Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

DDJ S1 / Connection Error MAC 10.9.5

DJ T.E.O 7:06 PM - 24 January, 2017
Controller - DDJ S1
Firmware - Updated
Mac O/S - 10.9.5
Serato - DJ Serato 1.9.5

Been running DJ Serato on my Mac flawless since it came out with my DDJ S1. Never had had any issues until Jan 1, 2017 when my logic board on my MAC died. Apple replaced the board within a week and the Mac is up and running and. But now when I try to plug in my DDJ S1 it give me a message (Pioneer DDJ-S1 hardware connecting. This can take up to one min) Normally this connects soooo fast I never see this message. Then after about 2 mins it give me a message (Pioneer DDJ-S1 hardware failed to connect. Try again later)

Never had this problem until the logic broad was replaced. Not the werid thing is I plugged up to a DDJ SX and DDJ SZ as well as a SL3 box using Scratch Live and it connected and works fine... So I'm trying to understand why my DDJ S1 not connecting. I've also connected the DDJ S1 to another system and it work so I know the DDJ S1 is not having a hardware issue..

Serato Support any ideas???
DJ T.E.O 9:45 PM - 24 January, 2017
Issue Resolved!!!!!!! Read Below

[Serato Support] Re: DDJ S1 Not connecting to Mac 10.9.5
Shopping Yahoo
support team <support@serato.com> Today at 3:10 PM
To
Trp Tech7677
Message body
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (264195) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email above the line.

Mike C (Serato)
Jan 25, 09:10 NZDT

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues you're having.

Please check out this guide on troubleshooting connection issues, and follow all of the steps in this article.

Have you been able to ensure you’ve installed the most recent versions of any necessary drivers and firmware for your controller? You’ll be able to find these on the manufacturers website, listed under your controller. You can find these here.

If you're still having issues, I'd like you to please try the following:

Can you please close Serato DJ, connect your controller, open up a finder window, and proceed to: Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. In this window, can you see your controller? Please check that your Built-in Input and Built-in Output are set as the default sound device. (If not, please make them so.)

Next, please open the list menu Window > Show MIDI Window.

Scroll across till you see your hardware listed. With the icon highlighted, turn off and unplug your controller, then remove that device from the view. Can you connect your controller to your computer again, and try to run the software once more?

If you're still having issues, please go back to the MIDI Window and in the configuration drop down box, please select, and change from ‘Default’ to ‘New Configuration.’

Can you now see your controller in the available devices below?

Also, I'd recommend that you view our Help Centre in the meantime, as it's got a bunch of useful articles to check out.

Kind regards,

Mike C
Customer Support Team

sera.to

Serato INC LP
Private Bag 92015, AMSC
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
T: +64 9 304 0899

sera.to

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
serato.com/disclaimer

Trp Tech7677
Jan 24, 21:11 NZDT

Been running Serato DJ 1.9.5 flawless with not issue since it came out on my Mac 10.9.5 attached to a DDJ S1. On Jan 1, 2017 my logic board on my Mac die and had to get replaced. After the replacement I tried plug my DDJ S1 back and it gives me the message it trying to connect for about 3 mins before giving me the connection error. Any ideas? Not on the system or OS has changed other then a replacement board. Werid thing is I was able to plug into a DDJ SX and SZ with no issue. So i'm not sure why the DDJ S1 not coming up.

This email is a service from Serato..
[J5YP8Z-GQ2V]
John Wants 7:03 PM - 18 August, 2018
What exactly did you change to get it to work? None of those instructions seem to be working for me.
DJ T.E.O 1:19 PM - 19 August, 2018
John - Yeah because my logic board was changed and your soundcard is part of the logic board the O/S loss it’s config for the midi devices that Serato uses... So all I had to do was re-add them for ddj-s1 and everything started working again

The instructions I got below was from Serato support when I called them and it worked for me... but mainly the fix is that your midi device needs to be fixed

please close Serato DJ, connect your controller, open up a finder window, and proceed to: Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. In this window, can you see your controller? Please check that your Built-in Input and Built-in Output are set as the default sound device. (If not, please make them so.)

Next, please open the list menu Window > Show MIDI Window.

Scroll across till you see your hardware listed. With the icon highlighted, turn off and unplug your controller, then remove that device from the view. Can you connect your controller to your computer again, and try to run the software once more?

If you're still having issues, please go back to the MIDI Window and in the configuration drop down box, please select, and change from ‘Default’ to ‘New Configuration.’

Can you now see your controller in the available devices below?
levinsmith0444 9:31 AM - 14 December, 2021
Thanks for sharing such an informative post.
According to a survey it has been seen that it gets easily infected by QuickBooks Company File Error 6189. Thus, we are making an attempt so that you can easily resolve it swiftly with manual steps. If you need immediate help – you can get in touch with the Axpert Accounting team anytime.
Web: www.axpertaccounting.com