audio Drop Out. Rane had no solutions, and didn't mention the Beta driver. Their response is to buy a Mac. Umm, I think I will sell everything Rane and buy something else. Lol

I will hit up csherman@inmusicbrands.com thx!

Anyway, does anyone have any updates solutions?

Here is what I am hearing:
1. Download the Beta Driver
2. Up the Buffer to 25 (it was at 5ms, not at 10ms)

If this doesn't work, good bye Rane. I am not dealing with this anymore which is a bummer because I love my 62, I thought I would keep it forever.

Thx for the feedback.
khy 4:17 PM - 15 November, 2018
I ran my system for 14 hours straight with no issues, until serato itself crashed. ran it another 10 hours last night, no issues.

shut my pc down today and was not awake enough to notice it was set to install updates!

will need to test again post update.
tomba088 10:17 PM - 15 November, 2018
From my experience, I could leave serato running for hours but as soon as I came back to my PC and interacted with it, that was often when the white noise would happen.
DJSEND!T 2:24 AM - 16 November, 2018
Thx guys. Tomba088, are you saying you downloaded the Beta driver and still had issues?

Thx for Corey Sherman's info. He has been very responsive. He sent me the new Beta Driver.

I am going to download tonight and let it run all night, see what happens.

On another note, do you guys have One Drive running in the background,and wifi on? That also can be the issue? It's possible the wifi and OneDrive sync interfers with the connection causing the White Noise / Distrotion Audio Drop Out.
tomba088 2:40 AM - 16 November, 2018
This is with my rane 64 and the old.driver
khy 4:25 AM - 2 April, 2019
got it working, for got to update you all here, then got a new hard drive and same issues all over again.

current working config

rane 62

2.0 beta driver

win 10.0.17763 build 17763

serato dj pro 2.0.0 (200577)

newer versions 2.5 and up all had issues.

uninstalled all rane drivers, uninstalled serato, reboot, installed serato 2.0, in stalled rane beat driver 2.0, allowed all crates to populate, connected rane 62, working, no issues so far but only 1.5 hours in.
tomba088 4:27 AM - 2 April, 2019
RANE are a joke.
khy 4:56 AM - 2 April, 2019
had a 57 no issues, mate had the 52, no issues, i only got this issue with the 62 with win 10 and newer versions of serato, so it seems they, like every other electronic and IT manufacturer stick to the standard model or no support or development after 7 years, annoying but fairly standard. props to those companies who do provide continued support. at least Rane created the new driver, based on feedback from customers. I'd probably buy the 72 if i ever needed to but imagine they'll have a new one by then as this is pretty roc solid for my needs once i sorted out that issue.

and the rane 12's looking nice too.

now if you said that about inmusic i'd understand. I mean inmusic owns rane too, as well as denon, denon dj and numark, and i don't know anyone who uses numark and my experience with denon was less than satisfactory,more problems with the at the time flagship $1500 controller mcx8000 than with a cheap $300 hercules, which is still one of the best controllers i've used, although that had it's own issues that my mate solved by using a higher rated power adapter.

next looking at mixars primo and they seem to have a decent rep.

but pretty much all electronics have firmware these days, and all will fail and all will be unsupported eventually.

welcome to capitalism.
khy 1:12 PM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
got it working, for got to update you all here, then got a new hard drive and same issues all over again.

current working config

rane 62

2.0 beta driver

win 10.0.17763 build 17763

serato dj pro 2.0.0 (200577)

newer versions 2.5 and up all had issues.

uninstalled all rane drivers, uninstalled serato, reboot, installed serato 2.0, in stalled rane beat driver 2.0, allowed all crates to populate, connected rane 62, working, no issues so far but only 1.5 hours in.

10 hours straight no issues
troll5501 10:40 PM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
10 hours straight no issues

Can you (or anyone else using the new driver) tell me if your auto-BPM is working in the 62 effects section? I've been testing the 2.0.0 driver but the BPM never changes based on the tempo of the track. If I downgrade to the old driver, the BPM works fine (and without even restarting the mixer).

Thanks!
Culprit 11:53 PM - 3 April, 2019
your using the recently released rane drivers right?

dj.rane.com
troll5501 5:44 PM - 4 April, 2019
Quote:
your using the recently released rane drivers right?

Yep, and Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1. The problem occurs on both Windows 10 1803 and 1809 releases.
DJ Todd Anthony 6:46 PM - 21 June, 2019
Hello all, I been using Serato since 2006 with the 57 (sold) and have several old threads about the large library issue back in the day. I own the 62 since 2012. My wife underwent surgery in 2014 many followed thru 2018 I stopped mobile DJ'n. I decided to do a best friend graduation party a week ago. I updated my music library (4 months of sorting) using an i7 laptop, upgraded to win10 and upgraded Sreato1.9.2 to 2.1.1. I practiced for an hour on location and that white noise flooded my powered QSC's, I rebooted mixer white noise went away. I performed live that white noise happened 4x's more and crashed Sreato 2.1.1 twice on win10. I am a tech so I know how to troubleshoot. My lappy is not a p.o.s., It's an i7 quad 2.8Ghz, 500gb SSD boot, 16G ram, 4TB external (1.6gb used), 4 usb 3.0, 17" lcd. Its not the laptop, mixer, cables, ram, hdd or anything else connected. It's definitely the Rane 62 driver with windows 10. I have win10 and win7 imaged on an external hard drive. I re-imaged back to win7 updated to Serato 2.1.2 and have been testing it for days with no problems. I am considering purchasing a Mac because win7 support ends Jan 2020. I'm sure Rane 62 support on windows (NOT MAC ) will end as well (or that gives them an excuse). I have played with the 72 and its just not my time to upgrade yet. Windows 7 it is until support ends, then off to mac I go. End of story..

(I posted this in other chat as well about hearing loss)
Culprit 7:46 PM - 21 June, 2019
Hey Todd,

I recommend if your only doing audio, not video mixing, just to buy an old refurbished 2012 13" Macbook Pro.

The issue is mainly the drivers and I have also had mixed results. Some Windows 10 Laptops work great, some give me the white noise, and I have not been able to successfully pin down what is different about the laptops vs the rane mixer outputting the white noise. Has to be a driver issue and how sensitive it is working per laptop.

I do note that I have particular success with older laptops loaded with Windows 10 vs newer laptops.
Kev The Deejay 7:50 PM - 21 June, 2019
First Of All ive always Been A windows Fan (Used windows since 2000 )And Swore That id Never Use A Mac Until i Die.but One year ago i switched to Mac Os because i wanted to try Inklen`s Mixemergency Which is only available for Mac OS,Just last week i was Deejaying at a gig with my Macbook Pro and after playing for for hours with my brand new rane 62 i was tired so I had to switch over with another Dj using the second USB port on the mixer ,guess what as soon as i switched to the other laptop running windows 10 all that came out was shrieking white noise good thing i was just cueing his laptop through the headphones ,meanwhile my macbook was still playing perfectly,we tried rebooting the other laptop,reinstaling drivers ,even switched to scratch live from serato dj pro nothing changed it still gave that white noise from the windows laptop we never managed to get the windows laptop working Ever,i had to play the rest of the night .....

Moral of the story,it probably would be a good Idea To use Serato On a mac computer since it is obvious it was designed on a Mac And Ported over to Windows Hence there will always be 1 milion and one bugs on windows and no mater how hard working and dedicaed the developers are at supporting windows ,things will never wrk as great as they do on Mac ,So If you have to have a windows PC just get A Mac and use boot Camp to instal windows ,you can use windows for other tasks And boot into mac for Deejaying
Culprit 7:52 PM - 21 June, 2019
dj.rane.com

It looks like Rane is working on a beta 3.0 driver for the rane 62 so they have not given up on the issue.
DJ Todd Anthony 8:47 PM - 21 June, 2019
Good to know on drivers Kev.. @Culprit, Yes a mac 2012 mid or late i7 2.6Ghz quad I was going to purchase due to being totally up-gradable unlike current macs where on the logic board everything is soldiered.. I been doing my homework...
DJ Todd Anthony 8:55 PM - 21 June, 2019
Oh sorry I got the messages crossed... Thnx Kev, I am getting a mac.. I have 2 weddings coming up don't need any issues..
Culprit 9:12 PM - 21 June, 2019
Quote:
Oh sorry I got the messages crossed... Thnx Kev, I am getting a mac.. I have 2 weddings coming up don't need any issues..

www.newegg.com
DJ Todd Anthony 10:50 PM - 21 June, 2019
@Culprit I'm going 15" mac. Thanks for the link though :) I didn't consider new egg, tiger direct, amazon etc.. was looking at Ebay, offer up, let it go...
@ DJ liquid I called in music today, sad but true I had it saved under "Rane, Shawn" ext 1035... been 6+ yrs since I called. Jason spoke, I informed about white noise and 62 support with drivers he was unsure if older equipment would still be supported in near future.
The only true difference from then till now was back in the old day legacy ttm57 USB 1.0 discontinued, everything 2.0 came out and you had no choice but to switch over. I don't know what the deciding factor will ever be with the 62, its still a beast fully loaded.
DJ Todd Anthony 11:46 PM - 21 June, 2019
I have an idea, why not ask a moderator Shawn, Rapheil, Sam, Zach if its still supported with the following questions. When is 62 EOL like all Microsoft OS.. In my eyes it's still ongoing supported. Is their a perfered OS for it, Mac or win7, 8,10? Someone has to talk to the netherland folk and put it to rest already....
Culprit 4:01 AM - 22 June, 2019
i.imgur.com

Posted 3 Days Ago According to Google. Very good news!
DJ Todd Anthony 1:50 PM - 22 June, 2019
Sweet... It won't be long they're working on a driver solution :)

Thomas Edison: Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
DJdRAN 4:26 PM - 9 July, 2019
i have a dell XPS 2018 version (9570)

i get white noise with the following setup.

Hardware:
Intel i7
1TB SSD nvme hard drive
32GB ram

Windows 10 pro v1809
Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2 and Serato DJ Pro 2.0.5
Latest Dell Bios
Rane 62 2.0 beta drivers

I get the same issues with white noise. I think ive narrowed it down to the DPS latency which is a known issue with the DELL XPS (but other laptops aswell).

here's the link for more details: www.notebookcheck.net

I would suggest you guys run LatencyMon on your computer to see if it is indeed a latency issue.

In my case, when i run LatencyMon and the latency spikes, thats usually when the whitenoise kicks in (in my case, it spikes when anything when there is changes to power - ie: adjust screen brightness or adjust keyboard backlit lights).

im not offering a resolution, but just some insight on what might be causing the problem.
Culprit 9:13 PM - 9 July, 2019
Culprit 9:13 PM - 9 July, 2019
www.thewindowsclub.com

Can you try this and report back
Thomasd31 3:14 AM - 12 July, 2019
Quote:
i have a dell XPS 2018 version (9570)

i get white noise with the following setup.

Hardware:
Intel i7
1TB SSD nvme hard drive
32GB ram

Windows 10 pro v1809
Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2 and Serato DJ Pro 2.0.5
Latest Dell Bios
Rane 62 2.0 beta drivers

I get the same issues with white noise. I think ive narrowed it down to the DPS latency which is a known issue with the DELL XPS (but other laptops aswell).

here's the link for more details: www.notebookcheck.net

I would suggest you guys run LatencyMon on your computer to see if it is indeed a latency issue.

In my case, when i run LatencyMon and the latency spikes, thats usually when the whitenoise kicks in (in my case [url=www.comparateur-dependance-senior.com]Douche plain-pied[/url], it spikes when anything when there is changes to power - ie: adjust screen brightness or adjust keyboard backlit lights).

im not offering a resolution, but just some insight on what might be causing the problem.

Me too I happen to proceed with this method but it is rare.
notorioushanz 11:50 AM - 1 August, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have this issue on Rane Sixty-One. Is there a beta driver for this model?

Thanks
Culprit 5:51 PM - 1 August, 2019
none that we have seen. please post on the rane forums so maybe they can start working on one.
notorioushanz 8:10 AM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:
none that we have seen. please post on the rane forums so maybe they can start working on one.

Thanks i'll do that then.
DJ G-Rebel 6:24 AM - 25 August, 2019
So why not buying a cheap macbook pro from 2012??? No problems so far. Windows is not an option for djing
notorioushanz 6:25 PM - 26 August, 2019
@DJ G-Rebel give me money and i'll buy one. :-)
I switch to windows because my mpc touch had driver issue for touch display on my mac mini. when it died i switched. Mac are cool but if devs do not support them it makes no difference.
notorioushanz 8:16 PM - 28 August, 2019
So i posted on Rane forum. The admin said that 61 is not officailly supported on windows 10 and their website is wrong about the support. So they gonna fix...the website.lol.

dj.rane.com
Culprit 2:57 AM - 29 August, 2019
It's a long shot and require some work, have you thought about running Mac osx Yosemite in VMware? I'm going to give it a run when I have some down time
notorioushanz 11:50 AM - 29 August, 2019
Hi,

I was thinking of installing linux and running Windows or Macos in a KVM.
If it works for Vmware would mind tell how's the performance?
Culprit 8:03 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Hi,

I was thinking of installing linux and running Windows or Macos in a KVM.
If it works for Vmware would mind tell how's the performance?

I honestly have not had a chance to do it yet. I was waiting for some more successful trials so I have been monitoring different websites for a few years and finally someone posted a good walk through that seems pretty legit

The things to note that when working in the virtual os environment stuff like wifi or internal sound wont work. That doesnt matter once you plug in your sound card though, as long as you got the visual environment and external sound card connected virtually you should be solid.

You would need a rig that has adaptable drivers to the mac environment. There is a few hurdles but still this could accomplish tons on budget with compatible hardware.

www.makeuseof.com
khy 5:13 PM - 23 September, 2019
I think you're just creating more problems and points of failure using VM's. Part of the Mac vs PC debate comes down to the hardware and o/s comparability.
Kranky 10:27 PM - 21 October, 2019
Quote:
i.imgur.com

Posted 3 Days Ago According to Google. Very good news!

I can't get access to that post for some reason, and I'm logged onto the Rane forum.

"You are not authorized to view this forum"

Is there any update on the availability of Beta v3.0.1?
Culprit 10:42 PM - 21 October, 2019
looks like it was restricted. I think its a dead project now that Catalina is released
Kranky 12:42 AM - 22 October, 2019
Bleh :(