Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will Denon SC5000 Prime be midi remapable?

Simmo512 12:58 PM - 7 March, 2017
Although the SC5000 isn't shipping yet and I've yet to see one in the flesh, I'm keen to understood if buttons like Track Skip could be midi remapped in Serato DJ to something else?

I'm guessing Serato have prerelease units in the development labs by now and might be able to answer the question?

Thanks
Ragman 2:49 PM - 7 March, 2017
Seeing as how the SC5000 is not an official Serato hardware, you probably can get a better answer on the Denon forum.

denondjforum.com
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:01 PM - 7 March, 2017
Hey,

The SC5000 will be natively supported in Serato DJ. This means you'll need to use the functions as they are on the unit at this stage.

serato.com

Cheers.
Simmo512 9:05 PM - 7 March, 2017
Thanks Jordan.
dus 6:10 AM - 13 March, 2017
So when is released will it work with serato dj 1.9.6 off the bat....
R-A-C 7:42 AM - 18 April, 2017
and will its soundcard be used or do i still need an sl/2/3/4 (or ds1)?
DJ Trice 12:00 PM - 18 April, 2017
you will still need to use dedicated Serato DJ sound card.
Maybe the Denon mixer will be supported by serato dj club kit ? But only the team can reply to this :-)
DJ Trice 12:08 PM - 18 April, 2017
Answer is here: serato.com

"Available in a future release of Serato DJ, the Denon DJ X1800 will be Serato DJ & DVS Upgrade ready for plug-and-play control of Serato DJ. - See more at: serato.com
R-A-C 3:12 PM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:

too bad, this is way too expensive (and a waste) for just being a midi controller.

i'd really welcome a few standalone (i.e. no all-in-one toys) devices for DJ like the hc5000 worked with itch for example. the club kit is not an option because the mixer is the very thing i wanna choose myself.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:55 AM - 19 April, 2017
Quote:
So when is released will it work with serato dj 1.9.6 off the bat....

No, there will be a new software release for these devices.
J.J. 11:22 PM - 24 April, 2017
Quote:
Maybe the Denon mixer will be supported by serato dj club kit ? But only the team can reply to this :-)

I have never seen a controller or media device that is supported in Serato DJ in which the internal audio card wasn't supported. Where did you read this?

Besides accessories, all hardware is now remapable.*

*Official Serato Accessories do not support remapping at this stage.

*There are some limitations for specific hardware. For specific information on remapping your controller, refer to individual controller quickstart guide.

*Platters, input switches, shift buttons & performance pad mode buttons are not able to be mapped either at this stage.
deejdave 4:35 AM - 25 April, 2017
Quote:
I have never seen a controller or media device that is supported in Serato DJ in which the internal audio card wasn't supported. Where did you read this?

Just a FYI these media players are being directly compared to Pioneer CDJ's and not sure how this could have been missed but not one has had the sound card support by Serato to date..............

Denon is however being vary careful in their wording of the "controller mode" of these players suggesting the sound cards may in fact be supported. Neither entity has thus far stated either way for the record.

HOWEVER............ as seen by an actual Serato rep in this VERY thread

Quote:
The SC5000 will be natively supported in Serato DJ. This means you'll need to use the functions as they are on the unit at this stage.

NOW as we all know it is the OSA's (accessories) that are not mappable while the native controllers and mixers ARE mappable so................. this more or less confirms it will in fact be an OSA which would confirm the audio card will in fact NOT be supported. Just using the facts here..................
J.J. 9:00 PM - 26 April, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea the CDJ's sound card was never supported. CRAZY considering most DJ software do. I figured that is why the CDJ's had those high prices, because it included a Serato license.

And no remapping. Wow. Time to bust out the old MIDI-OX. Better yet, who will spend $1,800 for a MIDI controller. I have no faith in any Denon software. I can save my cues but will this software be compatible in future software. The Denon DJ Music Manager Software for my DN-S3700 surely isn't.