Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NEW Numark NS6II Controller

deejdave 9:56 PM - 13 March, 2017
I figured I'd get this one started for Chino............

djworx.com
Chino 10:16 PM - 13 March, 2017
^^^ LOL…I think I'm swearing off inMusic Brand products for now. I'll stick to what I KNOW is stable and reliable- LEGACY Rane & Denon DJ products!

Although, I may move over to the dark side… MAYBE I'll switch over to Pioneer if my MCx8000 keeps acting up!!
deejdave 10:22 PM - 13 March, 2017
LOL Just playing my man :)

Been that bad huh? Not gonna lie I have been thinking over (and over AND OVER) the new Denon hardware but I am going to wait until I have more actual intel from the wild. Laidback Luke's pitch is just not doing it for me LOL. The features are there but I need to know how this will be received. I don't a crap about a popularity contest but in order for this to succeed (Prime as a whole) it needs the backing. If clubs/DJ's don't use something it is destined to fail regardless of how good it is.
Chino 10:37 PM - 13 March, 2017
Yeah, I learned my lesson. I def won't be an early adopter this time around. I need to wait and hear feedback from DJs actually doing weekly gigs with it. Denon hardware is great but their software needs ALOT of improvement!!

You can buy the sc5000 Prime first this time around ; ) I'll wait for your review before I pull the trigger! : )
938MyDJ 10:55 PM - 13 March, 2017
808, Chino... 808, lol!
Chino 11:23 PM - 13 March, 2017
Quote:
808, Chino... 808, lol!

There MAY be a Roland DJ-808 initial review coming soon! I really do like that controller…
deejdave 1:11 AM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
808, Chino... 808, lol!

There MAY be a Roland DJ-808 initial review coming soon! I really do like that controller…

Only if it is based on the first three hours!!!! hehe
deejdave 1:12 AM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
You can buy the sc5000 Prime first this time around ; ) I'll wait for your review before I pull the trigger! : )

I was waiting for YOU!!

I guess we both wait on 938MyDJ then LOL
938MyDJ 3:40 PM - 14 March, 2017
The Prime models looks promising.

But I don't have plan to get them (at least for the time being). I am enjoying my sets now, doing live remixes and still digging the full functionalities of the AIRA line.

So it's your reviews that convince me to grab a set, not mine. LOL!
Chino 1:58 AM - 16 March, 2017
Quote:
Laidback Luke's pitch is just not doing it for me LOL. The features are there but I need to know how this will be received.

I just watched Laidback Luke's Vlog 'Did I sell my soul?' that you were referring to. It feels like a straight commercial for the sc5000 Prime sponsored by Denon DJ (inMusic Brand)??!!

Watchwww.youtube.com

I prefer reviews done by DJs who actually purchase the equipment with their own hard earned $$$. That way you KNOW your getting an honest review whether it's positive or negative. Speaking of which…I'm still waiting on that review @DeejDave!!!!! lol

Back to the Numark NS6II controller….
DJ Tecniq 7:31 AM - 28 July, 2017
So far no has been able to tell me if this is DVS upgradable? I noticed it has the two USB plugs though. Dope unit. This controller is also not featured on Serato's product page either...maybe it will have DVS🤔
DJ Tecniq 7:32 AM - 28 July, 2017
Quote:
LEGACY Rane & Denon DJ products!
But isn't Denon and Numark pretty much the same company (InMusic)
DJ Tecniq 7:34 AM - 28 July, 2017
Whoa! Never mind it is indeed upgrade ready oh snap!😳 serato.com
deejdave 1:48 AM - 29 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
LEGACY Rane & Denon DJ products!
But isn't Denon and Numark pretty much the same company (InMusic)

I think a brush up one the definition of "Legacy" is in order here...............
deejdave 1:49 AM - 29 July, 2017
Here is a hint. These are Serato's Legacy products serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:03 AM - 29 July, 2017
Quote:
Lmao that's good. Scratchlive🙌🏼
deejdave 2:58 AM - 30 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Lmao that's good. Scratchlive🙌🏼

SO you now know what Legacy Denon/Rane hardware is I am hoping? As that was the actual point here.
D Jay Cee 10:50 PM - 27 December, 2017
Funny thing is, no one answered the OPs Request for a review on this equipment. Jeesh.
veggieman 5:09 PM - 31 July, 2018
Why is the discussion titled New NS6II controller?.. I didn't see any discussion on it... Great controller though and great sound card
Mo211 11:47 PM - 5 August, 2018
Just purchased the Ns6ii also, and I’m having the same issues described with the platter becoming unresponsive. Im using the Xlr outputs, so I don’t know what’s going on. I also updated the firmware. Still not any difference.

Has anyone else figured out how to fix this issue? Im already about to throw in the towel and get something else!
veggieman 3:37 AM - 7 August, 2018
I’ve not had any response issowith tge NS6II.. DVS pack works great, but had to learn how to maneuver through the settings to activate it.. I played with my 1200’s and it was very responsive.. Sound card is great.. It’s small and lightweight, so very deceptive.. My other Dj’s that use the big pioneer are looking to get one because they like how well you can maneuver on this controller