Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

PITCH PLAY NOW AVAILABLE ON A RANE OF HARDWARE

7:00 PM, 8 Mar 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Da Archer 1:52 PM - 9 March, 2017
Hope you guys could include the Vestax VCI380 with Pitch Play mappings :)
Apoplexia 3:10 AM - 10 March, 2017
Is there a way to disable cue points with Pitch Play, so we can just use the pads to change the key without triggering a cue point?
DjDobi 12:13 PM - 11 March, 2017
Any hope of getting mappings or an XML file for pitch play on DDJSR
beatsbyJ 9:18 PM - 11 March, 2017
Can you stretch the updates to cover DDJ-SR please?
DjDobi 9:31 PM - 11 March, 2017
Quote:
Can you stretch the updates to cover DDJ-SR please?

I hope so too. Tone play routines are madd would be great to have on the ddjsr for mobile DJ's like me searched the web for weeks can't find nothing
titom44dj 6:48 PM - 12 March, 2017
Same here, ddj Sr have all pitch n play requirement needed, and pioneer let us have a second function for pads when cue mode selected twice

Sry if bad English ^^
dj lashes 7:44 PM - 12 March, 2017
SR +1
DJ Fa2LA 8:25 PM - 12 March, 2017
Just tried this today for the first time... It's awesome!
Dj Ace 11:11 PM - 12 March, 2017
Quote:

Yes!
dj lashes 4:30 AM - 13 March, 2017
feeling so left out .... come on Serato add this to the SR and VCI380 what the heck just add it to all Pro controllers is that not the reason it called pro or is now vip pro only getting the goodies
DjDobi 10:58 AM - 13 March, 2017
Quote:
Same here, ddj Sr have all pitch n play requirement needed, and pioneer let us have a second function for pads when cue mode selected twice

Sry if bad English ^^

Very bad English lol 😂
fmolina 11:57 AM - 13 March, 2017
Novation Twitch pls
Uncle Donn 12:31 AM - 14 March, 2017
WHAT!!! NO mapping for the Reloop Neon?????????????
SaulArn 2:27 AM - 14 March, 2017
really no ddj sr, please chaange this ddj sx its basically the same than the ddj sr
DjDobi 2:29 PM - 14 March, 2017
I WAS ABLE TO GET IT DONE ON MY DDJSR
Super excited
titom44dj 3:51 PM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
I WAS ABLE TO GET IT DONE ON MY DDJSR
Super excited

Really ? HOW please :) ?
DjDobi 7:28 PM - 14 March, 2017
Long story short, a guy called Radikarl is a beast He midi mapped pictch play for the DDJSX2 in may 2016
SHOW RADIKARL SOME LOVE BY LIKING HIS OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE

To get this buy License for the Pitch n Time Expansion pack

If you use Pioneer DDJSR i already remapped pitch play and you can get it from my Google Drive FREE

drive.google.com

then paste it in; Music _Serato_ MIDI Xml then load it in the midi column in serato

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FIRST CUE POINT WOULD ALWAYS BE AT SLOT 8 ON BOTH SIDE OF THE PERFORMANCE PAD

FOR OTHER CONTROLLERS DOWNLOAD IT HERE:

radikarl.de

*Do make sure you download the one for the SX2*

Then follow the instructions on this video from his official page to remap with your controller plugged in

m.facebook.com

Note:When editing the XML file do change the version of serato to 1.9.6.4129 because it's an older version in the XML

PEACE AND LOVE FROM LAGOS NIGERIA

Instagram: @dobimhen
titom44dj 8:25 PM - 14 March, 2017
thank you so much :D
DjDobi 8:36 PM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
thank you so much :D

You're welcome we are all here for each other.
Hope the mapping worked just fine
titom44dj 9:21 PM - 14 March, 2017
the mapping work and now i've the code i'm doing an optimisation, i will share it when i'm done :

i'll use the shift roll pads button, and allow us to keyshift down with shift combo.

if someone have already a midi map, they will integer the new map by copy without lose hot cue...

;)
DjDobi 9:58 PM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
the mapping work and now i've the code i'm doing an optimisation, i will share it when i'm done :

i'll use the shift roll pads button, and allow us to keyshift down with shift combo.

if someone have already a midi map, they will integer the new map by copy without lose hot cue...

;)

Awesome ✌
titom44dj 10:18 PM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

;)

Awesome ✌

Done : enjoy !

drive.google.com

everything is in, just read the read me file

special thanks to you guy YOU are awesome :D @DjDobi
DJ Grand D 11:03 PM - 14 March, 2017
I wonder if they will make it work with the Rane 62 mixer
DjDobi 2:58 AM - 15 March, 2017
Quote:
I wonder if they will make it work with the Rane 62 mixer

Try following the instructions above u might get it done
DjDobi 6:29 AM - 15 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

;)

Awesome ✌

drive.google.com

Thanks for the shout-out in me READ ME FILE
You did a great job on the edit 👌
ryansalazar 8:03 PM - 16 March, 2017
Officially supported DDJ SR for sure! Please @serato?
Cutmaster Cliff 10:12 PM - 16 March, 2017
I'm diggin' it !
DeeJay Homee 10:30 PM - 16 March, 2017
Pitch play support for denon mc4000?
maestromagadan 12:14 AM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:

Did you find out how to use the pitch play on the vci 380?
DJELSOBRINO 3:14 AM - 20 March, 2017
Pitch and play for novation dicer please !!!
dj rainbow mixtape 9:40 AM - 20 March, 2017
BEST WAY IS TO ADD ALL PRO CONTROLLERS...
DJELSOBRINO 9:47 AM - 20 March, 2017
And for serato rane sl3!!!
Tyke! 7:56 AM - 31 March, 2017
DDJSR +1!
PopRoXxX 5:50 PM - 13 April, 2017
Any word on a RP8000 Pitch Play firmware update by chance?
DjDobi 10:50 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:

Hi man, I posted a link to a video that'll teach you exactly how to midi map your controller since it's not officially supported yet. It's just above the comments.
Do make sure you have Pitch n Time license.
Best regards
PopRoXxX 4:31 PM - 14 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Hi man, I posted a link to a video that'll teach you exactly how to midi map your controller since it's not officially supported yet. It's just above the comments.
Best regards

I read through the thread and didn't see a youtube link anywhere. And I'm also hoping for official support. Fingers crossed
DjDobi 2:46 PM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Best regards

I read through the thread and didn't see a youtube link anywhere. And I'm also hoping for official support. Fingers crossed

It's not a YouTube link it's actually a direct link to Radikarl's facebook page where he posted it.
But if you choose to wait till your mixer is officially supported Goodluck with that. 👍
PopRoXxX 4:02 PM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Best regards

It's not a YouTube link it's actually a direct link to Radikarl's facebook page where he posted it.
But if you choose to wait till your mixer is officially supported Goodluck with that. 👍

Not talking about a mixer here at all lol
mixxinmel 4:08 PM - 6 May, 2017
Man i been putting creative cue points back into my files just for the sake of using this feature. been going bananas on my Numark NS7ii. Was clueless on how they was doing it 2 1/2 years ago. I was like wow they gettin it in, BUT HOW LOL. Now I Know!
Jemocki 3:57 AM - 29 May, 2017
Any word for Pitch Play mappings on the Novation Dicers?
pantcho 11:58 PM - 13 June, 2017
Good evening I would like to know if it is possible to use this recursso with the DDJSR
thank you
Trips3itch 11:28 PM - 25 July, 2017
How do I use pitch n play on the Roland DJ 808 in still trying to figure the unit out I've held down shift and the sample button where it says pitch play and it changes the pads blue I need some help lol im new with the Roland and any tips on the unit would be nice thanks !
Trips3itch 12:07 AM - 26 July, 2017
Nevermind figured it out !
The Vinyal Assassin 1:50 AM - 23 August, 2017
What's up guys ? I'm wondering if there is a way to change key shift amount say from + - 1 per performance pad to a different value . It appears that each pad goes up only one key and I would like to have a larger scale on the original perimeter set of pads.
DJ Alibi 3:25 AM - 19 September, 2017
Will this feature ever be possible for the Serato remote app on the iPad??
DJELSOBRINO 3:35 AM - 19 September, 2017
Quote:
Will this feature ever be possible for the Serato remote app on the iPad??

That would be awesome !!
brandonsal 12:37 AM - 24 September, 2017
Are you guys going to add the Mixers Duo anytime soon? that would be cool
DJ Alibi 10:11 AM - 7 October, 2017
Quote:

Search YouTube, there is a mapping file for it that I used with mine.
J. Uan 2:48 PM - 7 November, 2017
Hi im running serato dj 1.9.10 with mac os high sierra but i cant active pitch play on my pionneer sp1 .... anyone knows why?anyone can with sp1? Thanks
jose ordoñez 2:24 AM - 2 December, 2017
por favor incluya al DDJ-SR cumple con todo para el pitch play
Algoriddim 5:12 PM - 20 May, 2018
Hi, i have a ddj xs2 love the pitch n time i feel everybody should enjoy it as well give the DDJ-SR Guys the upgrade ,
djxanderpty 4:05 AM - 10 July, 2018
se puede usar con controlador sb3 o un mapeo
DJ Joyride 6:08 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

;)

Awesome ✌

Thanks for the shout-out in me READ ME FILE
You did a great job on the edit 👌

Thx for this great mapping!
but on the right deck i can't play from 0 to -12?! (only from 0 to 12)
can you change it please?
DJAUNZ 10:18 AM - 6 October, 2018
How to mapping with machine mk2?
DJ SYZER 2:59 PM - 9 October, 2018
I just tried DJ Dobi mapping on the Pioneer XP-1 it works but I don't know why it triggers only the 8 cue point with a change of 2 semitone son the pads how do I select the cue point I want to use? Madd props to DJ Dobi, DJ Haveboard and DJ Radikal theybhave contributed a lot to the community when it comes to midi mapping.
DJ SYZER 3:00 PM - 9 October, 2018
I just tried DJ Dobi mapping on the Pioneer XP-1 it works but I don't know why it triggers only the 8 cue point with a change of 2 semitone son the pads how do I select the cue point I want to use? Madd props to DJ Dobi, DJ Haveboard and DJ Radikal theybhave contributed a lot to the community when it comes to midi mapping.
travisone 5:18 PM - 21 October, 2018
Cue point pitch. with Maschine mk2 mapping ? ? help :)
doctech12 8:55 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Search YouTube, there is a mapping file for it that I used with mine.

The YouTube Mapping Is No Longer Available. Do You Have Another For The Mixar Duo
doctech12 9:11 AM - 7 November, 2018
I Just Foud It, But, This Blog Will Not Allow Me The Link
doctech12 12:14 PM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
I Just Foud It, But, This Blog Will Not Allow Me The Link
john msechu 2:37 PM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
Any hope of getting mappings or an XML file for pitch play on DDJSR
DJ B Redi 7:06 PM - 17 May, 2019
I have become pretty familiar with the built in features that my Rane 72 offers with respect to Pitch N Time. What I am wondering is if there is a way to Midi Map (either my user control bank or a separate midi keyboard) so that I can select a specific note for my cue point to be played in. I don't want to just step up or down 1 semitone. Rather, i'd like to be able to play the cue point in whatever note I want. Is there a way to do that?
lindsaymar 3:29 PM - 25 June, 2019
On my S9 myself and others have experienced that double hitting the Sampler button doesn’t engage Pitch Play Mode.
The work around is to hold the Sampler button for 3 seconds and then hit it a second time.

Is Serato aware and planning to address this issue?
DJ Nicasio 7:01 AM - 3 July, 2019
What’s up guys! Is there a way where I can enable the sample/Tone Play on one channel instead of having it on both? I’m trying to have the cue point pad ready on the left side and the sample pad on the right side. I’m on the Pioneer S9 by the way. Thanks!
DJ Fa2LA 4:09 PM - 12 July, 2019
You may need to look into User Modes, although remapping Tone Play could be a daunting task! Do love my S9 but that's definitely an area for improvement, independent modes for both decks. Seems like Rane solved this issue on the 72! Downside is mixer looks a bit more crowded IMO.
DJ Fa2LA 10:27 PM - 24 August, 2020
Now pitch play feature is built into the software itself, so editing that could be tricky.... But you could take the mapping that Radikarl made and modify the "static_value" to increase gaps between semitones.

Depends on your hardware though, what you using? Here's Radikarl's website for the mapping he created for the DJM-S9 plus others. radikarl.de